IGNORED

(CW: Possible CSA) Josh & Anna 37: Saving the Cocktail Dresses for Court

nelliebelle1197

1 hour ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

How exactly would Dwain 'know this for a fact'?  

As someone else mentioned it's possible this was disclosed to Dwain as part of his business counseling men.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, breakfree said:

As someone else mentioned it's possible this was disclosed to Dwain as part of his business counseling men.

That is pure speculation, though. The only Duggar boy we know has been ‘counseled’ by Dwain is Josiah, because he said that’s how he met Lauren. If Dwain knew Josh was into CSAM before he was arrested, he would have told Boob. I highly  doubt Josh said anything to Dwain after his arrest because his lawyers would have told him not to. And if it was considered privileged communication, he couldn’t testify about it anyway.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

That is pure speculation, though. The only Duggar boy we know has been ‘counseled’ by Dwain is Josiah, because he said that’s how he met Lauren. If Dwain knew Josh was into CSAM before he was arrested, he would have told Boob. I highly  doubt Josh said anything to Dwain after his arrest because his lawyers would have told him not to. And if it was considered privileged communication, he couldn’t testify about it anyway.

Why did Josiah need counseling and what qualifications did this Dwain have?

5 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

If Dwain isn’t a licensed therapist I don’t think it would be privileged 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

1 minute ago, onekidanddone said:

Why did Josiah need counseling and what qualifications did this Dwain have?

Who knows why Josiah got hooked up with Dwain.  As far as we know, Dwain has no qualifications or education as a counselor.  It's more of a 'men holding other men Biblically accountable' type thing than an actual therapeutic ministry.

• Upvote 11

Spoiler

6B3D4AB7-9D63-438A-AD74-E5CFB5F26677.thumb.png.6a8bae7fb28917b5e5b1dc3788632b31.png480AD0DF-0164-4A65-A1B1-67C8944C17FB.thumb.png.a21c61a5652aa8eb0ac69615d5364830.png

I really like the simplicity of her dress. It’s quite my taste though with a less fundie neckline lol. 
is that a Keller sister (the one who has noelle and nash)? 
Is that all the Keller’s all married off now? Is this brother younger or older than the jrod brother. She must be close to the duggars if she picked Josie as (junior) bridesmaid.  Did she have any flower kids? Maybe some Ms? 

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 3

It looks like some of the girls have the same dresses or colour, others not so much and I'm completely thrown off by the rusty gold dress ...

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

50 minutes ago, Smoochie said:

It looks like some of the girls have the same dresses or colour, others not so much and I'm completely thrown off by the rusty gold dress ...

I’m guessing that may be the MoH 

• Upvote 4

Now I put this in the unmarried thread, but how exactly did the Rebers handle Josh?  Who babysat him while the wedding took place? He can't be around young children, except the babies he fathered.

• Upvote 5

21 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Now I put this in the unmarried thread, but how exactly did the Rebers handle Josh?  Who babysat him while the wedding took place? He can't be around young children, except the babies he fathered.

When this was asked before someone had pointed out that with home monitoring the person likely doesn’t need all the time supervision, but they can’t live alone.

I think it’s highly likely that he is sometimes home alone if allowed besides just the wedding. For instance if Mrs. Reber had a doctors appointment while her husband was working or if both of them went to church together etc 

• Upvote 17

With all the people spending time around the Duggars, I wonder whether everyone makes a point of not mentioning Josh at all.  I imagine things can get a bit awkward, especially if Anna and the M kids happen to be nearby.

• Upvote 10

9 hours ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Who knows why Josiah got hooked up with Dwain.  As far as we know, Dwain has no qualifications or education as a counselor.  It's more of a 'men holding other men Biblically accountable' type thing than an actual therapeutic ministry.

If he isn't a licensed therapist he wouldn't be covered by confidentiality but its very likely he could try to pull the religious angle as some form of a pastor or what have you. Far too easy with IFB. But to have confidentiality as a therapist you need to be licensed. And confidentiality is void if the client mentions harming others, and if that was the case, we are mandated reporters. (I'm just finishing my MSW/LCSW]

6 hours ago, JustEnough said:

When this was asked before someone had pointed out that with home monitoring the person likely doesn’t need all the time supervision, but they can’t live alone.

I think it’s highly likely that he is sometimes home alone if allowed besides just the wedding. For instance if Mrs. Reber had a doctors appointment while her husband was working or if both of them went to church together etc 

He would be left at home. Ankle bracelets are tied into a system connected to either your cell phone or your landline as far as contacting the pretrial/probation company. Your address is set with GPS and what the ankle bracelet monitors is whether you are within the confines of your home or of you're not. It does not reveal your geographic location when you leave home because it only works by a set monitored connection. Its like your computer or phone loses WiFi if you leave your house but if its only functioning with a single WiFi connection it won't be able to discern where you are just that you're no longer within the confines of where your home signal reaches.

This is why ankle bracelets/house arrest requires you to have an official list with signatures, names and contact info for doctors visits and other approved excursions outside home (and if someone covers for you and it can be proven its no different than providing a false alibi in court and the person faces criminal charges) or something like a time stamped grocery receipt. These excursions are supposed to be submitted to your pretrial contact employee or PO in advance. So court dates, doctor appointments, counseling sessions and your weekly grocery run need to be submitted in advance then documented after. If you leave outside these times it's only supposed to be allowed in advance.

These for profit companies that pay low level unqualified and undertrained employees minimum wage with their eye on their bottom line, result in a system that has almost no instantaneous consequences. If you dip out on a probation sentence monitored by a PO they don't get the for profit BI company information monitoring your ankle bracelet for one or two business days and it results in a warrant no different than any other warrant because they can't track you. If you really want to blow it off, you could leave Saturday night and your PO might not find out until Monday or much later if they or the one BI employee monitoring your schedule is out on vacation.

So Josh shouldn't be able to attend whatever celebrations with his new family, although its shocking what some BI employees will approve,n depending on the person, whether they like you or consider you a lesser threat, race and religion factor into this too often. He very well may be approved to attend such a solid Christian ceremony. The only thing that would prevent that is if there's minors there which of course there will be. If there weren't public pictures available he might even be able to say there weren't and have some other "Godly white Christian man" vouch for him. If there's no sources that say otherwise the for profit BI employees don't give a shit. Hopefully this is one time where his "fame really truly bites him in the ass. That is if the BI employees don't buy the "oppressed Christshun" narrative the family is spinning. 

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 8

17 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

Above under spoilers 

I went through this entire thread and clicked on the spoilers and there were none.

11 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

I went through this entire thread and clicked on the spoilers and there were none.

It's on this page,  in @AussieKrissy's post right above the text that begins, "I really like the simplicity of her dress."   It took a minute for me to find it because the spoiler is the very first thing in the post, before any text. 

She has several posts, so just find that one and the photos are there. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

Hang on, Josie is a bridesmaid but not the same aged Mack who is the niece of the groom as opposed to an sister in law (Anna's) sister in law?

• Upvote 11

42 minutes ago, imokit said:

Hang on, Josie is a bridesmaid but not the same aged Mack who is the niece of the groom as opposed to an sister in law (Anna's) sister in law?

Maybe Hannah is/was her piano teacher?  I agree tho, on the surface Mack would make more sense than Josie.

Hopefully Anna was able to attend her own brother's wedding since Pest couldn't go with her.

• Upvote 17

Maybe Anna knew there would be interest in the wedding and for once took the privacy and welfare of her children seriously and declined them being part of the wedding party. It sucks for her daughter if that’s so as she might have enjoyed being a bridesmaid for her uncle, but that’s down to the terrible parenting of JB and Josh.

I thought Mr Reber claimed JB was an acquaintance from church rather than a friend at the bail hearing? Yet here is JB’s daughter in the wedding party.🙄

• Upvote 12

8 hours ago, Idlewild said:

Maybe Anna knew there would be interest in the wedding and for once took the privacy and welfare of her children seriously and declined them being part of the wedding party. It sucks for her daughter if that’s so as she might have enjoyed being a bridesmaid for her uncle, but that’s down to the terrible parenting of JB and Josh.

I thought Mr Reber claimed JB was an acquaintance from church rather than a friend at the bail hearing? Yet here is JB’s daughter in the wedding party.🙄

I think both things could be true - the Rebers could have just been casual acquaintances / church friends of the Adult Duggar’s - but their grown daughter could have been Josie’s piano teacher, or maybe tutored her or something. Weren’t they trying to push Josie as a singer awhile back? Maybe the Reber daughter was involved in that. Lauren’s musical also, right? Maybe that’s how she became close. I know all these families do singing and play music, but there’s probably only a few who are genuinely interested. 

Or maybe Anna - or McKenzie herself - had second thoughts about participating at the last minute and Josie was the next best option size wise. 

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, CyborgKin said:

I went to school with a Liberty (her dad was a teacher but not mine) and I remember an amusing moment when our teacher (we were in different grades but it was a small school so there were some combined classrooms) dramatically quoted "Give me liberty or give me death."

And since the shortening of Richard was mentioned, I wonder what it would have been like if social media had been around in the Nixon era, considering his reelection slogan:

image.png.3c442bfd77f8f5c9648a467e6161bc2d.png

I didn't believe this was real but did some research. 😮 It's true! This was a real slogan! 🤣 Sorry for doubting you @CyborgKin!

• Upvote 6
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 3

@AussieKrissy....is it possible the girl in the goldenrod dress is the bride? She is standing next to somebody wearing blue trousers. As far as MOH, there is one person wearing a sequined rose dress. I think she may be the MOH....everyone else appears to be wearing the same style rose dress, without any bling. which leaves goldenrod dress and blue pants as the bridal pair?

• Upvote 3

I saw a picture of the bride on Reddit next to the groom. She was wearing a long-sleeved simple white dress and flower crown. I am not sure who the woman in the gold dress is. I just know she isn't the bride. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic