IGNORED

Keller children and Duggar children

annalena

She's my second bet.

Also the number one bet for someone to reject the clothing conventions and wear defrauding jeans. She's forced into this girly girl role that isn't her.

Folks, we already know the Duggars read here so please don't make guesses on which child is gay. The reason being these children could get into a ton of trouble and sent to some camp or prayer closet to pray the gay out of them. All because you think a child might grow up to be gay or may not be gay. Either way you look at it is an innocent child would be punished in some way because someone on the net thinks s/he comes across gay. Leave the kids alone and stick to snarking on the adults only. Kids are always off limits on FJ.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joy-Anna acts like my daughters and I don't think that either of them are gay. (ALthough I wouldn't be upset if they were)

Joy-Anna seems to have a lot of spirit and the family isn't helping her by dampening that spark.

Folks, we already know the Duggars read here so please don't make guesses on which child is gay. The reason being these children could get into a ton of trouble and sent to some camp or prayer closet to pray the gay out of them. All because you think a child might grow up to be gay or may not be gay. Either way you look at it is an innocent child would be punished in some way because someone on the net thinks s/he comes across gay. Leave the kids alone and stick to snarking on the adults only. Kids are always off limits on FJ.

Agreed.

I don't think the Kellers were very poor, I mean I remember reading that 'wedding insider' scoop by Anna's sister's husband, and he said the Kellers live on a property with a tennis court and swimming pool. Still, obviously, they would not be as wealthy as the Duggars. I do believe the money is a central reason as to why none of the Duggars have left, but also I think the fact that they are famous comes into it. It would make it a lot harder to leave- can you imagine the TV interviews, offers of book deals, etc...it would be a nightmare (unless it was Smuggar, who would thrive off the attention.)

I don't think the Kellers were very poor, I mean I remember reading that 'wedding insider' scoop by Anna's sister's husband, and he said the Kellers live on a property with a tennis court and swimming pool. Still, obviously, they would not be as wealthy as the Duggars. I do believe the money is a central reason as to why none of the Duggars have left, but also I think the fact that they are famous comes into it. It would make it a lot harder to leave- can you imagine the TV interviews, offers of book deals, etc...it would be a nightmare (unless it was Smuggar, who would thrive off the attention.)

I probably have them confused with someone else but don't they live in a double wide?

I probably have them confused with someone else but don't they live in a double wide?

I believe it's a double-wide with a tennis court. It's also in north central Florida, where real estate is still relatively inexpensive. I think Ocala is the nearest city.

I believe it's a double-wide with a tennis court. It's also in north central Florida, where real estate is still relatively inexpensive. I think Ocala is the nearest city.

A double wide with a tennis court just seems odd to me.

I think Jana suffers from depression. She seems so unhappy.

She can stay with her parents and raise their kids or get married and raise 10--20 more....I'd be depressed too!

A double wide with a tennis court just seems odd to me.

Gosh! I thought it was a single-wide! That's better than I thought!

I think the $$ keeps the Duggar kids on the party line. If they'd stayed in the old house I'm sure some would have fled.

I actually know someone with a (nice) double-wide and an in-ground pool. I think it's just another living option, particularly in the South, where apartment complexes aren't common in rural areas so it's pretty much the only alternative to a house.

I actually know someone with a (nice) double-wide and an in-ground pool. I think it's just another living option, particularly in the South, where apartment complexes aren't common in rural areas so it's pretty much the only alternative to a house.

Double wides or prefab homes now in days are quite nice. Here in New Mexico many people who have a bit of land choose trailers or prefabs over building houses for different reasons. It is possible to have a prefab home and still have other nice things.

Agree. If it's true Joy wants to wear jeans, it's indicative of nothing more than she doesn't want to forced into a role that doesn't suit her. And that she likes being comfortable. It has nothing to do with sexual orientation, and I'd guess that most of us who were 14 year old girls at one time lived in jeans at that age. And that many still do.

And Jackson is just a little boy with a sweet nature. Due to their closeness in age, Hannie is his best friend - and a bit of a bossy little best friend at that - and I'm sure he goes along with her ideas. But to read anything regarding future sexual orientation into this is just wrong. I'd hate Jim Bob to read something like this, and say "that's it, we're turning him into a man right now!"

I'm glad that they have a gay relative to turn to in the quite likely event some of them are gay themselves. It would hopefully mean any who did come out had someone to turn to and knew that they weren't alone in their feelings. Personally, I think Jackson might be... he is very effeminate and definitely seems to be more one of the girls when the kids are playing. You don't see him so much with Jason, James and Justin. I really hope that if that is the case he isn't totally driven out of the family, though I'm not hopeful. I think he might leave, anyway. He and Johannah seem to have plenty of spunk and haven't been drowned in Kool-Aid yet.

The only reason they haven't drowned in the Kool-Aid is because TLC is keeping them afloat. They see the crew quite often, and Johannah knows that some women are doctors. Jackson doesn't strike me as effeminate. He is only what, 7? Admittedly I don't watch the show regularly; I know more about JB and Michelle than I do any of their offspring other than Josie. I have a feeling that it's going to be harder anyway to grind Jackson and Johannah (and the other younger ones) into the dust like they have the older ones- hell, it doesn't even seem to have worked all that well with Josh, who watches TV and movies and lets his daughter wear pants.

Jackson does not strike me as more effeminate than my own 7yo son, and I don't think Malcolm is gay. It just seems odd because Jackson is within that context of strict gender separation. I don't discourage playing with other-gendered toys; in fact I have told my 9yo daughter that she is not to discuss it at school (and cause him to be teased) or she is dealing with a very angry me. But he probably is just a soft-hearted little guy who will grow up to be a heterosexual male who rocks his babies to sleep. I had a kid in my 2yo class who wore a tutu every single day and he is now the star of his football team.

I imagine all the adult children have to sign the TLC contract for themselves. JB and J'chelle can sign for the kids, but the older kids are legally obligated to the contract. I suspect when the show is cancelled we might see the older kids leaving shortly thereafter.

So if the older children are signing contracts, does this mean they are also getting their own money? If that's the case, it may be easier for them to leave than the minor children.

On the other hand, if they are getting their own paychecks, I'm sure Boob has it socked away so they don't have access to their own money, especially the girls. If any of the older ones were to leave, they might have to leave penniless, then go back and sue Boob for their fare share(now that would be interesting to watch!).

It is possible that they don't get their own money. For instance, on J&K+8, Aunt Jodi was on the show all the time in the earlier seasons. TLC didn't offer to give her money until she was a regular. Even then, Kate managed to keep it from happening.

It's possible that there is one lump payment given care of JB Duggar and they are supposed to divide it. The little kids are never seeing a damn dime, unless they write the tell-all book of the decade.

What is a double wide/ single wide? :?

Where I live tennis court + swimming pool = rich lol, so I just assumed (I know, I know never assume...)

It is possible that they don't get their own money. For instance, on J&K+8, Aunt Jodi was on the show all the time in the earlier seasons. TLC didn't offer to give her money until she was a regular. Even then, Kate managed to keep it from happening.

It's possible that there is one lump payment given care of JB Duggar and they are supposed to divide it. The little kids are never seeing a damn dime, unless they write the tell-all book of the decade.

There's no reason for TLC to pay anyone who "volunteers" to be on a reality show. Josh aside (who is clearly draging his poor wife and babies around on these excursions for compensation), no adult child living under Boob's roof is going to stand up to him and demand personal compensation from TLC. Last time I checked, the children are not conisidered actors under Arkansas law, so TLC is not required be pay them anything. As for the few others who appear semi-regularly, Amy simply wants the attention, and Grandma doesn't strike me as someone who would demand anything from anyone. So my bet is two checks; the big one to Boob, the small one to Smugger.

As Ladypuglover stated, I think it's dangerous & unfair to consider the sexual orientation of the Duggar kids. They will face the wrath of their family, if there are any questions. Besides, I really don't think that Joy-Anna wanting to wear pants is any indication of homosexuality. Maybe, or most likely, it's just her way of rebelling a little, as teenagers do. And that's a pretty mild rebellion, if you ask me.

It does seem that several of the kids are unhappy. I really don't know if any of them will ever break-away though. Certainly, I don't see any of them becoming atheists. We all know that Jill (or was it Jana?) was sent away for re-programming when she seemed depressed. Also, as the name of our site states, we once considered Jinger to be spunky & feisty enough to maybe break-away. Seeing as she's clearly downed the kook-aid since then, chances are any kid showing similar spunk or "attitude" (although mild attitude), will be sent away to "camp" for a bit.

I don't think Deanna or cousin Oliver will ever take in even one of the kids. I don't think they have any issue with the way Duggar kids live.

I meant to say kool-aid not "kook-aid" as my previous post stated, but I refuse to edit it. It just seems so appropriate. ;)

What is a double wide/ single wide? :?

Where I live tennis court + swimming pool = rich lol, so I just assumed (I know, I know never assume...)

Pretty sure it refers to a deep-fryer, but I'm only taking my cues from the movie "Sweet Home Alabama." "Oh go back to your double-wide & fry something."

Pretty sure it refers to a deep-fryer, but I'm only taking my cues from the movie "Sweet Home Alabama." "Oh go back to your double-wide & fry something."

Has to do with the size of the trailer they live in. A double wide is twice as wide as a standard trailer home. For those in trailer parks, the double wide homes are the mansions of the lot.

So if the older children are signing contracts, does this mean they are also getting their own money? If that's the case, it may be easier for them to leave than the minor children.

On the other hand, if they are getting their own paychecks, I'm sure Boob has it socked away so they don't have access to their own money, especially the girls. If any of the older ones were to leave, they might have to leave penniless, then go back and sue Boob for their fare share(now that would be interesting to watch!).

After reading how the Bates family handles their money (patriarch in charge) I don't see the Duggars being any different, despite the disparity in their incomes. JD may get to keep money he makes from his business, IF he reinvests it in the business, but I imagine all other earnings from all the adult kids (conveniently the rest are girls) goes straight into Boob's pocket. Even if the checks are direct-deposited into an account in their name, I have no doubts whatsoever that Boob has access to their bank accounts and can withdraw as much of their earnings as he wants "to support the family."

I meant to say kool-aid not "kook-aid" as my previous post stated, but I refuse to edit it. It just seems so appropriate. ;)

Kook-aid works for me.

Just speculation, but I'd guess any "breaking away" will not be done in a dramatic fashion. It will happen gradually with a number of them - especially the youngest third (Josie, Jordyn, Jennifer - when we finally gonna meet you, Jenny? - , Hannie, Jackson, and Justin) eventually ending up fairly far away from their parents' "ideals". 19 kids is just way too many to mind control effectively and by the time Josie and Jordyn turn 18, their parents will be into their 60's, assuming they are both alive and well then.

I wouldn't even rule out a kid or two turning out atheist. I personally think we're headed for an atheist revolution in this country within the next decade or two. With religious nutters completely in control of one of the two major political parties, and with more and more of us coming out of the godless closet, I think it's a matter of time before a good portion of the country finally says "enough is enough".

Archived