IGNORED

NFL 2021/22 season

47of74

Well there's one thing that's not happening this year...

• Move Along 2

My teams are all out. I'm lowkey a Patriots fan - my now 17 year old son has been a fan for years, and his enthusiasm is contagious, so I cheer with him. Second to the Patriots, the Bucs for obvious reasons. Third, I kinda cheer for the Cowboys because they're just due. I was a Cowboys fan as a teenager in the 90s. 

I really look forward to the Super Bowl every year. 17yo and I have a tradition every year - lots of yummy, terrible for you "football food" for supper while we watch the game. We rank the commercials and we usually disagree on the halftime show, lol. We're both excited for the halftime show this year, though. 

• Upvote 2

We enjoy the SB here too, even though our team, the Dolphins, haven't been anywhere near the game in decades.

At the beginning of each quarter we predict the score at the end of that quarter.  My sister brings over 4 lottery scratch-offs and the one closest gets a scratch-off.  Sometimes we win big, other years nothing.  Last year my sister won $140.

• Upvote 1

What an amazing weekend of games! 49er fan here, full disclosure. Aaron Rodgers (anti-vax tool) is really good at losing to the Niners in the playoffs. 4 times now! 

And that Buffalo Kansas City game? Wow!

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, Estrubius said:

What an amazing weekend of games! 49er fan here, full disclosure. Aaron Rodgers (anti-vax tool) is really good at losing to the Niners in the playoffs. 4 times now! 

And that Buffalo Kansas City game? Wow!

I saw the game last night too, yeah that was a good game.  I'm just glad my three least favorite teams (Cowboys, Patriots, Packers) aren't going to the SB this year.  I'm fine with whoever makes it now. 

• Upvote 3

I didn’t know this thread was on FJ. Major football fan here.  That was a perfect playoff weekend. The underdog won three fantastic games. I didn’t really care who won that last game (like both teams), but, OMG that ending was insane. I couldn’t help but feel a little sad for the Bills. They played their hearts out. I’ve heard several sports commentators remark that it was the greatest game ever and I can’t disagree. 

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, HoneyBunny said:

I didn’t know this thread was on FJ. Major football fan here.  That was a perfect playoff weekend. The underdog won three fantastic games. I didn’t really care who won that last game (like both teams), but, OMG that ending was insane. I couldn’t help but feel a little sad for the Bills. They played their hearts out. I’ve heard several sports commentators remark that it was the greatest game ever and I can’t disagree. 

I heard someone say it's too bad that game couldn't have had two winners because they both played so well. And what a Sunday night! Chefs/Bills game plus Sisterwives!

I also saw a suggestion on Twitter:  forget the Super Bowl, let’s just let the Chiefs and Bills play best of 7 for the championship, a la the NBA, because they really are probably the two best teams in the league right now. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, HoneyBunny said:

I would have started it earlier but just never got around to it.  Didn't really pay all that much attention in the regular season.  I'd occasionally sit in the living room and watch NFL football with the parental units but otherwise I just haven't been too much into sports the past couple years.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, 47of74 said:

I would have started it earlier but just never got around to it.  Didn't really pay all that much attention in the regular season.  I'd occasionally sit in the living room and watch NFL football with the parental units but otherwise I just haven't been too much into sports the past couple years.

I never realized how much into (some) sports I am until COVID caused them to temporarily disappear. Talk about withdrawal symptoms! Last week I watched 5 NFL games on TV, and three varsity and one NBA game in person. Yeah…just a bit of a fan. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

9 hours ago, HoneyBunny said:

I never realized how much into (some) sports I am until COVID caused them to temporarily disappear. Talk about withdrawal symptoms! Last week I watched 5 NFL games on TV, and three varsity and one NBA game in person. Yeah…just a bit of a fan. 

I got into sitting with the parental units...dad in particular...and watching football games with him, be they NFL or NCAA.  I try not to let it show but few people are more conscious than while they are both in good health now the day will come when sitting and enjoying a game with the parental units is no longer a possibility.

• I Agree 1
  • Love 1

• 3 weeks later...

Made a small update since the game is now over...

rams-won-super-bowl.thumb.jpg.2b71deac11cc470ebbbde3686e8ebfd9.jpg

• Haha 2