IGNORED

Sister Wives 7: One Down and Three to Go

Coconut Flan

12 hours ago, Merry One said:

This is an odd thing to say about someone I only know through a tv screen, but I am proud of Christine. It takes courage to stand up for yourself when your entire adult life has been spent being mistreated by a narcissistic bully. I hope that she has many happy years ahead of her. 

I agree.  I think she had/has a very good therapist....not the charlatan the family had a while back.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

On 9/12/2022 at 4:05 PM, Jrodseyeliner said:

It is actually hard to watch as Kody is so abusive. Christine stood her ground though.. And I think at the end you could see Kody going oh this is really happening.. 

He is used to running over his wives with bullying and gaslighting. He loves feeling powerful. I'm certain he was dumbfounded his go-to abuse tactics failed with Christine. But let's revisit Robyn's role in all this. She tells Kody she's invested in his other marriages working but she passively sabotages their relationships, like being needy when Christine needed Kody to tuck their kids in when she worked nights.

So on one hand, Kody doesn't pass on an opportunity to being a sadistic, targeting, bullying, abusive ass and Robyn works overtime being needy and pleasing to keep Kody at home, and not as a team member with the other wives 

• Upvote 13
  • Love 2

If Christine was actually working nights during that time period I think she deserves way more credit than we've already been giving her. 

She took over a lot of the caring for Janelle's kids + her own and worked on top of it? I'm inclined to think that family would have crashed and burned without her. 

Also Kody and his "she was such a sweet mother to Janelle's kids and not Robyn's!" Like maybe because she had a newborn, had already raised 10 kids AND was in the middle of navigating a move to Vegas, all the changes with their lives becoming public and who knows what else? 

Also Christine mothered Janelle's kids while Janelle WORKED. Was Christine expected to mother Robyn's kids while she gazed at Kody adoringly? 

Oh. Wait. Yes.

• Upvote 25

But doesn’t Robyn have a nanny? So why would she need yet another person to take care of her kids? Robyn is ridiculous. It’s like she expects everyone to fight over who gets to watch her kids. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 8

I wonder how small Kody's world is. Robyn, her kids, the nanny...I can't imagine anyone who would voluntarily be in that man's presence. He makes my skin crawl.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

10 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

But doesn’t Robyn have a nanny? So why would she need yet another person to take care of her kids? Robyn is ridiculous. It’s like she expects everyone to fight over who gets to watch her kids. 

Presumably some of this resentment was pre nanny, but even so Robyn had mostly older kids when they got married and Christine had a newborn was Christine supposed to mother Robyn's older kids+Truly while Robyn... Drew pictures of ugly jewelry? Was Christine supposed to just take the two youngest (Sol-Truly) for funzies? 

It was just such a ridiculous accusation/justification.

Maybe Kody meant that Christine wasn't as warm/nurturing with Robyn's kids? But again she had a newborn, had already raised 10 kids, was adjusting to the move etc. I don't think anyone can resent her for maybe not having the capacity to take on caring for 3 more children who had a full time SAHM

• Upvote 12

7 hours ago, LacyMay said:

Maybe Kody meant that Christine wasn't as warm/nurturing with Robyn's kids? But again she had a newborn, had already raised 10 kids, was adjusting to the move etc. I don't think anyone can resent her for maybe not having the capacity to take on caring for 3 more children who had a full time SAHM

What has Robyn ever done for anybody else? What overtures did she make to forge relationships with the other wives? Would Truely have been welcome there when Ysabel had surgery?  Do you get the idea she thought she was getting a band of servants when she married Kody?

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2

19 hours ago, LacyMay said:

Also Christine mothered Janelle's kids while Janelle WORKED. Was Christine expected to mother Robyn's kids while she gazed at Kody adoringly? 

Christine raised the other kids when they were all living in the same house, for Pete's sake! The kids were teens and younger, and again- ALL IN THE SAME HOUSE!!!  Why would Christine feel a need to spend time raising someone else's kids once they moved to Vegas and lived apart for a year? Maybe once they were in the cul-de-sac in the big houses right next to each other. But by then some kids had graduated and gone to college and Robyn was a SAHM with a baby. Why can't she raise her own kids? 🙄 Ugh- that Kody! 😠

• Upvote 13
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Cults-r-us said:

What has Robyn ever done for anybody else? What overtures did she make to forge relationships with the other wives? Would Truely have been welcome there when Ysabel had surgery?  Do you get the idea she thought she was getting a band of servants when she married Kody?

I think this is part of it. She married into an established family with 3 wives with a lot of older kids. She’s the youngest and newest wife and needed help with her 3 older kids. She got into this thinking she would finally have a lot of help with her three kids. She couldn’t handle being a single mom. And she assumed she would have help with any children she had with Kody. Instead she shook up the entire dynamic of the family and was expected to take care of her own kids for the most part. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

Robyn appears to have wanted all of the perks (a close sister wife relationship, an army of bonus moms to raise her kids, other places for Kody to go when he got tiresome) without going through any of the work or challenges. 

She jumped straight to the living apart in her McMansion with a TLC paycheque and skipped the working full time or raising 10 kids in an apartment sized suite with one husband and 2 other wives sharing the house. 

I think she had this really idealistic view of what plural marriage was going to look like, saw it as a magic potion that would fix all of her single mom struggles but wasn't prepared for the not so shiny reality. 

And Kody is just a megalomaniac who probably figured that if Christine had just parented Robyn's kids she would stay trapped and beholden to him. 

I think Vegas and the move really empowered Janelle and Christine and Kody didn't like that. 

• Upvote 19

Ummm Kody resents that Christine didn't take Robyn's kids so he and nuwife could play the beast with two backs all day every day.  How dare Christine deny him that??!  She needed to offer -nay, demand!! -  to take those kids so her man could be happy happy with his favorite wife.  The selfish thing.....no wonder he resents her!   They had to control their urges and be parents all because of Chrstine!  

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

16 hours ago, LacyMay said:

I don't think anyone can resent her for maybe not having the capacity to take on caring for 3 more children who had a full time SAHM

I don't think anyone can resent Christine for not having the capacity to take on caring for 3 more children whose full-time SAHM was ruining her life.

• Upvote 10
  • Love 2

Why didn’t one of the other sister moms help Christine?  Hello Meri/Janelle where were you two?  
Why wasn’t Kody financial providing for Christine?

• Upvote 7

5 hours ago, Tatar-tot said:

Why didn’t one of the other sister moms help Christine?  Hello Meri/Janelle where were you two?  
Why wasn’t Kody financial providing for Christine?

I can't pick on Janelle, she had similar aged kids+worked full time during the day so she was likely trying to get her own kids settled for bed+trying to enjoy what time she had with them. 

I honestly don't know how much providing Kody does or did for that family. 

I want more details on this Christine working nights thing since it was never mentioned. When was this?! What was she doing? She said Aspyn was 10 which would have made it 05 but I thought she said it was when Kody and Robyn were courting which was 09-10. 

I'm feeling very invested (and rooting for Christine to write a tell all)

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

Kodouche is having sex only with Robun if he's having it at all.  Christine is officially done.  Meri lives....somewhere.  Jenelle lives out at Coyote Pass.  Is it still polygamy?

• Upvote 10

After Robyn joined the family there was an episode where Christine was upset because Robyn didn’t seem to want Christine to watch her kids. Christine said she was hurt that Robyn had hired a nanny. We don’t know the whole story, but Kody’s always going to twist things if he has to in order to fit his narrative. 

Edited by Alice in Fundieland
clarification
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

48 minutes ago, gustava said:

Kodouche is having sex only with Robun if he's having it at all.  Christine is officially done.  Meri lives....somewhere.  Jenelle lives out at Coyote Pass.  Is it still polygamy?

I don’t think so. I said awhile ago they are living like Kody has three ex wives and Robyn is his current wife. That’s basically how their living arrangements and family are working.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 7

On 9/14/2022 at 5:28 AM, Cults-r-us said:

He is used to running over his wives with bullying and gaslighting. He loves feeling powerful. I'm certain he was dumbfounded his go-to abuse tactics failed with Christine. But let's revisit Robyn's role in all this. She tells Kody she's invested in his other marriages working but she passively sabotages their relationships, like being needy when Christine needed Kody to tuck their kids in when she worked nights.

So on one hand, Kody doesn't pass on an opportunity to being a sadistic, targeting, bullying, abusive ass and Robyn works overtime being needy and pleasing to keep Kody at home, and not as a team member with the other wives 

It sounded like he wouldn’t come tuck the kids in pre-Robyn. When he was literally already in the same damn house. 

• Upvote 6

34 minutes ago, Mama Mia said:

It sounded like he wouldn’t come tuck the kids in pre-Robyn. When he was literally already in the same damn house. 

I do think there were plenty of problems before Robyn came along. The problems just came bubbling to the surface along with new problems. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I don’t think so. I said awhile ago they are living like Kody has three ex wives and Robyn is his current wife. That’s basically how their living arrangements and family are working.

110% this. I genuinely think Janelle is staying because she likes Flagstaff and separating and staying in Flagstaff would likely be a lot of extra hassle for nothing to really change. 

Meri...I almost wonder is staying out of stubborn guilt. Like she feels like if she leaves it's because she's a bad person because of the cat fishing. Almost like forcing herself to stay in a loveless marriage is her penance. She's definitely been a shitty sister wife and yet I can't help but still feel some pity for her, the insecurity from infertility in that environment must have been crippling. Plus I think the more we see now the more I wonder how horribly Kody may have treated her in the past. 

• Upvote 15

On 9/16/2022 at 8:37 AM, Mama Mia said:

Those poor kids deserved a better dad!

• Upvote 7

11 hours ago, Cults-r-us said:

Those poor kids deserved a better dad!

Agreed.  I think the older kids are beginning to realize how f-Ed up things were as they grew up as Kody played one wife against another & shirked his responsibilities to his children.  

• Upvote 7

36 minutes ago, Tatar-tot said:

Agreed.  I think the older kids are beginning to realize how f-Ed up things were as they grew up as Kody played one wife against another & shirked his responsibilities to his children.  

I also think the video proof is going to work against Kody. Sometimes I’ll mention something that happened many years ago and my mom will totally deny it happened. Which annoys me to no end. Kody can’t deny things that were caught on camera. 

• Upvote 13

On 9/16/2022 at 12:12 PM, LacyMay said:

110% this. I genuinely think Janelle is staying because she likes Flagstaff and separating and staying in Flagstaff would likely be a lot of extra hassle for nothing to really change. 

Meri...I almost wonder is staying out of stubborn guilt. Like she feels like if she leaves it's because she's a bad person because of the cat fishing. Almost like forcing herself to stay in a loveless marriage is her penance. She's definitely been a shitty sister wife and yet I can't help but still feel some pity for her, the insecurity from infertility in that environment must have been crippling. Plus I think the more we see now the more I wonder how horribly Kody may have treated her in the past. 

Meri married young and had little real-life dating experience.  Clearly she was fishing for a romantic relationship (and who blames her?) when that catfish jumped out of the water and bit her ass, causing her to lose confidence in her ability to forge new relationships. So she stays in the "family" because it feels less risky. 

P.S. Remember in the beginning when Kody liked her best.

• Upvote 9

On 9/16/2022 at 7:17 AM, gustava said:

The summer before last I saw pics on my news feed of Janelle and Kody cuddling up at the RV at coyote pass. Are we sure it's over between those 2?

• Upvote 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic