IGNORED

Sister Wives 7: One Down and Three to Go

Coconut Flan

On 2/8/2022 at 5:30 PM, ifosterkittens said:

You're welcome. I'm thrilled to have a place to discuss SWs because no one I know IRL watches SW. Yes, Kody said betray, and meant it. 

I'm wondering if the phrase "feel safe" came from the therapist. This season Christine and Kody were talking at Coyote Pass, and Christine said the conversation didn't feel safe and walked off. So then Kody said it about Meri, and my guess is it was a tool from the therapist they saw seasons ago. 

I wish the Browns would share how they practice their religion. Do any of them physically or virtually attend a church and what type of church is it? 

The Church of Perpetual Mind- F--- and Gaslighting

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

On 2/10/2022 at 12:36 PM, JMO said:

I hadn't watched for years but I'll admit the divorce brought me back.  Thanks for all the recaps! @ifosterkittens

Ok guys, it's Sunday again! I read on a teaser Kody is in grief counseling, doesn't say for what. Perhaps Christine tossed his favorite perm rods.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 15

37 minutes ago, Chickenbutt said:

None of the regular TLC shows are on tonight in my area due to Super Bowl Sunday.....arrrrgh

Did you see he thinks he needs to go to counseling with his sons, who are not talking to him due to his ass-hat ways?  Well, I have this to say about that: His file with the (now rich) marriage counselor he sees with Meri is now  3 1/2 inches thick and their counseling never accomplished zip that  anyone can tell.

Did the counselor explain to Kody he withdraws affection and relationship as a power play to control family members? Good for Gabe and Garrison for cutting ties with Kody. It is truly a no-win situation.

As for the poor grief counselor who has to listen to this man baby whine about his numerous lost relationships, at least she's getting paid!

• Upvote 13

2 episodes of the tell all and I am not impressed with the interviewer. 

I want her to ask the questions that dans have been asking all season.. 

Why does Robin need a nanny. 

Why aren’t Robyn’s kids forced to move out like Janelke. 
why is it all Christine’s fault and not Kody’s.. 

I hope they are saving up for the 3rd and 4th episode. Cause the first 2 have been painful. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

18 minutes ago, Jrodseyeliner said:

I hope they are saving up for the 3rd and 4th episode. Cause the first 2 have been painful. 

Painfully mind-numbing and disappointing. They keep promising bombshells. Well, I guess we all got our own ideas about what is a bombshell.

• Upvote 4

What I like about the interviews is how they really zoom in on Robyn's eyes when she's 'crying'.  And how the interviewer stays silent during these episodes rather than rescuing Robyn with a new question or a suggested answer.  

But I agree that I want the interviewer to ask more about the nanny.  

As a viewer I would love to see more honesty and transparency about their finances, religious beliefs, and sex lives (not details of that, but things like is 'having troubles in our relationship' a code for 'Kody hasn't wanted sex with me since marrying Robyn' and 'was Kody spending his romantic attentions pretty evenly pre-Robyn or was he only boinking a wife who was ready to get pregnant', that sort of thing).  As a parent of older teens and young adults I think being on a reality show in the first place has been hard on the kids and I'm glad the family has had some areas they didn't want to talk about. 

questions I would like to have answers to:

*what percentage of the family income is from TLC vs outside jobs? 

*do the adults divide the family income equally or do people with non-TLC jobs keep their supplemental income?  

*how many of the adults still believe in the religious underpinnings of plural marriage? 

*don't you guys get tired of moving? 

*was David Jessop really abusive or is Robyn rewriting that narrative?

I'm sure I'll think of more... 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, Cheetah said:

*was David Jessop really abusive or is Robyn rewriting that narrative?

" Robyn's ex-husband David was arrested back in 2018 according to a report on Public Police Records for family member assault. David was released four days later with no bond, and the charge was changed to disorderly conduct." from https://screenrant.com/sister-wives-about-robyn-brown-husband-david-jessop/

I agree Robyn rewrites history, but in this case it sounds like there is some truth to it. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

Based on Robyn’s religious beliefs and cultural upbringing, I’ve always assumed her first marriage must have been really, really bad to leave with three young kids.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

On 2/13/2022 at 6:14 PM, Jrodseyeliner said:

I have no idea why Robin and Kody need a nanny for two kids. They are BOTH at home so she's not just Robin's nanny. The other three kids are teens or older so surely they don't need one. Robin and Kody seem to not have jobs outside of the show and with Covid they mostly stay home. So why do they need help with the children? My Sisterwife's Closet is no longer running. Do they have another home business? 

Robin's kids follow the Covid rules Kody set so that's why they don't need to leave home. Kody wants Janelle to evict her boys because they are working, going to school, having social lives, and their choices are what keeps Kody away from Janelle's house. He claims. If the boys moved out he could visit Janelle and Savannah. But Kody seems not to have kept in touch with his kids through outside visits, texts, or calls. He didn't even explain what his rules were until well into the pandemic and separation from everyone but Robin and her kids. He has mentioned more than once that Robin made sure her kids respected Kody as their father and I think he appreciates that. He likes being in charge. I suspect the addition of Robin and her children to the Brown family was a rougher transition than we saw on the show. Perhaps that is why Robin seems to have stressed obedience and respect for Kody. He probably gets more positive reinforcement as a dad from Robin's kids than from his other kids who have had him around their entire lives. Now the other kids are mostly adults, are making their own decisions, going to school, getting married, having families, etc. They're making their own choices regardless of what Kody wants and aren't onboard with his excessive Covid precautions. He never has come up with good reasons why he is so overboard with Covid. The Brown family culture has waned as the children aged and the wives moved to more distant homes. And Covid has put the final nail in the coffin.

Everything is Christine's fault because she is/was jealous and this causes friction with Kody. She used to be more compliant and go along with whatever Kody wanted. She has changed and isn't going to agree with Kody's decrees, she speaks her mind, and refuses to back down from her viewpoints. She is not following Kody's Covid rules and is continuing to see her adult children. Kody has a harder time when he can't be in charge. Christine was the wife who was so surprised when Robin argued with Kody and stood up for herself. I think Christine admired that and has decided she can do it too. It's probably easier now because she has realized that Kody HAS a wife and it isn't her.

• Upvote 13

Also to be noted, all the other late teens and adults have become independent while all of Robyn's kids languish at home.  None of Robyn's kids have launched while the only non-Robyn kids not to launch are still minors.  It's perfectly normal and expected to have some rebellion and pushback as kids get ready to leave home.  They need to break the bonds.  If Kody and Robyn want their adoring chorus, they need to be prepared to support them into old age.  Even Steve Maxwell finally gave up his strangle hold.  

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1

17 hours ago, Letgo said:

I have no idea why Robin and Kody need a nanny for two kids. They are BOTH at home so she's not just Robin's nanny. 

Robyn (who has no job) needs a nanny, like she needs to live in a McMansion (while they get an emergency 2nd mortgage). She needs time to stew and judge and fill Kody's head with complaints about his other wives and children. She also needs time to do Kody's covid protocols, to prove her superior compliance and value.

• Upvote 4

On 2/17/2022 at 2:56 AM, Cheetah said:

If you haven't seen this already, you must watch this TikTok by Paedon - 

This is amazing!!! 😂😂😂😂

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3

On 2/16/2022 at 10:30 AM, fundiewatch said:

😆 Omg. Here for it. 

It's almost Sunday! Kody says in the preview Kody thought the way to get Christine to open up about the terrible, betraying  rumors he was hearing she might leave him was to reject intimacy with her. Winner of a plan there, Kadoosh!

• Upvote 5

On 2/17/2022 at 9:08 PM, Cults-r-us said:

Robyn (who has no job) needs a nanny, like she needs to live in a McMansion (while they get an emergency 2nd mortgage). She needs time to stew and judge and fill Kody's head with complaints about his other wives and children. She also needs time to do Kody's covid protocols, to prove her superior compliance and value.

They need a full-time babysitter for those spontaneous runs to Victoria Secret.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

On 2/17/2022 at 6:38 AM, Coconut Flan said:

Also to be noted, all the other late teens and adults have become independent while all of Robyn's kids languish at home.  None of Robyn's kids have launched while the only non-Robyn kids not to launch are still minors.  

In fairness to Robyn's two oldest children, the fact that they have not left home is understandable, I think. Dayton has autism and moving out on his own might be more of a challenge. Add in the pandemic and where would Dayton go? Many universities shut down, including dorms, and did online classes only. Aurora graduated from high school in 2020, during the beginning of the pandemic. Her senior year had in-person classes end before graduation and she didn't have a normal ceremony. They did the car drive instead. If she intends to attend college it likely wouldn't have been in the fall of 2020 because classes would have been online. It sure wouldn't make sense financially for her to move out to do online classes. I know college kids around here moved home when schools shut down around March or so, and then stayed home in the fall. Others who had already graduated moved home because they lost roommates and/or jobs. The last couple of years have been difficult for kids.

Garrison and Gabe also live at home with their mother and are attending school and/or working. The difference is that they don't follow Kody's strict Covid rules to the letter and are living their lives. Dayton and Arora live with their mother AND their father, who has very strict Covid rules, which they have to follow. I don't think we know they are failing to launch and are languishing at home. They might also not be able to afford to go away to school-room and board is expensive, as is tuition. The Brown family has a lot of college to pay for. I read that Ysabel is living with her sister in North Carolina and attending a school there. Gabe was living at home and attending Northern Arizona University, just like Dayton. I am mystified as to how the Browns pay for college, the five pieces of land, the homes they purchased for some wives, and pay high rent for other. Plus food, clothing, insurance, medical, etc. for everyone in the family. Does TLC pay that well? They also have to pay for all the infrastructure to be able to build on their property. Where do they get the money for all this? 

• Upvote 14
  • Rufus Bless 1

I don't think Robyn's kids would be doing anything different pandemic or no.  Garrison has meanwhile bought his own house.  

• Upvote 8

22 hours ago, Letgo said:

I am mystified as to how the Browns pay for college, the five pieces of land, the homes they purchased for some wives, and pay high rent for other. Plus food, clothing, insurance, medical, etc. for everyone in the family. Does TLC pay that well? They also have to pay for all the infrastructure to be able to build on their property. Where do they get the money for all this? 

No clue where the money comes from, but I‘m pretty sure TLC doesn’t pay *that* well.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, DalmatianCat said:

No clue where the money comes from, but I‘m pretty sure TLC doesn’t pay *that* well.

Well for one, they don't have health insurance. Christine had to shop for insurance for Ysabel's surgery. Other than Robin's two, I imagine college is in their kids' own dime. Lastly, I am betting the financing for their real estate empire is a messy and complex house of cards. Christine was smart to cash out before the inevitable financial disaster.

Have y'all been looking at the recaps! Robin didn't know the family had problems! She didn't ascertain their beloved family culture was holding resentments and sweeping problems under the rug. This is not what she signed up for!

Little did she know, Christine would be pissed off for years because Robyn was playing kissy-face with Kody while she was in labor with Truly (insane jealousy issues, don't you know) when all Robyn wanted was a closer relationship with Christine. She so badly wanted to be close to Christine, she refused to let Ysabel and Truly visit her kids. 

Kody doesn't"t like polygamy because it interferes with his life's goals  "Say what?" respond all the Sister Wives! Christine took that as her final swan song to get away from the toxicity, once and for all.

As for Kody and Christine, he thought he could go on forever like a cat torturing a half dead mouse he caught. He is flabbergasted someone is done with his abuse and he is grieving. Bayooo! He sounds like our neighbor's hound.

In summary and conclusion, Kody is like all our ex-husbands (lazy, abusive, gas-lighting, stupid) rolled into one person (except he isn't drunk) and that is why we love to hate him.

• Upvote 15

• Coconut Flan locked this topic