IGNORED

Seewalds 47: Actions have Consequences; Sponsor Backlash Due to Jessa's Homophobia

HerNameIsBuffy

33 minutes ago, EmmieJ said:

Before we moved our office, the women's restroom for the entire 2nd floor only had two stalls - one for wheelchair users and the other a regular stall.  2 stalls for the entire floor, mostly made up of women!  So I identify with you, in that I used to try to use the bathroom when no one else was in there, but it was often impossible.

As to your request that no one talk to you from another stall -- reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Elaine asks for some toilet paper from the next stall, and was told that her neighbor "didn't have a square to spare."

Ha - that's the one exception to the no talking rule.  if someone didn't check and finds themselves without paper I'll happily pass some over.  

Weird fact about me, many years ago I was in Massachusetts and a guy there told me I had the exact same accent as Jami Gertz.  Said I didn't sound like her, but the accent was the same.  I didn't know her as a kid, but she and I grew up a few miles apart and went to the same high school for a couple of months.   I remember the cafeteria having a huge banner congratulating her as she just landed a role in Square Pegs.  Which also started a young Sarah Jessica Parker and Tracey Nelson.

A weird bit of trivia about someone I don't know, but I'm still impressed that guy could nail my accent to within a couple of miles in suburban Chicago.

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
  • Upvote 8

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The toilets were child sized in the bathroom near my son’s preschool classroom. The other bathrooms in the building were normal sized. I went to the small bathroom once and tried to use it. I noped on out of there. They were way too low! I felt like I was sitting on the ground. 

My son's daycare had a wee little urinal too. I miss the days when he thought peeing sitting down was the way to go...

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

@SorenaJ I got one of those and a mason jar as a gag gift for one of my bff's who has epically long zoom meetings and always has to pee. 🤣 (She did *not* utilize my gift).

• Haha 1

On 2/17/2022 at 11:22 AM, Bobology said:

For a great deal of my adulthood I've had a recurring theme type of dream where I'm in public and cannot find an available toilet. Sometimes they are all in use or sometimes they may all be filled to the brim with sewage. Sometimes there will be a labyrinth of stalls but something is wrong with each toilet or else they are all in the open. Every single time I wake up and sure enough, I need to get up and go to the bathroom. My need to go will cause the dream, I guess. Once in a while my dream has me in a meeting and sitting on a toilet with my pants down trying to go. I'll be the only one in the room like that, kind of like the ubiquitous naked-in-the-grocery-store (or wherever) dream.

Please someone tell me they have similar dreams. Please?

I have this dream quite frequently. The weird thing is that no one else seems to notice. Once, I dreamed that I was visiting my sister at the school where she taught and I had to pee so bad, but couldn't find a bathroom., so I just peed all over the gym floor, right in front of her teacher friends. No one seemed bothered, but I was mortified and actually called my sister the next day to apologize.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

I worked in an elementary preschool. We had an easy going custodian with whom I had a good working relationship. He came up to me one day and said he found poop in one of the boys’ restroom urinals. He wanted to know if I thought it might be one of our three year old preschool boys. We did not have any trouble makers in our class at the time, so I said I couldn’t imagine any of them doing it. A week later, the same thing happened. The custodian was unhappy. Again, I told him I was certain it could not be one of the preschoolers. So the custodian enlisted a teacher to help solve the mystery and sure enough, a quiet little preschool boy was caught in the act. Only he wasn’t doing it on purpose. He lived with his young, single parent mother who’d never taken him in to a boy’s restroom. He actually thought the urinal was where he was supposed to “go”. 

• Love 6

7 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

We’re still on this? I had to pee at Goodwill today. I blame this thread drift.

If Jessa and Ben ever read here, it must hurt to know we find poop tales and toilet dreams more interesting than them!

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 3

I often have a dream where I am in the locker room/changing room at a swimming pool, and I have to pee, and all the toilets are pee and poop soiled, and completely wet, and I can't find anywhere clean to pee, so I have to just choose the cleanest place. I hate that dream.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

On 2/17/2022 at 11:22 AM, Bobology said:

For a great deal of my adulthood I've had a recurring theme type of dream where I'm in public and cannot find an available toilet. Sometimes they are all in use or sometimes they may all be filled to the brim with sewage. Sometimes there will be a labyrinth of stalls but something is wrong with each toilet or else they are all in the open. Every single time I wake up and sure enough, I need to get up and go to the bathroom. My need to go will cause the dream, I guess. Once in a while my dream has me in a meeting and sitting on a toilet with my pants down trying to go. I'll be the only one in the room like that, kind of like the ubiquitous naked-in-the-grocery-store (or wherever) dream.

Please someone tell me they have similar dreams. Please?

My most common stress dream is one in which I have to poop, so I go into the bathroom, and then I can’t stop pooping. I go to get up, and there’s just more poop.

It’s a very clever metaphor by my brain, because typically I have it at times when I’m dealing with way too much....shit in my life, figuratively.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1

On 2/18/2022 at 2:26 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

The toilets were child sized in the bathroom near my son’s preschool classroom. The other bathrooms in the building were normal sized. I went to the small bathroom once and tried to use it. I noped on out of there. They were way too low! I felt like I was sitting on the ground. 

Growing up, my church had a bathroom that had very small stalls with very low seats, originally designed for the nearby nursery rooms. You could always tell if the person in the next stall was new or not paying attention by the sudden yelp when they tried to sit! 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 7

On 2/18/2022 at 5:31 PM, Cam said:

I worked in an elementary preschool. We had an easy going custodian with whom I had a good working relationship. He came up to me one day and said he found poop in one of the boys’ restroom urinals. He wanted to know if I thought it might be one of our three year old preschool boys. We did not have any trouble makers in our class at the time, so I said I couldn’t imagine any of them doing it. A week later, the same thing happened. The custodian was unhappy. Again, I told him I was certain it could not be one of the preschoolers. So the custodian enlisted a teacher to help solve the mystery and sure enough, a quiet little preschool boy was caught in the act. Only he wasn’t doing it on purpose. He lived with his young, single parent mother who’d never taken him in to a boy’s restroom. He actually thought the urinal was where he was supposed to “go”. 

I work at an elementary school too but at my school pool in the urinal doesn’t even phase our custodians, that is just a regular occurrence and is easier to clean than the vandalism. 😞

On 2/18/2022 at 4:06 PM, Meggo said:

My son's daycare had a wee little urinal too. I miss the days when he thought peeing sitting down was the way to go...

That is definitely one of the benefits of my little guy not going to daycare because of the pandamnit. We’ve done all of the potty training (but he’s been very easy so far), and sitting is the only way to go!

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Rowan said:

That is definitely one of the benefits of my little guy not going to daycare because of the pandamnit. We’ve done all of the potty training (but he’s been very easy so far), and sitting is the only way to go!

He didn’t realize he could pee standing up till he saw a buddy pee against a tree one day and it was game on for him! (It wasn’t at daycare- and he is still way too short for most urinals…)

2 hours ago, Rowan said:

Did you mean to call it the pandamnit? Because OMG YES

• Upvote 8

Grand Wolf  proudly announced that he was a standing up boy now, not a sitting down boy. He was about 3 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • Love 5

I dream often  that I have to pee and cannot find a toilet. I always wake up and realize  I need to go to the toilet in reality. I hope that one time I will be able to realize in my dream that I really need to go to the toilet and that the solution is to wake up and not to walk around in the dream world without finding a toilet. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

On 2/17/2022 at 1:11 PM, medimus said:

In infant schools (age 2.5-6, part of primary school) in Belgium communal (tiny) toilets are common so that the teacher can keep an eye as needed. Like this:

image.png.e3f24eb6b1cd804c637c0d62cd30ab62.png

or this: image.png.9e4fb16eff2fc20cfd29de3769f87ead.png

We teach young children that their bodies are their own then have them pee in communal bathrooms?  I would have walked all the way home if my nursery had done this. Very problematic to me. 

• Upvote 5

10 hours ago, Meggo said:

Did you mean to call it the pandamnit? Because OMG YES

I saw something posted about 1.5 years ago that their preschooler called it that. I have used that word ever since because it is 1000% truth! 

Neighbors growing up were very into hiking and being outside. They has two little boys (much younger than me). I will never forget visiting my mom and hearing the dad yell “you don’t pee in the front yard, you pee in the BACK yard!” Always makes me smile.

(And no judgment from me on the outside part, I’ve done trips to Namibia and Kenya and “bush toilet” is matter of fact pretty quickly!)

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Gobsmacked said:

We teach young children that their bodies are their own then have them pee in communal bathrooms?  I would have walked all the way home if my nursery had done this. Very problematic to me. 

Interesting point. This never occurred to me.

Those bathrooms are for toddlers and preschoolers who (at least occasionally) still need help while using the toilet. So there needs to be some kind of accessibility for the adults who care for them. Locking stalls wouldn't work. How did your nursery solve this?

In my experience younger kids don't care who sees them pee and happily (sometimes all too happily) get naked in front of peers and trusted adults. If they aren't ashamed and don't want privacy how is communal peeing harming them?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

2 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

I find t problematic as well and would have had different arrangements made had my kids schools had this set up.

• I Agree 1

Just now, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I find t problematic as well and would have had different arrangements made had my kids schools had this set up.

The nursery I worked in had stalls with non-locking doors.  The children chose if they wanted to pull the door closed. 
The children made their own choice. A staff member was always present at the main door way in case any help was required. If a child required help another staff member was called in to the bathroom area. If one Adult was required to help a child in a stall, another adult was present in the bathroom.  

• Upvote 9

13 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

The nursery I worked in had stalls with non-locking doors.  The children chose if they wanted to pull the door closed. 
The children made their own choice. A staff member was always present at the main door way in case any help was required. If a child required help another staff member was called in to the bathroom area. If one Adult was required to help a child in a stall, another adult was present in the bathroom.  

Very similar to how ours was as well, although one school had curtains rather than non-locking doors.  Another had single use bathrooms where an adult would be right outside, or go in with from the start if the child requested help.  Both good ways to teach children about their own right to privacy and respecting the privacy of others, while still making sure they have the adult assistance they need until they're completely independent in that area.  

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

11 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Grand Wolf  proudly announced that he was a standing up boy now, not a sitting down boy. He was about 3 

The mens restrooms at our office are marked "sitting" and "standing". 

At the daycare I worked at, there was a tiny toilet next to the regular toilet in the bathroom attached to the baby room - which was ages 6 weeks to over 2 years. If one of the kids was potty training and the parents asked us to, we'd have them sit on the small toilet and try to go when they seemed to need to. One of the workers was with the child (necessarily, can't leave a 2-year-old alone in the bathroom) and the door was often left open to the room during, because you can't leave just one worker alone with ALL the other babies while one is helping a toddler go - the second adult needed to be able to see and hear what was going on. 

I never kept the 3-4 year olds so I'm not sure how that was handled in their class, TBH. 

I could see how communal bathrooms could be problematic for kindergarten age kids, but the ones that were having diapers changed last week? Eh. Doesn't bother me nearly so much. 

• Upvote 5

I remember that in elementary school my friends and I would take turns “guarding the door” of the bathroom stall. In retrospect it seems like one of the silly things that kids do, but it would have made sense if the stall door didn’t lock.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Rowan said:

I saw something posted about 1.5 years ago that their preschooler called it that. I have used that word ever since because it is 1000% truth! 

Neighbors growing up were very into hiking and being outside. They has two little boys (much younger than me). I will never forget visiting my mom and hearing the dad yell “you don’t pee in the front yard, you pee in the BACK yard!” Always makes me smile.

(And no judgment from me on the outside part, I’ve done trips to Namibia and Kenya and “bush toilet” is matter of fact pretty quickly!)

Bush toilet is done extremely ‘severely ‘ quickly!!!!

• I Agree 1

On 2/18/2022 at 1:40 PM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Weird fact about me, many years ago I was in Massachusetts and a guy there told me I had the exact same accent as Jami Gertz.  Said I didn't sound like her, but the accent was the same.  I didn't know her as a kid, but she and I grew up a few miles apart and went to the same high school for a couple of months.   I remember the cafeteria having a huge banner congratulating her as she just landed a role in Square Pegs. 

I worked with a woman who if I remember correctly was her aunt. 

• Upvote 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic