IGNORED

Duggar Trial Respite Thread

FiveAcres

We’re teaching our seven-month-old grandson “gentle, gentle” as he learns to pet the cats. Sometimes the cats like it; sometimes not. 

54D883A1-BB51-4897-AC22-81B8E90B7860.jpeg

• Upvote 4
  • Love 19

16386416270676759118172044575953.thumb.jpg.45a9dcbef24b54aa614e65ede0285b87.jpgThis is Minnie, one of my 2 girls, she loves to sleep on people in winter but she has to choose you. She is helping me these days to be able to get through the trial threads. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 24

Oh my goodness all these adorable kitties. 🥰 Here’s the shenanigans Mr. Kitty’s been up to today while I was swapping out my fall stuff for the holiday:  

9E44AC04-C603-4AE8-B5E6-6417EEE4481A.jpeg

• Love 26

@The Mother Dust,  that video of the horses brought tears to my eyes.  I was sad that Star was stillborn, but glad that his mother adopted the orphaned foal!

@lizzybee, one of my daughters was talking to me recently about getting a dog just to ride around with her just as Tansy is doing.  She was thinking about a beagle or a corgi, but if she saw Tansy's photo, she'd probably be tempted to get a Labradoodle.  Well, I would anyway.   I miss my terrier, Lucy, every time I have to go to the drive-in window at the bank. She loved getting her biscuits at the bank!  Neither of my current dogs like to ride in the car, unfortunately.  

@fluffernutter,  Mr Kitty seems well-endowed, whisker-wise.  

• Upvote 2
  • Love 7

@The Mother Dust I knew a Thoroughbred mare that would try to "steal" babies from other mares. She had also had several of her own, and was an excellent mother. When a local horse owner lost a mare right after foaling, the owner borrowed DJ to help raise the foal. DJ didn't produce milk, so the foal had to be bottle fed, but DJ did all the rest of the mothering that the foal needed to be psychologically healthy. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 11

Waiting in line for a bus...😂🤣 I just can't with them all, I love them so much 😍IMG-20211204-WA0025.thumb.jpeg.5b4c0043a5ccb1de50242e711eff7184.jpeg

• Love 24

17 minutes ago, FiveAcres said:

@The Mother Dust I knew a Thoroughbred mare that would try to "steal" babies from other mares. She had also had several of her own, and was an excellent mother. When a local horse owner lost a mare right after foaling, the owner borrowed DJ to help raise the foal. DJ didn't produce milk, so the foal had to be bottle fed, but DJ did all the rest of the mothering that the foal needed to be psychologically healthy. 

Thats so interesting.  Thank you for sharing that story, I'm so glad that foal ended up being ok.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

20 hours ago, FiveAcres said:

It occured to me that we need a Duggar Trial Respite Thread. Some people were using the JRod thread for respite which could potentially suck since TIJWATA.

So post your Pets! Sunrises and Sunsets! That cute thing your offspring / grandoffspring did this morning. Feel good stories of any sort. I will find my photo of the burrowing Boston.

This is Bandit, the burrowing Boston Terrier. If he can't find a lap, he likes to burrow in the bedding. 

20210506_burrowing_boston.thumb.jpg.3b004e30eaff06013d633b4e8f0ebc43.jpg

Hide contents

Here's my poppy wearing my neck ring wondering what the heck i was doing  to her.

IMG_1383.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3
  • Love 16

Screenshot_20211111-190933_Chrome.thumb.jpg.18cf3e81a1043fe663717f485672c022.jpg

This is Kolohe my kitty when he was 8 weeks old. He's 4 months old now. My auntie and uncle rescued his mom when she was pregnant and adopted out the kitties. There's tons of feral and outdoor cats in Hawai'i since we have no rabies and no predators. Kolohe means little rascal in Hawaiian and he is!!

Screenshot_20210826-153607_Facebook.thumb.jpg.96fc30d500c5fcd42e56e0ae6556d0e9.jpg

That is Bruno my cousin's Frenchie I take care of. He is not a smart dog but he is hilarious and loveable!!!

• Love 27

Definitely need a respite. It’s been all consuming for me - so many parallels to my own life. 

This is our new boy - Harry. Definitely sent by our old boy, Albus, who sadly passed away a month ago. 

Oddly enough, born the same week we got married! 

So much energy! So much happiness! So much cheekiness! 

0F8CFE7F-3681-4730-AC4F-F8151B0C9EA1.jpeg

303182FB-5EF0-4F83-8BBF-36B30F61AFDC.jpeg

• Love 37

2 minutes ago, princessjo1988 said:

Definitely need a respite. It’s been all consuming for me - so many parallels to my own life. 

This is our new boy - Harry. Definitely sent by our old boy, Albus, who sadly passed away a month ago. 

OMG I love your dress.  Would you mind sharing the brand? ETA I was gonna say how cute the cat is, but then I got distracted by the dress, lol

Edited by The Mother Dust
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 11
  • Love 1

Screenshot_20210714-131200_Instagram.thumb.jpg.4a617b3693e2bcbd53c861ad290bad6a.jpg

These are my babies Muppet the rescue rez dog from when I lived in SE Utah and Alvin the GSD who was my friends but who survived 2 weeks without food or water in a kennel after my friend passed away. They are survivors and the best dogs ever!!! They live with my brother on the mainland because Alvin is too old to fly to Hawai'i especially after what he went through.

Screenshot_20211001-181557_Facebook.thumb.jpg.7fe0c554bbd414d91012b48d92a4a509.jpg

Here is Bruno being Bruno.

• Love 25

6 minutes ago, princessjo1988 said:

Omg your dress is to die for! Gorgeous!!

Ok guys I feel Dumb but I’m going to say it… im choked up over here just so thankful for the FJ community and whomever thought of this respite thread and all your lovely pets , weddings and news and I hope it continues even after the trial is over. I’ve had an F of a week and this is a welcome well… respite!

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 6

40 minutes ago, The Mother Dust said:

OMG I love your dress.  Would you mind sharing the brand? ETA I was gonna say how cute the cat is, but then I got distracted by the dress, lol

Helen Fontaine international - so gorgeous - felt like a queen! 

CCA376C3-51D3-4939-AAC0-B43F106A62B4.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Love 39

12 minutes ago, princessjo1988 said:

Helen Fontaine international - so gorgeous - felt like a queen! 

CCA376C3-51D3-4939-AAC0-B43F106A62B4.jpeg

Aaahhh ARE YOU KIDDING ME, THAT TRAIN.  I couldn't tell it had one from the first pic.  😍 😍 😍. Is it removable? Thank you for sharing the brand. You were a beautiful bride.  ETA, I really like that it dosen't have sleeves. At least for my taste, I've always felt sleeves can be too fussy. 

Edited by The Mother Dust
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, The Mother Dust said:

Aaahhh ARE YOU KIDDING ME, THAT TRAIN.  I couldn't tell it had one from the first pic.  😍 😍 😍. Is it removable? Thank you for sharing the brand. You were a beautiful bride.  ETA, I really like that it dosen't have sleeves. At least for my taste, I've always felt sleeves can be too fussy. 

Not removable! 😂🤦‍♀️ So much fabric! I’m short (5”) so, it was longer than intended, but I loved it! 

Yes, a Brisbane Spring also doesn’t like sleeves! 

Thank you all for the lovely comments- a very happy day. Never saw myself remarrying, and then I met Tony and the rest is history! 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 10

1 hour ago, Italiangirl said:

Waiting in line for a bus...😂🤣 I just can't with them all, I love them so much 😍IMG-20211204-WA0025.thumb.jpeg.5b4c0043a5ccb1de50242e711eff7184.jpeg

Argh It was supposed to be bis, notice that the two boys in line had already eaten a full bowl just before...they love to finish each other's dinner. To think that the black and white cat (Lasagna) wasn't even supposed to come live with us, he was my sister's one, but when he come he was so scared of everything since he was used to living in an apartment in the city and we live in the country...my mom even said " this cat will never get used to living here, he will have to find a new family" yeah right 😂

• Upvote 10
  • Love 3

19 minutes ago, princessjo1988 said:

Not removable! 😂🤦‍♀️ So much fabric! I’m short (5”) so, it was longer than intended, but I loved it! 

Yes, a Brisbane Spring also doesn’t like sleeves! 

Thank you all for the lovely comments- a very happy day. Never saw myself remarrying, and then I met Tony and the rest is history! 

Oh, interesting about height/length of the train......but it looks like it was meant to be that length, not accidentally too long on you.  As you can probably tell, i'm eyeballing it for myself 😅.  I'm quite a bit taller than you, (in american measurements, 5ft 7 inches) so it may not be quite as long on me.   Something to keep in mind.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 3

10 hours ago, princessjo1988 said:

Beautiful wedding! And I haven't been through a Brisbane spring but have been through a Perth spring and that's pretty hot. And a Honolulu spring! I actually live in west O'ahu which is the semi-arid part of the island and it's been insanely hot the last few years, Like over 32 constantly and if you're in Brisbane you understand a hot humid 32-33 is like a desert 40, which I've also lived through in Moab, Utah in the Four Corners of the the States. Your dress is stunning and you and the hubby look so happy!!

And I can't give enough love for your kitty! How old is Harry? Kolohe is about 4 months old now and is teething and is either adorable or a little terror. I've always been a dog girl and he's my first kitty of my own and I adore him ❤️

13 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

16386416270676759118172044575953.thumb.jpg.45a9dcbef24b54aa614e65ede0285b87.jpgThis is Minnie, one of my 2 girls, she loves to sleep on people in winter but she has to choose you. She is helping me these days to be able to get through the trial threads. 

She is beautiful!! My Kolohe's mom was a calico. She's a feral cat my auntie and uncle were able to finally get spayed after helping with a couple litters of kittens and get vaccinated. I saw her this morning running down the street after eating breakfast outside my aunties. Calicos are so pretty! Kolohe is only ginger and white because he's a boy, none of his siblings were calico though. One girl was and was stillborn sadly and the living sister was white ont he bottom and grey on the top with very very light ginger in the grey, but mostly grey, she was very calm and mellow and I was about to take her home. Then Kolohe stole my heart because he was the wee adventurous one!

• Upvote 1
  • Love 5

I have three kitty's but this is our newest baby!

Clawdia Rose 🌹.  A beautiful and extremely destructive nightmare, she'll eat anything 😂

20211205_095954.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Love 24

Baby Sam has claimed the tree as the world’s largest cat toy.  So far, only the upper third is decorated……

1DC3C0F7-0B8E-4841-8639-0FBF6B73E558.jpeg

• Love 20

Love this thread.  

Spoiler

20171208_064355.jpg

Edited by WiseGirl
  • Upvote 1
  • Love 19