IGNORED

Sister Wives 7: One Down and Three to Go

Coconut Flan

7 hours ago, takers401 said:

If I'm understanding the promo correctly, TLC is coming out with a new show "Cooking with Just Christine". She will showcase the food she loves to cook. I'm assuming her kids will pop in and out as one of her daughters was in the promo. Mykelti?

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CaNSgq0sxTi/?utm_medium=copy_link

The Christine who's scared of her toaster???

• Upvote 2

Kody in Part III, " I don' t hold grudges." Hahahaha, oh that is a good one Kody. You have held a grudge against Meri for 5+ years for the catfishing incident. You are seething with anger and resentment against Christine, a  very big sign of a grudge. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 6

7 hours ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

Kody in Part III, " I don' t hold grudges." Hahahaha, oh that is a good one Kody. You have held a grudge against Meri for 5+ years for the catfishing incident. You are seething with anger and resentment against Christine, a  very big sign of a grudge. 

Poor, stupid Kody. He has low self-awareness.. The only emotion he had been in contact with is anger. He didn't realize he loved Christine! He was too busy being pissed off. Now he has grief! And regret! And nearly introspection. Experiencing emotions other than rage is uncomfortable for Kody.

He and Christine were in love the first 10 years. Then what happened? (Spoiler, it rhymes woth Sobbin').Kody was all involved with his new squeeze and Christine felt abandoned (because she was, in fact, abandoned). Then, when Christine complains, Kody feels angry and gaslights and blames Christine's "insane jealousy". Christine tells him the polygamy lifestyle us not working for her. So, logically, he reacts in rage, withdrawing emotional support and physical intimacy.

Then he is shocked, shocked I tell you, things are going poorly. Is polygamy even for him? This lifestyle may not be what he wants! The shocked sister wives are like, "Whoa if true!". Robin, in particular, is worried Kody might leave them all (you should worry, Robin. You might have to work and live in affordable housing).

What I want to know is how the sister wives impede Kody from "reaching his personal goals". He doesn't seem very goal-ish to me.

• Upvote 16

His personal goals seem to be to have lots of kids. If so, then yeah, they are impeding because they don't want more, and can't have more. 

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, anjulibai said:

His personal goals seem to be to have lots of kids. If so, then yeah, they are impeding because they don't want more, and can't have more. 

Although except for King Sol and Princess Ari, his interest in his other offspring and grand-offspring could be measured in negative numbers! He seems to be over this be fruitful and multiply business. Janell says Kody "was such a good dad" and I believe her. He probably is able to be a good parent to the littles but flounders as they grow up

• Upvote 7

I suspect Robyn is just as miserable as everybody else at this point. I don't think she expected to be with Kody 24/7. I think she wanted financial security and to be the top wife, but not the only wife. Expected to have the best house and financial support and free labor for her stupid projects like My Sister Wives closet, but to only have Kody himself around a quarter of the time and to have the other wives and maybe their older children looking after her kids. Now she has the Jerk around all the time, nobody to do all the work or financing for whatever dumbass business idea she comes up with, and having to take care of two young kids is so beyond her she needs a nanny. Plus everybody but Kody, including the general public, hates her. I get a deer-in-the-headlight vibe from her.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

I think it’s much less fun to be the top wife when the other wives don’t care. 
Christine has left. Janelle seems happy to putter around gardening and visiting her children. Even Meri seems to have friends, a business and a life outside of polygamy.

Robyn is stuck listening to Kody rant and rave and probably stomp around the house because life hasn’t turned out how he expected. She helped create the mess and now has to deal with the aftermath.

• Upvote 22

On 2/21/2022 at 4:49 AM, gustava said:

The Christine who's scared of her toaster???

Don't forget the microwave! She was afraid of the microwaves escaping and causing health issues, I think. Fear of the toaster was from possible fire risk. I remember she made toast in her oven. Now I'm going to have to research how many toaster fires occur every year. I've never known anyone who has had one.

Toasters and toaster ovens are 5th in appliances causing home fires. The top 5 are gas and electric stoves, clothes dryers, microwaves, refrigerators, and toasters.

• Upvote 7

I don't think Christine was scared of a toaster. I believe she said that she always had so many kids to make toast for them would take forever with a toaster. The oven was faster. Keep in mind she also looked after Janelle's kids while Janelle was working so I could see her point with that. 

I do remember her not having a microwave because she was scared of it. 

• Upvote 4

15 hours ago, Baxter said:

I don't think Christine was scared of a toaster. I believe she said that she always had so many kids to make toast for them would take forever with a toaster. The oven was faster. Keep in mind she also looked after Janelle's kids while Janelle was working so I could see her point with that. 

Thanks for the correction.   I knew it was some kitchen item.

• Upvote 3

SW S16 Ep13 One on One Part 3

Host Sukanya Krishnan (SK) talks to all the adults individually.

SK asks Christine about her current relationship with Kody. Christine said they’re divorced, they are separated, and will hopefully be friends in the future. She said the decision was freeing.

Kody tells SK Christine has moved (presumably to Utah), they are no longer married, and he loves her. Kody said he has grief and anger. Kody prefers grief to anger and plans to move on to happiness. Kody said there will be some relief from the rest of the family.

SK asks Robyn about the effect on the larger Brown family. Robyn responded what a waste. SK asks her to elaborate. Robyn said there are two functional adults that could try to figure things out and wonders why they are giving up when they haven’t tried to repair the relationship. SK comments to Robyn she seems angry. Robyn said she’s angry, frustrated and devastated by Christine’s decision. Robyn said Christine and Christine’s children were part of her big family picture. Robyn also said she wanted a close relationship with Christine for years, and divorce breaks everyone apart.

Janelle tells SK Christine and Kody really tried, went to counseling, and both Christine and Kody made an effort and realized it wasn’t working. SK asks Janelle how it affects the larger family dynamic. Janelle said Christine has been a huge part of her life, and she’s trying to not take sides.

SK asks Meri how it affects the larger family. Meri said she’s not sure, it’s new, she’s still absorbing it.

Christine acknowledged it affects everyone in the family. She wondered if it was a selfish decision. Christine decided she needed to live her life and leave what didn’t make her happy.

SK asks Kody does he question his polygamy. Kody said he thinks some are a better fit for it than others, and feels they’ve messed it up. Kody knows others who live polygamy better than him, and wonders about their experience. Old clips of Kody questioning polygamy, and not wanting to be an advocate of plural marriage, and the wives’ reactions. It includes a clip of Kody saying his family is an obstacle to his goals. Kody said his frustration is when his wives treat each other poorly. He claims to not notice when he is treated poorly. Kody said moving to Flagstaff was a wake up call for him realizing if he wasn’t around the larger family unit would dissolve.

Meri said it was difficult to watch those clips of Kody, and hopes he finds the strength to move forward.

SK said to Christine she seemed to be in a delicate space before Kody made the comments, Christine agreed, and was hurt by Kody’s comments.

Kody told SK Christine publicly said she loved plural marriage, but privately said she hated it. Kody said upon reflection he made a mistake and should have validated what Christine was saying. He said Christine’s comments made him angry and caused him to question plural marriage. SK asked Kody if he is currently questioning his polygamy and he said hell yes.

Christine told SK part of the reason she’s leaving is because she’s sure she no longer believes in polygamy for herself.

Janelle was asked if she still believed in polygamy. She said yes. Janelle said during covid she did some soul searching, and decided it is what she wants.

Robyn said they’ve had men in their church leave the lifestyle, some leave all their wives, some leave with one wife. She wonders who Kody would be without plural marriage.

SK asks Meri if she thinks Kody sees the value in polygamy, and Meri responded she didn’t know.

SK asks Kody if he thinks the wives are all in love with him. Kody doesn’t know if it is about love vs commitment and determination. Kody said twelve years ago he could have validated Christine’s feelings and instead had arrogance and righteous indignation. Kody wonders could he have saved his relationship with Christine with empathy. Commercial break.

Old clips of Christine telling Kody and the other wives she wants to move to Utah, and clips of Christine’s frustration when Kody didn’t support the idea of moving to Utah when gathered with the other wives. Kody told SK he didn’t know Christine had said those things until he saw the episode. Kody said he’d heard rumors of Christine leaving from his kids and other wives. Kody said he realizes Christine felt her life was controlled by the four other adults.

Robyn told SK she didn’t know when Christine presented the idea of moving to Utah it was either move to Utah or Christine would leave. SK asked Robyn if she knew Kody and Christine were struggling. Robyn said yes, but it was none of her business even though it affects her life. Robyn said it was difficult to watch Christine on TV say such things. Robyn said when Christine was saying to Meri at Coyote Pass, she couldn’t do marriage to Kody anymore, Robyn had no idea they were having that conversation, and she was just chatting with Kody and Janelle. SK asks if she feels she failed her sister wife. Robyn said she didn’t know what was happening but yes. Robyn didn’t know things were that serious.

Janelle feels Christine made a choice at Coyote Pass when Christine had the conversation with Meri that she wouldn’t have a functional marriage with Kody. Janelle said it is ok to realize you’ve put in the effort to a relationship and realize it isn’t working. Janelle wonders if Christine was considering moving when she presented the idea to the family.

Kody told SK Christine has been complaining for the past decade since they moved to Vegas. Kody said that moment when Christine decided she was done was building up for years. Kody said he’s tried to make Christine happy, and it was an ever-present burden.

Meri said when Christine was talking to her at Coyote Pass she thought Christine was speaking out of frustration. Mei said it is difficult to look inward and work on your issues. Meri said you can’t just place blame on others.

Christine said when Meri was sharing her struggles with Kody Christine realized that wasn’t what she wanted, and she wouldn’t live that way. Christine said at that moment was a wake-up call. Commercial break.  

Old clips of Kody and Christine. Kody called Christine’s dad to ask if he could court her, and they married two months later. Kody told SK he and Christine didn’t know each other when they married, and they hadn’t seen each other in difficult situations, and it was a bad match. Kody said after one year things were magical, and his burden was lifted with Janelle and Meri, and he was in love with Christine for 10-12 years.

Christine said she was always the bright, positive cheery person. Christine said that was fine until it wasn’t. Christine’s dad talked to her and asked her when she was going to stop saying yes to everything, and just say no. SK asked so you changed the dynamic and started standing up for yourself? Christine said yes. Christine said she changed so quickly Kody didn’t know what to do, and they both withdrew. Christine said couples therapy shocked her and made her realize Kody held grudges.

SK told Kody Christine mentioned grudges, and he said he doesn’t hold grudges, and anyone who knows him knows he doesn’t. Kody said it’s become he said she said, he’s just defending himself, and he fundamentally disagrees with things Christine has said. Then Kody told SK he doesn’t want to talk about Christine anymore. Commercial break.

Old clips of Christine discussing the lack of intimacy in their marriage, and Kody after he found his stuff in Christine’s garage. Christine said it was the most difficult decision she’s ever made.

Kody said he’s never seen the clips of Christine discussing her side of the lack of intimacy conversation and packing up his stuff. Kody told SK when they put the door in Christine asked was it for intimacy, and Kody said no it was something that needed done. Kody said Christine asked will they be intimate again, and he didn’t say no. Kody said he wanted Christine to address the possibility of her leaving that he had heard from the kids. Kody said the claims Christine made that Kody said they would never be intimate again never happened. Kody said he didn’t want to be intimate because he felt stabbed in the back by Christine. SK asked Kody why he didn’t talk to Christine about what he had heard (possibility of her leaving). Kody said FOMO fear of missing out. Kody said he didn’t know how honest they would be, and he didn’t want Christine to leave. SK asks Kody did Christine ever hear him say he didn’t want her to leave? Kody said no. Commercial break.

Christine told SK she found out Kody wasn’t attracted to her when they got married, but she thought they were in a better place. Christine said it became clear over the past several years he wasn’t interested. She said they didn’t touch, hold hands. Kody said he had friends in polygamy that had no intimacy for years, and she wasn’t ok with that.

SK told Kody it seems he never expected her to leave. Kody said he wanted Christine to talk to him and go to counseling together. Kody said when he found his boxes, he was shocked, and felt a balloon of pressure lift off him. Kody said it’s difficult when intimacy becomes a duty. He feels he didn’t have the tools to fix things. In Las Vegas Kody feels he put in the effort and Christine wasn’t accountable.

Christine told SK she’s done pretending everything is fine.

Kody told SK he’s angry, has grief and heartbreak. He said there is lots of pain from the past decade. SK asks Kody what he hopes for Christine. Kody said he hopes she gets married and is happy.

SK asks Christine what her future looks like and does it include dating. Christine said she’s dating herself. She’s being present and feels light.

Robyn said they are one big family, and Christine can find someone she loves and make the family bigger.

Janelle said there is new text thread with Robyn, Kody, and Meri. Janelle thinks it was a good move for Christine and said Christine is happier.

Kody is still grieving and trying to focus on healing and becoming friends again with Christine.

No word on if there will be a season 17. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 16
  • Love 1

Wow!  Thanks for the line by line.  I always thought Janelle would be the one to leave, never Christine.   The idea of Kodouche grieving is hilarious.  If he's grieving for anything, it's his own wounded ego that he can't keep his wives!

• Upvote 9

10 hours ago, ifosterkittens said:

Janelle said there is new text thread with Robyn, Kody, and Meri. Janelle thinks it was a good move for Christine and said Christine is happier. 

That new dynamic will be interesting. If my timeline is correct, Christine started standing up to herself around the same time Robyn joined the family, so Robyn always had someone to push back on Kody’s craziest ideas and she could just be accommodating.

Now, Meri and Janelle seem pretty happy and settled in their lives and not likely to take off with Kody next time he wants to take off to greener pastures. Janelle no longer seems interested in moving anyway. Meri may or may not be interested, but she won’t argue with Kody. She’ll either go along with him or stay, but she won’t fuss about it either way like Christine would.

Robyn will eventually have a moment where she’ll have to decide on advocating for her children or going along with Kody’s next great idea and there won’t be a Christine to blame or speak up for her.

• Upvote 8

3 hours ago, gustava said:

Wow!  Thanks for the line by line.  I always thought Janelle would be the one to leave, never Christine.   The idea of Kodouche grieving is hilarious.  If he's grieving for anything, it's his own wounded ego that he can't keep his wives!

I would have thought so too. Although I haven't followed it a lot. In the beginning at least it seemed like Christine was the one most steeped in the Kool-Aid--the faith, the faith, the faith, Kody is the leader, etc. Plus I had the impression that she had the weakest support system, if any: Meri has a huge family that seems supportive and Janelle could take care of herself on Mars. Last I remember was so long ago, the trip to Galveston where she wanted to repair their relationship and he was his usual jerk self but she seemed to be looking at it differently--culminating in this. She looks at least 10 years younger in her photos.

• Upvote 11

I wish Christine could have elaborated more on her conversation with her dad. In the interview she said her dad asked her when she was going to stop saying yes to everything and start saying no. I wonder when they had the conversation, what spurred it on, and how quickly Christine decided it was time to start standing up for herself. Given the patriarchal nature of their religion I was a bit surprised Christine's dad would say something to her and wonder if Christine's dad felt Kody had crossed the line or was taking advantage of Christine's go along get along nature. 

Kody was harping on the fact Christine publicly said polygamy is great, but privately said she hated it. I wonder if Christine felt she had an opportunity and responsibility to make America see polygamy in a favorable light. I could see Christine thinking her family and friends that practice polygamy are good people (legal consenting adults choosing to participate in polygamy) who should have the option to practice polygamy without legal repercussions. 

44 minutes ago, patsymae said:

In the beginning at least it seemed like Christine was the one most steeped in the Kool-Aid--the faith, the faith, the faith, Kody is the leader, etc. Plus I had the impression that she had the weakest support system, if any

I wonder if Christine's adult children have become a support system for her, or just showed her there are other options. Christine spoke with admiration about how Mykelti and Tony make decisions together. Other than Truely the kids the kids were 18+ and moving on with their lives when Christine left Kody. Truely probably hasn't seen much of Kody due to Kody's pandemic rules so it might be the right time. I would love to know if Christine's kids said mom we love you and will support any decision you make. I also wonder if someone advised Christine to consider the finances and pointed out if you leave now, you can probably walk away with some money. 

An article from 2010 where Christine is afraid of toasters. https://starcasm.net/sister-wives-christine-brown-believes-toasters-are-more-dangerous-than-sharks-statistics/

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 2

Can someone with a better understanding of their religion than me explain the religious ramifications of Christine's split? If Kody doesn't agree to unseal this union are they stuck with one another through eternity? What are the ramifications for Christine, who seems (although I haven't paid all that much attention) who seems/seemed to be religious-- if she wants to remarry--spiritually or legally? Would Meri be staying because she believes she doesn't have a place in the afterlife if she's not spiritually sealed to a man?  Could Kody be sweating because if one more leaves he doesn't have the three needed to take his preferred place in the afterlife?

I'm honestly confused and if my questions sound ignorant it's just because I'm so unclear

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, ifosterkittens said:

Kody was harping on the fact Christine publicly said polygamy is great, but privately said she hated it. I wonder if Christine felt she had an opportunity and responsibility to make America see polygamy in a favorable light. I could see Christine thinking her family and friends that practice polygamy are good people (legal consenting adults choosing to participate in polygamy) who should have the option to practice polygamy without legal repercussions.I'll

20 hours ago, ifosterkittens said:

Can't Christine love all the whatever glories of polygamy she learned growing up, but hate the hell she was living in polygamy as an unloved wife? Why can't both statements, she hates and she loves polygamy both be true, huh, Kadouche?

And why does Kody always want to go to therapy all the time with everybody? I will be his therapist and explain to him that were it not for his manipulative and condescending attitude toward women, ego-driven and reckless life choices, playing favorites and burning bridges with all the non-Robyn spawn, the whole family wouldn't need therapy to recover from the trauma of his leadership.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

On 2/24/2022 at 5:53 PM, Cults-r-us said:

Can't Christine love all the whatever glories of polygamy she learned growing up, but hate the hell she was living in polygamy as an unloved wife? Why can't both statements, she hates and she loves polygamy both be true, huh, Kadouche?

I think Christine really did enjoy polygamy when she married Kody. She even planned to be a third wife and her entry into the family eased the tensions between Meri and Janelle. She seems to love kids, they love her, she stayed home and watched the children while Meri and Janelle were employed outside the home, which I think she said she wanted to do. So the life worked for her for years.

I think polygamy gradually began to stop working when Kody married Robyn and Christine discovered how jealous she was, and because they left Utah. Christine, as the third and *apparently* last wife, never had to adjust to another wife joining the family. There were no children at that time she married Kody so it was just the four adults for a short time. Then the children started arriving and they were all busy and raising children together. Their family was well established when Robyn came into and upset the dynamics of it. Everyone had to adjust to not only a new wife, but three more children, more expenses with four new people, leaving their home, and moving to Las Vegas. As the years went by I think Christine started to feel more outside the family.

While I do think Robyn gets blamed for things that are not actually her fault, it does seem clear that Kody was pretty attentive to HER and less so to his other wives. Robyn does stand up to him but she also makes an effort to please him. She insisted her children treat Kody with respect as their dad. She tried hard to be part of the family as the new wife. I kind of thought too hard during the early days. But she came from a very unhappy marriage and really wanted to belong.

Then they moved to Flagstaff, Meri had her catfishing issue, Covid hit, and everything unraveled. Regardless of what reason Kody gives, living with Robyn full time is NOT what a good polygamous husband should do. The changes changed Christine and she didn't like her life as a polygamous wife any longer. I am still amazed that Kody thinks it's just peachy that HE has a real marriage with Robyn but Christine should just accept being a sort of "married widow" without her own consent. Christine should be alone and celibate because she's "married" yet still without a real husband? He's ridiculous and self-centered. Christine has a different view of polygamy now that KODY has chosen to obviously play favorites. This was a long time coming and Covid simply brought it out so that he could no longer believably deny it. 

I am curious about the Brown's religion now. Christine mentioned something about not being part of the church and not caring if they gave her a divorce or whatever they call it. I can't remember exactly how she phrased it. Are they no longer AUB? Kody has been pretty negative on polygamy too, Have they all officially left? Just Christine? Or do they just not attend the church because there isn't one where they live?

• Upvote 8

On 2/26/2022 at 2:48 PM, Letgo said:

I think Christine really did enjoy polygamy when she married Kody. She even planned to be a third wife and her entry into the family eased the tensions between Meri and Janelle. She seems to love kids, they love her, she stayed home and watched the children while Meri and Janelle were employed outside the home, which I think she said she wanted to do. So the life worked for her for years.

I think polygamy gradually began to stop working when Kody married Robyn and Christine discovered how jealous she was, and because they left Utah. Christine, as the third and *apparently* last wife, never had to adjust to another wife joining the family. There were no children at that time she married Kody so it was just the four adults for a short time. Then the children started arriving and they were all busy and raising children together. Their family was well established when Robyn came into and upset the dynamics of it. Everyone had to adjust to not only a new wife, but three more children, more expenses with four new people, leaving their home, and moving to Las Vegas. As the years went by I think Christine started to feel more outside the f

I am curious about the Brown's religion now. Christine mentioned something about not being part of the church and not caring if they gave her a divorce or whatever they call it. I can't remember exactly how she phrased it. Are they no longer AUB? Kody has been pretty negative on polygamy too, Have they all officially left? Just Christine? Or do they just not attend the church because there isn't one where they live?

I think they goy kicked out of their FAUB church who was embarassed by Meri's catfishing scandal.

• Upvote 1

This article says the cat fishing incident was the final straw that led to the Browns being kicked out of their church. 

https://www.thelist.com/219562/the-real-reason-the-sister-wives-family-was-kicked-out-of-their-church/

I have read the Brown family publicly supporting Mariah after coming out as gay would not be accepted by the AUB church, but they were already kicked out by then. 

On 2/26/2022 at 3:48 PM, Letgo said:

@LetgoI really enjoyed your perspective on Christine and Robyn's family dynamics. As to your questions above I would love all for the Browns to address them. If the Browns were kicked out of the AUB church are the spiritual marriages still acknowledged? If they were kicked out the AUB church would the AUB church grant Christine and Kody a divorce? 

It is rumored the Browns are filming another season. I hope the Browns answer all or at least some of these questions, but I doubt it. I don't think the show will last much longer, but I wrongly thought that four seasons ago. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

On 2/22/2022 at 3:28 PM, Baxter said:

I rewatched the first season last year, and she said that she was scared of toaster fires. She made a big point about saying that more people were killed by toasters than sharks every year.

Ironically, it seemed like she burned the bread she was toasting in the oven more often than not...

• Thank You 2

41 minutes ago, ifosterkittens said:

This article says the cat fishing incident was the final straw that led to the Browns being kicked out of their church. 

https://www.thelist.com/219562/the-real-reason-the-sister-wives-family-was-kicked-out-of-their-church/

I have read the Brown belifamily publicly supporting Mariah after coming obelievut as gay would not be accepted by the AUB church, but they were already kicked out by then. 

@LetgoI really enjoyed your perspective on Christine and Robyn's family dynamics. As to your questions above I would love all for the Browns to address them. If the Browns were kicked out of the AUB church are the spiritual marriages still acknowledged? If they were kicked out the AUB church would the AUB church grant Christine and Kody a divorce? 

It is rumored the Browns are filming another season. I hope the Browns answer all or at least some of these questions, but I doubt it. I don't think the show will last much longer, but I wrongly thought that four seasons ago. 

I'm confused by this also. My understanding is that in their religion a spiritual marriage is actually a "seal" for all eternity and you can only get unsealed by the powers that be in that religion--so are Kody and Christine still sealed in the next life, which they seem to believe in? Did getting kicked out of the church mean they also don't believe in it anymore, or are they just excommunicated or disfellowshipped or whatever you call it but they still hold that faith? If a man needs to enter the highest level of the afterlife with 3 wives, is Kody sweating it out that another one might leave? It's just hard to wrap my head around

• Upvote 2

On 2/27/2022 at 11:30 PM, patsymae said:

I'm confused by this also. My understanding is that in their religion a spiritual marriage is actually a "seal" for all eternity and you can only get unsealed by the powers that be in that religion--so are Kody and Christine still sealed in the next life, which they seem to believe in? Did getting kicked out of the church mean they also don't believe in it anymore, or are they just excommunicated or disfellowshipped or whatever you call it but they still hold that faith? If a man needs to enter the highest level of the afterlife with 3 wives, is Kody sweating it out that another one might leave? It's just hard to wrap my head around

I am not an expert nor LDS but:  It is my understanding that being "sealed" to one's husband for time and eternity means that hubby can choose to call you into heaven with him.  Joseph Smith apparently said that multiple wives were necessary in order for a man to reach"exaltation" (which sounds truly orgasmic).

However, LDS and all the offshoots have their own pecularities.

My best guess is that Christine would rather not be in celestial heaven with Kodouche and has reached an inner peace with her faith.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2022 at 7:21 AM, gustava said:

My best guess is that Christine would rather not be in celestial heaven with Kodouche and has reached an inner peace with her faith.

Can a wife decline the call of a husband? If a couple wives decline would that lower the husband's level of heaven because he no longer has three or more wives?

Now that Christine and Kody are "divorced" is he paying child support? How on earth do they divide up finances? Can you imagine being the accountant or financial planner for the Brown family? 

• Upvote 7

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/24/2022 at 8:33 AM, gustava said:

I saw on my news feed a fan saw Kody Brown working at a gun show booth in Oklahoma 4/4/22. So FJ-ers, riddle me this: how can Ariella tolerate being having her father gone for more than a day if he goes to an out-of-state gun show, but cannot tolerate him going out of town for Ysabel's surgery?

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic