IGNORED

Keller children and Duggar children

annalena

Kook-aid works for me.

Just speculation, but I'd guess any "breaking away" will not be done in a dramatic fashion. It will happen gradually with a number of them - especially the youngest third (Josie, Jordyn, Jennifer - when we finally gonna meet you, Jenny? - , Hannie, Jackson, and Justin) eventually ending up fairly far away from their parents' "ideals". 19 kids is just way too many to mind control effectively and by the time Josie and Jordyn turn 18, their parents will be into their 60's, assuming they are both alive and well then.

I wouldn't even rule out a kid or two turning out atheist. I personally think we're headed for an atheist revolution in this country within the next decade or two. With religious nutters completely in control of one of the two major political parties, and with more and more of us coming out of the godless closet, I think it's a matter of time before a good portion of the country finally says "enough is enough".

Indeed. Maybe the oldest third drank the Kool-Aid in one gulp, but the youngest third? JB and Michelle don't have the energy now, and they certainly won't once they're in their 60s... if Michelle is still around by then. Jackson and Hannie in particular have a lot of spunk, they'll definitely rebel.

As for the middle third... looks like Joy is refusing the Kool-Aid. Go Joy!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As Ladypuglover stated, I think it's dangerous & unfair to consider the sexual orientation of the Duggar kids. They will face the wrath of their family, if there are any questions. Besides, I really don't think that Joy-Anna wanting to wear pants is any indication of homosexuality. Maybe, or most likely, it's just her way of rebelling a little, as teenagers do. And that's a pretty mild rebellion, if you ask me.

You're right, didn't consider the fact the Duggars check this board. (Hi, Josh!)

I think wanting to wear pants would be considered a mild rebellion in any not-fundy family, but I think in THIS faimly, it'd be a milestone.

I think the older kids do have their own contracts and get paid, definitely Josh & Anna, and everyone over 18.But I think they "trust their father to make the best decision for them as a family" when it comes to money which really means they have no say in where it goes.

Do they even get allowance? Or do they have to walk up to their parents and ask for everything they want? I imagine 20-year-old Jana walking up to Michelle and saying "Mom! I want an ice cream!"

Just ridicolous.

On another note, can someone give me the link to Mack wearing pants and watching TV? Dying to see it.

I think the older kids do have their own contracts and get paid, definitely Josh & Anna, and everyone over 18.But I think they "trust their father to make the best decision for them as a family" when it comes to money which really means they have no say in where it goes.

Do they even get allowance? Or do they have to walk up to their parents and ask for everything they want? I imagine 20-year-old Jana walking up to Michelle and saying "Mom! I want an ice cream!"

Just ridicolous.

All the kids get allowance (according to their first book) for doing chores- oh, sorry, jurisdictions...- so I'd hope the Jslaves get paid well.

The Keller's only have 7 kids right? And most of them are older right? Because with the Duggar's the older girls have a lot of younger brothers and sisters to worry about, they've had a huge hand in raising these kids so I could see why they wouldn't want to totally abandon them.

And I also think money could be playing into this too, the Duggar's live a pretty cushy lifestyle. They do live in a nice house, get to go on lots of trip, dress normally, get to indulge in their personal interest a bit (getting fancy cameras, getting to be volunteer firefighters). I could see them being willing to play Cinderella for that.

All the kids get allowance (according to their first book) for doing chores- oh, sorry, jurisdictions...- so I'd hope the Jslaves get paid well.

I've read online that they get 3 cents per chore. I wouldn't consider that an allowance.

I've read online that they get 3 cents per chore. I wouldn't consider that an allowance.

I think that is for the younger kids, and it goes up as they get older. Though with the amount of chores they do, i'm sure it adds up :shock:

I agree with a few others that if anyone leaves, it will be one of the younger Duggars. Does Smuggar automatically become the head patriarch if JB dies? If so, I doubt he's competent enough to get the family to do what he says. I could see a couple of the older Duggars become a bit less conservative once they get married and move out, but it will be discreet as long as the show is on.

There's no reason for TLC to pay anyone who "volunteers" to be on a reality show. Josh aside (who is clearly draging his poor wife and babies around on these excursions for compensation), no adult child living under Boob's roof is going to stand up to him and demand personal compensation from TLC. Last time I checked, the children are not conisidered actors under Arkansas law, so TLC is not required be pay them anything. As for the few others who appear semi-regularly, Amy simply wants the attention, and Grandma doesn't strike me as someone who would demand anything from anyone. So my bet is two checks; the big one to Boob, the small one to Smugger.

You bring up good points. I don't think the laws in Arkansas have changed in regards to children actors. The underage Duggar kids have never and probably never will get their own paychecks.

Has to do with the size of the trailer they live in. A double wide is twice as wide as a standard trailer home. For those in trailer parks, the double wide homes are the mansions of the lot.

When my husband was stationed in NC, we thought the move would be temporary so we bought a double wide and an acre of land. It was the cheapest home we could find that would give us enough room. Sadly, five years later this cheaply built piece fo crap is falling apart and we have to invest money to fix it before we sell it.

But on the dimensions...it is 2500 sq feet and we have an acre of land. The cost was $100,000. If you only want a temporary home, the monthly cost was less than a similar home would have been to rent. So, it seemed like a good deal.

I have no idea why a family that had the funds for a swimming pool and a tennis court wouldn't build a real house instead. There are so many negative connotations about living in a trailer that it is embarrasing to admit you own one. Plus, they aren't safe during storms.

When my husband was stationed in NC, we thought the move would be temporary so we bought a double wide and an acre of land. It was the cheapest home we could find that would give us enough room. Sadly, five years later this cheaply built piece fo crap is falling apart and we have to invest money to fix it before we sell it.

But on the dimensions...it is 2500 sq feet and we have an acre of land. The cost was $100,000. If you only want a temporary home, the monthly cost was less than a similar home would have been to rent. So, it seemed like a good deal.

I have no idea why a family that had the funds for a swimming pool and a tennis court wouldn't build a real house instead. There are so many negative connotations about living in a trailer that it is embarrasing to admit you own one. Plus, they aren't safe during storms.

Woah, I had no idea lol- I didn't even connect that the Kellers live in a trailer :doh:.

My prediction is everyone for Joy Anna down leaves. I think it will go like this, Joy Anna will find out that she is unhappy and see Suze as an example that you can leave a fundie life and not be attacked my a lightening storm. She'll leave then you have all the kids beneath her who were not personally indoctrinated by J'shelle and boob and raised by TLC will be gone by age 21 max.I also wonder how Mackenzie and Mike will be bought up sure J and A are Qf but Mack wears pants hmmmm. If there are any older children that were to leave it will be Jessa, Jinger, and Jana. Jessa and Jinger I can see escaping solo but Jana will need a group

Has to do with the size of the trailer they live in. A double wide is twice as wide as a standard trailer home. For those in trailer parks, the double wide homes are the mansions of the lot.

Actually, triples are the mansions. I think each piece of a trailer may be no wider than 14 feet because it is trucked over roads to get to the site. To "fry" something could refer to a regular frying pan, but either way, it's supposed to be an insult, as "rich' folks "know better" than to eat fried food.

You bring up good points. I don't think the laws in Arkansas have changed in regards to children actors. The underage Duggar kids have never and probably never will get their own paychecks.

And the stupidity of reality shows is that they're not 'actors' :roll:

That's part of what the "gosslins w/o pity' were discussing fighting-the-good-fight for. Even if they change the laws re: child actors, reality show personality =/= actor. (discussed somewhat here)

I really think that Mack will be wearing more skirts once she's older. Isn't it not all that unusual for fundy toddlers to wear some type of pants under dresses/longer tops? I mean surely that's more modest than a skirt for kids prone to toppling over, crawling, etc.

I may be completely making this up, but I just see Mack's pants as a "Well she's still a baby" thing.

I think the pants pictures were in Suze's flicker or picasa or some sort of online photo album? From Thanksgiving? There was a thread about it a few months ago. At any rate, that's an intimate family occurrence, with fundy-lite or mainstream relatives around, as opposed to a public facade, right?

I think that Joy-Anna LOATHES her parents. She always looks miserable in.every.shot. I think she would be the one to leave. I also get the impression that Jessa Duggar doesn't really buy into this lifestyle either.

I really think that Mack will be wearing more skirts once she's older. Isn't it not all that unusual for fundy toddlers to wear some type of pants under dresses/longer tops? I mean surely that's more modest than a skirt for kids prone to toppling over, crawling, etc.

I may be completely making this up, but I just see Mack's pants as a "Well she's still a baby" thing.

I think the pants pictures were in Suze's flicker or picasa or some sort of online photo album? From Thanksgiving? There was a thread about it a few months ago. At any rate, that's an intimate family occurrence, with fundy-lite or mainstream relatives around, as opposed to a public facade, right?

Apparently, she wasn't shunned by her parents back then, but said in the other thread they probably wouldn't come to her wedding. She's also wearing jeans in a couple of pics and an immodest by Keller/Duggar standards (but very pretty!) white dress in the Easter pics that ends a little above the knee. :shock:

I think they watned to show the world how tolerant they are.

Btw, Anna looks super pretty in the pic where Mack is wearing pants.

Where is the pic where Mack is watching TV, supposedly sitting on a little chair or something?

You notice most of the Duggar children of adult age are female well John David isn't.John David

I have noticed doesn't seem to appear on the show much anymore.I wonder why? Anyway

you notice none of the girls work and beside Jana I believe none seem to moving on with

education either.I think maybe they think about leaving I am sure but feel they can't make

it without a male to care for them. They not allowed to date and probably won't

know to talk to a guy if they could. My guess is they sit around looking for prince charming

to show up on his white horse like in childhood story book and take them away so they be

good wifes and mothers.I sure if one of the girls or a few said they wanted to get a job

and live in their own apartment somewhere they be frowned on by JB and M. They would

probably be told they won't make it on their own or that is not acceptable for our girls. So

they follow directions and do what they told in order to not disappoint their parents.

I am also being to wonder about John David sexuality. I know he is bit shy but I watch

him and wonder sometimes is he straight.?

You notice most of the Duggar children of adult age are female well John David isn't.John David

I have noticed doesn't seem to appear on the show much anymore.I wonder why? Anyway

you notice none of the girls work and beside Jana I believe none seem to moving on with

education either.I think maybe they think about leaving I am sure but feel they can't make

it without a male to care for them. They not allowed to date and probably won't

know to talk to a guy if they could. My guess is they sit around looking for prince charming

to show up on his white horse like in childhood story book and take them away so they be

good wifes and mothers.I sure if one of the girls or a few said they wanted to get a job

and live in their own apartment somewhere they be frowned on by JB and M. They would

probably be told they won't make it on their own or that is not acceptable for our girls. So

they follow directions and do what they told in order to not disappoint their parents.

I am also being to wonder about John David sexuality. I know he is bit shy but I watch

me and wonder sometimes is he straight.?

I think John David seems to feel uncomfortable being on camera at times. The Duggar boy has pinged my gaydar is Josiah.

I think John David seems to feel uncomfortable being on camera at times. The Duggar boy has pinged my gaydar is Josiah.

Thought we weren't talking about this anymore.

Archived