IGNORED

Jeremiah & Hannah 2: Flight Instructor Jeremiah Married Hannah Wissman: Exclusive to US!

nelliebelle1197

It might just be an off moment in the camera but the child who looks like Josie Duggar looks very unhappy.

5 hours ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

It might just be an off moment in the camera but the child who looks like Josie Duggar looks very unhappy.

Apparently they neglected to tell her that she's supposed to keep a continence of looking happy all the time. Which is just as well. Gothard preached that his followers need to look happy all the time, because they were following Jesus and that made them happy. It's form of control that everyone needs to look happy and therefore no one can tell if anyone is really happy. If you're unhappy, you think well it's just me. 

Hopefully no one scolds her over not smiling.

• Upvote 6

They posted a poll on social media and it looks like they will do a sex reveal soon. 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

They posted a poll on social media and it looks like they will do a sex reveal soon. 

It’s a girl. Very low key announcement. Just an IG photo.

Oh sorry. There was more to see. A video of a helicopter dropping pink smoke and crap.

Edited by JDuggs
More to say
  • Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Haha 6
  • Thank You 4

7 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

It’s a girl. Very low key announcement. Just an IG photo.

Oh sorry. There was more to see. A video of a helicopter dropping pink smoke and crap.

These people and their stupid helicopters...

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 3

Nobody on earth can possibly care about your child's genitalia enough to involve planes, helicopters, fireworks, or any of this shit.  Damn.

I could get behind a cake reveal because I like cake, but beyond that it's so ridiculous.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 24

Well, how are you gonna clean up all the CO2 emitted into the atmosphere, Susannah*? 

Absolute idiots. 

*According to Hannah’s insta, Susannah was in charge of planning the gender reveal and cleaning up after. 

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

Nobody on earth can possibly care about your child's genitalia enough to involve planes, helicopters, fireworks, or any of this shit.  Damn.

I could get behind a cake reveal because I like cake, but beyond that it's so ridiculous.

Still better than actually having two guys dressed up as sperm swimming toward an egg. . . .

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • Haha 20

28 minutes ago, nolongerIFBx said:

Still better than actually having two guys dressed up as sperm swimming toward an egg. . . .

Or smashing the taco.

• Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 2
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 1

27 minutes ago, nolongerIFBx said:

A gender reveal worth my time needs at least one show tune and three costumes. Otherwise, tell me about it later.

😂

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 19

1 hour ago, justmy2cents said:

Wait, who did that? Lol

David Rodrigues smashed a taco piñata to reveal the sex of his daughter’s fetus. 

ETA: and yes, there were many joke about David Hunk smashing his daughter’s sex reveal taco 🤮

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 4
  • Disgust 6
  • WTF 4
  • Thank You 2

YouTube has recently decided I need to watch gender reveal videos (especially of multiples) from complete randos. It keeps recommending them in place of videos of subjects I actually find interesting. However, being bored, I’ve watched a few. They’re usually short. Most go with the standard cake, balloons, or confetti cannons. None have featured planes or helicopters. The weirdest one was when whoever set it up did two fake gender reveals before the real one. That made no sense. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, postscript said:

YouTube has recently decided I need to watch gender reveal videos (especially of multiples) from complete randos. It keeps recommending them in place of videos of subjects I actually find interesting. However, being bored, I’ve watched a few. They’re usually short. Most go with the standard cake, balloons, or confetti cannons. None have featured planes or helicopters. The weirdest one was when whoever set it up did two fake gender reveals before the real one. That made no sense. 

I never found out the sex of my fetus until birth. Gender reveals were a thing when I was pregnant but I’m not a “look at me” type of person. So the thought of a gender reveal party makes me cringe. There are very few fetuses that I care enough about to want to know their sex. My close friend just found out she is having a girl and she didn’t do some weird reveal. She just found out at the doctor and texted her close family and friends. That’s it. I texted back that I was so happy for her and congrats and all. She’s the type of person to have an ordinary baby shower. But not a big gender reveal party. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, nolongerIFBx said:

Who did thar? I’m guessing not a fundie, it shows a level of scientific understanding beyond them.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

Who did thar? I’m guessing not a fundie, it shows a level of scientific understanding beyond them.

That was Katie (Bates) Clark's reveal.

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 4
  • WTF 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 1

I saw that one somewhere before Katie's reveal, so she didn't come up with it herself.  It was the kind of thing that might be funny if it was a bunch of people that were all really close at the reveal, but once you add in in-laws and extended friends and family that may not know the swimmers then they look ridiculous.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

On 10/10/2022 at 12:55 AM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I think Jim Bob and Michelle already that at the mini golf course. 

• Haha 9

On 10/10/2022 at 9:13 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I never found out the sex of my fetus until birth. Gender reveals were a thing when I was pregnant but I’m not a “look at me” type of person. So the thought of a gender reveal party makes me cringe. There are very few fetuses that I care enough about to want to know their sex. My close friend just found out she is having a girl and she didn’t do some weird reveal. She just found out at the doctor and texted her close family and friends. That’s it. I texted back that I was so happy for her and congrats and all. She’s the type of person to have an ordinary baby shower. But not a big gender reveal party. 

Me and my best friend used to think the same. That gender (well technically sex, because gender is a construct) reveals were just  social media inventions, and who really cares anyways about your kids's sex? But now that she's pregnant... well she told me she'd like to do a gender reveal! 😅

So as the best friend, I now am on gender reveal duty! Can't be mad she changed her mind. The idea of learning the sex can be cute and fun for any parents. That couple have been trying to conceive for more than a year now, so I know how happy they are. She doesn't have a presence online at all, nor social media followers, so I know the party won't be for likes or for appearances. It won't be a big set-up with planes, flares or firework. Probably a cake or balloons. I see it purely as two people who are excited to welcome a little person in the world and want to share that moment with their friends and family. Overall, I want them to be happy and appreciate this season of life.

Also, it's been agreed to do a gender (sex) reveal and shower combined. That way, their will be less expense and consumerism. No need to buy twice as much decor, food and such for two different parties. This also means the presents won't be gendered, because the guests will learn the sex at the same time as the parents (during the party). I think is super smart, because it isn't in my values to focus too much of gendered toys or clothes. The future mother even said in the end she doesn't care what the gender is, she just wants to have a party and announce it to everyone at the same time. So why not? :confusion-shrug:

• Upvote 7
  • Love 5

7 hours ago, Vivi_music said:

Me and my best friend used to think the same. That gender (well technically sex, because gender is a construct) reveals were just  social media inventions, and who really cares anyways about your kids's sex? But now that she's pregnant... well she told me she'd like to do a gender reveal! 😅

So as the best friend, I now am on gender reveal duty! Can't be mad she changed her mind. The idea of learning the sex can be cute and fun for any parents. That couple have been trying to conceive for more than a year now, so I know how happy they are. She doesn't have a presence online at all, nor social media followers, so I know the party won't be for likes or for appearances. It won't be a big set-up with planes, flares or firework. Probably a cake or balloons. I see it purely as two people who are excited to welcome a little person in the world and want to share that moment with their friends and family. Overall, I want them to be happy and appreciate this season of life.

Also, it's been agreed to do a gender (sex) reveal and shower combined. That way, their will be less expense and consumerism. No need to buy twice as much decor, food and such for two different parties. This also means the presents won't be gendered, because the guests will learn the sex at the same time as the parents (during the party). I think is super smart, because it isn't in my values to focus too much of gendered toys or clothes. The future mother even said in the end she doesn't care what the gender is, she just wants to have a party and announce it to everyone at the same time. So why not? :confusion-shrug:

You could do gender reveal cake pops! 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 3

Really, I can’t complain about the more modest gender reveals. Some people like parties, and learning the sex of your child will do as an excuse. So long as you don’t add carbon to the atmosphere, start a forest fire, or expect me to go, I can’t feel curmudgeonly about this. 
  My ex had a law school prof who celebrated both the birthday and the saint’s day of each of his seven children. His wife loved kids’ parties. 🤷🏼‍♀️ (I think he had some status in conservative Catholic circles.)

• Upvote 7

32 minutes ago, Bastet said:

My ex had a law school prof who celebrated both the birthday and the saint’s day

My MIL is not very religious, but she does it. She loves parties. I find it a bit obnoxious, but cake and champagne is always a good combo haha!

• Upvote 5

I think there's a point to fundie gender reveal parties that the non-fundies lack; fundies (of every religion) observe strict gender roles. Many parents dream about their children before they are born, gender reveals allow the fundie parents to refine their aspirations before they risk too much disappointment. For example: "We're having a girl, so I'll stop talking/thinking about this baby growing up to run the family business and instead focus on raising a little help meet." 

Gender reveals take on a lot less importance for those of us that accept that transgender people exist and/or don't allow a person's gender to define their educational or professional possibilities... but fundies don't operate on those levels. In fundie world, the gender of a person defines how they can dress, behave, learn, worship, etc. The sooner the fundie parents know the role to which their baby will be confined, the better they can plan for their baby's (limited) future. 

• Upvote 12

On 10/12/2022 at 11:54 PM, Vivi_music said:

This is such a good idea. When no one knows if you're having a boy or girl - they tend to buy more neutral. 
My son is adopted and he was home with us before we had our shower - so we got LOTS of truck stuff. (partly because Dad is also IN construction) - but so much blue stuff. Truthfully - there isn't a ton of gender neutral stuff around. 
He had a sleeper for a while that was orange (looked mostly like a prison jumpsuit) but it was SO soft and cozy (and a hand me down - so nicely broken in). 

• Upvote 2

I knew this when I was pregnant. I had seen the showers of friends and there were gobs and gobs of clothing exclusively for one sex. I was glad we chose not to find out because we got less clothing as gifts and the clothing we did get was very neutral. Which made me happy because I knew I would probably have a second baby. And that baby could wear the gender neutral stuff. Plus I could give the baby stuff away to anyone because it was gender neutral. I gave a bunch to a friend who had a baby girl even though I had boys. I’m a practical person by nature. So this was a good option for us. 

• Upvote 13