IGNORED

(CW: Possible CSA) Josh & Anna 37: Saving the Cocktail Dresses for Court

nelliebelle1197

50 minutes ago, Flossie said:

I remember when words started to mean something different than before.

The first time was when I was riding the school bus sometime in the 1970's.  Some older boys had apparently learned about homosexuality and the term gay in relation to that.  I was reading a book, when one of them asked me "Are you gay?"  The way he said it and the way all his friends were hovering around snickering led me to the conclusion that this was some sort of joke that I was going to be the butt of.  So I said "No".  He got this fake expression of concern and asked me "Oh, you're not happy?"  With his stupid minions giggling behind him, I knew he was trying to lead me into a trap of some sort.  I said, "I'm fine.  I was happy to be reading my book, but I'm not gay."  And I put my book up and ignored them after that, but I did notice that they were obviously disappointed with my response.

A few years later it happened again.  But this time it was at home, and no one was trying to be an ass, it was just that a conventional parlance of a phrase now had new meaning:  My step-dad grew up in a different time, and getting a licking meant that you'd be hit with a razor strop.  He only had it happen to him once when he was growing up, but he said he pretty much deserved it (he and his brother thought they'd have some fun that immediately went wrong and almost got them killed).

So, growing up we'd sometimes have Dad say "Do you want me to lick your ass?".  We knew that meant getting a bad spanking, but he never gave us one.  It was more like a code for "You're going too far.  Do you really want to find out what kind of punishment you'll get if you keep this up?"  We'd settle right back down.

One day, I was about 12 and started getting mouthy.  Dad called me over and asked "Do you want me to lick your ass?"  Suddenly I had visions of men licking butts WITH THEIR TONGUE!  I knew Dad didn't mean that kind of licking, but now that I was older I'd heard of people doing weird things that were supposed to be sexually gratifying, even though I couldn't imagine ever wanting to do that.  I was horrified that my mind went there, but I couldn't help it.  I could feel my face burning with possibly the worst case of embarrassment ever, I'm surprised I didn't burst into flames right then and there.

I managed to say, "Uh, no."

As I stared at Dad in utter mortification, I saw his expression go from confusion to the realization of what I was thinking.  I think we were both wanting this horrific moment to be over.

He said "Good.  Go do something."

Dad, as far as I know, never offered to lick someones ass ever again.

I need the OMG emoji STAT!

• Upvote 2

Maybe this is a stupid question, but I’m not American so bear with me - everyone seems to think that the Pest getting a long prison sentence will mean he can no longer go forth and multiply with Anna - are there no conjugal visits in the US Federal prison system?

(Ugh I feel unclean just thinking about that.)

• Upvote 7

3 minutes ago, Shrubbery said:

Maybe this is a stupid question, but I’m not American so bear with me - everyone seems to think that the Pest getting a long prison sentence will mean he can no longer go forth and multiply with Anna - are there no conjugal visits in the US Federal prison system?

Not in the federal system.  There are also only a few states that allow them.

As far as a long prison sentence goes, I think people are going to be disappointed if they are expecting Josh to go away for a decade or more.  We'd all love to see him locked up for 20 years, but from what I've read, that's way out of range for a first-time offender. If she stays with him, there will probably be more kids, just fewer of them. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Anne Of Gray Gables said:

Ah, television, thou hast lied to me yet again! Thanks for the quick answer!

I refuse to let go of the hope that somehow, he’ll get a long sentence yet, although I have to agree with your assessment of the likelihood …

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

Anna turned 33 years old in June. Suzette Keller had her last baby (David) a couple months after she turned 43. 

If Josh is found guilty and gets at least 10 years, there is a very good chance there won't be any more M-Kids. He's not currently incarcerated, so that clock wouldn't start until after verdict. 

• Upvote 11

I'm sorry if this has been discussed before but I can't take the time to go through aaaallllllll the Josh posts to see! Doesn't one have to pay for online photos and videos such as those for which Josh was arrested? How is that handled? Would the authorities have access to that information? It would seem to me that the person who downloaded it would have to pay for it and that ought to leave a money trail.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, theotherelise said:

Anna turned 33 years old in June. Suzette Keller had her last baby (David) a couple months after she turned 43. 

If Josh is found guilty and gets at least 10 years, there is a very good chance there won't be any more M-Kids. He's not currently incarcerated, so that clock wouldn't start until after verdict. 

The judge in Josh's case tends to dole out 6 - 7 year sentences for first time offenders.  If Josh falls into the same general category and my math is correct that could mean 5 - 6 years with good behavior. 

• Disgust 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 7

25 minutes ago, Letgo said:

I'm sorry if this has been discussed before but I can't take the time to go through aaaallllllll the Josh posts to see! Doesn't one have to pay for online photos and videos such as those for which Josh was arrested? How is that handled? Would the authorities have access to that information? It would seem to me that the person who downloaded it would have to pay for it and that ought to leave a money trail.

I have seen no mention of payment. Emily D Baker said the images are old well known images in the CSAM world, my understanding (and I'm not an expert, I am technology challenged, and not a lawyer) is some type of hash was embedded in at least one image, and the government has a program that can track who downloaded that image by following the hash. If I am getting the process wrong, or someone else can better explain it please do. 

• Upvote 1

Can someone remind me of who the Holts are? Wasn’t that who JB was running with for some political position with when the “sin in the camp” happened?  

I don’t think I’m breaking any rules by posting this screenshot, right?  This is from a public Facebook page called, Thriving Forward.  It’s run by a woman who escaped from the IBLP world.  I knew I recognized the name “Bobye” from here.  Interesting that she chimes in on this page.  

46F6ED35-78F9-4CFE-B59C-E16A6517A8D6.jpeg

Edited by SimplyMe
Left out a word
  • Upvote 7
  • Thank You 33

3 hours ago, Anne Of Gray Gables said:

As far as a long prison sentence goes, I think people are going to be disappointed if they are expecting Josh to go away for a decade or more.  We'd all love to see him locked up for 20 years, but from what I've read, that's way out of range for a first-time offender. If she stays with him, there will probably be more kids, just fewer of them. 

I bet you dollars to doughnuts he isn’t  a first time offender. This is just the first time he has been caught if you don’t count his assaulting his sisters. 

• Upvote 9
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, SimplyMe said:

Can someone remind me of who the Holts are? Wasn’t that who JB was running with for some political position with when the “sin in the camp” happened?  

I don’t think I’m breaking any rules by posting this screenshot, right?  This is from a public Facebook page called, Thriving Forward.  It’s run by a woman who escaped from the IBLP world.  I knew I recognized the name “Bobye” from here.  Interesting that she chimes in on this page.  

46F6ED35-78F9-4CFE-B59C-E16A6517A8D6.jpeg

Considering that the Holts shared the Duggar’s beliefs for a long time, that’s quite something.  Now I’m even more interested in what she’s been subpoenaed by the prosecution.

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 15

Josh being at the wedding and possible violation has been brought up several times. Emily D. Baker did a video about the bond awhile back. About the 23 minute mark she talks about the condition of josh around minors.Emily states she bond says no children at a party, restaurant, etc. however before this she said before he did anything outside of work, court, medical and church he must have explicit permission. If he didn’t get permission from his parole, then he is in violation, or at least that is my take on what Emily D. Baker said.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 9

22 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

I bet you dollars to doughnuts he isn’t  a first time offender. This is just the first time he has been caught if you don’t count his assaulting his sisters. 

I agree. I don't think we know even the tip of this awful iceberg. But just like all other CP offenders brought up on charges for the first time, he'll be sentenced as a first time offender. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4

24 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Josh being at the wedding and possible violation has been brought up several times. Emily D. Baker did a video about the bond awhile back. About the 23 minute mark she talks about the condition of josh around minors.Emily states she bond says no children at a party, restaurant, etc. however before this she said before he did anything outside of work, court, medical and church he must have explicit permission. If he didn’t get permission from his parole, then he is in violation, or at least that is my take on what Emily D. Baker said.

I must have missed it are you saying he was at the wedding?

• Upvote 3

46 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

I must have missed it are you saying he was at the wedding?

Someone else on here said they saw him on the video that is now private. 

Found it, it was posted on the unmarried thread 

https://www.freejinger.org/topic/33926-unmarried-fundies-10-before-happily-ever-after/?do=findComment&comment=2133708

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 6

1 hour ago, Anne Of Gray Gables said:

The judge in Josh's case tends to dole out 6 - 7 year sentences for first time offenders.  If Josh falls into the same general category and my math is correct that could mean 5 - 6 years with good behavior. 

I thought the federal system didn’t have “time off for good behavior.” Or am I confusing “parole” with “time off for good behavior” when they aren’t the same thing?

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, EmCatlyn said:

I thought the federal system didn’t have “time off for good behavior.” Or am I confusing “parole” with “time off for good behavior” when they aren’t the same thing?

It's not parole, but good behavior in federal prison can result in a 15% sentence reduction. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

39 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

https://www.freejinger.org/topic/33926-unmarried-fundies-10-before-happily-ever-after/?do=findComment&comment=2133708

Wow.  Are we sure it was Josh?  And if so, why hasn’t he been dragged back to jail because he violated the terms of his bond?

I had been thinking he might get into trouble if he went to the big house for Thanksgiving.  This is the same thing: a party attended by kids when he isn’t supposed to be around kids.🙄

11 minutes ago, Anne Of Gray Gables said:

It's not parole, but good behavior in federal prison can result in a 15% sentence reduction. 

Thanks.  I guess I always thought that “time off for good behavior” was the same as parole.

• Upvote 3

57 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

So now what? If it was him how come he isn’t be hauled back to jail?

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

So now what? If it was him how come he isn’t be hauled back to jail?

The prosecutors may not have seen the video before it was made private. Probably they don't know. He is allowed to go to church, so maybe the ceremony counts as church? 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

The prosecutors may not have seen the video before it was made private. Probably they don't know. He is allowed to go to church, so maybe the ceremony counts as church? 

The prosecutors must know by now. I mean if it was public for any length of time I’d think someone would rat him out. 

• Upvote 4

Today I visited a patient in a nursing home, and I walked past the rooms of a Fanny, a Fannie, and another Fanny. I was born in the 70s and don't know anyone in my generation with the name Fanny, but back in the day it was huge in the midwest, apparently. 

Because I don't think anyone else mentioned this yet: The slang term "man" originated with jazz musicians in the 1920s and was partly a result of many jazz musicians being men of color. These men had spent their lives being called "boy" by white folks (as well as seeing their elders addressed as "boy" or "gal"), even white children would refer to a grown Black men as "boy". The musicians were grown men and they were done being addressed "boy".

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 8

2 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

The prosecutors must know by now. I mean if it was public for any length of time I’d think someone would rat him out. 

They may not have seen the video before it went private, but hopefully someone recorded it. And if they have Boob under oath and ask about that it may end up impacting how kind - or not - the judge feels come sentencing time.

• Upvote 7

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic