IGNORED

(CW: CSA) Josh & Anna 40 : Hope NWA Has Enough Booze* to Get the Jurors Through the Weekend

HerNameIsBuffy

A few pages ago people were talking about what Jed's testimony will be like. I think his and Jill's will be pretty honest and not spare punches at Josh. I am betting the prosecution interviewed all his siblings and picked the two who would help their case the most. They had a lot of choices and for whatever reason picked those two. They weren't going to pick siblings who seemed hell bent to keep up the party line. Now if they were testifying for the defense that would be different. 

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, Idlewild said:

@Freejin I used to be a criminal lawyer (albeit in England). Reasons I have seen for pleading not guilty in CSA cases even where the evidence is overwhelming 

Belief that denying it will give them an easier time in the prison system

Pressure from family after they have previously denied it and can’t bear to own up to the truth

Some very sick individuals do not consider it a crime - they are hardcore paedophiles who believe in the sexuality of children ( do yourself a favour and DON’T research this) 

Belief that the prosecution should be put to proof and they may just get away with it

I am sure there are others but I think they’re the most common. 

I go for not thinking it was a crime. That line of thinking is straight out of ATI

• Upvote 6

59 minutes ago, MomJeans said:

Unlike state, federal convicts have to serve the majority of their sentences.  Not all, but nearly all.  

Behaving in prison will get him privileges, such as access to library books and educational classes.  

Well, he would need some but I don't think he will make any use of them.😆

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Pink Muffin said:

These people think all sins are equal so what he did is not a big deal since we all sin. And there are no victims, no harm done to real people since sin is against God, God is the victim. 

Chrissy Stroop calls this exact phenomenon "sin flattening":

858870621_Sinflatteninginfundieworld.thumb.png.6ec6bc26db7420dc8bb0cb585c7e1a77.png

45 minutes ago, FiveAcres said:

Josh only did the installation: he was getting the files he wanted off the dark web and not from a backup. 

Precisely. As I've said, he knew exactly where to go online to get what he wanted. This was not his first time or an accident or anything like that. He has accessed CSAM for years but finally got caught. 

• Upvote 18
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

I go for not thinking it was a crime. That line of thinking is straight out of ATI

No. These people absolutely think that all this stuff is terrible and a crime. That is why Michelle warned people about it in her robocall. It is what Jim Bob said there should be harsh punishments for. It is what this entire group of people have been wailing about for years. Except, they maintain it is only scary liberals who do it. Josh is one of them therefore he could not have done it. And if he did do it, it isn't as bad as what the evil liberals do. You see the same thing with Trump supporters. The action is only bad if the other side does it. They know it is a crime, they just can't admit that they had a bad guy on their side. 

• Upvote 43
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 2

2 hours ago, Idlewild said:

@Freejin I used to be a criminal lawyer (albeit in England). Reasons I have seen for pleading not guilty in CSA cases even where the evidence is overwhelming 

Belief that denying it will give them an easier time in the prison system

Pressure from family after they have previously denied it and can’t bear to own up to the truth

Some very sick individuals do not consider it a crime - they are hardcore paedophiles who believe in the sexuality of children ( do yourself a favour and DON’T research this) 

Belief that the prosecution should be put to proof and they may just get away with it

I am sure there are others but I think they’re the most common. 

This all makes sense. But in your experience, is there ever a moment when the person has to come clean, emotionally, to themselves and their family once a guilty verdict is reached?

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, SamanthasMom said:

People need to stop making excuses for Anna. She has siblings that have done better and so does her husband. While this is an extreme example, she is not the first woman to have her husband not pan out like she thought. Most recalibrate, work, limit the number of children and/or leave. She has leaned into this identity including spreading hate towards women in similarly difficult situations.

Yes, she likely has very limited support both emotionally and financially, but her children are children, not her. 

Anna exists in a cult. Most people do not. Before she can better take care of herself and her children, she needs help getting out of the cult, and only then can she transition to a safe, healthy life for herself and the kids, on the outside. 

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • I Agree 7

Just now, SassyPants said:

Anna exists in a cult. Most people do not. Before she can better take care of herself and her children, she needs help getting out of the cult, and only then can she transition to a safe, healthy life for herself and the kids, on the outside. 

But she has so much access to people outside the cult - siblings, Amy, etc. At a certain point isn’t it just a choice to stay in abusive situations?

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 3

4 minutes ago, fish_ca said:

Well, he would need some but I don't think he will make any use of them.😆

Strangely I do think he might take advantage of any education offered. He will try to be a model inmate. He will plead innocence throughout his prison term. He also knows that once free again his future will be living back in the warehouse with his martyr of a wife,  children in their teens and the possibility of a late surprise baby, (depending on him receiving only 7-9 years). Non of which he wants. If he can gain a degree of some sort he will have more freedom, be out from underJ-Bs thumb. Josh hates his life, he has made that clear through his actions.  Not sure who would employ him. I can possibly see him running to Alaska as someone mentioned earlier.  Originally I thought he would t be able to really ‘hide’ but that’s a possibility.  IMO I can’t see him willingly return to warehouse life at all. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

31 minutes ago, Freejin said:

But she has so much access to people outside the cult - siblings, Amy, etc. At a certain point isn’t it just a choice to stay in abusive situations?

If anyone could help her, it would be Jill /the Dillards. These are the only people she knows who have escaped from JB’s cult. I question so many of Anna’s decisions. I can’t believe they had more kids after Meredith. To me that’s crazy. After this last revelation, there is no way to defend her staying. I hope once he is sentenced and out of the picture, she calmly exists.

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 10

I think Jed! will testify on Josh's behalf as he worked at the car dealership.  Plus he needs JB's money if he wants a political career.

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

FYI, on Reddit there is an AMA from a lady who says she has been attending the trial and has sat behind the Duggar tow.

Thanks so much for this link.

An added bonus is that a commenter in the thread provided an additional link to a great recap -- with screenshots from the original blog post -- of David Waller's career as a pecan thief: 

Last week we shared an older story about Duggar in-laws, the Wallers. It was the perfect Quiverfull story because it fully exhibited many of the things very wrong in that theology. You had white Christian entitlement, people that believed their faith made them superior to the laws and the legal rights of others, good clean Christian martyrbating, exhibiting and using of reproductive choices to manipulate others, and the beat goes on.

We barely touched upon it, and just like that it was scrubbed from the David and Priscilla Waller website.  NLQ is hardly the only ones to publicly remark on the story, and it’s been up for years now. What gives?

Thankfully a little thing known as the Wayback Machine had archived the pages, but not the photographs. We’re sharing the entire story here today to illustrate the many things so wrong in this theology. Screen caps of the site are forever. You have to mark your site for the robots not to crawl and take automatic screen shots. I am guessing David does not know this. Used to be the tag </norobots.txt> if I am remembering right.

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

Strangely I do think he might take advantage of any education offered. He will try to be a model inmate. 

I think even Josh, as arrogant and delusional as he is, is very aware that he will not be running the prison yard, either physically or mentally. 

He will shut up and try to fly under the radar. These thoughts are probably his biggest concern right now. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

4 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

is very aware that he will not be running the prison yard, either physically or mentally. 

Josh's soft, pudgy body will get him no respect in prison. 

• Upvote 5
  • Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 1

5 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

Strangely I do think he might take advantage of any education offered. He will try to be a model inmate. He will plead innocence throughout his prison term. He also knows that once free again his future will be living back in the warehouse with his martyr of a wife,  children in their teens and the possibility of a late surprise baby, (depending on him receiving only 7-9 years). Non of which he wants. If he can gain a degree of some sort he will have more freedom, be out from underJ-Bs thumb. Josh hates his life, he has made that clear through his actions.  Not sure who would employ him. I can possibly see him running to Alaska as someone mentioned earlier.  Originally I thought he would t be able to really ‘hide’ but that’s a possibility.  IMO I can’t see him willingly return to warehouse life at all. 

I totally agree with this. I hate what Josh has done and what his life has become. I just wonder why he could never stand up to his father. JB and M effed up all their kids, Josh included. Josh has hated his life for about 30 years, and his parents intentionally made sure that they withheld important skills, lessons and opportunities that would allow their grown offspring to lead independent, self fulfilling lives. What JB and M did and more importantly did not do in raising all those kids, was more than a disservice.

• Upvote 12
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 4

6 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Thanks so much for this link.

An added bonus is that a commenter in the thread provided an additional link to a great recap -- with screenshots from the original blog post -- of David Waller's career as a pecan thief: 

The Pecan Theif story is truly the perfect example of why these people are standing by Josh. Pecan stole items and then painted the victim of their crime as the bad guy. But I bet if it had been a gay couple who had stolen a bag of pecans, he would have no issues calling it theft. Their world view is that they are the good guys. Always. 

• Upvote 28
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Chickenbutt said:

Josh's soft, pudgy body will get him no respect in prison. 

In prison he will find out no one knows or cares he used to be a tv star golden boy. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

35 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

Perhaps. But to believe I would need to see some remorse first. So far I saw nothing but arrogance.

I think you right he hates his life. I also think he hates it to the point, when even convicted and served full sentence, he would leave Anna and run to Alaska. They are both unhappy but still together because they have to. But I still can't see him taking advantage of some formal education.

Edited by fish_ca
Wording
  • Upvote 2

Guys. How are we going to deal with having to wait so long for a verdict??

And does anyone know if any of the duggars went to the bates wedding?

Edited by Freejin
Posted the same thing twice by accident
  • Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

n prison he will find out no one knows or cares he used to be a tv star golden boy. 

I am picturing Josh walking in with his swagger, smug grin and attitude of "don't you know who I am"? The guards and inmates are not going to care and Josh will have a "come to Jesus" moment that he is in way over his head and the crap he has used for so many years to fool the world, are not going to fly in the prison yard. He is in for a rude awakening. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, PinkGreyBrown said:

Speaking of potential Duggar tell-alls: I've always thought that -- aside from the primary Duggars -- Anna seemed the most effectively positioned to cash in with a tell-all. I've thought that since before Josh's CSAM arrest. She's bearing a great deal of stress & thus might crumble earlier than others in the primary group.

Wonder if JB had her sign a NDA

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1

I think Josh will avail himself of some educational opportunities in prison. When he was younger, he wanted to be a lawyer. At some point he envisioned going for more education. Instead he continued to do as JB wanted and lived his secret depraved life on the side. With JB's edicts out of the way, I think he will probably go for more. He's not as smart as he thinks he is, but he isn't stupid either, and in a normal family would have pursued more education or training. Out of a need to fill his day if nothing else, he will look into it, IMO. I also agree with some of the other reasons posted above. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

Can someone with more knowledge on how this all works help me? So right now, it's looking good for him to get convicted. But isn't that just because right now it's the prosecution's turn? When the defense has their turn, won't they just have as much time to make their side look strong too? And then that's the last thing the jury will hear other than closing arguments? I am really nervous to be confident about him actually going to jail. 

• Upvote 5

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic