IGNORED

Theobros, Patriarchs, Dominionists, Christofascists et al.

Howl

13 hours ago, Antipatriarch said:

But: No apology to the specific groups that article hurt. (Plenty of mention though of how much they love and want to care for their dear brother the author.) Julie Roys has an article up with a good sampling of the feedback from many women who immediately spotted what the TGCers clearly didn't. My favorite:

I followed the link to the Julie Roys article, which led to a Twitter thread by Sheila Gregoire. Gregoire noted that another very problematic position taken in this book is on the subject of sex work.927348858_Screenshot2023-03-08at3_28_27pm.thumb.png.544b807a6b446f081621e9c0af3e1e27.png

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

I think this is the right place for this.  It's a conference on how to teach children Christian revisionist history. 

The Man God Centered History Summit: Teach Your Kids to Not Forget

Kevin Swanson, Michael Farris, Eric Metaxas and Doug Wilson are part of the stellar lineup, along with so many others. 

Register now for the God-Centered History Summit (April 3-7, 2023), and prepare to:

• experience history like never before with almost-lost stories of God’s work throughout time
  • reinvent how you teach history with a God-centered view

• WTF 1
  • Thank You 4

5 minutes ago, Howl said:

Kevin Swanson, Michael Farris, Eric Metaxas and Doug Wilson are part of the stellar lineup, along with so many others. 

So is Bill Potter. With Swanson and Ferris, it almost looks like the start of a VF old home week -- where are Dougie, Scotty Brown & Geoff Botkin?

• Upvote 2

Gah,  the strike through on "Man" didn't port on my original post. The title is The Man God Centered History Summit: Teach Your Kids to Not Forget   

God-Centered History Summit might need a hyphen as a unit modifier; but not sure.  Can grammarians confirm? 

13 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

where are Dougie, Scotty Brown & Geoff Botkin?

Geoff may no longer be eligible, now that a penis-holding sprout has disavowed some of Geoff's fave talking points. Worse, said sprout listens to his wife, whom he considers an equal.  Someone might ask him to explain how that happened (demon-possessed helpmeet, obvs!). 

Alternately, Geoff may be super busy TikTokking and writing letters to Trump offering advice and sympathizing on the Stolen Election. 

Or, third alternative: Geoff is too much of a whack-a-doo wing-nut outlier for this lot, although that would be hard to believe. 

Doug is off the reservation and hasn't repented. 

Scottie B? Who knows!  He's busy being a grandfather to umpteen grandkids -- I'd really like to know  how many Kelly is up to with the Spouse #2.  

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 6

3 hours ago, Howl said:

Gah,  the strike through on "Man" didn't port on my original post. The title is The Man God Centered History Summit: Teach Your Kids to Not Forget 

They all think that they're Man-Gods anyways, so not much lost there.

It looks like Logan Wilson is "performing" as well. Have we ever discussed the Wilson family? They're the ones who ran the big Purity Ball in Colorado Springs for probably a decade or so. There were a few documentaries made about them. Logan, the youngest son, started a "School of Honor" in which he dresses up like historical characters and gives presentations to young boys. It has strong Doug Phillips Dress Up vibes; he probably would have loved VF parties, if the family ever attended them.

Someone ought to tell Mr. Honor and Valor about Doug Wilson and Steven Sitler and see how far Logan's "honor" goes. Probably about as far as a paycheck.

• Upvote 6
  • Disgust 1
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 1

On 3/5/2023 at 2:15 AM, neuroticcat said:

And women are the  temples who welcome it into the warm Most Holy Place (no lie).

At least there isn't an "i" in "Most."

Ducking and running . . .

• Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 10

23 hours ago, Howl said:

Geoff may no longer be eligible, now that a penis-holding sprout has disavowed some of Geoff's fave talking points. Worse, said sprout listens to his wife, whom he considers an equal.

Yes. That marriage does not seem to be following the 200-year plan! Husband & wife are both working, wife is a dedicated marathoner, and after a couple of years there are still no progeny in sight.

19 hours ago, Columbia said:

Logan, the youngest son, started a "School of Honor" in which he dresses up like historical characters and gives presentations to young boys. It has strong Doug Phillips Dress Up vibes; he probably would have loved VF parties, if the family ever attended them.

Sounds like he’s cashing in on the same fake history shit that Bill Potter and Little Bear Wheeler before him foisted on the ever-gullible fundie homeschooling crowd.

Proof of the sayings that there is nothing new under the sun and that there’s a sucker born every minute when it comes to fundie cons.

• Upvote 6

• 2 weeks later...

Sheila Gregoire  (The Great Sex Rescue: The Lies You've Been Taught and How to Recover What God Intended) highly recommends this post by Rebeka Mui.  Josh Butler (hospitality sex!)  and Doug Wilson are referenced, among others, with a discussion of the ultimate in patriarchy, i.e., Roman phallocentrism!  

Complementarian Sexual “Asymmetry”: Why Denny Burk doesn’t like “The Great Sex Rescue”

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 5

• 3 weeks later...

Joe Rigney, one of Doug Wilson's lackies, and the former president of John Piper's Bethlehem College and Seminary has resigned/been terminated and jumped ship to New Saint Andrew's. This is the same guy under whose leadership there was a mass exodus of students and staff with allegations of heavy-handed and spiritually abusive behavior. This is also the guy who coined the new Calvinist "empathy is a sin" craze. 

Surprisingly, Bethlehem citied his Christian Nationalist teachings as one of the reasons they're parting ways. I think that the college may be a few years too late on that.

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 1
  • Thank You 5

When I saw the announcement that Rigney was leaving BCS, I thought, "Hm... where could he be going next...? It's a real puzzler..."

Edited by Antipatriarch
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Fallgirl30 said:

Hopefully I’m posting this under the right topic, it’s about James Macdonald

https://julieroys.com/megachurch-pastor-james-macdonald-charged-assault-attack-woman/

Am I correct in remembering that James Macdonald is a physically imposing guy? 

Whichever, I hope this ultimately puts James Macdonald in prison.  He hit a 59-year-old woman's car while trying to park his truck and he jumped out of his truck and assaulted her when she got out to check what had happened.  

According to the Julie Roys article linked by @Fallgirl30

"According to a criminal complaint filed by the San Diego County District Attorney’s office, MacDonald faces one charge of assault by means likely to produce great bodily injury and one count of battery with serious bodily injury...The statement said the victim sustained 'serious injuries' and was transported to the hospital."

A post on the Coronado, California  police department facebook page described the incident and noted that witnesses came to the victim's aid and kept Macdonald from leaving.  May there be eyewitnesses who can describe exactly what happened. 

As  he was assaulting this woman, his truck rolled backwards and hit the car parked behind it.  This tells me he was already so enraged as he got out of the truck that he didn't put it in "park" mode. 

I hope for this woman's sake that those serious injuries are not head injuries.  Also hope she sues Macdonald for every penny he owns. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

If I remember correctly, this is the guy who was trying to find a hit man for his son-in-law, and threatened to plant CSAM on someone’s computer at Christianity Today. So this tracks. 

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 2

2 hours ago, Columbia said:

If I remember correctly, this is the guy who was trying to find a hit man for his son-in-law, and threatened to plant CSAM on someone’s computer at Christianity Today. So this tracks. 

Yup, that's the man.  Your basic high profile, evageli-thug, preacher man.

WIKI has a succinct overview here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_MacDonald_(pastor)

• Upvote 3

Todd Wilhelm reports that MacDonald mega leg humper Ryan Visconti + Generation Church swiffered all MacDonald media (mostly sermon videos)  from the church website LAST NIGHT.  

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 1
  • Thank You 5

1 hour ago, Howl said:

Ryan Visconti + Generation Church swiffered all MacDonald media (mostly sermon videos)  from the church website LAST NIGHT.  

SO typical of these assholes. 

Still, never say never -- I wouldn't be surprised to see them back up or his books for sale again by Moody & the SBC. The bit about forgiving seventy times seven seems only to apply to pastors who are criminals.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

Has anyone else seen this pic of MacDonald? The older I get the more I recall my dad’s words "Some people never grow up".

53FA3617-60D6-4563-A858-052010286AB6.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Disgust 1
  • Eyeroll 3

6 hours ago, Howl said:

Todd Wilhelm reports that MacDonald mega leg humper Ryan Visconti + Generation Church swiffered all MacDonald media (mostly sermon videos)  from the church website LAST NIGHT. 

Bunch of cowards. Also, one can make “a big impact in the kingdom of God” for bad as well as for good. I doubt this fawning sycophant thought that through, though. 

• Upvote 5

More Josh Butler critique!  Whoo boy, this woman read Butler's book Beautiful Union and shared her review on GoodReads, so the rest of us are spared this phallus-centric, jizz-a-delic awfulness.  

Josh Butler, who has written his magnum opus about Christian sex and fails to mention the clitoris or the specifics of female anatomy...which, when you think about, is patriarchal sex perfected. 

To get to her 1-star review, just scroll down a bit. Before she gets deep into a chapter by chapter critique, Reize notes:  "Butler operates under the assumption that sexual orgasm and procreation are intricately related. This is very true for biological males – they cannot make life without an orgasm but a female orgasm has nothing to do with procreation – the clitoris plays no role in procreation and so sex must be more than ONLY for procreation (the clitoris has more nerve endings than a penis. Procreation is GREAT and babies are MIRACLES, yes! I just think a book of Christian sexual ethics would mention female pleasure and interact with it theologically. This book fails, entirely, epically, almost violently, to define sex and engage the topic in a responsible way. This book is an ode to male ejaculation in a way that presents Christianity as a fertility religion except where the father impregnates the son who impregnates the church which impregnates the world. Very strange – very awful. Here is my summary...

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 6

Toxic duo:   Driscoll and Feucht

Driscoll:  "BLM demonic counterfeit of real justice"   So much venom, ugliness, cruelty, meanness and lack of compassion/empathy packed into that one phrase.  

• Disgust 2