IGNORED

Sister Wives 7: One Down and Three to Go

Coconut Flan

If the wives were smart, they all asked for separate payment.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

I think what's interesting is the potential pooling of *Kody's* earnings with one specific wife. 

Even if each wife had an individual account with her own earnings and then access to a family account that would make more sense. But Kody having a joint LLC for just him and Robyn is... Questionable. 

Christine and Janelle still have minor children to whom Kody has financial obligations, and arguably as the head of family he still has some financial obligations to Janelle and Meri as his wife's. 

The distancing of Robyn and Kody's finances to me indicates that the cracks in the family unit are continuing to grow and become much more visible.

And it backs up the speculation that Robyn's platitudes about wanting to be a sister wife, wanting the family and not just the man and not wanting to be in a monogamous relationship are just total bullshit. 

• Upvote 19

Early on they said they divided the earnings between the five adults, and I always wondered was it an equal split? Did each wife pay the rent/mortgage, utilities, car payment, food, everything for the kids all out of her own 1/5, and did Kody have an equal 1/5 and just paid for stuff that suited him? When the show started Kody drove a sporty little Lexus that clearly wasn't a family vehicle and Janelle had a car (not big enough for six kids) with a window that had an issue- can't remember what that issue was now. Now are Robyn's kids living with 2/5 of the earnings? 

• Upvote 10

The way they initially described it was a six way split.  Five shares (one each for each adult Kody and four wives) and one family share for family expense like I guess possibly to go toward a vacation, Kody said weddings, and I think college and such.

I'm guessing with Christine's split she asked for her share more than likely a fifth to be issued separately and maybe Meri and Janelle joined in with that also.  If so, yes, I'm guessing Robyn and Kody and the kids with them are getting 2/5 of the show proceeds.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

50 minutes ago, gustava said:

How did Meri get individual $$ to buy the B&B?

The article I'll link below said the B&B was $80,000, and that Meri refurbished it. Meri asked the family for $40,000 and was told no. It is likely Meri got a mortgage. According to the article Meri used her earnings from LuLaRoe, and for a while she was successful. 

https://screenrant.com/sister-wives-meri-brown-bed-breakfast-utah-lizzies/

• Upvote 7

Yes, she did some LuLaRoe special events and a brother, I think it was, arranged a special mortgage for her.  A meeting about the loan was shown in part of an episode.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

57 minutes ago, ifosterkittens said:

@Coconut FlanI'm impressed by your memory! 

The oddest things stick in it - usually budget type things.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

On 8/20/2022 at 7:31 PM, ifosterkittens said:

Thank you for sharing @LacyMay. So according to the article "It appears that the company was established to help manage the family’s wealth, as the company Quinn Holdings LLC, is listed as the “organizer” of DABSARK. On its website, Quinn Holdings LLC states that it is a “comprehensive investment firm serving high net worth families, foundations and endowments.”

On a random note, it is completely beyond me why anyone would want their financial stuff be managed by Kody f..ing Brown. I do not pretend to be an expert but imo it is completely obvious from the show that he is horrible with money.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4

On 8/20/2022 at 9:23 PM, Coconut Flan said:

If so, yes, I'm guessing Robyn and Kody and the kids with them are getting 2/5 of the show proceeds.

If that's the case I hope Janelle and Christine who both still have minor children are getting some financial support from Kody. I can't wait for when Karma bites him.

• Upvote 10

Ok, I thought I was caught up on these threads. But did we know that Gwendolyn was Bi? 

(Pics on her public instagram of her and her GF) 

As much as I hate KoDouche I'm thankful that the kids seem able to be themselves. And I think Gwen coming out this young speaks a lot to the families accepting Leon, like clearly Gwen felt reasonably safe.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

On 8/21/2022 at 8:47 AM, gustava said:

How did Meri get individual $$ to buy the B&B?

Meri only had one child. They mentioned in an earlier season that each wife received the same amount of money each month. It didn’t matter if the wife had one child or six. Janelle said there were times she struggled to feed her kids while Meri had money for extras. Feeding and clothing six kids-and Janelle has mostly boys to feed-would be far more expensive. Perhaps Meri saved some of that money she received each month. Maybe the Browns divided some of the show money among the adults and put the rest into the family budget?  Also, does ALL the money that Meri earns from Lularoe (and whatever else she does) go to the family? 
Not sure if this was discussed here, but I read that Christine sold her share of the Coyote Pass property to Robyn and Kody for $10. IF that’s true, why would she do that? They paid $820,000 for the property and it probably increased in value since then. 

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 1

Kody also signed the house over to Christine.  It could have been an even trade of the equity in the house for her share of the land.  Also in many states it's common not to have the actual value attached to the deed.  The transaction will read some small value such as one or ten dollars and other valuable consideration.  I sold my mother's house in Arkansas and that was how the deed transfer read.  I obviously did not sell the house for a dollar.  The actual sale transaction was in the escrow papers.  

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 3

• 2 weeks later...

I'm watching the lead in shows to the show tonight on TLC.  I never thought it would be Christine who brought in all down.  However, it's clear that once Robin arrived, he turned away from Christine.  As always, Kody is a clueless ass.  Robin is, of course, sees no connection between her arrival in the family and the demise of the family.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 2

I will have to watch the second half of this episode a little later. Kody is just all kinds of awful. The word for what he is doing to Christine, that is gaslighting, right? Oh Kody, the fact that your adult children by two of your wives are calling you our, that says something. It isn't just your word versus Christine. The fact that your biological son (Gaberiel) is closer to his step-mother that you demonize than to you says something. 

• Upvote 6

It is actually hard to watch as Kody is so abusive. Christine stood her ground though.. And I think at the end you could see Kody going oh this is really happening.. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

I think a lot of us have seen Kody’s true colors shining through the cracks in his devoted husband facade for years, but last night’s episode solidified for me what a gaslighting asshole he is. I was happy to hear Christine stick up for herself and to know that she got out of a situation where she was obviously unhappy. I have no doubt it was still heavily edited, but it felt like one of the most realistic hours of reality television I’ve ever watched. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again I haven’t liked Kody since he shamed Robin for not knowing that he didn’t like pepper on his. And he told her to have Christine show her how to make them. It was mean it was stupid and it was all about him.

• Upvote 9

Just finished watching the episode and all I can say is wow. I think Meri is a fool for staying and I hope Janelle leaves soon. Good on Christine, Kosy is just wow I would have a little bit of respect for him if he would just admit he loves Robyn and really only wants to be with Robyn.

• Upvote 7

I personally think that most of these men who get into polygamist relationships must have some sort of ego that needs constant stroking. It seems to me Kody may not be a narcissist, but I see a few narcissistic traits. Like his being completely stunned Christine would leave him even though he never wants to have sex with her again and isn’t attracted to her. I would say most men wouldn’t be shocked at their wife leaving if you tell her you’ll never have sex with her again. 

• Upvote 11

I haven't watched the show yet just clips, and I'm sure this was faked for the cameras or to make her look better. 

But I enjoyed Robin telling Kody that he needed to sleep on the couch and calling him out with if this were monogamy you would have to work on your shit and not just run to wife number 2. He gets so obviously pissed off when people tell him he's wrong and it's just funny to watch his mantrums 

• Upvote 8

This is an odd thing to say about someone I only know through a tv screen, but I am proud of Christine. It takes courage to stand up for yourself when your entire adult life has been spent being mistreated by a narcissistic bully. I hope that she has many happy years ahead of her. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic