IGNORED

Jeremiah & Hannah 2: Flight Instructor Jeremiah Married Hannah Wissman: Exclusive to US!

nelliebelle1197

10 minutes ago, Howl said:

What the actual heck? Someone named a girl baby Truitt?  How is that even pronounced?

Lol it’s a boy. It’s pronounced True-it.

22 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Lol it’s a boy. It’s pronounced True-it.

OK, that's slightly better!  For some reason, it seems there should be a brother named Trout. 

• Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Howl said:

OK, that's slightly better!  For some reason, it seems there should be a brother named Trout. 

I thought the new baby should be Bluett pronounced like Blew-it 😉

• Haha 13

1 hour ago, Howl said:

What the actual heck? Someone named a girl baby Truitt?  How is that even pronounced?

I think Truitt is a boy (which makes it WAY better -sarcasm). And in my head - I would think "True-It" for pronunciation but... 

• Upvote 1

All the different spellings of Brrinnlliee remind me of a scene in “The Sex Lives of College Girls” in which Leighton mingles at a pre-rush sorority party where all the women all seem to be named Ashley. As one by one she comes across them, they each tell her exactly how their name is spelled:
A-s-h-l-i-e, A-s-h-l-e-e, Ashleye, Ashleigh…….

Hey speaking of NoeElle, a few years back I saw a short story about how how one version of it is spelled “JKMN”. No kidding. That’s a bizarre version of No L. There were a couple other names using cockamamie spellings but I don’t remember them.

The common name Brittney has a vast variety of spellings. I worked in an elementary and most of the time, teachers with a Brittaney in their room never spelled it correctly. Poor Britnee. Meghan is another one. At one time, a fifth grade had six Meagans and it was a small school.  I can never remember how Megan Markle spells her first name even tho I see it in headlines all the time. Meygan? Maegyn? 

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

14 hours ago, Expectopatronus said:

Brynley wouldn’t be my choice but it’s normal, acceptable name. Noelle I like. It’s better than Truitt (in my opinion). 

That's how I feel about it as well.  I know a girl named Brinley (I think that's how she spells it but I'm not sure) - she's about 8 years old, nice kid.... I guess that gives it positive associations.  

While I was reading this thread, a question popped into my head - I wonder if anyone has named twins "Elle" and "Noelle".  

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Cam said:

Meghan is another one. At one time, a fifth grade had six Meagans and it was a small school.  I can never remember how Megan Markle spells her first name even tho I see it in headlines all the time. Meygan? Maegyn? 

Meghan. 

• Thank You 1

I admit, I do prefer the most common spellings of names because it just makes it easier. But there are some names where there isn’t a super common spelling. Like Carrie. I swear I’ve come across so many different ways to spell it! Carey, Carrie, Kari, Keri, Karri, Kerri, Kerry, Karrie, and it just goes on and on. Unfortunately my husband’s name spelling is the less common spelling of his name. I swear there are people with this spelling. It’s just less common. So everyone spells it the most common way. It’s often misspelled. I don’t have this problem. My name spelling is by far the most common way to spell it. 

• I Agree 1

Their son’s name is spelled Truett. “True” for short, which I personally do not care for. It’s after the founder of Chik-Fil-A, S. Truett Cathy, so I thought their baby girl might be Cathy. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

I love Noelle. The spelling of Brynley looks normal to me and the name could be worse. DWTS pro Lindsey Arnold‘s younger sister is named Brynley, with the same spelling. 

Looks like Hannah Duggar is fully accomplished in her world as a wife and now mother.

• Upvote 1

I know a 50 year old Brynnley. I just looked her up on social media to confirm her spelling. She was always a gracious and friendly young woman and now I imagine she's a gracious and friendly woman.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Their son’s name is spelled Truett. “True” for short, which I personally do not care for. It’s after the founder of Chik-Fil-A, S. Truett Cathy, so I thought their baby girl might be Cathy. 

I know a young woman named Trew. I don’t like it. If you are going to call your kid True, just spell it True. Her name must be misspelled often. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

We named our daughter Eleanor, after Eleanor of Aquitane.  When she was 16 she decided she wanted to be called Nellie.  Both names are uncommon so she does feel special.

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

On 1/3/2023 at 11:12 AM, Cam said:

Meghan is another one. At one time, a fifth grade had six Meagans and it was a small school.  I can never remember how Megan Markle spells her first name even tho I see it in headlines all the time. Meygan? Maegyn? 

I'm a Meghan. And growing up in the 70s - I think I knew exactly two, and they were Megan's. Add in a few Irish Setters and Golden Retrievers.... 

Now we're apparently everywhere. 

We are similar to the Netherlands. People don’t get married because they NEED to in case of pregnancies. In my experience it’s the older couples in longer relationships that decide to get married so the paperwork after baby is born easier. Young parents to be or parents that haven’t been in a committed relationship long tend to rather go through the paperwork and are not really encouraged to marry. Marriage is about the relationship and less about your parental status, so that’s why we have many parents in long relationships that never marry. Most people don’t think a child is a great reason to marry and young people, especially if they haven’t been in a relationship long (u25 and less than 7-10 years or 30+ and less than 3-5 years, always with living together BEFORE marriage) are more or less discouraged to marry. But then at 30 for women the pressure to marry and pop out a child is still a thing. People also still do choose the “traditional” order a lot. It’s nice to see all those options next to each other. 

• Upvote 4

On 1/3/2023 at 12:25 PM, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Have they said that???!!!!! I've never heard that they said it was after Chik-Fil-A.  People on FJ and other snarksites made the Chik-Fil-A connection, but as far as I know Jed!  and Katey just liked Truett. It's a last name as first name which is cultural in the United States particularly the South. 

I've heard Truett as a first name before, but not because of ChikFila. Without them saying that's why they picked, I assume they heard it or read it somewhere.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Have they said that???!!!!! I've never heard that they said it was after Chik-Fil-A.  People on FJ and other snarksites made the Chik-Fil-A connection, but as far as I know Jed!  and Katey just liked Truett. It's a last name as first name which is cultural in the United States particularly the South. 

I've heard Truett as a first name before, but not because of ChikFila. Without them saying that's why they picked, I assume they heard it or read it somewhere.

No, they've never said that he was named after the founder. It's one of those internet rumors that's commonly accepted as a fact.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

On 1/3/2023 at 11:40 PM, Howl said:

Boy, katey and Jed 

true it 

I'm quite amazed at how many people hate the name Truett.

I honestly really like it. For some reason, of the Duggar grands, "Samuel Scott" is my favorite (he sounds like a future firefighter), but "Truett Oliver" is my second. Truett could also go by "Todd" as a nickname in a nod to his initials, which is also a very solid name.

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, AprilQuilt said:

sorry to say that in the north-east of England, a tod is a turd, so I can't ever take the name Todd seriously.

Uh oh! We named my son’s stuff otter “Todder otter.” So you’re telling me his name is basically pooper otter. Nice. 

• Haha 8

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I don’t mind Truett too much. It’s way better than many fundie baby names. 

I think the fundie child naming trend is more mainstream. Not too many Praisehisholyname or Seasonoflife these days.

• Rufus Bless 1

8 hours ago, Cults-r-us said:

I think the fundie child naming trend is more mainstream. Not too many Praisehisholyname or Seasonoflife these days.

No, but we did get the gem 'Newman Christian,' which is another name people seemingly hate, but personally I think people hate it because he's a grandRod, not because the name is actually bad.

Heistheway is ridiculous on paper, but the pronunciation is nice. We've been told it's pronounced 'Hiss-th-way,' which I think sounds like something from the 1700s, 'Oh Hiss-th-way, fetch the tea kettle, won't you?'

New-to-us is "Praise The Lord" Helferich. She married Denver Bontrager. That one just seems like a cop-out, trying to avoid "blasphemy" meanwhile her middle name is "the lord," which seems super blasphemous to me personally. I like 'Praise' as a name, but it is a hard pairing. Going through the website 'Behind the Name,' trying to find a pairing, I came across 'Bithiah.' According to the website it means 'daughter of yahweh' and that would be a good one. I'm honestly surprised it hasn't caught on among fundies more because the meaning is so good, and while obscure it is nice and could easily be nicknamed 'Beth.' On my search I also saw 'Deborah' which apparently means bee in Hebrew, and that would actually be a fun pun. "Praise Bee."

• Thank You 1