IGNORED

RIP Michael Nesmith

smittykins

Monkees singer and guitarist Michael Nesmith, a pop visionary who penned many of the group’s most enduring songs before laying the groundwork for country rock with the First National Band in the early Seventies, died Friday from natural causes. He was 78.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/monkees-michael-nesmith-dead-1270079/amp/

Edited by smittykins

• 2 months later...

Is it weird that I now think 78 is young to die of natural causes.  I know it isn't, but it feels like it.

Idk if it's just because I'm getting old or if Betty White being awesome for so long has recalibrated how I see aging.

10 hours ago, feministxtian said:

For some reason, this one hit me hard! Its like piece by piece my childhood is dying. 

I hear ya.  When Eddie Van Halen died in 2020 I felt the same.  Like bit by bit my history is dissolving.  

When we lose Alex Van Halen, Andy Scott, Ace Frehley, or Peter Criss someone is going to need to check on me to make sure I'm okay.  I won't be.

• Upvote 1

This song went through my head when I saw this thread, as I hadn't heard of his passing before.

He kind of looks like a young Jeremy Vuolo.  Which is weird since Jeremy is younger than Mike was here.

• Upvote 1

On 2/18/2022 at 11:47 AM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

He kind of looks like a young Jeremy Vuolo.  Which is weird since Jeremy is younger than Mike was here.

Oh no, Michael is MUCH better looking, more intelligent, more creative and much less slimy. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, smittykins said:

Hard to believe that Micky is the only one still with us. 😢

And he's also in his upper 70's. Getting old SUCKS

• I Agree 1