IGNORED

Bates 30: Season 11 in the Can and Cancelled. What's UP with that?

HerNameIsBuffy

@HerNameIsBuffysorry I'm just an empathy junky, "sometimes". If it were me I would definitely want to get paid regardless of my beliefs. That was alot of footage. This whole situation is just weird. Why not just let them finish up one last season?? I will be stalking online media & FJ for the next couple of days because something up🤔

• Upvote 7
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

@HerNameIsBuffysorry I'm just an empathy junky, "sometimes". If it were me I would definitely want to get paid regardless of my beliefs. That was alot of footage. This whole situation is just weird. Why not just let them finish up one last season?? I will be stalking online media & FJ for the next couple of days because something up🤔

Yeah, I'm sure they'll pay them out per their contract.   I do kind of hope there is something like a morals clause and the Bates violated it so they don't have to enrich them further, but I'm not particularly kind.

And something is definitely up.  

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

If anyones in trouble, my guess would be Gil. He seems like such a schemer to me. 

I wonder if this has anything to do with the IBLP finances? Embezzellment charges? 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, CanadianMamam said:

I wonder if this has anything to do with the IBLP finances? Embezzellment charges? 

Are there new ones?   

57 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

From what I saw the dumbass ran out of fuel within 5 minutes of take off.  People are looking for information.  

Wow, thanks. Do we know who the pilot was? 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

Do you remember if the Carlin's post was after they got engaged?

I think so yes.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Are there new ones?   

A report came out the other day about how the church is tanking and it looked like there was missing money? I just skimmed the post. But I wonder if there is something bigger going on. 

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

Just now, FleeJanaFree said:

Wow, thanks. Do we know who the pilot was? 

No, just one crew two passengers, no injuries.  I posted the link to the news on Reddit in the medicorps thread in Duggarville.

Did you guys know that not only does JB own 5 planes, but JD has an LLC that owns 4 planes and two helicopters that he leases to medicorps?  Just read that a little while ago and my eyebrows are still screaming about it.

• Upvote 16
  • WTF 5
  • Thank You 9

Just now, nelliebelle1197 said:

I think so yes.

It was the day before her gender reveal. So November 19. Lawson and Tiffany got engaged end of October. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

Oh wow hopefully this is the end of Fundie Family TV shows. Was expecting the Bates to be on TV much longer but something is definitely up and I want the tea!! 

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

I wonder what JRod is going to have to say about this.  She's running out of people with coattails to ride.

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 30
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Hmmmm, maybe not, but, Lawson and another were in DC on 06Jan22, could something be coming out about that? It's definitely something and imagine being a 'christian' family with so many different things in your life that could bring you down.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

43 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Yeah, I'm sure they'll pay them out per their contract.   I do kind of hope there is something like a morals clause and the Bates violated it so they don't have to enrich them further, but I'm not particularly kind.

Yes, they'll pay them per the contract terms.  Some TV contracts only pay if the episodes air and others pay if they're filmed even if they're never aired.  The network almost never has to pay to the end of the contract, but only for the either the work done or the end of the option period.  The people who get bought out of their contracts are only the major, major stars.  They are the only ones with the clout to get it written into the contracts.  

This is kind of fun with both fundie shows falling so close together and neither from a pure ratings drop, but possibly scandal.

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 18
  • I Agree 1

Can someone fill me in on Carlin's insta comment? Must've missed it when it happened.

But whatever it was I'm gonna guess it wasn't the reason -- after all, they weren't canceled after Bateses appeared at the capitol on Jan. 6! My guess is someone's got actual criminal charges pending.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Can someone fill me in on Carlin's insta comment? Must've missed it when it happened.

But whatever it was I'm gonna guess it wasn't the reason -- after all, they weren't canceled after Bateses appeared at the capitol on Jan. 6! My guess is someone's got actual criminal charges pending.

Playing charades someone was miming killing or hunting someone and either Nathan or Trace yelled out, "George Floyd" and they all laughed.  She got some shit and took it down.  It was November I think it said upthread.

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 9
  • WTF 5
  • Love 1

UP TV is not a major network. It's a small cable network. Too small for our large cable package. I wonder if the company is going under and the channel will disappear. BUB was it's one original show and staple. 

This may have nothing to do with the Bates and everything to do with cable losing to streaming.

• Upvote 9

Just now, Bluebirdbluebell said:

UP TV is not a major network. It's a small cable network. Too small for our large cable package. I wonder if the company is going under and the channel will disappear. BUB was it's one original show and staple. 

This may have nothing to do with the Bates and everything to do with cable losing to streaming.

They already filmed two weddings and a proposal in Italy for this season.  They were filming up to 2 weeks ago with talking heads.  Commercials for the premier are running tonight.  

You don't yank like this if it's due to a market shift.

• Upvote 31
  • I Agree 17
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

They already filmed two weddings and a proposal in Italy for this season.  They were filming up to 2 weeks ago with talking heads.  Commercials for the premier are running tonight.  

You don't yank like this if it's due to a market shift.

Not even if the network is off the air tomorrow? I wasn't thinking this was a market shift, more like UP filing for bankruptcy.

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 2

4 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Not even if the network is off the air tomorrow? I wasn't thinking this was a market shift, more like UP filing for bankruptcy.

Then the press release would say that, instead of that they’re pivoting away from reality TV. It could be new management and not have anything to do with the Bates family, but that seems unlikely with a whole season in the can.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

14 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

People can and do subscribe to UP directly or through Prime. If they are only subscribing for the Bates, that could be problematic for them long term. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

They've pulled a show that's already been filmed. That's a big f'ing deal. They wouldn't pull it just because. My guess is some nasty skeletons are coming out soon. 

• Upvote 42
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

They've pulled a show that's already been filmed. That's a big f'ing deal. They wouldn't pull it just because. My guess is some nasty skeletons are coming out soon. 

Same. I'm thinking that documentary is going to be JUICY. 

• Upvote 21
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

23 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

Same. I'm thinking that documentary is going to be JUICY. 

The more I think about it, the more convinced I am that the filmmakers have just recently interviewed someone who made serious allegations against Gil, or against someone who Gil was actively covering up for. And if that's the case I would guess it involves child abuse and/or sexual assault, as I don't see the documentary crew being so eager to hand off their material to authorities, The Jinx-style, if they had merely uncovered some shady IBLP accounting practices.

• Upvote 19

• Coconut Flan locked this topic