IGNORED

2022 March Madness

47of74

Here's my men's bracket in the spoiler for 2022.

Spoiler

47sMensBracket.thumb.png.23e1a08e922828a45e47a387a10bbe36.png

Yeah, I'm not expecting it to get all that far before it all gets shot to hell, but hey I can dream, can't I?

• Upvote 1
  • Move Along 1

Richmond for the upset!  Meanwhile, watching a close Gonzaga/Georgia State game.  C’mon Zags! 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, CTRLZero said:

Richmond for the upset!  Meanwhile, watching a close Gonzaga/Georgia State game.  C’mon Zags! 

Fornicate!   There goes my bracket.

And it messed up a bunch of other brackets too since it seems a lot of people thought Iowa would at least advance to the second round.

85.6 percent of ESPN brackets had the Hawkeyes advancing out of the first round, so that’s a large chunk of brackets which are no longer perfect. However, that’s not the only impact of Iowa losing this game. The Hawkeyes were the 13th most popular title team, so the cascading effect of the team not making it in each round will eventually catch up to those who picked Iowa. 1.6 percent of brackets had Iowa winning it all.

This site had the odds of Iowa winning the whole thing at 2200 (and Richmond at 50000).  So yeah I was managing my expectations going in too.

• Upvote 1
  • Move Along 1

Jesus - I had Iowa facing Kentucky at the end.  Well guess what just happened to Kentucky.

John Calipari built perennial contenders at Kentucky with the very best amateur basketball players in America. He shunned experience for one-and-dones. He took in high school All-Americans and churned out lottery picks. He won championships and hundreds of games along the way, and then, in 2021, he scrapped that model for an entirely new approach.

In 2022, on Thursday in Indianapolis, it backfired.

Kentucky's oldest team in six decades, a diverse group of transfers and upperclassmen and non-top-10 recruits, entered the NCAA tournament eyeing a national title. Instead, it fell to No. 15 seed Saint Peter's in overtime, 85-79.

It's Calipari's first opening-round NCAA tournament loss at Kentucky. And it was ugly.

Edited by 47of74
  • Upvote 1
  • Move Along 1