IGNORED

Theobros, Patriarchs, Dominionists, Christofascists et al.

Howl

More from creepy, scary Sean Feucht being explicit about the end goal Christian Nationalism taking over the US for Jesus.  

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

Also, Feucht is NAR = New Apostolic Reformation.  We should all be very very afraid of NAR:  

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

Is Steve Crowder a theobro? He's currently all over my timeline. He's mad his wife was able to get a divorce. 

2 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Is Steve Crowder a theobro? He's currently all over my timeline. He's mad his wife was able to get a divorce. 

I think so. If not, he certainly markets himself to them. 

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I found an essay he wrote titled YES I'M A CHRISTIAN. YES, I CARRY A GUN. NO, IT'S NOT 'HYPOCRITICAL'... where he quotes biblical passages to explain how Jesus isn't some hippie peace freak, and "violence can be virtuous."  

If you define a theobro as someone who proselytizes their particular flavor of Christianity and thinks the whole world should live by their rules, then Crowder's a theobro. I bet the soon-to-be ex-Mrs. Crowder has stories to tell. 

• Upvote 8

38 minutes ago, shesinsane said:

I bet the soon-to-be ex-Mrs. Hilary Crowder has stories to tell. 

Oh, yes, and she has the support of her family.  This Media-ite article spills some major tea with a tweet with an embedded you tube of a snip of a conversation between Crowder and Hillary:  ‘F*cking Watch It’: Steven Crowder Caught on Tape Berating Pregnant Wife Months Before ‘Horrendous Divorce’.  

Statement from Hilary's family: 

Hilary is currently living alone in Dallas, apart from her family and support system in Michigan, and is focused on taking care of her young children. She is not prepared at this time to speak about her divorce becoming public or the misleading statements made by Steven about their relationship.

The truth is that Hilary spent years hiding Steven’s mentally and emotionally abusive behavior from her friends and family while she attempted to save their marriage. She was the one who was asking to work on their relationship to keep the marriage intact for their unborn children.

In June of 2021, Steven left their home to pursue elective surgery. Hilary urged him to get the help he needed to address his abuse with the hope that their marriage could be saved and they could peacefully live together as a family. Instead, Steven refused to do so and chose not to be with his wife during the birth of their twin children. After the birth, Steven bought a townhouse and left their home permanently. Hilary was unaware that Steven had hired a divorce attorney and asked his assistant to cut Hilary off financially. There is significant documentation substantiating these facts.

We hope that Steven will cease speaking publicly about these personal matters in an untruthful manner. We also look forward to there being full transparency in the legal process so there is fairness and accountability for the actions that caused the divorce, and to ensure the outcome is what is in the best interests of the young children.

This is such a weird sentence: In June of 2021, Steven left their home to pursue elective surgery.   What does it mean to "pursue elective surgery"? 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 5

The truth is that Hilary spent years hiding Steven’s mentally and emotionally abusive behavior from her friends and family while she attempted to save their marriage. She was the one who was asking to work on their relationship to keep the marriage intact for their unborn children.

Sadly, this is so common: Abuse victims are always the ones to feel ashamed, never the abusers.

1 hour ago, noseybutt said:

Nose job? Penile implants?

He apparently had some congenital malformation of the chest & rib cage that can require surgery for treatment.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 5

• 1 month later...

Brynn Tannehill thread for the win on why Christian Nationalism is dominating (unroll of Brynn'sTwitter thread here

• Thank You 7

5 hours ago, Howl said:

Brynn Tannehill thread for the win on why Christian Nationalism is dominating (unroll of Brynn'sTwitter thread here

Thank you so much for posting this! Everyone should read this, especially Catholics.

• I Agree 1

This article is an in-depth look at NAR (New Apostolic Revolution) that intends to fold all denominations under its umbrella - but it's the opposite of interdenominational.  Their vision is for everyone to adhere to their beliefs. 

"Unfriending" America: The Christian right is coming for the enemies of God — like you and me

Rising far-right Christian movement linked to GOP calls for "kingdom revolution" led by an "army of believers"

What's truly terrifying is that these people are well on their way to realizing  their vision. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 5

• 2 weeks later...

Shiela Gregoire and her husband have been going through the Danvers Statement (some CBMW nonsense) for the past month, and I think this particular week's post is an excellent example of the notion that abuse (or in this case submission to the point of servility) is not necessarily a bad thing, just too much of a good thing. And, of course, it includes some of John Piper's and Emerson Eggerich's nonsense for good measure.

Spoiler

But I dare say that what Eggerichs is proposing here would never be considered the error of servility by those who follows the Danvers Statement, which makes me wonder –  

WHAT WOULD SERVILITY ACTUALLY LOOK LIKE TO THEM?

I mean if the above illustration is the “golden mean” what does the extreme of servility look like? It must be terrible indeed and yet I have never seen one sermon on how to avoid this hideous monstrosity.

In the end, the only concrete examples of the error of “too much submission” I have ever heard talked about are prohibitions of a wife following her husband into sin. Eggerichs himself told the story of Ananias and Sapphira in his sermons at Houston’s First Baptist back in 2019.

Enraged that people suggested he ever taught that a woman should follow her husband into sin and riled up with preaching fervor, he tells about how Sapphira was not given a pass for being submissive but was killed along with her husband because “there are boundaries!”

Coming from the man who wrote an entire chapter in Love & Respect teaching women to value their husband’s “Insight” over their own “Intuition”, I find this a bit hard to swallow.

I have no time for men who preach women must give up their autonomy to their husbands completely, but not so completely as to sin, without seeing the obvious non sequitur.

Yet somehow they seem to be able with a complete absence of irony to insist that since women are more easily deceived they should listen to their husbands – unless of course their husbands are leading them into sin in which case they should know better.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 5

Damn. 

Easily, the best, clearest, most concise statement on how Christian Nationalists/Christofascists believe  authoritarianism can be made redemptive under the umbrella of Christianity.  (TL;DR: it can't)

Jared Stacy is an ABD doctoral candidate  at Aberdeen Univ. Divinity in Scotland.  He focuses on Ethics: Conspiracy Theory, Christianity, Politics

Unrolli of the whole cannoli right HERE

To get you fired up, a snip:

"When Christians imagine authoritarianism, it’s 'redemptive'—but when Christians imagine authoritarianism under non-Christians…
Then the persecution complex fires up and generates a host of conspiracy theories about imminent violence against Xians in America.  

More than democracy is in crisis [when] Christians continue to be a people who cannot find a measure of shared humanity with other people."

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 7

“Narcissism” is thrown around a lot these days. Having deep-dived into the subject, however, I see a chicken & egg situation here.

Abuse of Scripture leads men with sn inclination to self-absorption, etc., to consider themselves blameless.

Men who consider themselves blameless and superior continue to teach an abusive interpretation of Scripture.

I weep for my religion.  But there’s  always hope: In this case it’s people like the Gregoires, and us here on FJ. Fight on. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Shannon Bonne, ex-wife of Josh (I Kissed Dating Goodbye) Harris, has a memoir coming out in August.

She does not focus on their marriage but apparently has a lot to say about the cult formerly known as Sovereign Grace Ministries.

Can't wait; have been eager to read this one since I heard she was writing it.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

• 2 weeks later...

image.png.5f057820069248876ffbd00c4b637cbb.png

In which Doug Wilson's fan boys throw complementarianism under the bus in favor of true patriarchalism.

I wouldn't touch either party with a 10 foot pole, but it is a pretty funny to see CBMW be smeared as liberal Marxists. Now to see how long it takes for CBMW to just give up, follow the money, and go full patriarchy. It's additionally amusing because anyone who actually read Jesus and John Wayne and took some of its concerns to heart could have seen this coming a mile away. It's too bad they just whined about it instead. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

7 hours ago, Columbia said:

In which Doug Wilson's fan boys throw complementarianism under the bus in favor of true patriarchalism.

Another case of assholes getting into fights with other assholes but I bet CMBW is feeling this right about now:

LeopardsEatingFaces.thumb.png.972eaba26e29422da15417b32a21625e.png

• Upvote 6

19 hours ago, Columbia said:

image.png.5f057820069248876ffbd00c4b637cbb.png

Can't find the tweet but some wag on Twitter said that there are more beards than brain cells in that photo!

• Haha 10

On 6/29/2023 at 11:24 AM, hoipolloi said:

Shannon Bonne, ex-wife of Josh (I Kissed Dating Goodbye) Harris, has a memoir coming out in August.

She does not focus on their marriage but apparently has a lot to say about the cult formerly known as Sovereign Grace Ministries.

Her CD collection "had been thrown in the trash"? Interesting use of the passive voice, right there.

1 hour ago, hoipolloi said:

Can't find the tweet but some wag on Twitter said that there are more beards than brain cells in that photo!

Thank you for sending me on the search, @hoipolloi. I needed to laugh today.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

Do we have a thread yet on the couple shown in the Duggar documentary? They were super hip and had some vlog. (too lazy--rather Covid brain making me not want to look)

4 hours ago, FilleMondaine said:

Do we have a thread yet on the couple shown in the Duggar documentary? They were super hip and had some vlog. (too lazy--rather Covid brain making me not want to look)

You mean Paul and Morgan Olliges, the ones who appeared in the documentary and are now claiming it's anti-Christian

I search Free Jinger for "olliges" and only found 4 posts, including one asking if they have their own thread on FJ. 😄

• Thank You 1

6 hours ago, shesinsane said:

You mean Paul and Morgan Olliges, the ones who appeared in the documentary and are now claiming it's anti-Christian

I search Free Jinger for "olliges" and only found 4 posts, including one asking if they have their own thread on FJ. 😄

If it is Paul and Morgan Olliges, there's lots of posts about them on Reddit at r/FundieSnarkUncensored. They're quite the pair in the worst possible sense. Their pretty exteriors hide a lot of internal ugliness. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2