IGNORED

"M" Is for Mama 12: Birth Control Should Have Been Your BFF

nelliebelle1197

7 hours ago, feministxtian said:

My 3 were more than enough. My last one about broke me. Dealing with his issues (thank you abusive X and other things), trying to heal from that abusive X, going right into caretaking for the mother, etc. Braggie hasn't a clue. That bitch hasn't got a clue what "hard" is. 10 kids because she CHOSE to have them, a husband who blows town to work and get away from her, a big house, plenty of money...damn, I can't see the problem, honestly. Let her live a day in my shoes. Dead husband, shit living situation, constant money stress, yeah, it's all FUBAR. 

I have a problem with calling it all her fault. Shawn also deserves a lot of blame for this situation. They make the decision to keep having kids together. 

Otherwise, I agree with you. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6

1 hour ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I have a problem with calling it all her fault. Shawn also deserves a lot of blame for this situation. They make the decision to keep having kids together. 

Otherwise, I agree with you. 

Her attitude and unwillingness to use BC are her fault. Shaun's a moron for not putting his foot down and saying enough is enough. Maybe he just doesn't care enough, thinking if she's doing her Anthro thing and bitching about the kids, she's leaving him alone. I think they're both miserable people. 

I still think she hasn't a clue as to what "hard" is. She chooses to make things hard on herself. I don't think she could deal with the "shit happens" parts of life. 

• Upvote 12

2 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

Her attitude and unwillingness to use BC are her fault. Shaun's a moron for not putting his foot down and saying enough is enough. Maybe he just doesn't care enough, thinking if she's doing her Anthro thing and bitching about the kids, she's leaving him alone. I think they're both miserable people. 

I still think she hasn't a clue as to what "hard" is. She chooses to make things hard on herself. I don't think she could deal with the "shit happens" parts of life. 

You're right, I think what I meant was she and Shaun are in this together. 

I think having ten kids is hard and homeschooling is hard. However she and her husband chose to keep having kids and homeschool.

• Upvote 5

7 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

You're right, I think what I meant was she and Shaun are in this together. 

I think having ten kids is hard and homeschooling is hard. However she and her husband chose to keep having kids and homeschool.

Having kids is hard, homeschooling can be hard. However, both of them are choices. At any time they can stop having kids, enroll them in school and make life easier on themselves. They (especially Braggie) choose not to...to suit some sort of fucked up martyr complex that is doing nothing but hurting those kids. I'll never understand. After the shit that I really didn't have a choice about doing, I'm all about making my life as easy as I can. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

How hard is it to make a nice post about your girls doing something kind without making backhanded comments or making it about yourself? Impossible for Abbie. Here's these two little girls trying to make their eternally displeased mother happy and she says absolutely horrible things about them. I can't stand that she talks so much shit about her kids and thinks it's totally fine as long as she says that she died to self or that it's sanctifying. Other moms who are realistic about the struggle and approach it with love and humor are somehow the bad moms, the mediocre ones. Meanwhile Abbie is over here saying that her kids make her feel a stinking pit of dread in her stomach and that she really didn't like breakfast with Evy and Nola until their food was worth eating. How cruel. But she's happy now because they're useful to her and it's one less thing for her to do. 

The most interesting tidbit here is the hint that Shaun wants a vasectomy. Oh God what I wouldn't give to be a fly on the wall during that conversation. 

Spoiler

1606311225_Screenshot_20220319-2229192.thumb.png.dabbc17e759cbe9e5833b6779ca85cbd.png234810274_Screenshot_20220319-2229302.png.9479a862868b6301bcef2b72d4492845.png

• Upvote 8
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 9
  • Thank You 5

Yikes! Abbie is just awful. That could definitely be phrased so much better. "I love that my twin daughters make breakfast every Saturday! It hasn't always gone perfectly in the past, but they've been learning all the time and everyone has to start somewhere!" But that would require Abbie to actually be nice about her children. Instead she just bitches about them constantly. Yeah, I know parenthood is difficult and everyone needs a good moan sometimes, but most of us don't complain so damn publicly, in pretty much every single social media post.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 20

10 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

How hard is it to make a nice post about your girls doing something kind without making backhanded comments or making it about yourself? Impossible for Abbie. Here's these two little girls trying to make their eternally displeased mother happy and she says absolutely horrible things about them. I can't stand that she talks so much shit about her kids and thinks it's totally fine as long as she says that she died to self or that it's sanctifying. Other moms who are realistic about the struggle and approach it with love and humor are somehow the bad moms, the mediocre ones. Meanwhile Abbie is over here saying that her kids make her feel a stinking pit of dread in her stomach and that she really didn't like breakfast with Evy and Nola until their food was worth eating. How cruel. But she's happy now because they're useful to her and it's one less thing for her to do. 

The most interesting tidbit here is the hint that Shaun wants a vasectomy. Oh God what I wouldn't give to be a fly on the wall during that conversation. 

Hide contents

1606311225_Screenshot_20220319-2229192.thumb.png.dabbc17e759cbe9e5833b6779ca85cbd.png234810274_Screenshot_20220319-2229302.png.9479a862868b6301bcef2b72d4492845.png

V*sectomonies. I want to punch her in the mouth for that alone. God she's just so extra about the worst parts of fundamentalism. Even the creepy old men who use their children's weddings to talk about how evil their vasectomy was dont censor it. Good job Braggie you're a mix of Steve Maxwell and the nastiest girls I knew in middle school. 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 3

Nah, I don't think she's talking about Shaun with that vasectomy mention.  If Shaun wanted a vasectomy badly enough, he'd just go get one.  He's getting some kind of emotional payoff out of this whole situation as well.  

Re: Braggie and her awful, backhanded compliment to the girls; that's just how narcissists give compliments.  I know it all too well. She has to make herself look like the longsuffering good mother, THEN say they're better at it now.  So that the real accomplishment is not the girls', but Braggie's for enduring all those bad breakfasts (which were probably fine).

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 4

She has a new gym? That’s interesting. Wonder what happened with the old one. I bet it’s Covid related. The old gym probably wanted her to take Covid precautions and the narc wouldn’t. Total speculation on my part. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

58 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She has a new gym? That’s interesting. Wonder what happened with the old one. I bet it’s Covid related. The old gym probably wanted her to take Covid precautions and the narc wouldn’t. Total speculation on my part. 

I was wondering if this was the first mention we had of a new gym.  Maybe this one doesn't have her on the 5 am schedule and she has less opportunities to tell us that hard isn't the same thing as bad.  

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

What I'd like to hear more about, beside the v*sectomies" (oh how cute - not) are "school choices"  and "church hurt.

What school choices? The kids are all home schooled. Surely Braggie is not thinking of sending the children to an actual school.  And "church hurt" What does that mean?  Is her church mean to her? Is she mad at the church because they're not as super sparkly, shiny, happy Jesus-y as Braggie is?  Is the church not fawning all over Braggie for writing a book while being a homeschooling mother of 10?

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

What I'd like to hear more about, beside the v*sectomies" (oh how cute - not) are "school choices"  and "church hurt.

What school choices? The kids are all home schooled. Surely Braggie is not thinking of sending the children to an actual school.  And "church hurt" What does that mean?  Is her church mean to her? Is she mad at the church because they're not as super sparkly, shiny, happy Jesus-y as Braggie is?  Is the church not fawning all over Braggie for writing a book while being a homeschooling mother of 10?

I wouldn’t be surprised if all of those things listed aren’t her personal issues. But issues of humpers who have asked for her amazing advice. Braggie would never have school choice, vasectomy, or church hurt problems. That’s way beneath her. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5

Everytime I think that I'm being overly critical of her she posts some shit like this. She really is so awful.  Those poor girls must have dealt with months of snide comments about their cooking.  I'm impressed that they kept at it but I'm sure some Christian guilt about how they need to help their poor exhausted mother contributed to their wanting to make Saturday morning breakfast. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

3 hours ago, Giraffe said:

@SuperNova where do you see her alluding to Shaun wanting a vasectomy?

She mentioned vasectomies and I took it to mean her and Shaun. I made an assumption (with a dash of wishful thinking) since the only theme Abbie really runs on is herself. More likely it was along the lines of what @JermajestyDuggar posted about Abbie giving amazing advice. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

I think I remember her mentioning that her original gym closed earlier this year.

• I Agree 2
  • Thank You 3

Recently, she also mentioned that she has zero sentimental bones in her body. She is not a nice or kind person, lacks self awareness and has a flat affect. She says mean things and seemingly does not understand how hurtful those comments can be.  She should not have had any kids. It’s just such an odd situation. I sometimes wonder if she is less than neurotypical and just can’t understand how destructive and hurtful her words and behaviors happen to be-

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

how destructive and hurtful her words and behaviors happen to be

I think she knows, and that's her intent.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I think she knows, and that's her intent.

Yep. She takes her children’s totally age appropriate behavior as personal affronts. And gets them back with her nasty backhanded posts on social media. 

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 3
  • I Agree 2

And does anyone here really think that Abbie has taken the time and energy required to patiently teach her kids the right/best way to do anything from start to finish? This is a lady who has combed her self reported dirty hair with a used fork from the floor of a rent a van. She clearly is not an organized, process, routine bound person (and even she admits that). So as her kids might be learning how to do things haphazardly, she is the root of the problem as she is the traditional “SAHM.” Even if she only had the first 2 boys, her methods would not be any different, yet she uses the fact that Shaun travels and all the kids as her get out jail free card. I feel so sorry for those kids. What an awful environment to grow up in. You just know Abbie is a cold hearted, critical, impatient witch.

• Upvote 14

Those breakfasts were totally a problem of Abbie's own making. She or Shaun could've sat down with the girls early each week to help them pick an age-appropriate recipe, have them make sure all the ingredients are on the shopping list, and then supervise cooking the morning of. They could've encouraged their independence, just with a little guidance. Those girls were 8 years old! Who in the world (besides Abbie) expects kids that age to make a perfect, hot breakfast every single weekend!

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 8

16 minutes ago, Wifey4Lifey said:

Those breakfasts were totally a problem of Abbie's own making. She or Shaun could've sat down with the girls early each week to help them pick an age-appropriate recipe, have them make sure all the ingredients are on the shopping list, and then supervise cooking the morning of. They could've encouraged their independence, just with a little guidance. Those girls were 8 years old! Who in the world (besides Abbie) expects kids that age to make a perfect, hot breakfast every single weekend!

But that would mean that either Shaun or Abbie would have had to get their butt out of bed to supervise and guide; otherwise known as being a parent. Abbie is lazy at her core and Shaun is disinterested.

• Upvote 8

I just noticed something on her IG Motivate Monday List. The first item is feed Twinbies. Does she usually put feeding her babies on her chore list? Well, she also put “eat lunch” on the list. She is just odd. I wish there was something motivating or inspirational I could find in Abbie and her ways, but everything about her approach rubs me the wrong way.

19 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I just noticed something on her IG Motivate Monday List. The first item is feed Twinbies. Does she usually put feeding her babies on her chore list? Well, she also put “eat lunch” on the list. She is just odd. I wish there was something motivating or inspirational I could find in Abbie and her ways, but everything about her approach rubs me the wrong way.

Childless here. However, I have had lots of dogs, cats and horses over the years and I have never put feeding the critters on my to-do list, and I live and die by my to-do lists. The only time I can EVER remember forgetting to feed the dogs was the morning after the insurrection, because I was too upset and too busy web surfing news sites to remember to feed them, or myself for that matter. They forgave me when I finally remembered mid-morning. 

• Love 10

31 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Her lists always seem more like a schedule to me. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic