IGNORED

Jeremiah & Hannah 2: Flight Instructor Jeremiah Married Hannah Wissman: Exclusive to US!

nelliebelle1197

11 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It usually has to do with them being too progressive. Fundies hate progression. They want to live in the past.

Yup, which is why it's cracking me up that they're finally on MY heathen Disney boycott.

Haven't bought anything from them since they hung their employees out to dry during the early days of the pandemic.

While I was never someone that had their personality defined by Disney (as has become way too common), I did and do enjoy their media like most.

Hannah replied that her dress is from Eternal Ivory, a dress shop for the bride. I think this is her dress, $89. Hope she gets lots of use out of it.

DBFA46EA-1BD1-4EB2-9D78-5C700351EF6A.png

Edited by justmy2cents
  • Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Thank You 3

On 4/20/2022 at 3:34 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Very strange outfit. It’s like she’s letting everyone know she’s still a bride on her honeymoon. 

Fundie women have very few days about them. I don’t mind her stretching her big day into a big week. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

Fundie women have very few days about them. I don’t mind her stretching her big day into a big week. 

Yeah, next pic will be in the baby bump lineup

• Upvote 9
  • Eyeroll 1

• 2 months later...

A cute Jer and Hannah wedding video popped up on my You-Tube. Sorry I’m no good at posting links. It does look like it was a smaller, dare I say kind of classy wedding.

Edited by Rio
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Rio said:

A cute Jer and Hannah wedding video popped up on my You-Tube. Sorry I’m no good at posting links. It does look like it was a smaller, dare I say kind of classy wedding.

Any wedding is classy sans Josh.

• Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 14

I found the confetti canons on stage a bit tacky and strange - but I guess a wedding is a day of celebration, a party, so I mean, why not? 

Larger wedding ceremonies in Denmark are often in church, which is a somewhat solemn and reverent affair (often in a dark, hundreds of years old church, with the priest doing all of the talking and prayers), but I guess there is no right way to do it. Confetti canons are not offensive, so I guess why not? 

Edited by SorenaJ
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SorenaJ said:

I found the confetti canons on stage a bit tacky and strange - but I guess a wedding is a day of celebration, a party, so I mean, why not? 

A confetti cannon on stage at a wedding sounds like an idea hatched by Pinkie Pie from My Little Pony. Maybe Jer is secretly a brony. It also sounds kind of fun, so why not. Fun seems in short supply for the Duggars

• Upvote 3

“Confetti cannon” makes it sound like a massive amount of confetti. Actually the attendants released a small amount over the bride and groom.

• Upvote 3

“Confetti cannons” make it sound like the church was sweeping up confetti for weeks afterwards, and she’ll probably pull out the dress in 20 years to show her kids and confetti will fall out of it. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 10
  • I Agree 1

Our church has the strict rule that you are not allowed to throw anything inside the church. Someone told me that especially real flower petals can make horrible stains on some stones, when people walk over the petals and crush them.  

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

• 2 weeks later...

Duggars are not known for respecting property.  Especially the rental house they trashed.

• Upvote 4

On 7/12/2022 at 2:29 PM, Divemaster01 said:

Duggars are not known for respecting property.  Especially the rental house they trashed.

They trashed a rental house?

• Upvote 1

One house they lived in was to be demolished after they moved out, so I get that one. The one they stayed in while staying close to Josie when she was first born was not treated that great from memory. I want to say they rode a scooter or skateboard inside in the entrance/stairs area at least once. 

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 1
  • Thank You 1

12 hours ago, Mrs Ms said:

One house they lived in was to be demolished after they moved out, so I get that one. The one they stayed in while staying close to Josie when she was first born was not treated that great from memory. I want to say they rode a scooter or skateboard inside in the entrance/stairs area at least once. 

And its a historic house, to boot: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cornish_House_(Little_Rock,_Arkansas) 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1

Honestly the landlord should have known a house would get a little beat up if a family with 19 kids was living in it for a few months. I’m not saying the Duggars are well behaved. I’m just saying even a well behaved family of 19 kids would beat up a house a little bit. I wouldn’t have allowed them to stay in my historic home in the first place. 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 5

I once owned a rental house. Two people can cause a bit of damage even when they’re seemingly low-key. We rented to such a couple. When they moved out, we found the inside of the toilet bowl was cracked with a big chunk of porcelain missing. To this day, we cannot figure out how that happened. The small bathroom was upstairs and the toilet tucked in a corner. What do you accidentally drop into a toilet to cause that kind of damage? A cinder block? We replaced the toilet. They did not get their deposit returned.

Rental leases generally specify “normal wear and tear” of the property is acceptable. Those are things like a few small nail holes, worn carpet, scuffed floors, etc. Property damage is something else.

I’ve lived in a neighborhood with rental homes for years. It’s my experience that renters almost never take care of a property as well as homeowners. Rental home owners are usually aware of this. If ya gonna rent to a huge family, don’t expect much.

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 7

My husband (who came from a family that owned rentals) and I decided long ago that we do not have the temperaments to be rental owners. I hate when people do not take care of their property or the home they are renting. It just shows a basic lack of respect, IMO.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 7

12 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

My husband (who came from a family that owned rentals) and I decided long ago that we do not have the temperaments to be rental owners. I hate when people do not take care of their property or the home they are renting. It just shows a basic lack of respect, IMO.

I’m the same way so I would never be able to have a rental. I rented multiple places in my 20s and I always took care of it like I owned it. Once I accidentally broke something when I was 21 but that was it. All other places I rented gave me the deposit back because I took care of it. 

• Upvote 2

My house was a former rental property.  I got it for cheap because it needed so much work- think new roof and windows,  over grown landscaping ripped out, new deck, kitchen, bathrooms, carpet.  The basement had flooded so all the dry wall and carpet needed to go.  The appliances were trashed - I honestly don't think the stove or fridge had been deep cleaned between renters.  Evidently this place went through a different renters every year.   We did all of the work except for the walk in shower in the master bath.  The tub had a huge crack in it and  had not been used since one of the former renter's child drowned in it.  This remodel has been an on going  project for the past seven years and I'm happy to say that we laid the last square of sod yesterday.  After this experience there is no way that I could handle renting out houses, people just don't respect what isn't theirs.

• Upvote 7

As a renter, I always treat a space as if it is my own… but of the three apartments I’ve lived in, all of them have involved moving in to things that were already in disrepair (in my last place, chunks were missing from the bathtub floor from the previous tenant pulling up some sort of traction thing they had installed, not all the kitchen cabinets would stay closed, and the closet doors often slid off their tracks, for example). I think the problem goes both ways… landlords don’t want the expense of fixing things that are expensive by the time all the little things are added up, and it doesn’t really bother them since they don’t have to deal with it every day, so they make cheap fixes and buy the cheapest paint/appliance/etc which means it often is easier to scuff/warp/wear out with normal use. 

I’ll certainly admit I had a few accidents that I would have had even if it was my own home (ex. A mirror fell during an earthquake and took a chunk out of a baseboard; I moved a couch and scratched the floor because a nail had worn through the padding on one foot and I didn’t realize it), BUT in my own home those small damages could have been taken care of immediately, and it doesn’t seem like such a huge cost to do one thing at a time. When I moved out, it wasn’t negligence that caused either of those things, but when you add them to the list of other repairs that already needed to be made, it’s suddenly a pretty big bill to fix up the place. I did my best to fill the damaged areas and paint/reseal them because I want to live in a nice place, but I’m not going to pay to completely re-do a baseboard or re-finish the floor when I’ll only be there for another 6 months and will not get the use out of that investment like I would if it was my own place.

There’s not really a way to win in the renter/landlord scenario. Landlords often build wealth, and renters have a roof over their heads. That’s about it. 

• Upvote 14

8 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Honestly the landlord should have known a house would get a little beat up if a family with 19 kids was living in it for a few months. I’m not saying the Duggars are well behaved. I’m just saying even a well behaved family of 19 kids would beat up a house a little bit. I wouldn’t have allowed them to stay in my historic home in the first place. 

Yep - I can't imagine that 21 people don't leave a mark on a place. Especially when it's little kids. I have one son - and we bought a cottage last year and had to live with the other people's stuff for a while (Some they would take - some they wouldn't) and I was CONSTANTLY worried that the tornado I live with would break something critical. They said it was fine, kids are kids etc - but they had daughters who were now married and living on their own  - people forget the sheer force of nature one 8 year old can be... And he was just ONE and that wasn't a historic home!

• Upvote 3

My house was a rental for about 35 years before we bought it.  It was a family home (my father grew up here, my grandfather built it) that my dad bought out of foreclosure.  He kept it as a rental and never really made much money on it but offset the cost of the mortgage and upkeep.  He was a bit of a sucker, though, so always allowed pets and they can really wreck a property.

I spent a LOT of my childhood cleaning up this house between renters and I know I don't have the temperament for it.  There are a lot of excellent people in the world, but there are some real disgusting ones, too.  I always loved this house, though, and said from the time I was 5 that I wanted it one day.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 3

I hated owning a rental. Mr. Cam and I were not good business partners. There were many things about the rental  we did not agree on. It wasn’t worth the hassle and we sold it after ten years. I learned a lot, tho, and we did make a reasonable profit on the sale. But never again.

My son recently had one of the best landlords for a house he rented. The house was adorable, very clean, updated including kitchen appliances. The furnace went bad in the middle of winter. The landlord sent someone that day to look at it and the following morning at 8 am, a new furnace was getting installed. The landlord also had a new roof put on when it began having issues. Numerous other smaller matters were always promptly addressed.

• Upvote 7