IGNORED

Unmarried Fundies 11: Searching for that 90 Day Fiancé

Bethella

43 minutes ago, albireo said:

I thought Chelsy's failed courtship was with Matthias Wissmann. How do we know it was Stephen?

As for the S'Mortons, who are basically the only family I follow at this point:

Campbell Roberts had a failed pre-courtship with Trace Bates and dated a guy named Hugh Morris (a Lane cousin, incidentally) before rebounding with John Morton. I don't recall the dates exactly.

Adeline Morton and Michael Holloway might have had the same situation as Grace Mally and her husband; he vanished from her social media after August 2019 and then popped up again in July 2020 when they got engaged.

I think Katie's sworn off men. She has family all around to help her with the kids and her experience with Predator was horrible from the start.

We don’t know who Chelsy dated. I sort of rode the speculation bus and said it Matthias Wissmann because I thought it would be funny since both Mathias and Chelsy got married to other people on the exact same day. But there’s zero proof that ever happened. Stephen Wissmann and Jana were seen sitting together while opening presents at the Wissmann Christmas get together. And then they were seen together after that. But they never confirmed their relationship. If there was anything, it’s probably over now. 

Tim Rod also likely had a special friend in Wisconsin that ended. We don’t know exactly who it was but it was likely to be a Mayo since the Mayos took Tim with them to visit the Bonts in Iowa. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

We don’t know who Chelsy dated. I sort of rode the speculation bus and said it Matthias Wissmann because I thought it would be funny since both Mathias and Chelsy got married to other people on the exact same day. But there’s zero proof that ever happened. Stephen Wissmann and Jana were seen sitting together while opening presents at the Wissmann Christmas get together. And then they were seen together after that. But they never confirmed their relationship. If there was anything, it’s probably over now. 

Tim Rod also likely had a special friend in Wisconsin that ended. We don’t know exactly who it was but it was likely to be a Mayo since the Mayos took Tim with them to visit the Bonts in Iowa. 

Jermajesty, what are your thoughts on the speculated Duggar/Bates broken courtships? Jinger and Lawson; Joe and Carlin. Jinger and Lawson I'm inclined to think was Lawson being an attention whore, but while Joe and Carlin seems like the weirdest match-up it may have actually happened.

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

Jermajesty, what are your thoughts on the speculated Duggar/Bates broken courtships? Jinger and Lawson; Joe and Carlin. Jinger and Lawson I'm inclined to think was Lawson being an attention whore, but while Joe and Carlin seems like the weirdest match-up it may have actually happened.

Those are the only ones I truly side eye. I can’t help but think they weren’t serious at all. And possibly just some flirting and crushes that ended before it all really began. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Those are the only ones I truly side eye. I can’t help but think they weren’t serious at all. And possibly just some flirting and crushes that ended before it all really began. 

And yet included Joe going to Crown, briefly, which was just... Whoa. Or do we think that was separate?

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

And yet included Joe going to Crown, briefly, which was just... Whoa. Or do we think that was separate?

Who knows. I personally think the Bateses and Duggars grew up together and have known each other so long that I doubt any will marry each other. 

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Who knows. I personally think the Bateses and Duggars grew up together and have known each other so long that I doubt any will marry each other. 

Yeah, I agree -though not because they grew up together, but because the Bates think they're substantially better than the Duggars. Both patriarchs are creeps, both matriarchs are slackers, but the Bates kids do seem to be doing better despite their crappy parents.

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

Yeah, I agree -though not because they grew up together, but because the Bates think they're substantially better than the Duggars. Both patriarchs are creeps, both matriarchs are slackers, but the Bates kids do seem to be doing better despite their crappy parents.

Other than Josh, how are the Bates better?

11 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Other than Josh, how are the Bates better?

Most of their girls receive some form of post-secondary education and their husbands have actual jobs.

It seems like they also hustle better in general -the Bates Sisters Boutique is doing well; Carlin and Evan are apparently doing decently well on social media, as are Katie and Travis. Kelton and Josie have actual lives/jobs. Bobby and Tori are kind of questionable, but Bobby works for Kelton and Kelton's business is booming, so that seems solid enough. It also seems like it could be a plan that Tori will homeschool many of the Bates cousins, which considering she majored in education, it's not the worst plan. I don't think she'll be the greatest because of the non-stop pregnancies, but at least there's some pedagogical background. 

Chad and Erin... Chad is super handy, which will always find a market, while Erin's ability to give piano lessons gives her something to be able to support her family if Chad were to die prematurely. I'm curious to see if there's more fire to the smoke that Chad wanted to do less social media and go more religious and if that's going to cripple them in the coming years. He's been the darling Bates husband of FJ for so long, but... His family of origin is sketchy and always has been.

The Websters are a hot mess, but again: John can support them with his job, at least for now. With him it seems like there's a big risk of his body breaking down, so that could be an impending disaster. I'd also love to see Alyssa put her kids in school, considering how much she seemingly resents Mom Life, but... That'll be what it'll be.

No idea what Brandon's up to currently, but he worked for the Borg forever and Michaela has her LPN certificate to fall back on. Not having kids of their own they have a lot more wiggle room.

While the Bates have their fuck head children (namely Nathan and Lawson), for the most part they're all capable of supporting themselves. And credit where credit is due: Lawson is capable of supporting himself, he just refuses to; seems the same goes for Nathan. Honestly though, Nathan and Esther seem like an impending hillbilly clusterfuck ala the Mortons, so... :popcorn2:

• Upvote 9

Christopher Maxwell had a broken engagement before Anna Marie. His ex, Sara Smith had a second broken engagement before finally marrying #3.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 4

Solomon Anderson also had a courtship (engagement?) with a girl called Sarah before she and her family got the hell away from the Andersons and their church. Someone mod-confirmed who knew her, possibly an aunt?, came on here and told us Solomon was abusive, which does not surprise me in the slightest.

Also if we’re counting broken courtships it sounds pretty much confirmed that Josh Duggar & Kaeleigh Holt were in some kind of more-than-friends relationship before her family found out that he was a sex abuser.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

Also Zach Bates and Sarah Reith too were officially courting right? But never engaged?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, front hugs > duggs said:

Also Zach Bates and Sarah Reith too were officially courting right? But never engaged?

Correct, the courtship proposal was featured on 19 Kids & Counting in October 2011 (pre-United Bates of America). The breakup was noted on the Bates’ blog in July 2012, it was Sarah’s decision and happened a couple of months after the courtship proposal. 

• Upvote 4

On 1/3/2023 at 12:37 AM, RebeccaRay said:

Susanna Wissmann is in a relationship with Drew Jerred as per her photo in her reel.

Wasn’t she in a relationship with someone else already? Or was that speculation?

5 hours ago, firecatsfire said:

Wasn’t she in a relationship with someone else already? Or was that speculation?

It was speculated for a while that she was with Logan Smith, who’s currently dating Lindsay Haight. Nothing was really confirmed, just a few pics of them next to each other. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, firecatsfire said:

Logan Smith had his arm around Susannah in some pics awhile back. They were together often but then that stopped. And now he’s dating Lindsey Haight. I definitely think they’ve kissed because they are always all over each other in pics. They don’t act much like a fundie couple. But none of the Haight daughters are acting very fundie these days. 

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Logan Smith had his arm around Susannah in some pics awhile back. They were together often but then that stopped. And now he’s dating Lindsey Haight. I definitely think they’ve kissed because they are always all over each other in pics. They don’t act much like a fundie couple. But none of the Haight daughters are acting very fundie these days. 

It wouldn’t surprise me. Her sister Emily and her fiancé had a picture of them kissing. It’s weird how the Haight girls seem to be close to most of the fundie families but don’t seem very fundie themselves. 

6 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

It was speculated for a while that she was with Logan Smith, who’s currently dating Lindsay Haight. Nothing was really confirmed, just a few pics of them next to each other. 

Yeah, that’s what I thought I remembered. Does anyone know if he lives in Arkansas?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, firecatsfire said:

It wouldn’t surprise me. Her sister Emily and her fiancé had a picture of them kissing. It’s weird how the Haight girls seem to be close to most of the fundie families but don’t seem very fundie themselves. 

Yeah, that’s what I thought I remembered. Does anyone know if he lives in Arkansas?

I really don’t know where Logan seems to live. He’s a pilot like so many other fundie males so he could travel quite a bit while having a home base in AR.

• Upvote 2

So I took a look at Drew Jerred's instagram. I think it is the right person because he's followed by some Wissman's. He doesn't have many posts but the posts he does have are largely photos of guns....oh and a dead deer. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, browngrl said:

So I took a look at Drew Jerred's instagram. I think it is the right person because he's followed by some Wissman's. He doesn't have many posts but the posts he does have are largely photos of guns....oh and a dead deer. 

May he eat every bite, in Rufus' name amen.

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1

On 11/21/2022 at 11:07 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Mary Maxwell is engaged to Samuel Hock.

Mary and Sam will marry on 27th of May.....

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 9

10 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Logan Smith and Lindsay Haight are engaged

Two sisters marrying two close friends--wonder if a double wedding is in the works🙄

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, EmiSue said:

Two sisters marrying two close friends--wonder if a double wedding is in the works🙄

No. Her sister’s wedding is tomorrow. Weird to get engaged days before your sister’s wedding. At least it’s not at the wedding like Joken. 

I am sad she’s engaged because I bet she will drop out of college. A state university. Not a Bible college. She seemed like she was having fun at college too.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

On 1/3/2023 at 12:22 PM, CaptainFunderpants said:

Most of their girls receive some form of post-secondary education and their husbands have actual jobs.

It seems like they also hustle better in general -the Bates Sisters Boutique is doing well; Carlin and Evan are apparently doing decently well on social media, as are Katie and Travis. Kelton and Josie have actual lives/jobs. Bobby and Tori are kind of questionable, but Bobby works for Kelton and Kelton's business is booming, so that seems solid enough. It also seems like it could be a plan that Tori will homeschool many of the Bates cousins, which considering she majored in education, it's not the worst plan. I don't think she'll be the greatest because of the non-stop pregnancies, but at least there's some pedagogical background. 

Chad and Erin... Chad is super handy, which will always find a market, while Erin's ability to give piano lessons gives her something to be able to support her family if Chad were to die prematurely. I'm curious to see if there's more fire to the smoke that Chad wanted to do less social media and go more religious and if that's going to cripple them in the coming years. He's been the darling Bates husband of FJ for so long, but... His family of origin is sketchy and always has been.

The Websters are a hot mess, but again: John can support them with his job, at least for now. With him it seems like there's a big risk of his body breaking down, so that could be an impending disaster. I'd also love to see Alyssa put her kids in school, considering how much she seemingly resents Mom Life, but... That'll be what it'll be.

No idea what Brandon's up to currently, but he worked for the Borg forever and Michaela has her LPN certificate to fall back on. Not having kids of their own they have a lot more wiggle room.

While the Bates have their fuck head children (namely Nathan and Lawson), for the most part they're all capable of supporting themselves. And credit where credit is due: Lawson is capable of supporting himself, he just refuses to; seems the same goes for Nathan. Honestly though, Nathan and Esther seem like an impending hillbilly clusterfuck ala the Mortons, so... :popcorn2:

You talked about what all the Bates adult kids are up to, but it’s hard to compare them to the Duggars now that so many of the Duggar sons and their families are social media silent. John David, Joe, Josiah and Justin stay out of the limelight in a range from never on social media to seldom on social media. So who knows what they’re up to and how they’re supporting themselves and their families. I assume they’re all working doing something. Jed has a business and had the gumption/hubris to run for public office. I’m sure he’ll try again. Jeremiah seems to work too.

The four married daughters are all somewhat to very active with their influencing just like the Bates daughters. Three of them are married to educated men and Austin seems to work hard. 

I doubt the Bates kids think they’re “better” than the Duggars.  I just don’t see the ages and genders of the unmarried kids matching up very well. I think the Duggars do have more family money than the Bateses so the Duggars might not need to hustle quite as much.

• Upvote 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unpinned this topic