IGNORED

(CW: CSA) Josh & Anna 40 : Hope NWA Has Enough Booze* to Get the Jurors Through the Weekend

HerNameIsBuffy

Whatever happens with the trial, Anna will stand by Josh. He didn't download that  material, according to Anna, its a government plot against him. I don't think anything that happens or what anyone says will ever convince her otherwise. She is that brainwashed.

• Upvote 6

12 hours ago, feministxtian said:

Can someone link me to Amy's insta stories? I'm an Insta novice. 

If you go to her account on Instagram @amyrachelleking and click on her profile photo, they are there. But they expire after 24 hours, so about 10 more hours to go.

11 hours ago, 3KidsAndStopped said:

I have been mulling over the prosecution and defence arguments yesterday. The defence line IMO is weak and contradictory.

The password to the partition was the same one as used on the family social media and possibly also banking (WTF who does this?!). But apparently lots of people knew the password.

In the next breath, Josh is so concerned about privacy, he downloads Tor to protect his personal information. 

Apparently the defence are arguing that Josh has enough nous to create a partition, install a secure, anonymous browser but negated all of these "security" measures by sharing passwords to personal accounts.

It makes no sense.

I think it makes sense if you remember Josh is arrogant, lazy and stupid. I really think he did the minimum he needed to do to cover his tracks but no more. He knew enough to know he needed a partition and Tor browser to get to and hide the CSAM, but he didn’t think there was any chance anyone would catch on ans go digging any deeper than that. So he used an easy to remember password (no extra work remembering hard sequences of letters and numbers!) and left all the files sitting on the desktop of the partition (no extra work opening folders and sub folders!). He was too lazy to hide it better than that, and too arrogant to think it was necessary.

4 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Anna exists in a cult. Most people do not. Before she can better take care of herself and her children, she needs help getting out of the cult, and only then can she transition to a safe, healthy life for herself and the kids, on the outside. 

I agree - I think at this point she needs cult deprogramming, not just a hard shake or good therapy. She is in deep, deep denial and cognitive dissonance. Her entire sense of self is wrapped up in her beliefs in this cult that she has been raised in since birth. And yes, other people including some of her own siblings have gotten out. Good for them! Everyone is different, processes things differently, handles things differently. I have family members who have been sent into complete tailspins of deep depression due to life events that have not done the same to me. It doesn’t mean I’m better than them, it’s just that we’re wired differently and have different experiences in our lives. If I wouldn’t tell someone who is clinically depressed to just cheer up or do some yoga to feel better, I certainly wouldn’t take that approach to someone who has been mentally, emotionally and spiritually abused their entire life either.

What’s really sad is that the tragedy of Anna’s extremely successful and entrenched cult programming makes it so hard for her to see the real damage and pain she’s exposing herself and her children to. That she doesn’t realize it doesn’t need to be this way, even when the truth and offers of help are screaming and jumping up and down in front of her face. I don’t need to choose whether to empathize with Anna OR her children. They’re all victims, and even though she is an adult who is responsible for her children’s lives, she’s still a victim of cult programming that has given her a narrow and fucked up set of options and put blinders on her to all others. Nobody wins here, we don’t need to pick a bad guy, beyond the entire fucked up system she exists inside of.

What I truly hope for is some glimmer of realization from her, that she needs to get out and find a new world. And that her wealthy sister can then pay for the best cult deprogramming that money can buy, and therapy for all of her kids.

Recognizing the reality of Anna’s situation and the uphill climb it is for her to wake up and get out doesn’t preclude being sad and angry that it hasn’t been an easier road to this for her, for her children’s sake. It’s not “OK” that Anna has made the choices that she has, the outcomes have not been good to say the least. But it’s “understandable” for lack of a better word given her background, and I think needs to be taken into account when discussing why she has or has not made different and better choices up til now. If you don’t agree and feel no empathy for Anna at all and feel she should be in complete, mentally healthy control of her choices the moment she reached some point in her life, as though reaching adulthood or having children washes away a lifetime of abuse and brainwashing (if only) then that’s your prerogative. But I don’t agree. The consequences of her actions are what they are though, and maybe one day she’ll start to come to terms with them and start making it right. That’s my hope for her and her kids.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 9

Seeing the FW comments for myself and not descriptions of it (I’m in the group) I, a very skeptical person by nature, am firmly on the side they have the ring of truth. I think what people on FJ need to understand is the person reporting was overcome with emotions and the details of the horror she was hearing,  and had to leave the courtroom yesterday. )around the halfway point, I think)  Her family members are updating her , and she is then paraphrasing it to Fundie Wonderland and then fundie wonderland members are paraphrasing to free jinger. I do think the way she clarified Mrs holts comments when questioned on it is believable. 

I also think people are making way too big of a deal over whether Anna cried or not. Anna is not going to make a scene and try to make the news. (Person reporting actually stated she mostly had her head down staring at the ground throughout)  When I was the juror the way the cameras were set up towards the podium (j forget what that area is called. Witness box? And the area the lawyers stood) the overflow room would not have a good angle on someone in the front row quickly wiping away a tear, but someone sitting behind her at the right angle might. (Devil’s advocate, of course the layout of this courtroom perhaps has a different layout? But I don’t know why they would point a camera towards the crowd) She was not described as sobbing or doing anything to draw attention to herself. Paraphrasing she just quickly wiped away a tear when the prosecution mentioned a text to Anna at the time stuff was being downloaded. 

She also made a point of clarifying any reports people are reading about Anna having an ‘outburst’ about the phone number was not accurate. She reported Anna merely whispered something to the lawyer at that time.

just my two cents and we will surely find out in time of it was truthful or not :) I will continue to watch that group for updates. I don’t think it’s pickles-worthy of lies. At best my person opinion is she could be mistaken about tiny facts. 

• Upvote 8
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 7
  • Thank You 9

23 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Oh I forgot to link it, sorry edible kicked in.  I'll find it and edit this post, just gimme a few.

From 

To be clear, @HerNameIsBuffy, I wasn't eye-rolling at you. The emoji was but a mini representation of my actual eyeroll toward HS, which looked more like this: 

Spoiler

30 Rock Eye Roll GIF by TV Land Classic

I simply cannot with this woman. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 26
  • I Agree 1

Yeah, definitely don't want any "negativity documented" when dealing with...sadistic child sexual abuse. 

How are these people's brains so fucked and their range of emotions this repressed?

Edited by nausicaa
  • Upvote 45
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

11 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

Oh and you were thrilled when your daughter hooked up with the Duggars and was being filmed, giving interviews in People etc, so don’t go moaning about the media.

I'm a little out of it atm and thought you were talking to me.  For a second I wondered if people thought my daughter's recent engagement was to a Duggar!  🤣

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 36
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I'm a little out of it atm and thought you were talking to me.  For a second I wondered if people thought my daughter's recent engagement was to a Duggar!  🤣

Oh no- congratulations to your daughter - I’m sure her fiancé is a lovely non Duggar!!  Hilary just grates on me- it’s her sort that have enabled and kept the Duggars where they are.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

Oh no- congratulations to your daughter - I’m sure her fiancé is a lovely non Duggar!!  Hilary just grates on me- it’s her sort that have enabled and kept the Duggars where they are.

Besides, don't the Spivy's have a conflict of interest when dealing with Josh since he was supposedly rehabilitated by a program they were running?

• Upvote 11
  • WTF 1

14 minutes ago, FleeJanaFree said:

think what people on FJ need to understand is the person reporting was overcome with emotions and the details of the horror she was hearing,  and had to leave the courtroom yesterday. )around the halfway point, I think)  Her family members are updating her , and she is then paraphrasing it to Fundie Wonderland and then fundie wonderland members are paraphrasing to free jinger. I do think the way she clarified Mrs holts comments when questioned on it is believable.

The issue is, is that she is saying that some very shocking things were said when literally no one else is reporting they were said.  There is zero chance that the Sun wouldn't have jumped all over Ms. Holt's advice to get a bigger house but JB was too cheap. They would have devoted an entire dramatic article to just that. When all the people report back very similar things and one person reports back something totally different, that one person is almost certainly lying. It is beyond reason to think that none of the other people would have mentioned these shocking statements read by the prosecution. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

20 minutes ago, FleeJanaFree said:

Shots fired from cousin Amy! 

D2346426-29DE-42F6-9E3B-7D744B25EF82.jpeg

Death is too good for that POS!! Let him rott!!!!

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

Throwing this out , just my 2 cents.

I think Josh is grinning and smug because he know this trial will burn it all down.  Not defending him in any way as I believe he's a pedophile monster.  I see a great deal of anger/ rage/ fury in Josh -- against his parents, their weird fundie life, his lack of education, the isolation, growing up really poor, the forced/ arranged marriage with the accompanying quiver, his lack of options and opportunities, the whole Dugger-dom disaster

Yes he's been the golden child - but he had none of the opportunities that the golden child normally has. His original molestation was covered up, he only did Jesus-jail and until now there have been no real consequences for the awful things he's done.  But now .......  they lost the show, the money isn't rolling in. Boob may lose his election, and Josh's story shows the world how terrible, twisted, and sick Duggar-dom really is. That's why he chose a trial so it can all come out

A tiny part of me thinks Josh wanted to be caught, that's why his internet security was so lax. Josh is smug and uneducated  but not stupid - he's lizard smart..  He knows if he's arrested what they'll find, He knows if there's a trial what will come out.  He knows there's a 99.99999% he's going down hard, but so will Duggar-dom.

I have this fantasy that Josh will admit in open court he did it. Everything. All of it beginning when he was 12.  That he'll admit that the downloaded CSA is what he likes; what he needs;  what he craves. That he'll say it in such a way that the jury, Anna, his siblings, the extended family, and especially Boob and J'Chelle will have less that zero doubt he's guilty as hell.

Let this trail burn it down. Burn. It. All. Down.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 2

55 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Oh I forgot to link it, sorry edible kicked in.  I'll find it and edit this post, just gimme a few.

From 

"Due to helping out in other ways, I was not able to be there with Anna as much as I wanted to. I don't think any of us, not even myself, can understand what she's going through."

Someone has an awfully high opinion of her importance to the Duggar family...

• Upvote 26
  • Eyeroll 3
  • I Agree 21
  • Thank You 2

12 hours ago, feministxtian said:

The defense is trying everything and anything to put doubt in the jurors' minds.

Well, as they say, if you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bullshit. The technology aspect offers an opportunity to put a lot of mud in the water. Linux, Tor, partitions, etc. are outside most people's experience. If you don't have a case, you can only hope that something will click with a juror or two.

• Upvote 7

3 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Perosnally I hope they send him somewhere where Anna would have to put the kids on a plane to visit.  I hate the thought of their childhoods being built around weekend visits to prison.

Agreed.  And I hope it will be a very away prison.  And that the Duggar planes are too small, or it becomes to expensive to fly out there often.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

Is Boob running, or is he pretending to run in order to fundraise in order to pay for the greasy ones defense? 

I agree that Smuggar is full of hate and anger against the life that he was to live without exeption, and i can even see his offending based on that. What better way to undo your parents ideas by 'spoiling' the good girls of the family for their future husbands. After all, in their circles parents are judged on how isolated, uninformed, and virginal their children are at the point of marriage. Never mind that they can't have real jobs, and in the case of the girls will be fucked from one pregnancy to the next. And to be honest, do children - even babies - even matter in this mindset, they don't have children because they want them or love them, they have children because that is what happens if you have intercourse, and women can't say no, and men are beastly beings who can't help themselves and thus children are born. You can force couples to go from one pregnancy to the next without respite, but you can't force them to love these children. 

the whole family is fucked beyond believe, but if one or some of the guys have certain fetishes then that will lead to abuse. And generally it is always the weakest, the designated scape goat that will get abused. 

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 1

22 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

The issue is, is that she is saying that some very shocking things were said when literally no one else is reporting they were said.  There is zero chance that the Sun wouldn't have jumped all over Ms. Holt's advice to get a bigger house but JB was too cheap. They would have devoted an entire dramatic article to just that. When all the people report back very similar things and one person reports back something totally different, that one person is almost certainly lying. It is beyond reason to think that none of the other people would have mentioned these shocking statements read by the prosecution. 

I agree.  Emily D Baker read the Holt testimony verbatim from the court documents and those things aren't mentioned (although it was mentioned that the abuse started years earlier when Josh was about 12.)

The other thing was they said a recording of Bobey's testimony was played in court.  It was completely incongruous as the entire day was about computer forensics.  And she's on the witness list, why play a tape even if it was relevant.  That makes no sense.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 5

I wondered if JB’s run for senate was a grifting scam but I honestly think he is so up his own arse he believes he has a shot. The TV show is over but he isn’t done with the limelight. If you look at the statement he and Michelle made when the show was cancelled, it’s clear he thinks he is an awesome influence.

‘Over the years, some of our most treasured moments have been those when we met children across the country who are alive today because of our testimony that children are a blessing—a special gift from God—and that the only real hope for individuals and families is a close relationship with Jesus Christ’

• Upvote 14
  • Thank You 1

I swear to god Hilary Spivey is a less intense Jrod without eyeliner and plexus.

• Upvote 15
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 7
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

46 minutes ago, FleeJanaFree said:

Shots fired from cousin Amy! 

D2346426-29DE-42F6-9E3B-7D744B25EF82.jpeg

Wow. Amy rocks and sure isn’t keeping sweet 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 8

3 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I agree.  Emily D Baker read the Holt testimony verbatim from the court documents and those things aren't mentioned (although it was mentioned that the abuse started years earlier when Josh was about 12.)

The other thing was they said a recording of Bobey's testimony was played in court.  It was completely incongruous as the entire day was about computer forensics.  And she's on the witness list, why play a tape even if it was relevant.  That makes no sense.

Not only that, but I cannot see the court allowing a recording to be played when they can call the living person to testify, and in fact will hear from her next week.  The defence would understandably object to a recording being played because they cannot cross examine.  

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

1 minute ago, Idlewild said:

I wondered if JB’s run for senate was a grifting scam but I honestly think he is so up his own arse he believes he has a shot. The TV show is over but he isn’t done with the limelight. If you look at the statement he and Michelle made when the show was cancelled, it’s clear he thinks he is an awesome influence.

‘Over the years, some of our most treasured moments have been those when we met children across the country who are alive today because of our testimony that children are a blessing—a special gift from God—and that the only real hope for individuals and families is a close relationship with Jesus Christ’

And how many children have suffered at the hands of your son

• Upvote 17

3 minutes ago, zimona said:

She simply cannot afford to fall apart right now, and stepping out of the cult overnight would most likely result in some sort of emotional explosion and blow up.
It's such a mess and there simply is no easy way out.

That is what i think. Fwiw, in order to see my siblings i had to be 'nice' to my rapist. As he continued to live at home and my Mother never even acknowledge the abuse, she simply could not. Her whole life was centered around this man and her inability to see the damage that he did to her children from her first marriage was washed away in booze and denial. The day of her funeral was the most liberating day in my life. My brother and I left the house and simply told him to go to hell. I have been the easiest and happiest since. 

But i stayed away from home for long periods of time - years to be honest - because i could have very easily taken a knife to that guy in a manner that would have made the inventor of a thousand cuts blush with embarrassment. But i always knew deep down, that doing that would hurt me more then him.

And unless Anna understands that she need not keep sweet, that she can leave, that she will not be abandoned, that her god will still keep her in his favor, she will bottle it all up and pretend it did not happen. Just like my Mum. Who had her first beer of the day at 10 Am in the morning. I wonder what Anna does to prevent her from thinking. Self flagellation? I don't think that she has anyone right now there that actually loves her, and that would stage an intervention. I hope that someone will show up and tell her to pull her head out of her behind, and understand the damage she is doing to her kids and herself. Someone, anyone. But i don't know if that will happen, it never happened for my mum - and she lost three kids and grand children because of the 'headship' in our house. 

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 2
  • Love 39

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic