IGNORED

Unmarried Fundies 11: Searching for that 90 Day Fiancé

Bethella

The common age gap (older female) in fundie marriages doesn't surprise me at all, and it comes from girls being on the marriage market for longer on average.

Boys start actively looking for a wife from the time their hormones flare up while girls cannot act as pursuants. Girls are protected from relationships a lot more closely as their parents act as gatekeepers, while the brothers are free to marry basically any Christian girl of their choosing*. Any boy who marries outside the circle is one less match for the "protected" girls. 

Older SAHDs who finally find a match seem to either break out of the circle (Sarah Maxwell) or settle for someone in their circle that they had probably overlooked before (Liz Botkin, Esther Staddon, Jessica Neely). 

*ETA: Unless you're an Arndt, in which case you're free to marry no one but a reincarnation of your mother

Edited by usedbicycle
  • Upvote 12
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 3

On 8/13/2022 at 11:38 AM, MaryOrMartha said:

The kiss was so awkward! 

Horribly awkward! I'd love to know what she was saying as she kept brushing the back/side of her dress. Did he pin her arm back and hurt her? Did she want the train of her dress fluffed out for the photo op? She clearly wanted a quick peck and he wanted something more lingering and heartfelt. How sad they did not talk through that beforehand.

• Upvote 6

We sort of talk about the Shaws here on FJ. They are the ones with a family band in Brentwood Tennessee. They know the Bateses. Last year 2 sisters married 2 Crevier brothers. The family that is part of the traveling unicycling basketball dribbling family for Jesus. Well now the oldest sister (Macy Shaw) is dating a guy named Jeff Seraphine. He works for Turning Point USA. Which is insanely barf worthy. 

• Thank You 3

Hannah Girotti and Christopher F are getting married Saturday September 3.  Don't think there will be a livestream but hopefully the family blog will update shortly after.  This has sure been a year for older fundie couples.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

On 8/31/2022 at 11:29 AM, petrushka said:

Hannah Girotti and Christopher F are getting married Saturday September 3.  Don't think there will be a livestream but hopefully the family blog will update shortly after.  This has sure been a year for older fundie couples.

I need Mother Deb to update ASAP.  I think Hannah is very pretty and wish her the best.  

What did Kerri wear?

Did Christian  Slater send a gift?

what did Hannah’s dress look like?

Hannah seems less rigid than Sister Sarah and I wish she would continue making her soaps!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, illegalpets said:

I need Mother Deb to update ASAP.  I think Hannah is very pretty and wish her the best.  

What did Kerri wear?

Hannah seems less rigid than Sister Sarah and I wish she would continue making her soaps!

There are some wedding photos on the blog. https://girottifamily.typepad.com/mountain_musings/

• Upvote 1

On 8/31/2022 at 11:29 AM, petrushka said:

What did Kerri wear?

Sneaky Deb  snuck those in while I was working!  I like Hannah’s dress and they all look nice but I wanted to see Kerri and Micah (and Christian Slater!)

On 7/20/2022 at 2:12 AM, Mari2 said:

She really did go from being a young teenager to pregnant wife very quickly.  According to voting records, her husband is 32.  They married last August.

How old is she? My first thought on the pic was “she looks about 14!” but some people have young faces.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Eleonore Peyrac said:

Abbie Camuso birthdate is 7-22-2001. She was 20 when she married...

That’s young. Of course my mom and my sister got married at that age. But baby faces have never run in my family. So they actually look much older in their wedding pictures. 

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

David Stelzl jr. got engaged to Dana French. 

His parents got divorced and his father remarried 1 year ago.

What's interesting they don't look fundie anymore. Except the mother and Sarah.

David and Dana live pretty mainstream life as I can tell following his insta. Really nice change I must admit.

Bethany is a police officer. Younger boys seem to hang out with Sarah and her husband pretty osten so I guess they live with their mother.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

I bet there were some fundies that were invited to both the Bates wedding and the Salyer wedding yesterday and had to choose which to attend. We know the Bateses and Salyers have some friends in common. 

• Upvote 7

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I bet there were some fundies that were invited to both the Bates wedding and the Salyer wedding yesterday and had to choose which to attend. We know the Bateses and Salyers have some friends in common. 

Ok I just noticed Logan Smith was a groomsman. His girlfriend is a Haight and I saw the Haight girls were at Stasia Salyer’s wedding. So yes, some had to choose which to attend. 

• Upvote 5

On 9/6/2022 at 2:08 PM, illegalpets said:

Wait, what is this about Christian Slater and the Girottis?!? 

16 minutes ago, darkplumaged said:

Wait, what is this about Christian Slater and the Girottis?!? 

I think the oldest Girotti son is a doctor and he’s married to a woman who definitely isn’t fundie. That woman’s sister is married to Christian Slater. So he’s technically not a family member to anyone but the oldest son. He’s his brother in law. 

• Upvote 8

Esther brother Andrew Keyes married his long time girlfriend Andrea Sensing this past Sunday. 

Charity Linzey is in a relationship with Matthew Walcott.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 5

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, sleepygirl1 said:

Nathaniel Wissmann and Katrina got married.

Wissmanns are very quiet about it. Nothing on insta yet. Only Nate posted one pic in stories...🤔 time difference matters maybe, it's 4 p.m. here. Let's wait

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, fish_ca said:

Wissmanns are very quiet about it. Nothing on insta yet. Only Nate posted one pic in stories...🤔 time difference matters maybe, it's 4 p.m. here. Let's wait

I’m betting they are waiting for them to give the go ahead. The Wissmanns love posting perfect family pictures on Instagram to show how perfect their big family is. 

• Upvote 6

She wore a backless dress. Orange was a major color for the wedding. Gray too.

430932D1-0A04-4E2A-884F-5AD0BFDD55DB.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unpinned this topic