Jump to content
IGNORED

Seewalds 47: Actions have Consequences; Sponsor Backlash Due to Jessa's Homophobia


HerNameIsBuffy

Recommended Posts

On 11/1/2022 at 4:47 PM, pupper said:

Bedtime prayers: when my kids were little, we did the “Now I lay me down to sleep” one but I didn’t like the idea of them worrying about dying in their sleep so I changed it to:

”Now I lay me down to sleep. I pray the Lord my soul to keep. And keep me safe all through the night. And wake me with the morning light”

I’m not sure if I made the last part up myself or if I heard it somewhere.

We had a decal on the wall over our sons crib when he was a baby and it was the ”Now I lay me down to sleep. I pray the Lord my soul to keep. And keep me safe all through the night. And wake me with the morning light” version.

  • Upvote 3
  • Love 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/2/2022 at 1:39 PM, SassyPants said:

Just a question…why do people who don’t want government involvement in their lives or vote against the common good, seem to use EMS more than your average citizen? I cant imagine activating EMS unless it was a clear emergency (respiratory or cardiac) or a horrible accident where I might be concerned about moving someone, over putting someone in a car and taking them to the ER or urgent care. Maybe this is because I worked in HC for many decades. Do others here in the US do ambulance transports?

I am Canadian not American but I grew up rural and calling the ambulance was normal because the ambulance would come from the local fire hall  and could be there in less than 5 minutes while the nearest hospital was 30 minutes away. The paramedics could also administer whatever medical help that was needed. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Apparently Jessa made an ad for Walmart. Some are speculating that she's pregnant, based on the clothing she typically wears. It's on her Instagram, and I am blocked, so I was wondering if y'all could take a look.

It's a somewhat decent ad, according to those who have seen it.

Edited by marmalade
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jessa typically wears dresses so I'm not sure how her outfit would indicate pregnancy. If she is pregnant, she's not nine months so I'll refrain from speculating. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I saw some screenshots, and she's wearing the baggy dress that she favors early on. But yes, too early to speculate. The people's posts I read seemed to indicate she was farther along. My bad. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I saw some stills.  She's had 4 kids in a short period of time and I think people at large (not anyone here) are reading too much into her wearing a dress and maybe not having a concave stomach.  I could barely even detect something resembling a bump since I'm way fatter than her.  Maybe it was lunch, or maybe her abs have changed a bit from the pregnancies.  If we wait long enough, though, she'll probably be pregnant again.

  • Upvote 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Or maybe Jessa is doing a paid ad for a big company, knows if she wears that style of dress there’s lots of speculation and hence lots of clicks, so she does it to ramp up viewings and hopefully get another paid ad. She’s Jim Bob’s daughter. 

  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Idlewild said:

Or maybe Jessa is doing a paid ad for a big company, knows if she wears that style of dress there’s lots of speculation and hence lots of clicks, so she does it to ramp up viewings and hopefully get another paid ad. She’s Jim Bob’s daughter. 

That seems like a stretch. It certainly wasn’t skin tight, but it wasn’t a tent. It was just a normal, cotton knit dress. She’s worn it before.  It was color coordinated with what her kids and husband were wearing. Not formal or fancy, but not a t-shirt and leggings/skirt - so the same vibe as the rest of the family for what the ad was aiming for - a little dressed up - fun family holiday craft night, making special traditions, etc..  

She did a bedroom tour on her YouTube channel (also with sponsors) she had a wall hanging  of different kinds of flowers in the girls room. The flowers are labeled and she said she could use it for inspiration for any further daughter names. So she’s not saying they are done having kids. On the other hand Fern still sleeps in their room, and there is no crib/toddler bed for Fern in the room she will share with Ivy, so likely no baby in the immediate future. They have a guest room they could presumably use if they add a couple more kids. 

Edited by Mama Mia
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/2/2022 at 1:39 PM, SassyPants said:

Just a question…why do people who don’t want government involvement in their lives or vote against the common good, seem to use EMS more than your average citizen? I cant imagine activating EMS unless it was a clear emergency (respiratory or cardiac) or a horrible accident where I might be concerned about moving someone, over putting someone in a car and taking them to the ER or urgent care. Maybe this is because I worked in HC for many decades. Do others here in the US do ambulance transports?

I am a paramedic. I can assure you that 80-85% of our calls are non emergent and would be just fine going to the ER by private vehicle or not going to the ER at all.  Very few callers actually need an ambulance.

I have actually found the opposite of your observation of those who call EMS to be true though.  By far the vast majority of people who call for an ambulance are on Medicare or Medicaid. Medicare patients because they are older, which means sicker, more injury prone, and less likely to be able to drive themselves to the ER.  Medicaid patients for a variety of other reasons: no primary care physician, no access to transportation, unable to get to or pay upfront costs for an urgent care, less likely to access preventative medicine.  And regardless of insurance, mental illness/health plays a large part in many 911 calls.

The individualist, anti government crowd in the area where I work almost never calls unless someone is dying. The same for the Amish population.

Edited by sableduck
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think a lot of the speculation is that Jessa and Claire are the best candidates for #29. We know it isn't Anna, Hannah, or Joy. Abbie, Lauren, Kendra, Jill and Katey all gave birth recently. Jinger seems unlikely. So it is probably Jessa or Claire. 

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sableduck said:

I am a paramedic. I can assure you that 80-85% of our calls are non emergent and would be just fine going to the ER by private vehicle or not going to the ER at all.  Very few callers actually need an ambulance.

I have actually found the opposite of your observation of those who call EMS to be true though.  By far the vast majority of people who call for an ambulance are on Medicare or Medicaid. Medicare patients because they are older, which means sicker, more injury prone, and less likely to be able to drive themselves to the ER.  Medicaid patients for a variety of other reasons: no primary care physician, no access to transportation, unable to get to or pay upfront costs for an urgent care, less likely to access preventative medicine.  And regardless of insurance, mental illness/health plays a large part in many 911 calls.

The individualist, anti government crowd in the area where I work almost never calls unless someone is dying. The same for the Amish population.

Depending on your insurance, you can also have less out of pocket costs if you are admitted to the hospital - with really high co-pays for emergency room, and no coverage at all for urgent care if you are in an HMO and they don’t have one.  Id be nervous the ambulance co-pay would be higher though- or worse, disallowed. A couple times I’ve had family members sent by ambulance from their work or from an urgent care - I assume those are for liability reasons. 
 

As to Spurgeon, Reddit shows him being in an air ambulance, and speculates it was for that horrible infection that can happen following antibiotics. I guess in kids it can go from no big deal to near fatal very quickly. 

 

Edited by Mama Mia
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/18/2022 at 2:42 PM, marmalade said:

Apparently Jessa made an ad for Walmart. Some are speculating that she's pregnant, based on the clothing she typically wears. It's on her Instagram, and I am blocked, so I was wondering if y'all could take a look.

It's a somewhat decent ad, according to those who have seen it.

It actually was a decent ad.  But my beef is with the kids being in my it and it being paid for by Walmart.  If Walmart made a "real" commercial, or even hired an ad agency to produce a similar commercial for social media, each of those kids would have received a paycheck for their work.  By going this route using Jessa, they could produce this content extremely cheaply by comparison and only pay Jessa.  I know this is common for "influencers"; but I just feel like Walmart should know better and do better. Feels exploitive to me.

  • Upvote 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Public ripped jeans for her 30th bday 

and here I thought Jessa would be the hold out (other than Kendra) or Janna who still has jb headship  (yes I know Jana wears jeans now) 

good for her. She rocks them. I’m  sure we have seen her in track pants before but not jeans so publically? D71A4769-3213-4AEA-ADDE-5312FD98B2D9.thumb.png.e2e9e8248be7d35d1e9591a386dc1f0d.png

  • Upvote 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Public ripped jeans for her 30th bday 

and here I thought Jessa would be the hold out (other than Kendra) or Janna who still has jb headship  (yes I know Jana wears jeans now) 

good for her. She rocks them. I’m  sure we have seen her in track pants before but not jeans so publically? D71A4769-3213-4AEA-ADDE-5312FD98B2D9.thumb.png.e2e9e8248be7d35d1e9591a386dc1f0d.png

Pants are no big deal for IBLP/ATI now. There are very few families in that cult that are totally all skirts all the time. I’ve seen Pris and pecan put pants on their girls. And they seem to be the poster family for ATI/IBLP. It may bother JB and Michelle, but when they go to big Sandy, they have to notice all the pants on women and girls. 

  • Upvote 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Public ripped jeans for her 30th bday 

and here I thought Jessa would be the hold out (other than Kendra) or Janna who still has jb headship  (yes I know Jana wears jeans now) 

good for her. She rocks them. I’m  sure we have seen her in track pants before but not jeans so publically? D71A4769-3213-4AEA-ADDE-5312FD98B2D9.thumb.png.e2e9e8248be7d35d1e9591a386dc1f0d.png

Didn't Jessa wear jeans when she and Ben went guitar shopping?

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Now there’s no TV show for them to try and appear quirky and the Duggar family social media is pretty much dead, I doubt JB and M are really bothered by it. While it made money they made a thing of it.

Joy and Austin were watching films on a huge wall mounted TV- I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a similar one at the Duggar mansion now.

  • Upvote 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Idlewild said:

Now there’s no TV show for them to try and appear quirky and the Duggar family social media is pretty much dead, I doubt JB and M are really bothered by it. While it made money they made a thing of it.

Joy and Austin were watching films on a huge wall mounted TV- I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a similar one at the Duggar mansion now.

The parents still seem to hang on to skirts-only for the younger girls though. Johanna, Jennifer, Jordyn and Josie (and Michelle) are always in dresses or skirts in any photo. Even in situations where virtually everyone else is in pants. I think the Bates are the same way, but don’t follow them closely. 
 

What I thought was interesting is that Jana, Anna and the M girls all wear pants in public. So Jana clearly has more autonomy over herself than her little sisters, despite living at home. With the show over will Johanna get to wear pants when she turns 18? 21? Wait until 30? (Assuming she’s not married off next year, of course)

 And if Anna is living on the compound and her kids seem cared for by JB and Michelle frequently — does this mean she gets to make her own rules? That seems like there must be a little more separation / power for Anna that it appears. There will always times with a group of kids in a family of the same age where one parent will allow something another won’t - amount of treats, screen limits, bedtimes - whatever. But that seems much more challenging if the kids all basically live together. Plus all the other very complicated family dynamics. How does that work in practice? 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

What’s causing you to wonder?

It seems like she has fallen off the planet. She used to shill on IG, but not for a long time. It also seems like most of the couples have moved out of JB’s direct control, but this might just be because the Josh conviction has really left most of them scrabbling for higher ground and privacy. You rarely see Jana even photographed at events with the other “at home” siblings. Granted, she’ll be 33 YO in January, so much older than the rest of the single Duggars. I think it would be great if JB has grown in the last year, and has reevaluated his approach to grown, mature adult offspring and the freedoms and independence that should be conferred on them.

  • Thank You 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

as per the 'is Jessa pregnant again?' chat, in part 2 of her house tour she points out a few things that Fern has outgrown - swaddles and head bows - and says it's time to pass them on to someone else. I thought that was a bit surprising if she is currently pregnant, unless she already knows she's having a boy.

I know that the Duggars tend to circulate maternity clothes around whoever happens to need them so maybe they do the same with baby gear. But for me when I pass on baby items I always think it's wise to expect not to get them back. Presumably Jessa doesn't feel this way, unless she is actually done with having babies which would be a turn-up for the books. 

(we have loaned out our side sleeper and a few other big items to friends, and I'm sure they'll return to use eventually, but sleepsuits and muslins wear out, hats and socks fall off, vests are lost to a poonami, so the little things Jessa is saying she'll pass on are things I'd never expect to have returned)

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What was the time frame for her scaling back drastically on social media vs her child endangerment charges?  I bet that has something to do with it.  It's probably fun to be on SM when people are mostly giving you positive feedback, less so when a large group of them vocally turn on you.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/20/2022 at 8:33 AM, Idlewild said:

Now there’s no TV show for them to try and appear quirky and the Duggar family social media is pretty much dead, I doubt JB and M are really bothered by it. While it made money they made a thing of it.

Joy and Austin were watching films on a huge wall mounted TV- I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a similar one at the Duggar mansion now.

The Duggars have used a screen projector for many years. We’ve seen them watching ball games on these projector in the past. They all watch screens as much as anyone else. 

22 hours ago, SassyPants said:

It seems like she has fallen off the planet. She used to shill on IG, but not for a long time. It also seems like most of the couples have moved out of JB’s direct control, but this might just be because the Josh conviction has really left most of them scrabbling for higher ground and privacy. You rarely see Jana even photographed at events with the other “at home” siblings. Granted, she’ll be 33 YO in January, so much older than the rest of the single Duggars. I think it would be great if JB has grown in the last year, and has reevaluated his approach to grown, mature adult offspring and the freedoms and independence that should be conferred on them.

I wish she would get a place of her own. Like Sarah Maxwell. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The Duggars have used a screen projector for many years. We’ve seen them watching ball games on these projector in the past. They all watch screens as much as anyone else. 

I wish she would get a place of her own. Like Sarah Maxwell. 

I always thought Jana and Laura could get their own place. Speaking of which, I read in a comment that Jana/Laura have removed all traces of each other from their Instagrams?!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



  • Recent Status Updates

    • Scrabblemaster

      Scrabblemaster

      I would have loved to start my jogging journey again but is cloudy and rainy and a little bit snowy. Damn it. Maybe I will start nevertheless. When I start in shitty weather I might continue in good weather.
      · 4 replies
    • indianabones

      indianabones

      While I may love cross country skiing, my tailbone does not.
      · 0 replies
    • Kiki03910

      Kiki03910

      words of wisdom

      · 0 replies
    • Kiki03910

      Kiki03910

      I joined for the snark and stayed for the insight.
      · 0 replies
    • Bluebirdbluebell

      Bluebirdbluebell

      Disgusted with Catholic Church over Cardinal Pell's funeral this week. It really reflects poorly on the church and should be a red flag to Catholics.
      · 0 replies
    • PennySycamore

      PennySycamore

      I've been away since about 10 PM on Monday evening.  My husband noticed that my speech was a bit slurred, called my daughter to see if she concurred and they both agreed that I needed to go to the hospital.  There I was taken back within minutes to be evaluated for a stroke.   My BP was sky-high. I. undressed and was helped into a hospital gown.  The PureWick did not work that night so when I had to go I just went.  (I do want a PureWick if I ever get urinary stress incontenence though and would need to wear diapers.). 
      I had a CT scan fairly early the next morning and it confirmed that I'd sufffered a mild stroke,  I had an MRI that afternoon which confirmed the both the mild stroke and no other damage and yet I had another CT scan -this time with a contrast medium injected.  I was allowed the Heart Healthy diet and my BP had dropped to 180/100.  They don'y want to drop the BP too rapidly so it has dropped enough to turn to Lisinipril to drop it further.
      After the ER. I was sent to the ICU and stayed until I was discharged this afternoon.  The staff were all really nice and my husband and two daughters were with me most of the time, helping out.  My oldest daughter's van was in the shop so I let her borrow the MINI since I knew she could drive a stick.  When she was visiting yesterday afternoon, her husband was in the ER waiting on a CT can and today, she was there when the speech pathologist was visiting.  She was able to get some good advice from her as her husband is currently unable to swallow.
      Anyway I'm home.  My dogs and the cat to see me home, especially my dachsie, were happy to see me home.
      A couple of things I learned:
      I need to teach my husband about loading the dishwasher.
      and 
      Jill would never be able to handle bedpans.
      · 12 replies
    • 47of74

      47of74

      Fornicate.  Six more weeks of winter according to Phil.
      · 0 replies
    • Jinder Roles

      Jinder Roles

      Currently obsessed with Laura Mvula, a musical genius
      · 0 replies
    • Bluebirdbluebell

      Bluebirdbluebell

      I highly recommend Not the Good Girl's Youtube channel. She is making great documentaries about cults.
      · 0 replies
    • BlackberryGirl

      BlackberryGirl

      Ohh jeeze, GrandBerry6 just came to me, snuggled his face in my neck and barfed, all over me. In my neck, in my hair, on my face, down inside my nightie all over the front of my nightie. Ohh FUCK! Bath, washed hair, cleaned sofa. Good times, good times.
      · 3 replies
  • Recent Blog Entries

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.