IGNORED

Jana Duggar 14: Child Endangerment Charges and Howlers Supporting Her Via Meme

HerNameIsBuffy

We shouldn't have to speculate for too long about what happened with Jana's police encounter, because the police report that supports the child endangerment charge is a public record, and one or more of the tabloids are likely to have requested access to that report.  It's possible the report will need to be redacted since it involves a minor, but the basic facts of the incident should become available sooner than the judicial hearing scheduled on January 10.

My best guess is that the incident involves one or more of the M kids.  I remember seeing a post on Anna's Insta some time ago about how involved Aunt Jana is in the lives of her nephews and nieces.  The post suggested Jana had a special relationship with the M kids.  Given everything Anna is going through with Josh's situation and her pregnancy/recent childbirth, there would be additional pressure for Jana  to be involved with the M's care.

I believe Jana received a child endangerment charge over whatever took place because it involved a Duggerling.  Local police are not likely to go easy where the Duggar family is concerned.  Dugger kids are high risk from a CPS perspective, and I think local law enforcement is attuned to that fact.  I also think it's possible Jana could be covering for Anna--in effect, taking the fall--because Anna is has an increased risk of losing custody if she screws up.  (This is pure speculation.)  We should know more about what happened by the end of the week.

• Upvote 17
  • Thank You 1

I do find it odd that she had to post bail. This means that if she had not come up with the funds she would have been held in jail (yes, it was a low amount for a Duggar, but still).

This may indicate this is something more serious than a little rascal wandering off for awhile. Without the police report, it's pointless to speculate further, but even if local law enforcement is tired of the goings ons at the house, why take it out on the babysitter? 

• Upvote 19

16 minutes ago, Drala said:

We shouldn't have to speculate for too long about what happened with Jana's police encounter, because the police report that supports the child endangerment charge is a public record, and one or more of the tabloids are likely to have requested access to that report.  It's possible the report will need to be redacted since it involves a minor, but the basic facts of the incident should become available sooner than the judicial hearing scheduled on January 10.

My best guess is that the incident involves one or more of the M kids.  I remember seeing a post on Anna's Insta some time ago about how involved Aunt Jana is in the lives of her nephews and nieces.  The post suggested Jana had a special relationship with the M kids.  Given everything Anna is going through with Josh's situation and her pregnancy/recent childbirth, there would be additional pressure for Jana  to be involved with the M's care.

I believe Jana received a child endangerment charge over whatever took place because it involved a Duggerling.  Local police are not likely to go easy where the Duggar family is concerned.  Dugger kids are high risk from a CPS perspective, and I think local law enforcement is attuned to that fact.  I also think it's possible Jana could be covering for Anna--in effect, taking the fall--because Anna is has an increased risk of losing custody if she screws up.  (This is pure speculation.)  We should know more about what happened by the end of the week.

I agree with most of this, except the Jana covering because she not only pled not guilty, but they aren't going to issue a citation without evaluating the situation.  All it takes is one kid to say Mommy was there, if that was the case.

Interesting about the SM.  Out of curiosity have you looked at Anna's Insta in the time just after this happened?  Maybe some cryptic bible verse alluding to it or something?  (I don't have Insta or I'd look myself.)

I do agree if it were one of the Ms officers wouldn't want to be the one to let them off with a warning in case it comes out later.   What makes me cautiously happy is it looks like JB doesn't even have enough power locally to cover up a 3rd degree misdemeanor.

2 minutes ago, Anne Of Gray Gables said:

This may indicate this is something more serious than a little rascal wandering off for awhile. Without the police report, it's pointless to speculate further, but even if local law enforcement is tired of the goings ons at the house, why take it out on the babysitter? 

It's not taking it out on the babysitter if she was the one in charge when it happened.  

It may not be about taking it out on anyone, but it's possible people local to them are concerned about those kids and the cops don't want it hitting the papers that they gave child endangerment a pass.

IF (huge if) the rumors are true and it was one of the Ms found on the road listed in the citation that's a much bigger deal than most of the stories of kiddo escape artists.  It was an incredible distance for little ones to cover, so if true no one noticed them missing for a long time.  Besides traffic there were several bodies of water near the route as well so the level of danger was very high.   

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

I am getting a strong feeling that the local authorities have been discussing  "Who should bell the cat" when it comes to the Duggars for some time. It may have been the answer to their prayers when the Feds swept it to the tiny little car lot and impounded Josh's equipment. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

19 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

...Interesting about the SM.  Out of curiosity have you looked at Anna's Insta in the time just after this happened?  Maybe some cryptic bible verse alluding to it or something?  (I don't have Insta or I'd look myself.)

Anna hasn't posted much on  Insta since Josh's arrest.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

7 minutes ago, Drala said:

Anna hasn't posted much on  Insta since Josh's arrest.

The only  post she's done is 

"Meet Madyson Lily Duggar" posted 3 weeks ago with a pic.

The M7 announcement.

Edited by imokit
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 4

5 minutes ago, FiveAcres said:

I am getting a strong feeling that the local authorities have been discussing  "Who should bell the cat" when it comes to the Duggars for some time. It may have been the answer to their prayers when the Feds swept it to the tiny little car lot and impounded Josh's equipment. 

Yes, LE may feel they can finally deal with the Duggars now that Jim Bob has been severely wounded by the full truth coming out about Josh.  "I'm not going to allow it!'  Oh, shut up, shithead, you have no power here.

A little off topic, but I looked up the ages of the remaining offspring. When Jackson turns 18 in the spring, there will be only five minors in the house, the youngest turning 13 later in the year. Once the few remaining adult sons move on, and assuming JIm Bob doesn't allow Anna and the M's to move in or Anna grows up and moves on, how much longer do they have need for that ghastly building they call a house? I know Michelle is far from a normal woman, but I'd be depressed looking around the vastness of the property and thinking " Fresh start time. Maybe a nice, new four bedroom on private two acre lot far from here would do just fine".  

• Upvote 20

I've always wondered if they would eventually downsize, or which kid had enough kids to move in to that massive building.

Also, Jessa is still living in her 2 bedroom with 4 children all in one room? That must feel so squished.

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 3

2 minutes ago, Anne Of Gray Gables said:

Yes, LE may feel they can finally deal with the Duggars now that Jim Bob has been severely wounded by the full truth coming out about Josh.  "I'm not going to allow it!'  Oh, shut up, shithead, you have no power here.

A little off topic, but I looked up the ages of the remaining offspring. When Jackson turns 18 in the spring, there will be only five minors in the house, the youngest turning 13 later in the year. Once the few remaining adult sons move on, and assuming JIm Bob doesn't allow Anna and the M's to move in or Anna grows up and moves on, how much longer do they have need for that ghastly building they call a house? I know Michelle is far from a normal woman, but I'd be depressed looking around the vastness of the property and thinking " Fresh start time. Maybe a nice, new four bedroom on private two acre lot far from here would do just fine".  

Whatever happens and where ever they go I hope the Ms end up in a real house.  

I never understood why people as image conscious as JB and M wouldn't have been too ashamed to have them living in a warehouse on their property.  I get that they wanted to keep Josh under their thumb, but they could have built a proper house on the property.  Even if they thought he'd someday get himself together and move off the compoud with Anna and the Ms, it wouldn't go to waste.  There will always be an adult Duggar needing a place to stay or if they all did leave and cleave a guest house for visits home.

8 minutes ago, Anne Of Gray Gables said:

Yes, LE may feel they can finally deal with the Duggars now that Jim Bob has been severely wounded by the full truth coming out about Josh. 

Like when the kids injured the spider form in IT and they knew it was the safest time to try to finish it off.  

If that's the case and all charges are legit I'm here for it.

• Upvote 9

15 minutes ago, Anne Of Gray Gables said:

I think this is an interesting question. My best guess right now is that they would move Jessa and Ben or Joe and Kendra (plus as many kids they may have then) to the TTH and live in JoKens house themselves. But who knows now? It seems like JoKen aren't on the best of terms with the Duggar side of their family. So perhaps Ben and Jessa? I don't think they'll give it to Anna. You need a MAN in the house. (Oh, the irony...).

I do however agree that in just a couple of years the TTH will be very empty, so there will most likely be some shuffling around. 

• Upvote 12

One can hope. But I’m afraid she will spend too much time talking to Josh on the phone, sending him stuff, and visiting every weekend. 

(From the previous thread)

Josh will be in Federal prison soon.  It's doubtful he'll be very close and they only try to offer a minimum of 4 hours a month even when they don't have COVID precautions to work around.  Anna may have to settle for the occasional letter or phone call and see him maybe every couple of months for a few hours with plexiglass between them.  While he's in jail it's like zoom visit.  

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 7

1 minute ago, xenobia said:

I think this is an interesting question. My best guess right now is that they would move Jessa and Ben or Joe and Kendra (plus as many kids they may have then) to the TTH and live in JoKens house themselves. But who knows now? It seems like JoKen aren't on the best of terms with the Duggar side of their family. So perhaps Ben and Jessa? I don't think they'll give it to Anna. You need a MAN in the house. (Oh, the irony...).

I do however agree that in just a couple of years the TTH will be very empty, so there will most likely be some shuffling around. 

As big as it is the resale value on that place is going to be pretty limited, I'd think.  How many people want houses with dorm rooms?  Remodeling that into a functional home with real bedrooms would cost a fortune so they're going to have to let the place go much lower than market value for sq footage.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 7

I have had a bit of a poke around instagram to see if there was any reference to the incident or even indication of where Jana was. She posted on 31st Aug about being at the Las Vegas market, at some point in the-I assume-recent past and posts agaon on 27th Sept about going to Texas. All the obvious parents have nothing tying Jana to looking after them on that date. I think as many have already said an M is very likely.

• Upvote 8

3 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

Josh will be in Federal prison soon.  It's doubtful he'll be very close and they only try to offer a minimum of 4 hours a month even when they don't have COVID precautions to work around.  Anna may have to settle for the occasional letter or phone call and see him maybe every couple of months for a few hours with plexiglass between them.  While he's in jail it's like zoom visit.  

If Anna wants Josh to contact her all she has to do is send his commissary money on Duggar time, that'll get him arranging a phone call!

5 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

In the Fed pen in Texas that has the SO unit they can have five visitors at a time and they all have assigned seats in the visitor room, but it isn't behind glass and there is a children's play area as well.  (Still allowing visits with covid but may be limited due to precautions.)

https://www.bop.gov/locations/institutions/sea/

Just using that as an example as it has an SO unit and is in their federal district, but no way to know where they'll send him yet.

I looked briefly and didn't see it, does anyone know if convicts in there for CSA or CSAM are allowed pics of children, even their own?

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2
  • Thank You 3

10 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I looked briefly and didn't see it, does anyone know if convicts in there for CSA or CSAM are allowed pics of children, even their own?

Again in the UK, but I find this awful. Put under a spoiler as may be distressing.

Spoiler

Some prisoners who have been convicted of CSA are housed in high security hospitals rather than prison-Broadmoor, Rampton, Ashworth if anyone is interested-there have been cases in the hospitals that have ended up in serious case reviews where children have been allowed to visit on units with people convicted of CSA. Which is completely disgraceful.

Prisons/high security hospitals are no place for children.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

9 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

As big as it is the resale value on that place is going to be pretty limited, I'd think.  How many people want houses with dorm rooms?  Remodeling that into a functional home with real bedrooms would cost a fortune so they're going to have to let the place go much lower than market value for sq footage.

It really only functions as what it currently is - a group home. I'm sure some sort of state agency could make use of it.

It's sad to think that the bizarre bedroom set up - two rooms for 19 kids - was designed with the idea of keeping a pedophile away from their daughters. Rather than deal with the molester, they built an unsellable monstrosity. 

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 4

This is really out there but what if one of the kids was found with a weapon? Not unlikely.  I feel like it has to be pretty egregious if they arrested her. 

• Upvote 5

I think JB and M will be reluctant to move out of the TTH. They love having the space to entertain and fundraise for JB's political campaigns or maybe his sons in the future. If they feel the house is empty, they can move in Anna and the Ms. Between their children and the Ms all outdoor work (mowing the grass, shoveling snow etc) and indoor work (cleaning, cooking, laundry etc) will be covered so JB and M won't have to handle the physical day to day chores. 

I bet JB has been planning a rebrand since he learned of Josh's crimes. JB knew Josh was guilty, he was willing to pay to get him off, but he knew horrific details were going to come to light. Whether JB truly thinks he will win the Republican seat I don't know, but I bet it was a calculated move. JB will forever be pissed at Josh for ruining the Duggar brand; JB will also figure out how to adapt. Maybe JB will create some group for like-minded believers for families where one child went astray, and how the parents should cope and double down on their beliefs for the other children in the home.

JB will try to sell the story he and M did everything they could, first tried to handle it themselves, then went to the church elders, and when nothing worked went to the police. He will make a convincing argument (for those interested in hearing what he has to say) it is easy as an outsider years later to say this is how I would handle it, but unless you are in the thick of it you don't really know how you would react. There are plenty of other like-minded parents who are ATI/IBLP who had a child leave the fold and would like to hear the parents did their best. Give JB a few years, he'll come up with something. I doubt he'll ever achieve the status he formerly had, but he will keep himself relevant. JB ain't going down and fading to the background without a fight. 

Jana is probably working extra hard to get back in her parents' good graces. She's probably in overdrive now trying to do anticipate all needs, do every extra chore, to reclaim her dutiful daughter status. 

• Upvote 14
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 1

20 minutes ago, JMO said:

This is really out there but what if one of the kids was found with a weapon? Not unlikely.  I feel like it has to be pretty egregious if they arrested her. 

I'd like to think that would be higher than 3rd degree, but I don't know.

• Upvote 4

Hard to say what they’ll do with TTH. If Anna sticks around she’ll probably move her 7 in. With the older kids still at home and all of Anna’s plus Anna it would be about as full as it was when the original family moved in for the next several years. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

I think Anna may wind up going with TFDW. I hope she's able to realize that the emotional and actual support she might get from him would be better than living in a garage under the headship of Rim Job.

I tend to think Joe and Kendra will spit out the most babies so the TTH will be headed to them.

• Upvote 9

I tried to read the citation but it's bedlam here in the Macha household and I kept getting distracted. Does anyone know if the child endangerment incident happened in daylight hours? Just thinking that, if it was in darkness, the police might have taken an even dimmer view of the whole thing. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Anne Of Gray Gables said:

It really only functions as what it currently is - a group home. I'm sure some sort of state agency could make use of it.

It's sad to think that the bizarre bedroom set up - two rooms for 19 kids - was designed with the idea of keeping a pedophile away from their daughters. Rather than deal with the molester, they built an unsellable monstrosity. 

A group home or some type of retreat/event venue. I can see church youth groups using it for “lock in” events, or Walmart using it as summer housing for a college intern program. The real appeal is the tragically underused commercial kitchen.

How big are the kids bedrooms, and what is the bathroom arrangement? It might not be too difficult to split each room into two smaller (but still good sized) bedrooms with en suite bathrooms.

• Upvote 17

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic