IGNORED

Rosaria Butterfield "no such thing as LGBTQ? "

Soulhuntress

Sorry LGBTQ FJ folks.  I saw this and two supposed ex LGBTQ people saying they don't exist is fucking tragic. Rosaria Butterfield and friends are self hating and at a level that is unfathomable.   Not sure who the host is or what his story is but wow. 

Edited by Soulhuntress
Clarify
  • Angry 1
  • WTF 5

That makes me seethe. Bad enough to say things like "marriage should only be between one man and one woman"* or "same-sex activity is sinful" -- you are absolutely wrong, but we can at least have a conversation and I can try to persuade you that you're causing harm and hurt. But to say "there are no such people" or "there are only two genders and sexes" -- now you are just willfully closing your eyes to reality. On what basis would we even have a conversation? You're entitled to your holy book and your religious practices and your opinions, but you're not entitled to your own facts.

* ...like the Bible says. Oh wait...

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 4

Ewww, my mum started watching Butterfield's books and watching her videos a few years ago, thinking of herself as making a big step towards compassion by considering being hospitable to all those strange people outside the church in order to get them in where they can repent and be repaired.

And now she thinks I've wronged her by taking a couple of months to come out as trans, as if I owed her the truth and there's no reason why I might have been hesitant about her likely reaction.

• Love 13

Thought I counter this video with evidence how much religion can traumatize people  with the example of American Idol's David Archuleta .  

• Love 1

On 1/25/2022 at 10:00 PM, Antipatriarch said:

"marriage should only be between one man and one woman"

And yet, there are videos on YouTube of young women walking up a church aisle in a wedding dress (often on the arm of their father), receiving their habits, and returning in their full nun habits as "Brides of Christ".

So much for "one man and one woman". I'm confused.

• Upvote 2