IGNORED

2022: Anything Scientology Related!

Howl

Tony Ortega is sharing that Scientology wants Scientologists to give more money to...*check notes* Scientology! 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

• 3 months later...

Scientology accused of child trafficking and forced labour 

A court case suing Scientology and accusing them of child trafficking, sexual abuse and forced labour has been launched.

Spoiler

Three Australian residents have accused Scientology of child trafficking, covering up multiple sexual assaults, forced labour and other abuses in a significant legal claim lodged in a Florida court overnight.

The plaintiffs, Australian Gawain Baxter and residents Laura Baxter and Valeska Paris, are seeking significant “compensatory and punitive damages” against Scientology leader David Miscavige and five Church-related organisations for alleged human trafficking.

I'm kind of interested to see how this goes actually.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Ozlsn said:

Scientology accused of child trafficking and forced labour 

A court case suing Scientology and accusing them of child trafficking, sexual abuse and forced labour has been launched.

Reveal hidden contents

Three Australian residents have accused Scientology of child trafficking, covering up multiple sexual assaults, forced labour and other abuses in a significant legal claim lodged in a Florida court overnight.

The plaintiffs, Australian Gawain Baxter and residents Laura Baxter and Valeska Paris, are seeking significant “compensatory and punitive damages” against Scientology leader David Miscavige and five Church-related organisations for alleged human trafficking.

I'm kind of interested to see how this goes actually.

I'd love for them get their comeuppance, but I fear they have their nasty tentacles in too many high places. I won't be holding my breath. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

Scientology isn't a religion, it's pathology operating under the cover of religion. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

Mike Rinder has posted a copy of the complaint filed:

https://www.mikerindersblog.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/Complaint-as-filed-04-28-202254.pdf

I expect that he and Leah will discuss at some point on their podcast.

ETA:  the Fairgame podcast did have on 1 of the 3 Plaintiffs - Valeska Guider Paris - here
https://www.mikerindersblog.org/episode-25-valeska-guider-paris/

Edited by AuntKrazy
eta to add link
  • Thank You 2

• 5 months later...

Danny Masterson's trial is moving again - Danny Masterson Goes on Trial for Rape as Scientology Looms in the Background (yahoo.com)

Here is a refresher to how all this went down: A timeline of the sexual assault allegations against Danny Masterson (yahoo.com)

I was watching The Ranch when this all went down and I couldn't continue to watch it until I knew that he was written off the show, as soon as that was confirmed I finished binging the show

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2

Just finished Mike Rinder's book. It needs to be about 300 pages longer!

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

I have zero doubt that $cientology will in some way try to influence members of the jury outside the courtroom. 

On 4/29/2022 at 4:43 AM, Ozlsn said:

According to Tony Ortega (on The Underground Bunker): "Tampa federal Judge Thomas Barber has agreed that Scientology leader David Miscavige has been evading service in a major new labor trafficking lawsuit that was filed in April, and he has given the plaintiffs a court summons they were asking for."  (Sept. 12, 2022). 

On 4/29/2022 at 5:52 AM, VooDooChild said:

I'd love for them get their comeuppance, but I fear they have their nasty tentacles in too many high places. I won't be holding my breath. 

Maybe...just maybe, progress will be made.  $cientology wants the case settled in $cientology arbitration because of the gazillion year $cino contract the litigants signed.  If the judge rules that the case can go to trial, it's game on. Discovery on the life of children in Sea Org will be lit. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 3

22 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Just finished Mike Rinder's book. It needs to be about 300 pages longer!

I saw him interviewed on CBS morning this am. I rolled my eyes when they teased it as a former higher up calling it a cult. I saw Rinder and wondered where have they been during Leah's show? Ha!

I look forward to reading the book.

• Upvote 6

• 4 months later...

We DVR anything we watch on regular TV.  The ubiquitous Balance of Nature vitamin superfood ads are long, aired frequently and insanely irritating.  I fast forward immediately.  Yesterday, before I hit the fast forward button, I heard the founder/inventor of the Balance of Nature scam say,  "blah blah blah, JUST LIKE GOD INTENDED..."  This got my attention. 

Balance of Nature is expensive.  They are obviously paying out mega millions in advertising that they aren't spending on product development so I got curious this morning. 

First, I wondered if they are an MLM Mormon company and turns out they have a presence in St. George, Utah and are not structured as an MLM company.   I got a little deeper and WHOA! they are Scientology.  

Tony Ortega Tony was contacted by a Balance of Nature employee who confirmed the Scientology connection.  Tony covered this on Feb. 3, 2021: Is ‘Balance of Nature’ actually Scientology? Well, they have a Hubbard College in their HQ.    Longish article, but lots of interesting info. 

And related to what  you're actually getting for your $60 to $90 each month,  Balance of Nature was scorched by the FDA for shoddy operations and misleading statements in 2019.

Balance of Nature claims they have no relationship to Scientology...they just rent space to Hubbard College of Administration, but the article clarifies that, yup, it's Scientology.  

Which could also explain the initial money stream to buy all of that advertising. 

Edited by Howl
  • Thank You 5

@Howl thank you for the information about Balanace of Nature. I have seen them advertise a ton on social media.

I really wish something will come out and make the Co$ house of cards fall.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

• 3 months later...

I hadn't been following the trail. I suppose I feared that Scientology would once more be able to keep one of their creeps from getting justice. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

So this is a very basic question because I am not very familiar with Scientology. What does Scientology teach around sexual ethics? Do they have explicit teaching or is it more implied and inferred?

This is a short video about the verdict from journalist Tony Ortega who has been exposing the corrupt Scientology church for years now. He broke the story that women were trying to get the Los Angeles Police Department detectives to take their rape allegations seriously years ago.

Spoiler

This is a longer video between a youtuber and Tony Ortega:

Spoiler

Edited by FiveAcres
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

On 6/1/2023 at 1:01 PM, noseybutt said:

So this is a very basic question because I am not very familiar with Scientology. What does Scientology teach around sexual ethics? Do they have explicit teaching or is it more implied and inferred?

IIRC from Leah's book they don't talk much about it besides to say no premarital sex for sea org members and kids are treated as little adults. And if sea org members marry they must leave the sea org to have kids. I think she mentioned kids are "raised" communal. I don't remember if she mentioned other things like the IFB rules we often  talk about on this site. 

• Thank You 2

• 4 months later...

Usually, the Nashville Scientology building looks empty.  Today, it still looked pretty quiet, but they did have bouncy houses, so I guess they are recruiting children now.  They also put up new “come on in” signage.  There were only a couple of kids when I walked by.  

Spoiler

IMG_0457.thumb.jpeg.3c753ed926179bd2f6ab9d49b74e72b2.jpeg

• Thank You 2

43 minutes ago, CTRLZero said:

There were only a couple of kids when I walked by.  

Scientology sprogs? 

• Upvote 1

Reports are that Danny Masterson has been declared an SP.  Mike Rinder, et all don't know if he has officially been declared an SP or if Scientology is just saying that for PR purposes. 

• Thank You 2