IGNORED

Sister Wives 7: One Down and Three to Go

Coconut Flan

4 hours ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

Plus Robyn gets to act all righteous and preach qbout how she wept and prayed and implored Christine to keep a righteous testimony or something. Robyn is all about appearances. 

Speaking of appearances, OMG you guys!  Robyn is on national TV showing herself (yet again) to be a monstrous hag and showcasing her two monstrous hag-in-training daughters, Drizella and Anastasia. She (they) have no shame! Hopefully it is for ratings and they are not this awful as they death stare Christine and snub Truely.

We might give these girls a little sympathy because they live in isolation and have been infected with attitudes from their righteous, rage-filled parents. Their living situation makes Meri's bell tower look inviting.

I would make Kody go to court to iron out visitation for Truely. I would do what I could to keep my daughter from staying in the same house with Robyn & Co. It seems to be a very psychologically unsafe place. I hope Robyn's kids find their way away from this toxic environment.

• Upvote 10

My heart is broken for Truely. How can these people treat a little girl like this? Where are the emotionally mature adults?! 

Edited by displayname
added last sentence
  • Upvote 7
  • Sad 1

On 11/20/2022 at 12:17 PM, saywhat7 said:

New to this topic and I am an occasional watcher. Why is Robyn acting so upset about Christine leaving?  

As others mentioned, money and control.  But also - I think of all of the adults, Robyn might be the one who still believes in the theology behind polygamy... that the more wives Kody has, the nicer the kingdom /planet he and his family will have in the afterlife.  Christine pulling away actually means a less nice heaven for Robyn (in her belief system).  I think this is why she seems so distraught about 'what I wanted' and 'everything I worked for.'  

On top of that, she knows that most of the adult children would rather spend holidays with Christine than with her and Kody.  The big family parties aren't going away but they will be in Utah rather than in Flagstaff and Robyn won't be invited. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

10 hours ago, displayname said:

My heart is broken for Truely. How can these people treat a little girl like this? Where are the emotionally mature adults?! 

I don't think a narcissist like Kody is capable of the attachment to his children the rest of us experience. Plus, she is a child of Christine, who he doesn't like, so a few demerits there. Before Truely was born, Kody became enamored with Robyn and her kids and poor Truely remained an afterthought on the Kody priority list.

Then, since covid, Robyn and Kody acted like Truely had leprosy and refused to let her enter their hyper-sanitary home, despite Christine imploring them to let Truely visit her siblings, so as to punish Christine for her noncompliance to Kody's rules (Note Meri followed the rules but was still not allowed to visit). 

However, then Christine at long last shit-canned Kody and Truely became a hot commodity in the Kody "I am a victim" game, a pawn to manipulate Christine.

If, indeed, it was Mylkelti's idea (as opposed to TLC's) to have this tragical goodbye party for Christine, it was arranged in such short order no one thought to prioritize the focus was to say goodbye to Truely. Including Meri, who said what was the purpose of her attendance since Christine didn't want a relationship with her. She is clearly atached to neither Christine nor Truely and had no ability to honor Christine's past contribution to the family.

So, in answer to your question @displayname, the kind of people who do this are self-involved, distracted by Kody's histrionics,and forgetting to prioritize saying goodbye to Truely. As far as Kody refusing to let his golden children hug leper Truely (on national TV), what an a------! I fear another person with no soul.

• Upvote 15
  • Love 1

Mykelti's People photo spread with her twins is out - https://people.com/parents/sister-wives-mykelti-brown-husband-tony-welcome-twin-sons-exclusive/.  Names are Archer and Ace.... sounds like they are going with an 'A' theme (although I don't know if they'll have any more kids).  There's a pic in there with Robyn holding the babies so I guess she and Mykelti are still close now. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

A psychologist analyzes the demise of Christine and Kody's marriage. I found it pretty interesting. I haven't kept up with this season, and just reading ya'll comments makes me not want to. Last season I almost threw my remote at the TV several times and based on what I've read and the few clips I've watched I don't know if my tv would survive! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBQCMs9OVwg

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, ifosterkittens said:

A psychologist analyzes the demise of Christine and Kody's marriage. I found it pretty interesting. I haven't kept up with this season, and just reading ya'll comments makes me not want to. Last season I almost threw my remote at the TV several times and based on what I've read and the few clips I've watched I don't know if my tv would survive! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBQCMs9OVwg

@ifosterkittens, how I have missed your recaps! While I get mad at Kody this season, I got a lot more worked up, remote hurling, last season.

Speaking of Dr. David Calorossi, the psychologist from Pop Psch who comments on Sister Wives, says the amount of anger Kody exhibits is normal in a divorce. I, myself, got divorced once and didn't act like that (too busy dancing in the driveway in a red housecoat) but each to their own. Both Christine and Janell both agree they have never seen Kody act like this. They know him best, so I believe them. It is good to know that ranting and rampaging like a crazed loon is not normal for Kody.

ETA I love, love, love Archer and Ace and welcome happy news for the beleaguered Brown family.

ETA for the love of God, take that pacifier away from Ariella - she's in school!

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

10 hours ago, Cheetah said:

There's a pic in there with Robyn holding the babies so I guess she and Mykelti are still close now. 

Robyn's eyebrows look slightly less hideous in that picture, so apparently she realized that we were all laughing at her having two sperm swimming over her eyes. Lol.

I also hate the fact that there is a picture of her on that article like SHE is the grandparent and not Christine, or even Kody.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2

Kody made a comment about how Ariella is so brave and gregarious and "a little girl that he is really quite proud of" 

And it just sounded so smug and awful... Like he has 17 other children but this is a little girl that he is really quite proud of. 

What do his kids think when he sees him on the show in his talking heads? Do they ever just want to throat punch him? 

• Upvote 12

It seems he only gets what little he gets from the non-Robyn kids because he is their father and they don't cut him out of their lives completely.  They do things with their mothers and siblings.  I think he's lost the respect and caring from almost all his biological children.  Solomon even shows little sign already of respecting Kody.  So Kody gets Robyn's brainwashed or Robyn trained daughters.  All Kody now recognizes as respect and what he wants is the ridiculous fawning behavior Robyn teachers her girls. 

I'm guessing if they watch the show and see what Kody says, it only reinforces the opinion of the majority of his kids that he's a world class jerk and they're basically better off without him.  

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 11

I’ve said this multiple times but Kody acts like a man divorced 3 times with 3 baby moms, and a current 4th wife. He prioritizes his current family and wife. If his exes and kids from previous marriages want to see him, they have to make the effort. Because he’s currently only interested in putting effort into his 4th wife and their family. 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 8

13 hours ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

I also hate the fact that there is a picture of her on that article like SHE is the grandparent and not Christine, or even Kody.

I wonder if Mykelti as a teen got a lot of miles out of befriending Robyn in terms of teeanage rebellion and separating from her mom, developing individualism? However it happened, Mykelti seems the only non-Robyn child who likes Robyn. Gwen seems to like her dad and relates to him as a person. The boys have noped out, but I think Kody treats them worse.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

I'm not sure how much Gwen likes her dad the way she discussing him on SM.

• Upvote 8

I've been glued to this show all season and I'm watching it as soon as I can on Sunday mornings now (on some Facebook tv site since I don't have Discovery Plus) rather than waiting until it's out on Hulu.  Anyone else?  

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

I’m actually watching it on TLC with commercials because I don’t have Discovery +. This is the only show I watch on live tv, but it’s been so good this season. 
I’ve been back and forth about whether I think Janelle left or is planning to leave Kody, but they’re certainly setting it up that way. All of his garbage about only loving women who respect him (aka obey him) is disgusting and I think she’d be better off without him. As it stood a year ago when this footage was filmed, he was only creating problems for her and ridiculing her.

• Upvote 6

I think the real definition of Kody getting "respect" is to fawn over him no matter that it's fake.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

12 hours ago, Cheetah said:

I've been glued to this show all season and I'm watching it as soon as I can on Sunday mornings now (on some Facebook tv site since I don't have Discovery Plus) rather than waiting until it's out on Hulu.  Anyone else?  

Yep me 🙋‍♀️🙋‍♀️ I am 2 years into a separation/divorce and am really relating to Christine’s journey and growth. And I am seeing the same with Janelle the last few episodes. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 2

8 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

I think the real definition of Kody getting "respect" is to fawn over him (ROBYN) no matter that it's fake. 

Fixed that for you.

I really hope Janelle leaves.  And I hope she spills the tea on all the 'extra expenses' she mentioned on her way out.  

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 2

Janelle definitely seems like she’s left, if not technically - whatever that means for her- than in all other ways. Her angry comment last night ( which would have been recorded about a year ago) - that Kody has a house -with Robyn- and she doesn’t - certainly sounded like he was barely a visitor. And he was being such an unbelievable jerk when she was showing him her house plans! For a very nicely planned, small, reasonable home - on the plot of land HE dragged them all to 4 years ago. 

Christine and Janelle give the impression they are an extended family unit with all their kids. Most of the adult kids seem to feel the same. Maybe more like close sisters instead of sister wives now. With their own lives,and friends  but frequently hanging out alone or with their kids - plus they own that health supplement business - so spend a lot of time together.  

I just rewatched the 1st episode, what was Kody thinking adding Robyn?? They had been a family unit for 16 years, all the kids functioned as one set of siblings - and then you throw in an entirely new family? Why? I know the dynamics were a lot more complicated and often hostile than first let on- but the kids at least seemed to be happy as a group.

Seems like he had a basic mid-life crises affair . In any other scenario he would have left his wife and kids or quit the affair, not made the current family uproot and revolve around the new one. 

Edited by Mama Mia
  • Upvote 18

1 hour ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

Fixed that for you.

I really hope Janelle leaves.  And I hope she spills the tea on all the 'extra expenses' she mentioned on her way out. 

No thank you.  I intended exactly what I said.  Robyn has taught at least her daughters to fawn over Kody so they are the preferred children.  They give KODY the "respect"/fawning he desires.  The issue with Robyn is a different factor. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

I stopped watching sometime in the middle of them living in Vegas- I believe Janelle's son had just started college. I started back up this year because I was so intrigued that Christine left him. So why did he move them all to Vegas? What was the motivation there?

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

I stopped watching sometime in the middle of them living in Vegas- I believe Janelle's son had just started college. I started back up this year because I was so intrigued that Christine left him. So why did he move them all to Vegas? What was the motivation there?

Do you mean why did they move to Flagstaff/ away from Vegas?  There are several answers to that.  Kody said he wanted to leave Vegas because it was too hot, no one really liked it, and they wanted to settle somewhere a bit less busy while the kids were still young enough to make the new place their home.  There were also theories going around about possible balloon mortgages coming due on the Vegas properties (although I think someone dug deeply enough to debunk that, but don't quote me on that) and also that new gun sales legislation that was introduced in Nevada after the Las Vegas shooting meant that he'd have to travel further for his side business (selling at gun shows).  Why to Flagstaff?  The official answer was that it's lovely there and all of the wives liked it.  Unofficially there's a lot of speculation that Robyn's oldest, Dayton, decided to attend UNA in Flagstaff before the family decided to move there so Robyn put her thumb on the scale to move there for him.  Not sure there's actual evidence that it happened in that order vs him deciding on UNA after the family decided to move there but could be. 

• Upvote 5

16 hours ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

Fixed that for you.

//Off topic// but the “fixed it for you” responses are a really crappy way to communicate.

Posters say what they say.

There are a million ways to disagree without passive aggressively altering their words.

Imagination, people. It’s a beautiful thing.

• Upvote 2
  • Move Along 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank You 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic