IGNORED

Sister Wives 7: One Down and Three to Go

Coconut Flan

Is Janelle's baby still with her? She might be waiting for Savannah to graduate high school before a big life move. Wasn't it her son that had all the trouble with moving? She might not want to put Savannah though another school change.

Edited by displayname
added the last two sentences
  • Upvote 5

Both of Janelles son's had problems with moving. Hunter to Las Vegas and Gabriel to Flagstaff. Kody is a selfish, heartless man. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, gustava said:

Does anyone know if Janelle's eldest son married?

I think he's engaged to his longterm gf currently, but Logan is private so a discrete wedding wouldn't be surprising. 

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, gustava said:

Does anyone know if Janelle's eldest son married?

Aspyn and Mykelti were at a Bachelorette weekend for his fiancé recently, so the wedding is probably soon. I’m guessing a week or so after Janelle and Christine get back from Hawaii.

• Upvote 6

Did anyone watch on Sunday? Did Kody actually make comments about how he doesn't "babysit" his kids because it essentially isn't worth his very valuable time? 

Did Robyn actually say that she needed a nanny so that she wouldn't bother Kody? 

I'm starting to get the impression that they don't even care about trying to be likable anymore (especially Kody) 

ETA 

Christine and Hunter went out for a steak dinner and looked to be having a FABULOUS time. Her investment in those relationships is so clear and good to see. It's obvious how much the kids respect her and care about her which to me speaks volumes. I would be interested to see though if her and Leon still have any type of relationship (I hope that Leon and Gwendolyn have a relationship and have been able to help each other untangle any knots between their upbringing/early culture and identity) 

Edited by LacyMay
  • Upvote 10

• 2 weeks later...

So Kody wants patriarchy now that Christine left? lol. Whatever Kody. Maybe Robyn will do that but I’m pretty positive Janelle won’t. He can’t handle the loss of control. 

• Upvote 15

18 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

So Kody wants patriarchy now that Christine left? lol. Whatever Kody. Maybe Robyn will do that but I’m pretty positive Janelle won’t. He can’t handle the loss of control. 

Exactly. Plus it is easier for Kody to be angry,  puff up and boss everybody than to actually engage and invest in his family relationships. He apparently didn't learn anything when he alienated his family with his patriarchal approach to his "covid protocol".

• Upvote 11

The show we want and deserve is Janelle and Christine traveling and having adventures together. I don't care what Kody and Robyn are doing.

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

What's really striking me about Kody on the show is that he's always talking about the divorce and how *angry* he is that Christine is leaving. 

It's never hurt, regret, guilt, fear it's always ANGER. 

It's abundantly clear that he's not upset about losing Christine. He's pissed that someone said no to him and set boundaries. 

At least Robyn seems to be sad about Christine leaving. Even if she doesn't give a fig she has the good sense to pretend for the cameras. 

Edited by LacyMay
  • Upvote 22
  • I Agree 1

Kody was how dare she tell him to stay out of her bedroom, to move his stuff to the garage, and tell him she was moving all without asking him.  That seemed his biggest problem.  She made decisions without asking for his permission.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

Kody is demented with rage that that Christine is leaving, Janelle decided where she would be living and bought a RV and Meri won’t go live in Parowan.

He seems obsessed with the idea that he can somehow get control of his wives and children by being a patriarchal head of the household. That time has passed and will never return. He looks increasingly unhinged.

• Upvote 20

There is a new teaser article on people, Kody again comes off looking like a twit. 

Christine talks about how Kody gave Ysabel a nice reliable good car for her graduation that will be good for driving across the country. She invited Kody to come with them, Kody declined. 

Kody complains that every time he is with Ysabel he has to work *so hard* to draw her out of herself and complains that she doesn't like him. He assumes it's because he didn't go with her to her surgery and that Ysabel just doesn't understand that he has people who rely on him. He also blames Christine for turning Ysabel against him. 

Does he ever take personal responsibility for anything? You are the PARENT it is your job to work to have a relationship with your kids. It is not the responsibility of the kid to make your life easier and stroke your hurt feelings and ego. 

He's starting to remind me of JRod 

Same shitty hair same shitty personality. 

• Upvote 19
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 3

omfg this show! 😡 I have thoughts. 

Kody is so incredibly fucked up as a father. Kody didn’t go to Ysabel’s surgery, and he didn’t  help take her to college.  He forgot Ysabel’s age at her birthday party. Day to day forgetting is pretty natural (I honestly forget my OWN age fairly often), but on her birthday, the DAY of her party? He couldn’t check beforehand? After he missed her incredibly huge and important back surgery?  Those X-rays were awful, and he asked if she could postpone the surgery?
And because Kody is the best at being the worst, episode 7 (s17), he also gets Truely’s age wrong. Clearly the reason he’s having issues with his kids is because Christine “has their ear” and is “poisoning the well.” NOTHING to do with Kody and his actions. Just Christine being jealous!  (If she weren’t becoming independent and being honest with herself and the situation, I wouldn’t be able to watch. I’d destroy my screen in the attempt.)

I had to ignore this series for awhile, but now that Christine is leaving — I’m definitely back. I LOVE how she is keeping her composure and boundaries. 
I also love how Kody’s adult children are holding him accountable for his actions. They are so (rightfully) angry with him, and he just cannot comprehend their words or feelings. It truly amazes me that he can physically hear his children and his wives saying what everyone can see: he favors Robyn and her children.  Yet he absolutely refuses to even entertain such an idea. His reality is the only one.

It’s also interesting to see Robyn working so hard to defend him. She validates his delusion that he spends equal time with all families, and ensures she’s the most obedient wife. Gross, but fascinating. She just rolls her eyes when people say Kody favors her and then begins the excuses. 

Love the editors who juxtaposed Kody hanging onto a negative statement about polygamy from Christine from a decade ago with the assertion that he never holds grudges. Sure, douche.  😂 

We’ve also known Kody as a patriarchal asshole for quite some time, so he must be flabbergasted to suddenly have wives AND grown children challenge him. Flabbergasted, but not intrigued enough to consider their issues or that they might have a valid perspective.

With three wives, he could play them against one another. Everyone vied for his attention; he was still the prize. Once he fell in love with Robyn, everyone saw what they were missing out on. Plus he objectively spent more time with her, despite his lies to the contrary. He was the one who wrecked the family structure.

His lack of respect for women is showing pretty blatantly lately too. Respect shown to Tony, a son in law, yet Kody’s comfortable yelling at the woman moderator at the end of season recap (this was probably season 16, I think). He tries to listen to his sons occasionally, though those still disappoint him by failing to respect his authority (please read in Cartman from south park’s voice). Kody is so incredibly angry and yell-y lately.

Robyn is probably putting up with a lot, though that doesn’t make me like her.  He is really comfortable being angry and seems to consider it somehow righteous. He doesn’t worry about being seen as hysterical or out of control (those issues are for women) because he perceives himself as rational and right. He doesn’t seem physically violent, but emotional violence permeates the households. Managing his anger must take a lot of work. 
But Robyn wanted the greatest proximity and access to that asshole, so now she’s dealing with his shit. Sounds...appropriate.

Kody is angry because he’s losing control, and he likes control. He hasn’t liked Christine in a long time, but he enjoyed being able to control her. She followed his directives for a very long time. Now she isn’t. As a result, he’s trying everything available from the Shitty Manipulative Husband playbook: she didn’t have “permission” to move him out of her house; he paid for her home and furniture (did you really, Kody? Or did she and her children and the rest of your family trade their privacy for a paycheck at your behest?); she’s been bitter for years and therefore he couldn’t ever be nice to her either so it’s all her fault; she’s not obedient enough to earn his affection (and he can get that from Robyn, so it’s not like he suffers); she isn’t looking at the situation the right way/honestly (then he attempts to completely gaslight her); she must want or have a new man, one who is after not just her money BUT ALSO Kody’s AND she’s too dumb and desperate to see the deception (only Kody can keep her safe from danger). Of course his major attempt at control is seen via Truely, a daughter he barely sees. NOW it’s a big deal for him to have equal time with her. 🙄

ETA: she also didn’t cook and clean enough for him to want to visit! Is she even a wife at that point? Poor Kody. 🙄

ETA II: she wasn’t a good mother, because she wouldn’t schedule tests for their 17 year old. These were the Covid tests that would allow Kody to visit in person. Their nearly adult daughter already deduced that Kody wouldn’t visit and/or her time with Janelle’s children was more important than occasional Kody visits. So, you know, that was just another case of Christine using the kids to be mean to Kody. How dare she. /s

I love seeing the wives and kids stand up to him. I adore seeing him lose control as the adults around him make decisions based on what’s best for them as individuals, not based on Kody’s harebrained schemes. I love that Kody complains about loyalty, but the adult children are all loyal to the women who raised them. He is reaping everything he sowed and I am THRILLED. Just glorious to behold. 
I confess that a small, unevolved part of me would love it if one of his sons beat his ass. But I’ve been reminding myself that the long term, slow burn of his kids’ disinterest will be much, much better. Christine and Janelle’s kids are almost entirely focused on their mothers, because they were the ones who raised them and invested in them. Kody really wanted Janelle to evict her sons during covid, since they were over 18 and not following his rules. Who would forget that? He is slowly getting what he deserves, and it’ll keep unfolding over the rest of his life.  Maybe, just maybe, but highly unlikely, he could one day have a realization about how this is the universe holding him accountable for his actions and that his abominable behavior has had negative effects. 

Edited by apandaaries
  • Upvote 28
  • Love 2

Wow.  Just WOW.  Thank you, apandaaries, for the recap.  Any idea how much of Kodouche on TV is real and how much is manufactured for the script?  That he is an ass is definitely real, but what about the anger?

• Upvote 1

On 10/13/2022 at 5:06 PM, LacyMay said:

Kody complains that every time he is with Ysabel he has to work *so hard* to draw her out of herself and complains that she doesn't like him. He assumes it's because he didn't go with her to her surgery and that Ysabel just doesn't understand that he has people who rely on him. He also blames Christine for turning Ysabel against him. 

(snip)

Maybe, if he actually was a dad, instead of playing one on tv, his relationship with her would be better? Just an idea...

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

He really is thick as a brick. COVID was not a good enough excuse not to go with your daughter to her vitally important surgery. There are masks, and you are not immuno-compromised. How lame would you excuse have been if not for COVID? How sad that I know you would have come up with one. Edit: I popped over to Reditt. They brought up Kody going to his buddy's wedding instead of driving Ysabel to college. So he has zero shame absolutely none. 

Edited by Pecansforeveryone
Add a thought
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

A cooking “show” with Christine on the TLC YouTube channel just appeared in my feed  She’s cooking with Mykelti 

• Thank You 1

Ysabel’s x-rays were so intense. That poor girl. Not only did Kody not go, he also complained about the timing and asked if it was really necessary. Had he spent any time with her, he’d be aware of her considerable chronic pain. Had he valued her, he would have prioritized her physical health. He would have put her first. He wouldn’t have whined that he wouldn’t be able to attend. He wouldn’t have been worried Ysabel might be mad at him later due to his neglectful parenting. He would have just gone, no excuses. 

The fact that he then breaks his sacred Covid protocol to officiate a wedding after missing the surgery — what a selfish, reprehensible bastard. May he get exactly what he deserves in life. 

Regarding the anger: Kody seems pretty comfortable with both the feeling and expressing it. He’s mad at Christine and the loss of prestige — a wife actually left him. His homes are in such disarray that he actually has to deal with it, and not leave it to the wives to solve. 
[Obviously I have a Kody bias: I have more respect for a dirty trash can than I have for him. At least that hypothetical trash can serves a purpose! Kody is useless at best, destructive and cruel at worst.]

He is often irate on the show, and Robyn mentioned how upset he gets, and alluded to loud moments in the household. Again, I doubt he’s physically violent, but he seems the type to underestimate the impact of yelling and angry speech. 

What was telling to me was his aggression toward the interviewer and his loud insistence she recant the word “abandoned.” That, along with the rest of his bluster (“anyone who says I hold a grudge doesn’t know me!” Etc.), indicates his obvious assertion/assumption of power over this mere woman interviewing him.

He’s also deflecting like crazy and projecting his actions on others (ie, he keeps badmouthing Christine and generally being awful, then says Christine MUST be turning the kids against him. Too bad everyone can see how she tries to foster a relationship between kids and Kody, while he is absent). 
We know he can be respectful: he is to Tony, Mykelti’s man. He’s not bad with his sons. But he always seems to try to control and command situations with women. Superiority complex, I imagine, combined with general misogynist attitudes. He has all the confidence of a mediocre white male, even though he’s not even mediocre. It’s something to behold.

• Upvote 18

Kody has driven me to do something I never thought I would do…yell at my tv like an insane woman! He is an absolutely horrible man and I wish he could hear all the nasty things I yelled at him.  I’m one of those ridiculously optimistic people who can find at least one or two redeeming qualities in everyone, but I admire absolutely nothing about this vile man. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

3 hours ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

COVID was not a good enough excuse not to go with your daughter to her vitally important surgery. There are masks, and you are not immuno-compromised. How lame would you excuse have been if not for COVID?

Even with COVID his excuse was lame and held up like wet tissue paper. Apparently if he was away from Sol and Ariella for more than 72 hours they would forget who he was. Legitimately the 9 and 4.5 year old apparently would just you know forget who there father was after 3 days. That was his reasoning. He might have had to have been away from them.

If he just sucked at being a parent it would be one thing. But his blatant favoritism is just gross 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic