IGNORED

Political Memes, Comics, and other Shenanigans, Part 38

GreyhoundFan

image.png.05e4c2c8422d7ed61bdaa81a5e801928.png

"Trump Booster for DeSantis"

Donald Trump is mad. Sure, he’s always mad, but this occasion is interesting.

We’ve seen Trump hate on Republicans before. He’s had horrible things to say about John McCain, George W. Bush, George H. W. Bush, Jeb Bush (he hates Bushes), Mitt Romney, Liz Cheney, Adam Kinzinger, and all Republicans who don’t kiss his ass.

During the 2016 Republican primaries, he attacked all the Republicans running against him. He said Rick Perry should have to take an IQ test to qualify for the debates. He attacked Ben Carson, insinuating he had a pathological disease that made him lose his temper and try to stab people. He called Bobby Jindal a “lightweight,” and Jindal responded by saying Trump is a “substance-free narcissist who looks like he’s got a squirrel sitting on his head.” He called Marco Rubio “Little Marco.” He gave out Lindsey Graham’s phone number at a rally. Trump called Rand Paul a “fake conservative” who is “truly weird,” and a “spoiled brat without a properly functioning brain.” He insulted Carly Fiorina’s looks by saying, “Look at that face.” He said Jeb Bush had “low energy.” He attacked the looks of Ted Cruz’s wife, suggested his father had a part in killing John F. Kennedy, and called Ted “Lyin’ Ted.”

Excluding John Kasich and Jeb Bush, most of those people Trump attacked became his ass kissers and sycophants. It’s weird. But now, instead of turning enemies into friends, Trump is about to turn a sycophant into an enemy. Trump is threatened by Florida Governor Ron DeSantis.

Ron DeSantis is a horrible right-wing goon of a governor. He’s anti-mandates. He’s anti-face masks. He’s anti-science. He loves the racist dog whistles. He signed a bill live on Fox News that makes it legal to run over Black Lives Matter protesters. The racists love him. When he ran for governor, he aired ads telling assuring voters he was a huge Trumper and no one in Florida was a bigger MAGAt then he. He was even teaching his baby how to “build a wall” out of Legos in the ad. It was sick.

Trump is upset that DeSantis won’t publicly bow down before him. DeSantis is a presidential hopeful and he’ll run for the office someday. Trump is concerned it’ll be in 2024. Trump hasn’t declared yet but he wants DeSantis to declare he won’t run if Trump does.

It’s very early for this kind of stuff, but Trump is polling way ahead of DeSantis, but being the insecure baby that he is, Trump is scared.

Axios published a story saying Trump is privately telling people at Mar-a-Lago that DeSantis is “dull” and lacking in “personal charisma.” The story made its way to the Drudge Report. Before you know it, it’ll be on Fox News. It’s already on One America News Network but nobody watches that.

Trump has publicly admitted he received a booster to the coronavirus and attacked “gutless” politicians who won’t reveal their booster status. Keep in mind, Trump refused to do a public service announcement or have his vaccine injected on camera because he puts himself before the rest of the nation. While talking to One America News Network, he said, “You got to say it. Whether you had it or not, say it.” It was a swipe at DeSantis who has not “said it” and won’t say he won’t run for president if Trump runs.

During an interview on a right-wing fucknut podcast, DeSantis said he regretted not pushing back more aggressively when Trump advised Americans to stay home in the early days of the coronavirus pandemic. He didn’t mention Trump by name, but who else was president (sic) in 2020?

DeSantis then blamed Dr. Anthony Fauci for convincing Trump to lock down the nation, which is framing Trump as a baby who can’t make his own decisions.

A lot of Republicans, including DeSantis, claim the media is inventing this feud and for us not to “take the bait.” But if there is a real feud, we’ll know it soon enough because Donald Trump is not good at keeping things to himself. Personally, I’m looking forward to this and will be stocking up on popcorn.

DeSantis is Trump’s Mini-Me. I don’t know if anyone has kissed Trump’s ass more than he has, other than Mike Pence and all those Republicans I mentioned above who were Trump’s targets in 2016.

If Trump and DeSantis engage in a contest of who’s more MAGA or better for the nation, my concern is which one is worse for the nation. They’re both horrible vile human-being-type things.

Maybe Florida can’t, but America can do better than what the cult gives us.

• Upvote 5

image.png.928e50d677baaafcd4db91a6b56e32a4.png

"Ruth and Betty"

It was a struggle for me a few weeks ago when I did a cartoon honoring Betty White after her death. I was happy with the cartoon I did create and it did really well with my clients and on social media, which is rare. A couple days later, I thought of this idea and did one of those I-should-have-had-a-V8 slaps to my head. This was more my style. But, I decided to save it for Betty’s 100th birthday. My plan was to do the cartoon a day or two before her birthday so my newspaper clients could run it on her birthday. And then I forgot.

Over the weekend, I drew cartoons on Boris Johnson, Prince Andrew, Glenn Youngkin, and on Trump’s racists (which got me slapped by TikTok and YouTube. Racists have feelings, you know). I totally spaced out on Betty’s birthday. I usually tell Alexa to remind me of something upcoming, but I whiffed on this one. Alexa already has about 50 reminders for me and sometimes I don’t enunciate well and then six months later, I can’t understand what Alexa is reminding me to do. What the hell is “upload to goats?”

When Betty died, there was a lot of focus on her not making it to her 100th birthday, which was only weeks away. There was even a TV special planned for the event. Apparently, Death doesn’t care much for Neilsen ratings. But living to 99 is still an accomplishment, especially considering Betty White had good health for most of her life which is probably something required to live to be 99. I think the real injustice is that Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg didn’t survive long enough for her replacement to be someone who shares her values, and before Republicans and Donald Trump would be able to put a cult-dwelling lunatic in her seat.

And you know what? Ruth Bader Ginsburg did survive long enough for her replacement to be someone more like her. I mean, she lived long enough if you were going to go by the Mitch McConnell rule for SCOTUS nominees. It was just too bad Mitch McConnell didn’t go by the Mitch McConnell rule for SCOTUS nominees.

Obama had ten months left in office when Justice Antonin Scalia died but McConnell said they couldn’t replace a justice in an election year as the people need to decide at the ballot box in the upcoming November election of 2016. Except, the people did decide when they elected President Obama to serve four years in 2012. McConnell refused to allow Obama’s nominee, Merrick Garland, a hearing. After Trump came into office with the aid of Vladimir Putin meddling in our election, McConnell gave the nomination to the orange toddler.

Four years later, in 2020, when Ruth Bader Ginsburg died, it was two months before the election. This time, McConnell rushed through the nomination of Amy Coney Barret, a right-wing religious zealot. His argument was that the people had spoken by giving the Senate the Republicans. But, going on Mitch’s previous argument, the people should have been allowed to have their say in the upcoming November 2020 presidential election, where they selected Joe Biden. Also, his argument about the people choosing a GOP senate is bunk too as most American voters voted for Democratic candidates for the United States Senate.

For the slow kids (Republicans), the U.S. Senate isn’t decided by population. It’s decided by states. It doesn’t matter if your state only has 500,000 people or 40 million, it gets two senators. Wyoming’s population is so small that they only have one representative in the House (which is decided by population). But Wyoming also gets two senators, the exact number California has, where the population is represented by 54 House representatives. If that doesn’t seem fair, it’s because it isn’t. Why should you have more representation than I do?

My point is, Mitch McConnell is a sonofabitch and you can’t trust him on anything. He lies. He doesn’t have principles. If he ever puts a line in the sand, the line moves. If the Golden Girls was still on TV when Betty White died, Mitch McConnell would have stolen that seat and had given it to Ann Coulter.

People like Joe Manchin and Kyrsten Sinema need to be aware of this. These two are so dedicated to the filibuster that they refuse to bend for voting rights. How in the hell is the filibuster more sacred than voting rights? But if the GOP retakes the Senate, Mitch McConnell isn’t going to care that two Democrats saved the Filibuster when their party had control. He doesn’t feel a need to honor the principles and ethics of others. He doesn’t care if people point out that he totally lacks principles and is a lying thieving hypocrite. He chuckles when people call him “Cocaine Mitch”. He laughed when asked if he’d replace a Supreme Court justice if an opening came up in the last year of a Trump presidency (sic). I remember this because it made my skin crawl.

The really bad thing is, while Sinema may be a newbie, kinda stupid, and not aware of this, Joe Manchin is fully aware of this. He’s been around long enough. He knows better. He knows you can’t trust Mitch McConnell or any of the Republicans. Unless he has amnesia, he doesn’t have an excuse.

I like Betty White. She was a great person. But when she died, I wasn’t sad because she was 99. I was much sadder and truly mourned when Ruth Bader Ginsburg died. When RBG died, we lost a lot more.

• Upvote 8

4 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

image.png.e89e781095a96d994c53315ee06c158e.png

If the lot of them weren't such shitstains, this would be incredibly sad.

• I Agree 5

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic