IGNORED

(CW: CSA) Josh & Anna 44 - Fate in the hands of the jury

HerNameIsBuffy

1 minute ago, gustava said:

Going far out on  a limb here:  guilty verdict by noon.  If not by noon, then the jury is hung, with one dissenter.

I am praying it goes fast and we get that guilty. 

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Love 5

Let me preface this with I feel 99.9999% confident that the verdict will come back Guilty. But what if it didn’t? Would the family really take it to mean that he was set up? There are a few siblings who I believe would not let him anywhere near their children now. No more one big happy family. But can some of these people lie to themselves and believe he didn’t do it while knowing his history?

This isn’t just cancel culture Jim Bob. You screwed up and until you own that you’ll end up losing a lot of support. Even from like minded believers.

Edited by justmy2cents
  • Upvote 14

I don’t agree with nearly every decision Anna has made from the time she was 20 but I hope that the higher ups in the cult aren’t blaming this on her. Telling her if she were more available or more this or more that than he wouldn’t need / want to look at these things.

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 7

UGH....just UGH....trying to get some work done....I'm on Eastern time so the jury and everyone else is just arriving/getting started now.  Going to be a loooonnnnngggggg day. I'm off work tomorrow so i HAVE to get some work done today.....

• Upvote 8

What is the presidential voting record in the county where this case is being tried? If it is a predominantly Trump voting area (which would seem likely in Arkansas), I think it is very possible that there are probably Trumpies on the jury. And they will believe that good Christian folks are always being persecuted by the Libs no matter what the evidence to the contrary may be. The likelihood of a hung jury seems strong to me. I hope all the members of the jury are able to keep their political beliefs out of deliberations but I worry...

• Upvote 8
  • Move Along 1
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Eyeroll 3
  • I Agree 2

Remember that time we all found out that Jim Bob Duggar wears a toupee? 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 36
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 3

4 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Let me preface this with I feel 99.9999% confident that the verdict will come back Guilty. But what if it didn’t? Would the family really take it to mean that he was set up? There are a few siblings who I believe would not let him anywhere near their children now. No more one big happy family. But can some of these people lie to themselves and believe he didn’t do it while knowing his history?

This isn’t just cancel culture Jim Bob. You screwed up and until you own that you’ll end up losing a lot of support. Even from like minded believers.

If he gets a not guilty many in their circle will take it as a sign this was just a government conspiracy to persecute him for being a "Christian."  There will be comparisons to Job for JB and Michelle.  So much persecution but their son was vindicated and they'll be lauded again for staying strong and trusting in the Lord.  

Behind closed doors Michelle will pretend it never happened, JB will breathe a sigh of relief that he weaseled out of it this time, but anger knowing this will embolden Josh to resume and do God knows what and waiting for the next scandal to his it hardly a relaxing way to go through life.  Anna will be thrilled that God has delivered him from the heathen liars and not do a damn thing to protect her babies because it was proven he is safe.  

Some of his victims will feel revictimized and others may be glad it's over so they can go back to blocking out their trauma.  

And he will prey on other children and this will start all over again.  

• Upvote 12
  • Sad 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, Heidijoey said:

I don’t agree with nearly every decision Anna has made from the time she was 20 but I hope that the higher ups in the cult aren’t blaming this on her. Telling her if she were more available or more this or more that than he wouldn’t need / want to look at these things.

I can see them blaming her.  She got a notification on covenant eyes a few days before saying he'd tried to download torrent.  I can see JB blaming her for not managing him properly when she clearly had warning that he was up to something.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

It’s almost midnight here so I have to go to bed but damn I hope this waiting ends soon

• Upvote 5

2 minutes ago, pupper said:

What is the presidential voting record in the county where this case is being tried? If it is a predominantly Trump voting area (which would seem likely in Arkansas), I think it is very possible that there are probably Trumpies on the jury. And they will believe that good Christian folks are always being persecuted by the Libs no matter what the evidence to the contrary may be. The likelihood of a hung jury seems strong to me. I hope all the members of the jury are able to keep their political beliefs out of deliberations but I worry...

I agree.  From what other people who live in NWA say there are plenty of progressive and moderately conservative but sane people there, but there are also plenty of QAnon folks around.  All you need is one.   Don't forget per the Duggars and the Holts "this (CSA) happens in a lot of families."  If they can normalize that abuse they can normalize these charges as being lesser since he didn't touch anyone.  

Sorry I'm cynical, but I think this is a real possibility.  All you need is one who is going to give a pass due to similar beliefs or anti-government sentiment and this starts all over again.

• Upvote 15
  • Sad 1
  • Thank You 1

Another thing I will blame the Duggars for will be my addiction to chocolate during this trial. Man I need some sweets right now 

Do we know anything about this jury? I mean how many man? Woman? Age? Etc..

Edited by Italiangirl
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 4

I don’t see an acquittal, but a hung jury is quite likely. All it takes is one, and who knows how hard and willing the others might be to try and sway otherwise. Will they really want to keep going over the evidence? 

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 6

Hopefully the jury just wants to be sure.

All this talk of juries milking time off made me think of this number: (skip to 3:15)

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

I think Josh’s attorneys may have made some in the jury to consider there could be reasonable doubt especially after Matthew waller’s testimony. Unfortunately. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

Another thing I will blame the Duggars for will be my addiction to chocolate during this trial. Man I need some sweets right now 

Same here, but with alcohol. 

Spoiler

image.png.bc18b886f20e99e8295b1d470db97191.png

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 11

Just now, Satan'sFortress said:

Same here, but with alcohol. 

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.bc18b886f20e99e8295b1d470db97191.png

Chipolte. But to be fair, that was a pre-existing condition 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 17

13 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

There was a pod cast that ran down basic demographics, the podcasters were in court.  It's called Dark Side of....True Crime and History.  No time stamps on Spotify and I can't listen to it atm as I'm at work and apparently everyone needs to visit my office this morning so I can't shut the door.  

https://open.spotify.com/show/0GYshi6nJCf3O0aKEBTOPs

IIRC it was 8 men and 4 women.

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

5 hours ago, 3KidsAndStopped said:

I found an article online source in spoiler, I will quote it directly:

“A source tells me tonight that the Duggars believe that Josh has lost his case. The source said that the mood is ‘somber’ at the Duggar home. Anna & Josh are said to be preparing for Josh’s last night with his kids. Jim Bob is already telling people that the DOJ forensic expert James Fottrell lied on the stand. He is allegedly telling people that Fottrell had to be recalled to the stand to clear up ‘his lies.'”

Also speculates there is a rift between JB Joy and Austin, and that Austin believes Josh is guilty. I have no idea how good the source is though.

Maybe Anna brought the kids over to the Rebers to spend some extra time with Daddy.  Maybe they finally told the kids that Daddy may be going away for a long time.  However, the kids have not (one hopes)  been spending nights under the same roof with Daddy for months.

It all sounds like speculation.

• Upvote 10

8 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I don’t see an acquittal, but a hung jury is quite likely. All it takes is one, and who knows how hard and willing the others might be to try and sway otherwise. Will they really want to keep going over the evidence? 

I don't see an acquittal either.  The odds of 12 people finding reasonable doubt is staggering.  

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 9

Re the horrifying possibility that Smuggar is found “not guilty”: In my town, a city official was tried on accusations of graft and found “not guilty.” Immediately afterwards, participants in the trial were quoted as saying they were utterly convinced he was guilty, but that the evidence was *just* insufficient enough that he was able to squeak through.

After the trial, he went to the press to boast that he’d been “completely exonerated” and bought a large newspaper ad, containing a pic of him with his wife and kids, thanking all his supporters.

Not long afterwards, his wife left his smarmy @$$ and is working at a Lowe’s now.

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 2

15 minutes ago, imokit said:

I can see them blaming her.  She got a notification on covenant eyes a few days before saying he'd tried to download torrent.  I can see JB blaming her for not managing him properly when she clearly had warning that he was up to something.

The wife should never be the husband's accountability partner. That person should be someone who is able to chew Josh out as needed. I can't see Anna doing that. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 16

22 minutes ago, Satan'sFortress said:

Remember that time we all found out that Jim Bob Duggar wears a toupee? 

No way!!! How did you figure that one out???

3 minutes ago, molecule said:

The wife should never be the husband's accountability partner. That person should be someone who is able to chew Josh out as needed. I can't see Anna doing that. 

Why wasn’t Jim-Bob?

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic