IGNORED

Unmarried Fundies 11: Searching for that 90 Day Fiancé

Bethella

1 hour ago, JMO said:

It's officially penguin mating season. I'm hoping for a triple wedding. 

I want a 7 brides for 7 brothers wedding. 

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 14
  • I Agree 2

2 Maxwell Daughters

3 Arndt Sons

1 Botkinette

Has anyone else checked the sky for flying pigs?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 18

On 11/29/2022 at 9:44 PM, RebeccaRay said:

Elizabeth Kingery is in a relationship with Caleb Henderson 

Who are they?

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, Bethella said:

Who are they?

One of the Kingery daughters married Matthias Wissmann. They have 6 daughters and 2 sons. They have a singing group and dad used to play pro baseball.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

13 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

One of the Kingery daughters married Matthias Wissmann. They have 6 daughters and 2 sons. They have a singing group and dad used to play pro baseball.

Mike Kingery is their dad? I remember him! Didn't know about the religious beliefs. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Mike Kingery is their dad? I remember him! Didn't know about the religious beliefs. 

Yes. They got married young and started having kids while he was playing baseball. They are fundie homeschoolers but I think the boys were allowed to play baseball when they were teens. Of course they never played major league. Not like dad. 

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a thread that just talks about failed courtships in Fundyland? I know there are some families that experienced this but generally they wipe away all evidence of such. I could just read through all the family threads but that seems like a monstrous undertaking. If someone knows of one or would be willing to start one, I would happily send food from the good Olive Garden your way! 

• Upvote 2

We only have a divorce thread. If a person did a failed courtship thread, they would probably have to go through all the unmarried fundies thread to find the broken courtships. I call not it! 😝

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

We only have a divorce thread. If a person did a failed courtship thread, they would probably have to go through all the unmarried fundies thread to find the broken courtships. I call not it! 😝

@jegfile if you're looking for spicy broken courtship tea/ISB, there's solid circumstantial evidence that Stephen Wissman's had at least two with notable fundy maidens -Chelsy Bontrager-Maxwell, and Jana Duggar. There may be others (he's 29), but that says he's attracting "well bred" girls, but it's not working, which... Chelsy married into the Maxwell, while Jana is a Duggar, so I'd be very curious about other potential ISB-isms regarding why they didn't work.

Both Chelsy and Jana are pretty seemingly hard-headed, and yet their reputations match that, so... Did he think he could break their spirits, does he genuinely like spirited girls and it just didn't work for whatever reason. Lots of intrigue.

I know the Duggar/Bates broken courtships, including the ones we've speculated about, but beyond that others will have to fill in the gaps. I will create the spreadsheet though, if people want.

I'm thinking columns being male, female, rough timeframe, our ISB potential cause, and then now-respective spouses (if applicable). It's probably reading way too much into it, but it would be interesting to see if there's any personality similarities between those they've allegedly courted and/or now married.

I also wonder if Katie Morton has sworn off of men (no one would blame her) or if the Mortons will try and re-match her. She turns 40 this year and so the blessing factory is likely now closed, but there can be merit to companionship. "Can be" because we know she's not ending up with any type of winner (after all, it's Mortonville) but the bar for "better than her ex" is in hell, so... He'll likely at least be better than that.

• Upvote 16

On 1/1/2023 at 5:32 AM, CaptainFunderpants said:

@jegfile if you're looking for spicy broken courtship tea/ISB, there's solid circumstantial evidence that Stephen Wissman's had at least two with notable fundy maidens -Chelsy Bontrager-Maxwell, and Jana Duggar. There may be others (he's 29), but that says he's attracting "well bred" girls, but it's not working, which... Chelsy married into the Maxwell, while Jana is a Duggar, so I'd be very curious about other potential ISB-isms regarding why they didn't work.

Thank you for this information! I was unaware of the Wissmans so that was a terrific rabbit hole to jump down last night!

I seem to remember a couple of Maxwell failed courtships but I know they scrubbed their blog afterward and I can't remember who it was. What prompted my question was someone bringing up a "Marjory" in relationship to Josiah Duggar and then I started searching for others. Is it true that Nurie had a broken courtship with a dentist?

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, jegfile said:

Thank you for this information! I was unaware of the Wissmans so that was a terrific rabbit hole to jump down last night!

I seem to remember a couple of Maxwell failed courtships but I know they scrubbed their blog afterward and I can't remember who it was. What prompted my question was someone bringing up a "Marjory" in relationship to Josiah Duggar and then I started searching for others. Is it true that Nurie had a broken courtship with a dentist?

Nurie: she did have a guy she was getting to know. He must’ve asked not to be named or pictured because Jill never revealed who he was. It didn’t last that long and they must’ve broken it off. Someone claimed they private messages with Jill and she’s said Nurie’s special friend was a dental student. That’s about all that the person seemed to know. 

Both Allison and Chelsy mentioned failed relationships but the guys were never named. Typically the Bontragers do not announce relationships on the blog until engagement. 

Joe Maxwell was going to marry a young woman but she broke it off not long before the wedding. She’s married with kids and he obviously is as well. I can’t seem to remember the other broken courtship but I’m sure someone else can.

• Upvote 4

I have a list of failed Courtships:

Marjorie Jackson / Josiah Duggar 4/6/15 – Ended 7/2015 – Josiah Duggar married Lauren Swanson 6/30/18

Hannah Paine (23) / Dan Imondi 9/2015 – Ended – Hannah Paine married Levi Pelletier 8/11/18, Dan Imondi married Cassandra Silvers 6/9/18

Ashley Salyer/Nathan Bates 12/2015 Ended – Ashley married Eric Hoover 8/8/20, Nathan married Esther Keyes 10/22/21

Chaney Kahle / Trace Bates 5/12/19 – Ended 1/2020. Trace married Lydia Romeike 10/1/22

And broken engagements:

Bethany Yuck / Jonathan Girotti 10/2014 – Bethany Yuck married Spencer Johnson 1/20/17

Jessica Boyer / Levi Sherman 12/31/15 – Jessica married Chris Stitt 8/16/19

Sarah Reith / Caleb Kennedy 7/26/16 (12/2/17)  – Sarah Reith married David Noland 4/13/19                                             Sarah also had a broken courtship with Zach Bates prior to her engagement to Caleb.

Lindsay Reith / Thomas Pangle (11/30/19) she called it off – Lindsay married Aaron Killingsworth 9/21/21

Lauren Caldwell / Titus Hall 10/15/20 (6/18/21) called off – Titus married Jennifer Damron 8/2/22

Susannah Richardson / Josh Carrier (4/22/22) called off

Edited by justmy2cents
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 9
  • Love 1

One weird broken engagement. Sarah Mally’s younger sister Grace was with a guy for awhile and I believe they were even engaged. But suddenly they were broken up. I think a year passed before they were engaged again! They got married and have a child but I’m so curious as what broke them up in the first place. And how they figured that problem out before getting engaged again. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

4 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

One weird broken engagement. Sarah Mally’s younger sister Grace was with a guy for awhile and I believe they were even engaged. But suddenly they were broken up. I think a year passed before they were engaged again! They got married and have a child but I’m so curious as what broke them up in the first place. And how they figured that problem out before getting engaged again. 

I had them on the list but took them off when they married. I should have left them on for the record.

I thought Chelsy's failed courtship was with Matthias Wissmann. How do we know it was Stephen?

As for the S'Mortons, who are basically the only family I follow at this point:

Campbell Roberts had a failed pre-courtship with Trace Bates and dated a guy named Hugh Morris (a Lane cousin, incidentally) before rebounding with John Morton. I don't recall the dates exactly.

Adeline Morton and Michael Holloway might have had the same situation as Grace Mally and her husband; he vanished from her social media after August 2019 and then popped up again in July 2020 when they got engaged.

I think Katie's sworn off men. She has family all around to help her with the kids and her experience with Predator was horrible from the start.

• Upvote 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unpinned this topic