IGNORED

Natty Darnell's ex shares about their courtship on her podcast

love2scrap

29 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

They are on Abigail's Facebook. 

Just found it. First kiss at the altar, yada yada.  

Her fb is a cess pool of reich wing politics, with anti mask rhetoric and screeds about protecting the pre born. Just a matter of time until everyone has COVID, if they haven't been sick already. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

22 minutes ago, Howl said:

Just found it. First kiss at the altar, yada yada.  

Her fb is a cess pool of reich wing politics, with anti mask rhetoric and screeds about protecting the pre born. Just a matter of time until everyone has COVID, if they haven't been sick already. 

I still hold out hope for her because she’s really outspoken about her political beliefs. I don’t think she is “meek” like so many fundies want. I think she is young and that’s the only reason why Natty got her to marry him. I think she will eventually figure out he is a control freak asshole and will leave him. 

• Upvote 3

If I remember correctly Natty was interested in both Botkin girls. When Geoff asked which one? Natty said nevermind (and off he went). It‘s in one of the Natty threads.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Smash! said:

If I remember correctly Natty was interested in both Botkin girls. When Geoff asked which one? Natty said nevermind (and off he went). It‘s in one of the Natty threads.

Yes this was started by someone who came here and claimed to be ex-fundie and know them in real life. The details were a little different. I've never been sure it's true as neither the Botkins nor Natty has ever confirmed. 

I swear there was another podcast where Natty's ex talked about him. 

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

We talked about it on FJ. I laughed out loud when listening because she said that when she met him for the first time (they had been emailing I think before they met) he said to her that people say that he’s gay but it’s not true. She was shocked because it’s an odd first thing to say to someone you are getting to know for a relationship. 

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 2
  • Haha 5
  • Thank You 3

16 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I still hold out hope for her because she’s really outspoken about her political beliefs. I don’t think she is “meek” like so many fundies want. I think she is young and that’s the only reason why Natty got her to marry him. I think she will eventually figure out he is a control freak asshole and will leave him. 

Certainly agree on the "not meek" aspect. As I was looking through her facebook photos of the wedding and beyond, it was obvious that she was VERY hot for him, and it occurred to me that he may well have met his match and they could be compatible in many ways.  If, however, he does have a really vile temper, it will undermine everything. 

Sadly, based on how quickly she got pregnant, she could have another 8 kids in the next 10 years and not be in a position to go anywhere. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Howl said:

it occurred to me that he may well have met his match and they could be compatible in many ways. 

You're a better person than I am. Looking at her FB, I kept thinking that she deserves him.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, Nothing if not critical said:

You're a better person than I am. Looking at her FB, I kept thinking that she deserves him.

Perhaps we're agreed they deserve each other?  A match made in...?

In the podcast,  Rachel discusses Darnell not demonstrating the fruits of the spirit.  I find her fascinating, because even though she was deep into fundamentalism, was completely wowed by Darnell at first, came to feel she loved him as a person,  and shed many many tears after she ended the courtship, she somehow was discerning enough in her faith to know that there were things about him that just weren't right, spiritually and emotionally.    Maybe it helped that her dad didn't like Darnell? Or that Nattie was so horrible to Rachel's mother that he made her cry, another reason for her dad to dislike Nattie? 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 12

Bah, humbug! Here’s wishing permanent secondary infertility on them. People like that don’t deserve children.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

6 hours ago, Nothing if not critical said:

Yeah, look at them mugging it up with the biotch MTG. They have hero issues. If they support her, they support her stance which is - - well, racism, bigotry, hate, not doing crap in Congress, whining, shouting, crying, and worshiping at tRump's feet. It takes a special kind of stupid to be an MTG fan and they found each other - better stick together. At least they took each other off the market so no other innocent person can get caught in either of their webs of hate. 

88257661_926582314460481_8734021733939412992_n.jpg

• Upvote 11
  • Disgust 7
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

Sweet Rufus on a little red roof, THOSE SIDE BURNS!  What is he, an Elvis impersonator on the side?

Yeah, these yahoos are humpers of all teh alt reich idiocy and idiots. 

I wonder what they think of Trump now that Trump is pushing COVID vaccination...

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, fundiefan said:

Yeah, look at them mugging it up with the biotch MTG. They have hero issues. If they support her, they support her stance which is - - well, racism, bigotry, hate, not doing crap in Congress, whining, shouting, crying, and worshiping at tRump's feet. It takes a special kind of stupid to be an MTG fan and they found each other - better stick together. At least they took each other off the market so no other innocent person can get caught in either of their webs of hate. 

88257661_926582314460481_8734021733939412992_n.jpg

Not surprising. Her entire family is from MTG’s district just outside of Dalton. That poor baby girl. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 3

5 hours ago, Howl said:

Sweet Rufus on a little red roof, THOSE SIDE BURNS!  What is he, an Elvis impersonator on the side?

Probably trying to hide the nearly-middle-age jowls that are coming on. What with his considerably younger wife, & all. *snicker*

• Upvote 2

Natty learned how to behave and how to treat women at Doug Phillips' rear end knee, so it's not surprising that he was/is a narcissistic, abusive asshole. His wife doesn't seem much better so perhaps they deserve each other -- their baby daughter, however, deserves far better parents than those two.

Maybe Natty's wife will wake up like Madison Cawthorn's wife has, though it only took her 8 months after marrying that fuck. Thanks be, they have no kids.

• Upvote 12

On 12/22/2021 at 5:08 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

We talked about it on FJ. I laughed out loud when listening because she said that when she met him for the first time (they had been emailing I think before they met) he said to her that people say that he’s gay but it’s not true. She was shocked because it’s an odd first thing to say to someone you are getting to know for a relationship. 

"People say he's gay".....More proof that ole Nattie is a loyal FJ reader. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 9

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2021 at 6:45 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Rachel has talked about her relationship with him before on her podcast. It all seemed really bad from the start. He had another broken courtship with another girl before he finally found a girl willing to marry him. I hope his wife eventually leaves him. He sounds like a horrible person to be married to. 

He has had no less than 8 attempted engagements. 

On 12/22/2021 at 2:27 PM, Columbia said:

To think one of the Botkin sisters was interested in him at one point. Why would you ever look at him and have any thoughts other than “this guy is scary as hell?”

The tell-all podcast episode in five or so years when this poor girl leaves him should be very interesting. 

So what I heard was Natty went to Botkin and managed to get through the 7 gates of hell to be “approved” only to be asked which one to which he said “either.” But then he was told he had to pick one so he did — and it was the wrong one. 😂

Also to note: he met his current child bride in October - was engaged in March - and married in June. Her family should be ashamed, is that even enough time for a background check, people? lol 

On 12/22/2021 at 5:54 PM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Yes this was started by someone who came here and claimed to be ex-fundie and know them in real life. The details were a little different. I've never been sure it's true as neither the Botkins nor Natty has ever confirmed. 

You can be assured it’s true…..

• Upvote 2
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Haha 7
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Nolongeroppressed8.4 said:

On 12/22/2021 at 1:27 PM, Columbia said:

Holy mackerel! I knew there were multiple attempts but EIGHT?

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Nolongeroppressed8.4 said:

How is “attempted engagement” defined? Were they courtships that were  stopped, or did he actually propose eight times only to be turned down each time? Or some combination of the two?

Edited by Columbia
Riffle
  • Upvote 1

Well, considering how old Natty is, it averages out to one attempted engagement every two years or so. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 4

26 minutes ago, Howl said:

Well, considering how old Natty is, it averages out to one attempted engagement every two years or so. 

I can see it happening with that narcissistic fool. He’s a modern day Mr Collins.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 11
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Columbia said:

How is “attempted engagement” defined? Were they courtships that were  stopped, or did he actually propose eight times only to be turned down each time? Or some combination of the two?

Combo 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

Wait several women turned Natty down? He really has to be an asshole since I think it‘s expected in their cult that a woman goes through with courtship/ marriage proposal no matter how she feels.

• Upvote 3

Natty is the poster child for why courtship is a problem. Women get sucked in, then when they get to know him, they run. Even in their world of short courtships/engagements & going right to marriage & not giving away pieces of your heart women have run. 

He is why you must take time to get to know someone for real, not just their theology & patriarchy. He is the breathing example of why marriage happens so quickly in their world - if given a chance to actually know the person they're courting, women can & will still run. And that is exactly why their model is such an epic failure. 

Natty knew his wife less than a year before getting married. She didn't have a chance to run. Plus, she's very much like him, it seems, so hopefully they both just saved someone else from suffering either one of them. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 2

18 hours ago, Smash! said:

Wait several women turned Natty down? He really has to be an asshole since I think it‘s expected in their cult that a woman goes through with courtship/ marriage proposal no matter how she feels.

Rumor has it that there were those who knew his character who were willing to make sure prospective brides were warned.  

I can neither confirm nor deny.  

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3