IGNORED

Jeremiah & Hannah 2: Flight Instructor Jeremiah Married Hannah Wissman: Exclusive to US!

nelliebelle1197

2 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

One of my kid’s classmates was named Brynn and I really like that name. I don’t like Brynley as much, but that “ley” ending is so popular now so I understand it. And a Christmas baby has to have Noelle for a middle name. Overall, a thumbs up. I’m really going soft in my old age. Probably preparing myself for accepting any crazy grandkid names I might have in the future.

I like Brynn as a name/nickname, so that makes me like Brynley more. Is it my favorite GrandDuggar name? No, but it isn't bad. 

Overall I like the Duggar granddaughter names much better than the Bates granddaughter names. 

• Upvote 4

I wonder what Hannah’s due date was. Brynley was born almost exactly nine months after the wedding date, 3/26/22. I’m thinking she was only a couple of days to a couple of weeks early.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, xenobia said:

Baby Brynley is here. 

E4349E25-115D-47D1-A081-EAA4271FC698_1_201_a.jpeg

Lovely photo, gorgeous baby, cryatyvely-spelled name...and why is Jer giving credit to the Lord for a precious Christmas gift while also saying that his daughter decided to arrive early?  Which is it?

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 4

12 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

I wonder what Hannah’s due date was. Brynley was born almost exactly nine months after the wedding date, 3/26/22. I’m thinking she was only a couple of days to a couple of weeks early.

Her sister Ruth said Hannah was due two weeks after her. Ruth was due December 18. So Hannah was due around New Year's.

14 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

Lovely photo, gorgeous baby, cryatyvely-spelled name...and why is Jer giving credit to the Lord for a precious Christmas gift while also saying that his daughter decided to arrive early?  Which is it?

With dates that tight, I am sure they wanted to assure everyone they did not anticipate their marriage vows. So emphasize that she is early. 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, CanadianMamam said:

Her sister Ruth said Hannah was due two weeks after her. Ruth was due December 18. So Hannah was due around New Year's.

With dates that tight, I am sure they wanted to assure everyone they did not anticipate their marriage vows. So emphasize that she is early. 

Yup. Just coming here to say all of this. Can't have anyone thinking that there was any premarital hanky panky going on. 🙄

• Upvote 4

Alyssa Campana Morton got married March 26, 2016 and gave birth to Norah December 28, 2016. So they had a very similar timeline to Jer and Hannah. 

• Upvote 6

Carlin Bates has to have one of the shortest (if not THE shortest) time frames. They got married on May 25 2019 and Layla was born January 31st 2020 meaning 36 weeks between wedding and birth, but Layla was early (and Carlin has the Bates clotting disorder). Still they basically got pregnant on their wedding night. I always feel sorry for the fundie brides who get pregnant so fast. 

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

Addie Foto Monk got pregnant with twins on her honeymoon and they were a month early. So that was also a quick one. 

• Upvote 5

Jill Duggar Dillard had a honeymoon pregnancy. She announced very early, but Israel was two weeks late. Longest pregnancy ever. But still a honeymoon baby.

• Upvote 9

Hannah and Jer didn’t choose a popular spelling for their baby name. On the 2021 Social Security list, Brynlee is 187, Brinley is 392, and Brynleigh is 888. Brynley didn’t crack the top 1000. If all the Brynlee spellings were combined, it would be approximately a top 100 name.

• Upvote 6

Was not expecting that name. Or a Christmas birth. 

I looked at the wiki and realized that Brynley is the first grandduggar to be born in December. And the Bates don't have any yet. 

• Upvote 4

Our youngest daughter was the exact same weight and length at birt as Brynley (strange name to me, but English is not my first language). Our girl was born on her due date, so not early at all. Our three kids have all been fairly small at birth.

• Upvote 1

With the dates that tight, I think most people would assume early baby, and not necessarily hanky panky. 

This older couple I know had their first child almost a week before their nine months. This was a long time ago and people were much more scandalized by children born in hurry. Their friends..... laughed and teased them about it.

8 hours ago, JDuggs said:

Hannah and Jer didn’t choose a popular spelling for their baby name. On the 2021 Social Security list, Brynlee is 187, Brinley is 392, and Brynleigh is 888. Brynley didn’t crack the top 1000. If all the Brynlee spellings were combined, it would be approximately a top 100 name.

All these unique spellings.. I have a fairly committed n name with a slightly off beat spelling (still perfectly common with no weird extra letters etc but not the most common way to spell it) and I never had any rulers or pens or any personalized stuff with my name on it. So my thoughts automatically go there “think of the pencils!!”

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 7

People can change thier names if they don't like them.  What she can't chabge is she has 18 plus years ahead of her with crappy home schooling, parenting her 40 siblings and being told her only option in life is to get married and spew out arrows.   I would so love them to prove me wrong.  Yet.  

• Upvote 14

11 hours ago, JDuggs said:

That’s interesting. I know two Brynleys and they are both spelt that way. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

With the dates that tight, I think most people would assume early baby, and not necessarily hanky panky. 

This older couple I know had their first child almost a week before their nine months. This was a long time ago and people were much more scandalized by children born in hurry. Their friends..... laughed and teased them about it.

My sister was born exactly a week before my parent's 9 month anniversary. She was about 2 weeks early.  My mom was very self conscious about that and always specified that she came early, lol. She was only 18 when she married my dad so she didn't want anyone thinking she wasn't a "good" girl. 

• Upvote 2

Boy am I glad my friend and family group don’t care about the bride being pregnant at the wedding. My close friend just got married will in the second trimester. Everyone knew she was pregnant. They still got married in a church and no one acted like it was some sort of scandal. That’s what happens when you don’t push purity culture and tie virginity to being a good person. Fundies brought this sort of talk on themselves. They can’t hyper focus on sex before marriage all the time and then be shocked when others hyper focus in it too. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Boy am I glad my friend and family group don’t care about the bride being pregnant at the wedding. My close friend just got married will in the second trimester. Everyone knew she was pregnant. They still got married in a church and no one acted like it was some sort of scandal. That’s what happens when you don’t push purity culture and tie virginity to being a good person. Fundies brought this sort of talk on themselves. They can’t hyper focus on sex before marriage all the time and then be shocked when others hyper focus in it too. 

It doesn't help when the couple is super young though. A lot of the embarrassment from people I know came down to it being high school or college kids getting married due to pregnancy.

9 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

It doesn't help when the couple is super young though. A lot of the embarrassment from people I know came down to it being high school or college kids getting married due to pregnancy.

Well that’s a totally different topic. I don’t believe in getting married just because there’s an unplanned pregnancy. And I do feel sad for those who feel like they have to get married even when they weren’t ready or didn’t want to. My friend was already planning the wedding when she got pregnant. If you were going to get married anyway, cool. 2 things to celebrate at the wedding! But don’t get married just because you got pregnant. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 6

45 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

For me, I was 18 and we decided to get married after not dating very long. I discovered I was pregnant after the date was already planned, and the baby was born about 6 months after the wedding. Obviously with that timeline there would be no one thinking it was a honeymoon baby ( especially since said baby was almost 3 weeks late and over 8lbs lol - definitely couldn’t pass her off as a preemie ) . I didn’t care that people would know she was conceived prior to marriage, but really, really  didn’t like that people assumed I got married just BECAUSE  I was pregnant, because I wouldn’t have.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Brynley wouldn’t be my choice but it’s normal, acceptable name. Noelle I like. It’s better than Truitt (in my opinion). 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

7 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Well that’s a totally different topic. I don’t believe in getting married just because there’s an unplanned pregnancy. And I do feel sad for those who feel like they have to get married even when they weren’t ready or didn’t want to. My friend was already planning the wedding when she got pregnant. If you were going to get married anyway, cool. 2 things to celebrate at the wedding! But don’t get married just because you got pregnant. 

Over here in the Netherlands it is pretty common to get married once you get pregnant. But that is more because it is an easy way to deal with the administrative and legal things around a child.

So couples will plan on having a baby and once they are expecting they will tie the knot to have everything taken care off.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, Expectopatronus said:

It’s better than Truitt (in my opinion). 

What the actual heck? Someone named a girl baby Truitt?  How is that even pronounced?

Edited by Howl