IGNORED

Catholic Activist Lauren Handy found with five fetuses kept in her house

closetcagebaby

Yeah, for me, it was how whenever there was a murder of an abortion provider, they would just wring their hands and say, “We don’t condone violence,” but not do anything to actually prove that they didn’t.

(That and the “they only care about babies before they’re born” thing.)

Edited by smittykins
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

8 minutes ago, closetcagebaby said:

Well it gets worse and weirder. 

How grotesque. 

Re: burial in an "undisclosed location." I hope someone follows up on this. In many jurisdictions you need to have permits -- for interment and maybe transport of bodies -- in order to bury someone in an active cemetery. Even a Roman Catholic cemetery would have these requirements.

If they used an inactive cemetery -- say an old family burying ground -- theyʻd still have to have permission of the landowner or whoever controls the property, and there may be requirements to notify the local health authority. IOW, you canʻt just go sticking bodies into the ground wherever you like.

• Upvote 8

I have to say it really worries me that they specifically name the doctor who works at the clinic so many times in their press conference. The people involved in that organization are linked to domestic terrorists. They could get that doctor killed and I bet that’s their intent. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 8

1 hour ago, hoipolloi said:

In many jurisdictions you need to have permits -- for interment and maybe transport of bodies -- in order to bury someone in an active cemetery.

I had to have a permit to take Mr.Xtian's cremains from the funeral home to my house and from my house to the cemetery. From what I was given to understand, transporting even cremains w/o a permit was some serious shit legally. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, closetcagebaby said:

Well it gets worse and weirder. 

These people are insane.

Also I hope Caitlin Doughty ends up doing a video on this because I'm curious and she's likely to have some insight on some of the legal (and logistical) issues involved.

I have to say it really worries me that they specifically name the doctor who works at the clinic so many times in their press conference. The people involved in that organization are linked to domestic terrorists. They could get that doctor killed and I bet that’s their intent. 

I think that is their intent. They aren't "pro-life" at all. They'd be happy to see the doctor killed. It's all about the fetuses. Just the fetuses. Once they're actual born people? Screw them. They don't care what happens to them then.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 8

On 4/1/2022 at 4:41 PM, zee_four said:

But yeah to be pro trans in the anti choice community...  I would guess that would require being anti Trump and the like but I could be wrong. I wonder how that goes down.

Not at all. Caitlyn Jenner is trans and a Trumper. Politics does make strange bedfellows. I can't even understand the Log Cabin Republicans, let alone Black Trumpers.

4 hours ago, feministxtian said:

I had to have a permit to take Mr.Xtian's cremains from the funeral home to my house and from my house to the cemetery. From what I was given to understand, transporting even cremains w/o a permit was some serious shit legally. 

Just in order to HAVE someone cremated in some states (Arizona, in my experience) requires a ridiculous amount of red tape. All of us siblings had to go to a funeral home in the state where we lived and complete a form saying we did not object to my mother being cremated, and those forms were then faxed to the funeral home in AZ before the cremation could take place.

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, closetcagebaby said:

More info on the press conference they held here. 

I want to know who the guy is who was there to collect the biohazard material was and when he's getting fired. Unless he was in on the whole thing, there's no way someone actually responsible just let some whackjobs take off with the biohazard material he was responsible for.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

16 minutes ago, SisterCupcake said:

I want to know who the guy is who was there to collect the biohazard material was and when he's getting fired. Unless he was in on the whole thing, there's no way someone actually responsible just let some whackjobs take off with the biohazard material he was responsible for.

The disposal company disputes their account and the antis have told a few different versions of their story already. I'm guessing they just stole it or made up this story whole cloth tbh.

• Upvote 9

I'm guessing they just stole it or made up this story whole cloth tbh.

"Made up whole cloth" is always a good bet with this crowd.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

22 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

Not at all. Caitlyn Jenner is trans and a Trumper. Politics does make strange bedfellows. I can't even understand the Log Cabin Republicans, let alone Black Trumpers.

Just in order to HAVE someone cremated in some states (Arizona, in my experience) requires a ridiculous amount of red tape. All of us siblings had to go to a funeral home in the state where we lived and complete a form saying we did not object to my mother being cremated, and those forms were then faxed to the funeral home in AZ before the cremation could take place.

Wow, what a PiTA. NY does not have that requirement. My mother was cremated in NY last year and none of the five siblings who live out of state had to do anything.

• Upvote 4

16 hours ago, zeebaneighba said:

Wow, what a PiTA. NY does not have that requirement. My mother was cremated in NY last year and none of the five siblings who live out of state had to do anything.

Same in CT. Cremation is almost becoming the default nowadays.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

I wonder if it makes a difference if the person who has passed had pre-arranged for cremation through a funeral home or in some other way. 

But states being what they are, each state likely has its own specific requirements. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, Howl said:

But states being what they are, each state likely has its own specific requirements. 

This is true and would include city or county regulations as well.

Having a will may be a factor as well. I had a friend who died suddenly at home and he was intestate (no will), with no family where he was living. IIRC, his closest living relative was a cousin located across the country. Although his local friends & associates handled notification of the authorities and could speak to his desire for cremation, with no will and no designated executor or representative the Medical Examiner wouldn't do anything else until the cousinʻs identity and relationship to my friend could be confirmed. They could then proceed with disposition.

• Upvote 5

And here I was thinking I would be reading that she had kept the fruits of her own conceptions, which for whatever reason did not make it to term... Silly me.

• I Agree 1

30 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

And here I was thinking I would be reading that she had kept the fruits of her own conceptions, which for whatever reason did not make it to term... Silly me.

I totally thought that too. Because it's not the least bit uncommon for "pro-life" activists to actually only be "pro-life" for other people. When it comes to themselves and their families, oh... they can't have a child right now, it's not a good time. Their daughter can't have a baby, she's still in high school. She just made a mistake, not like those other sluts at the abortion clinic. 

Oh, and can we come in the back door so our fellow protesters don't see us going in?

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 9

On 4/11/2022 at 11:39 AM, Four is Enough said:

Oh, Sweet Rufus, I just flashed back to the Naked Roast Sitter. 

• Haha 5