IGNORED

Duggar Trial Respite Thread

FiveAcres

4 hours ago, Howl said:

Donkey! 

Tell us about the filling! 

Ground beef, dill, an egg yolk, a little tomato sauce, little onion, and a mix of white and brown rice because that's what we had. There was a bit of a miscommunication with my sous chef (a.k.a mom), on the amount of rice, and we ended up with likely much more than the recipe called, but it worked out fine. And salt and pepper.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 3

What are we doing for self care today?

I am just living life, feeding my sourdough starter, making whole grain sourdough bread. I’ll go to therapy, including an art group. I may paint some ornaments today as well.

It is unseasonably warm today so I suspect much of my time will be spent letting the feline headship in and out of that mythical, promise land known as outside. 

Edited by Father Son Holy Goat
Wanted to talk about my cat
  • Upvote 7
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

I am just living life, feeding my sourdough starter, making whole grain sourdough bread. I’ll go to therapy, including an art group. I may paint some ornaments today as well.

I am doing some maintenance stuff on my computer, which makes it handy to check for updates. 

I also want to finish my Xmas shopping, do a little yoga, and work on my junk journal. It is bitterly cold here in Colorado but will start warming up again tomorrow.

• Upvote 6

47 minutes ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

Sitting here perusing FJ. It's cold and cloudy in my part of Colorado. I need to get my stuff together and start writing my English final paper. UGH! Luke is doing his usual sleeping curled up next to me. 

Yesterday I had a blast. I volunteered for the annual Christmas Store sponsored by my church and Parker Adventist hospital. 4 hours of wrapping presents for kids who were so excited to be able to get presents for parents and siblings. No crap either. Lots of stuff like painting kits, RC toys, nice, brand name stuff, official Broncos merch. Seeing the kids smiling as they showed off their gifts to their family was heartwarming. Little ones showing me what they got for mommy, or a special sibling...Everybody should do this just once. 

• Love 13

1 hour ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

You know things were going ok… I was trying to be productive at work and also watch the leaves blow around cause it’s very blustery here… but then… then my mangy mongrel of a dog, the same brainless fluff I posted here earlier in this thread… she… she dragged a very dead stiff squirrel upon my porch and was 🤢 chewing on its head. Ya’ll I threw up. Omg… I had to shovel that carcus up and I had to yell at the idiot dog to get off it omg…

I believe I will now make peppermint tea. The dog is all giving me sad eyes for yelling… 

stupid beast!

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 7

Just now, EyesOpen said:

You know things were going ok… I was trying to be productive at work and also watch the leaves blow around cause it’s very blustery here… but then… then my mangy mongrel of a dog, the same brainless fluff I posted here earlier in this thread… she… she dragged a very dead stiff squirrel upon my porch and was 🤢 chewing on its head. Ya’ll I threw up. Omg… I had to shovel that carcus up and I had to yell at the idiot dog to get off it omg…

I believe I will now make peppermint tea. The dog is all giving me sad eyes for yelling… 

stupid beast!

One of the least appealing things about having dogs....

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

I’m also enjoying eggnog tea. I had hopes that it would be good but expected it to be bad since I haven’t liked this brand before. It was a surprise hit! 

• Upvote 5

13 minutes ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

I’m also enjoying eggnog tea. I had hopes that it would be good but expected it to be bad since I haven’t liked this brand before. It was a surprise hit! 

This reminds me that I have some good hot chocolate mix in the pantry. At least it is a step up from Swiss Miss. 

• Upvote 5

This is not my fur baby (never had one) 

However, I do use this as a meme for when I playfully disagree with anyone

1A4C1884-4BA3-4F40-8441-5ACCBF819410.jpeg.8f7b9bb525a6a75432f21161a25d6e12.jpeg

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 19
  • Love 4

Caught all three of them in one photo this morning -- a rarity, since one of them is a scaredy-cat and another of them is a fighty-cat!

F4C1809D-3F3E-4DC4-985E-C8A6F632C654.thumb.jpeg.66b1a431b40faf0c1d7cc91d60b21217.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Love 15

I found this tiny man in the snow in my garden!  A few days ago  .Think he's settled in well

IMG_20211206_213235.jpg

IMG_20211129_192240.jpg

Edited by byzant
Sp
  • Haha 1
  • Love 29

@byzant, what a little cutie!  

Sam was a found kitten as well; it’s a cold and windy night here, and I think he’s content.

0A959636-2294-463B-80F6-38B01BA9DDE9.jpeg

• Love 19

On vacay in Aruba (25th anniversary and hubs 50th bday). Do not have any pics of my dearly departed dog Sam here that don't show kiddos. Thus, you get to meet Gerard, who is also staying at our Air BNB.Resized_20211205_181606.thumb.jpeg.2ccd0e8f6f363a80a08b0160287f7582.jpeg

• Upvote 12
  • Love 9

My animal control rescue. She was days away from being put down. Absolute sweetheart and the biggest lapdog we’ve ever had!C36B404F-8D06-4034-ABE1-2816E136312C.thumb.jpeg.176315ad0630a4f6cc1b6f76c48a1573.jpeg

• Love 24

11 hours ago, Bassett Lady said:

Baking banana bread. 

Is it very odd that I really like making banana bread but absolutely despise bananas? I can’t stand the taste or texture, or the smell anywhere other than banana bread. I love the smell when it’s cooking. Won’t eat it though. Yup. I’m officially weird. 🤷‍♀️😂

Edited by AnywhereButHere
  • Upvote 6
  • Love 1

Love seeing all the little critters. And of course the baking and self-care ideas. @EyesOpen yeah, we love them one minute and want to strangle them the next. I put a bag of trash outside and whaddya know, Sadie and Sabot got into it. Luke is now complaining because that's what he does. Destructo-pup is now all curled up in her chair acting all innocent. 

Never a dull moment! 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

Care to share the brand?

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

14 hours ago, Bassett Lady said:

Basset silliness, snuggles, and belly rubs are a nice counterpoint to the trial.

718415F4-9B09-4CD7-B6B5-D63A07E47D31.jpeg

Is it true they love to stink? My aunt had one and she loved to stink.

7 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

@HideousGreenShirt, your baby reminds me so much of my late Shih tzu, Chloe.  Chloe was such a sweetheart and your pup looks like she is, too.  

@Jrodseyeliner.  I love that you took your doggie to Culvers!

@TheWayTheWorldWorks,  I saw a few geckos on our bathroom walls when we went to Tanzania for our 40th.  

She goes everywhere with me. We lost her brother a few years ago and she has been very attached to my mom and me. 

• Love 6

18 hours ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

I’m a teacher so I’ll be catching up on the trial during my planning and lunch, but I’m spending the day giving quizzes to all of my high schoolers so it’s an easy day. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 4