IGNORED

Seewalds 47: Actions have Consequences; Sponsor Backlash Due to Jessa's Homophobia

HerNameIsBuffy

10 minutes ago, Meggo said:

Oh I'm sure he'll figure it out. Eventually. Really - in the grand scheme of things - it's no biggy. 

Now why on earth he insists on taking his shirt off to poop (and then puts it on backwards/inside out - however it came off) - this is still a mystery. every.time. No matter where he is when the mood strikes, home, school, daycare, out at a restaurant... 

He has clearly been watching too much Seinfeld!

• Haha 5

7 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

He has clearly been watching too much Seinfeld!

Everyone ALWAYS says that "oh - like Mr. Castanza?" 
Yep - exactly like that. 
It's funny because he'll come home with his shirt on a different way and I'll just know by looking at him - that he pooped at some point during the day. (he is only almost 9 so.. it's not like I have to monitor this or whatever - but I just know) 

I don't know WHY. I don't know WHY he doesn't care if the shirt is on backwards (with a huge graphic on his back) or inside out - I do wonder how my kid went from a four year ban on shirts with buttons ("because there are button HOLES Momma, I can't wear a shirt with holes") to a kid who regularly has some item of clothing on wrong. And underpants! how are backwards unders even somewhat comfortable?? 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 12
  • Love 2

16 minutes ago, Meggo said:

Yep - exactly like that. 
It's funny because he'll come home with his shirt on a different way and I'll just know by looking at him - that he pooped at some point during the day. (he is only almost 9 so.. it's not like I have to monitor this or whatever - but I just know) 

I don't know WHY. I don't know WHY he doesn't care if the shirt is on backwards (with a huge graphic on his back) or inside out - I do wonder how my kid went from a four year ban on shirts with buttons ("because there are button HOLES Momma, I can't wear a shirt with holes") to a kid who regularly has some item of clothing on wrong. And underpants! how are backwards unders even somewhat comfortable?? 

Idk but that is hilarious and I love your kid from here!

I'll take funny and interesting over easy any day of the week!

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 4

44 minutes ago, Meggo said:

Oh I'm sure he'll figure it out. Eventually. Really - in the grand scheme of things - it's no biggy. 

Now why on earth he insists on taking his shirt off to poop (and then puts it on backwards/inside out - however it came off) - this is still a mystery. every.time. No matter where he is when the mood strikes, home, school, daycare, out at a restaurant... 

I have had two kids do that. Strip down to poo in the complete nude. I don’t get it but one grew out of it and one is still very young, so? 😂 

Edited by neuroticcat
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

19 hours ago, neuroticcat said:

I have had two kids do that. Strip down to poo in the complete nude. I don’t get it but one grew out of it and one is still very young, so? 😂 

I assume he won't be say - 30 and in the office stripping to poop. And if not - well... you're a grown up now so... it's all you. 

19 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Idk but that is hilarious and I love your kid from here!

I'll take funny and interesting over easy any day of the week!

I swear - the things this kid comes up with? It's just hysterical. I post about him on my FB page and people think I'm making it up. He is just soooo funny. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • Love 3

I dated a guy who had to poop naked. He timed his poops accordingly. He was obviously a home pooper. I figured it caused some issues with constipation for waiting too long to poo when he got home. I’ve dealt with gastro issues much of my life so I poop anywhere. I’ve pooped in some gas station bathrooms that would make you want to bathe in bleach. When ya gotta go, ya gotta go. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 6

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I dated a guy who had to poop naked. He timed his poops accordingly. He was obviously a home pooper. I figured it caused some issues with constipation for waiting too long to poo when he got home. I’ve dealt with gastro issues much of my life so I poop anywhere. I’ve pooped in some gas station bathrooms that would make you want to bathe in bleach. When ya gotta go, ya gotta go. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Me too and its not something you can hold in that easy!! 

• Upvote 3

Jessa posted about the Rhea Lana's sale and I noticed the tow of carseats. Is it legal to sell second hand car seats there? You can't do that here. 

18 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

Jessa posted about the Rhea Lana's sale and I noticed the tow of carseats. Is it legal to sell second hand car seats there? You can't do that here. 

I don't know that it's illegal to sell second hand car seats here. I know it isn't recommended bc safety rules change for manufacturers, but illegal?  I doubt it. That  being said, my youngest is 19 so I am not exactly on the cutting edge of baby gear rules.

• Upvote 3

19 hours ago, Expectopatronus said:

How does Rhea Lana compare to Once Upon A Child? We don’t have Rhea Lana where I am. 

Rhea Lana is like a weekend event Once Upon a Child where instead of Rhea Lana paying for the items then selling them, they let people consign their items... so they give their items to Rhea Lana with price tags on them and after the event, you stop by to pick up the unsold items and the money for what you sold. 

• Thank You 5

On 2/10/2022 at 4:08 PM, Meggo said:

Yep - exactly like that. 

OneKid HATED buttons as a toddler. It took her clueless mommy ages to figure it out. Some days she would fight me when I tried to dress her and other days she was fine. Anything with buttons would send her into a fit. When she finally had the language (she was speech delayed) and she yelled at me NO BONTONS. 
Once she said even looking at buttons made her queasy. 

She is 18 now and still doesn’t like them. I always wondered if she had some kind of traumatic experience before I adopted her that buttons remind her of. 

Edited by onekidanddone
  • Upvote 1
  • Love 17

2 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

OneKid HATED buttons as a toddler. It took her clueless mommy ages to figure it out. Some days she would fight me when I tried to dress her and other days she was fine. Anything with buttons would send her into a fit. When she finally had the language (she was speech delayed) and she yelled at me NO BONTONS. 
Once she said even looking at buttons made her queasy. 

She is 18 now and still doesn’t like them. I always wondered if she had some kind of traumatic experience before I adopted her that buttons remind her of. 

I hated buttons as a little kid. I would refuse to wear anything with buttons, because I found them revolting and disgusting. I would really shudder, just thinking about buttons. Strangely, Jeans or other pants (with metal buttons) were ok, somehow. I had a cardigan with a zip which I loved. I continued to wear it even though I had by far outgrown it, because my mother couldn't come up with replacements without buttons.

It stopped, and got less severe, probably around schoolage.

When I spoke to my therapist about it, she said, that it might have been a diversion strategy. When kids grow up in an environment where they cannot express (strong) feelings, because it might be dangerous, or they will be blamed for being sinful (in my case), those strong feelings might find an 'alternative' outlet, something innocuous, like buttons for example. Fear and disgust are strongly linked emotions, since disgust is an instinct to warn us of dangerous things, like poisonous foods etc.

Fun fact: Fear of buttons is Koumpounophobia in medical speak.

Edited by zimona
  • Upvote 8
  • Love 10

Aversion/fear of buttons is not uncommon among children. I think it starts around 2/3 when they figure out how to dress/undress and buttons are still not well manageable for them. Especially because they might have still jumpers with buttons at the back they can’t reach and surprisingly many items with real small buttons and button holes , so they really can’t do it. When they start using the toilet buttons on pants are another challenge on top of it all which might hold them back or make them refuse stuff with buttons.

From what I gathered this often stops around elementary (6-10) when they are capable to deal with all sorts of buttons by themselves.

• Upvote 4

I guess I’m lucky I rarely ever put my kids in anything that buttoned. I personally found them to be a pain in the butt(on) 😛Zippers were always so much easier for me and the kids. The only times they wear button up shirts were special occasions. Other than that, never a button in sight.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

He didn't like ANY buttons. Even ones that you didn't need to button (like on a polo shirt - you don't NEED to button those). He said it was because of the button holes - and he was pretty sure he shouldn't wear clothes with holes (mind, he had a hole in his sweatpants yesterday and didn't care). 
Now I just avoid most buttons. In part because I know bathroom time is still a bit tricky for him - so I'd rather set him for success. Sweat pants all the way! Sometimes MAYBE we might agree to a snap - but I'll always pre warn him. (he's also not super great with fine motor control). 

But he did wear the sweater I made him today - and it has buttons on it. But they're GIANT buttons, going into a knit band (and I'm not the best knitter - so the holes are nice and loose) and the buttons are totally optional. So the button band is starting to leave ... sort of. 

For a while he was so anti-hole, he didn't want to wear SHIRTS because they had neckholes. Buddy - we live in Canada. Togas are NOT optional here most of the year. Thankfully - that didn't stick. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 11
  • Love 5

On 2/9/2022 at 11:51 AM, Meggo said:

I try to make sure my 8 year old is seasonably appropriate. (It's 20F out there - no shorts). But he regularly comes downstairs with some portion of his outfit inside out or backwards. I only mention it when something (like shoes) are "uncomfortable". Well love, when your shoes are on the wrong feet... so if they're a little pinchy - try putting them on the right feet. 

My 8 year old puts his shirts on backwards every single time. He can dress himself but I lay his clothing out for school so he looks appropriete and here he come with his shirts on backwards every morning. I also have to remind him multiple times to put on clean socks. 

On 2/10/2022 at 4:08 PM, Meggo said:

Yep - exactly like that. 

My brother is 31 and he still poops naked. Thankfully he'll only poop at home now. 

1 hour ago, Sullie06 said:

My 8 year old puts his shirts on backwards every single time. He can dress himself but I lay his clothing out for school so he looks appropriete and here he come with his shirts on backwards every morning. I also have to remind him multiple times to put on clean socks. 

My brother is 31 and he still poops naked. Thankfully he'll only poop at home now. 

With the backwards shirt - OTHER kids have started to do it now. I was talking to the woman who runs his daycare yesterday and she has a daughter my sons age and the daughter has Downs Syndrome. We were laughing about the "you need to do this independently" and "seriously kid - backwards AND inside out??" issue. When her daughter is at Dad's house - she gets dressed all by herself (but everything is inside out or backwards etc - down to the underwear). When she's at Mom's - Mom helps her dress so that's all the "right" way. 

I'm going with "you can dress yourself"... one less thing Momma has to do. 

And the "poops naked" brother - HA HA HA - I'm glad to know my kiddo isn't the only one. And if he's still doing it at 31 - we'll survive. Bigger fish to fry.

• Upvote 3

On 2/11/2022 at 1:15 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

He was obviously a home pooper.

This has continued to make me giggle. It may be the opening line in my next (fake) novel.

• Haha 9

5 minutes ago, Satan'sFortress said:

This has continued to make me giggle. It may be the opening line in my next (fake) novel.

Lol! I swear to you it’s a real phenomenon! It’s mostly men from my observations. But occasionally you’ll find a female home pooper 😉

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

37 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Lol! I swear to you it’s a real phenomenon! It’s mostly men from my observations. But occasionally you’ll find a female home pooper 😉

In my experience it's usually women.  I'm still shocked when people do that in public bathrooms.  I don't judge of course, that's what bathrooms are for and you do what you have to do...but it's something I avoid at (almost) all costs so I'm always surprised when people are comfortable with it.

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

In my experience it's usually women.  I'm still shocked when people do that in public bathrooms.  I don't judge of course, that's what bathrooms are for and you do what you have to do...but it's something I avoid at (almost) all costs so I'm always surprised when people are comfortable with it.

I'm trying to pinpoint when I moved from being for the most part a home pee-er, let alone pooper, to just not caring any more. Probably during pregnancy. I used to really avoid ever ever ever using public bathrooms and if I did I'd be in there waiting until all the other stalls were empty before going, but now I just... dgaf. Maybe my standards have slipped too far, I don't know.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

8 minutes ago, AprilQuilt said:

I'm trying to pinpoint when I moved from being for the most part a home pee-er, let alone pooper, to just not caring any more. Probably during pregnancy. I used to really avoid ever ever ever using public bathrooms and if I did I'd be in there waiting until all the other stalls were empty before going, but now I just... dgaf. Maybe my standards have slipped too far, I don't know.

As long as you're going in the bathroom your standards are just fine!  There is nothing wrong with using the bathroom for what they're intended.  I wish I were more comfortable with that sometimes because we have a two stall ladies room at work and I stalk it to make sure it's empty before using it due to a shy bladder.

Although, can I just say to the people that want to chat through the stall walls while doing business...NO!  Do not ask who's in the other stall, don't speak to me directly when you recognize my shoes, and just generally don't even think about me while relieving yourself!  😂

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

3 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Although, can I just say to the people that want to chat through the stall walls while doing business...NO!  Do not ask who's in the other stall, don't speak to me directly when you recognize my shoes, and just generally don't even think about me while relieving yourself!  

I must have repeated the line, "Don't talk to me. I'm peeing." dozens of times before all my colleagues got the hint. 

Or when I'm out and get up to go to the bathroom and someone says, "I'll go with you." No, really, please don't.

• I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic