IGNORED

(CW: Possible CSA) Josh & Anna 37: Saving the Cocktail Dresses for Court

nelliebelle1197

1 hour ago, Sops2 said:

Dwain Swanson ( Lauren's dad) may be called as a witness for the prosecution.

Had we heard of this possibility before? and what could be the reason for him being a witness ?

Dwain has a business where he counsels men. He talks to them on the phone while mowing lawns, which is his other business (pretty clever, I think). If he’s not licensed, he might not have a right to client confidentiality. Maybe Josh confided in him? 

• Upvote 11
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, gustava said:

A plea the the deity "To Whom It May Concern":  If Josh is dumb enough to go t trial, PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE televise it🙏

Federal trials are never televised. No cameras in the court room (except webcams for zoom trials, but anyone distributing still or video images taken from zoom os going to be held in contempt of court). That’s why we get fun courtroom sketches.

7 hours ago, socalrules said:

He has no reason to take the fifth. There does not appear to be any valid crime he can be charged with related to the current case or the past molestations. *snipped* It’s likely Jim Bob just wants to avoid testifying in general, not that he is in fear of being charged with a crime if he testifies because there is no reason to believe he faces any criminal charges related to this matter. 

JB may not be at risk of criminal charges, but anything he says under oath about Josh’s indiscretions as a teenager will be fodder for any of Josh’s victims who choose to sue JB for child neglect/endangerment.

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 7

This is a reoly to a post in the last thread from 

@MarblesMom "Our criminal justice system is so broken...  our health care system is so broken... I wish I had the answers.

I am sorry you had to deal with all that BS."

Thank you so much for your kind words. Often people don't care and even think people in the CJ system deserve to have our rights violated for being in a situation where the cops and courts could get involved in the first place.

But the for profit prison and related services like probation system is fucked. Their job is to rehabilitate individuals in the system, but the only way they make money is by keeping as many people as possible in the system. These corporations like GEO Corp lobby for more prisons with quotas in prisoners that have to be incarcerated there, which is sick, sentencing people to incarceration they don't deserve. They lobby for more punitive legislation and especially gross is their push for MMS or minimum mandatory sentencing. If you are caught with possession over a certain amount of a drug, MMS applies, usually 5-10 years in jail.

MMS means you are not eligible for probation or early release and that the judge cannot give a lesser sentence no matter the circumstances, which is a subversion of the basis of the "justice " system. Right now MMS only applies for drug crimes. That's why rapists, CSA, even murderers get probation and parole. Why they get lesser sentences. Domestic violence is  a misdemeanor but in some states just having too much weed is an MMS felony.

Its really like if teachers only got paid if students didn't graduate and that a for profit teaching company lobbied legislatures to get laws passed that forbid reading outside school and punished anyone found teaching. And as a society we were okay with schools expanding full of illiterate children who were kept there indefinitely because its their fault for being stupid in the first place. Sounds bizarre but its an exact replica of the for profit prison industrial complex in the US.

I'm in a particularly egregious mood today towards the US criminal "justice" system like far worse than normal thanks to that calculating murderee racist asshole who was found not guilty in Wisconsin today. 

There's a reason Josh is out on pretrial right now. And someone who is Muslim not evangelical "Christian" or someone who is black or brown would not have been were they facing the same exact charges.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 19

Deary me, take your eyes off this family for 6 months or so and wow, just wow.

I don't even know where to start.

Madyson means "strength in battle". The name is no accident and Anna is brainwashed, but I don't think stupid. I think if she is able to live her life away from the clutches of Boobchelle, the piece of crap her parents married her off to and be left in relative peace, she might surprise all of us. 

Josh is just beyond help or rehabilitation surely. Surely SURELY even Team Duggar recognise this. 

• Upvote 6
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Bassett Lady said:

It was the return flight and I had purchased a fragile gift while at my destination and so I didn’t have my regularly packed carryon. I was carrying a delicate, but useless, Christmas ornament instead of a change of clothes. 

I thought since I was headed home I was safe. I now know better.

Oooh ouch. That sucks! I also will carry souvenirs home in my carry on thinking that I don’t care if they lose my laundry for a few days. But yeah definitely going to at least take a t-shirt with me from now on. Just in case. I’m careful on the way out, I should also be on the way home!

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

Dwain ‘The Rock’ Swanson and Matthew Waller are on the potential witness list, but neither have been subpoenaed to date. Only Boob and Bobeye Holt have.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 9

2 hours ago, socalrules said:

The point is that he first has to be served with the subpoena. He is not going to be found in contempt when he has not been served with the subpoena. You don’t face consequences for failure to appear until after you have actually been served with the complaint. The government will need to be able to provide a proof of service reflecting they have served him in a valid manner. I highly doubt that, after he is served, he will just ignore the subpoena. 

Well that explains why he is trying to not to get served with the subpoena: he doesn't have to testify if they aren't able to serve the subpoena. Both Josh and JB are cowards; it would take a lot more than JB ignoring the subpoena to surprise me.

• Upvote 11

1 hour ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Dwain ‘The Rock’ Swanson and Matthew Waller are on the potential witness list, but neither have been subpoenaed to date. Only Boob and Bobeye Holt have.

Well that’s really an interesting twist - I wonder if Josiah and Lauren’s complete social media scrub and lockdown is related? 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 6

2 hours ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

I may be wrong, but I believe JB and Bobye Holt have been subpoenaed to appear at an “evidentiary hearing” before the trial (on the 29th) because their testimony might help the judge decide whether or not to allow the molestation to be mentioned in the trial.

The other witnesses probably won’t need to subpoenaed until they will be needed to testify during the trial.  (Jury selection is expected to take place Nov. 30 and Dec. 1 so the trial itself will only begin to get on its way on Dec. 2.)

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

So Matt waller is David peacan thief’s brother? Other than that how is he linked to Josh? Oh and I keep reading it boob eye or Bob eye. What a silly spelling. Am I right I’m assuming it’s meant to be Bobby? I assume so but hey you just never know?!!!

• Upvote 7

• nelliebelle1197 changed the title to (CW: Possible CSA) Josh & Anna 37: Saving the Cocktail Dresses for Court

@AussieKrissy I do too. I also assume that it’s supposed to be Bobby but the way it’s spelled, my mind keeps reading Bob-Eye. My mean spirited side is curious as to whether her parents wanted a kreative spelling or were borderline illiterate. I hope it’s the latter. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 8

1 hour ago, Expectopatronus said:

@AussieKrissy I do too. I also assume that it’s supposed to be Bobby but the way it’s spelled, my mind keeps reading Bob-Eye. My mean spirited side is curious as to whether her parents wanted a kreative spelling or were borderline illiterate. I hope it’s the latter. 

40-29 TV News, Arkansas spells it Bobbye.  Most other sources spell it Bobbie.  It is not  Bobby (which would more commonly be a man’s name).

I think it may be Bobbye because the Holts are known in Arkansas.   But who knows. 

• Upvote 2

It's got to be Bob-eye, like Popeye. 

That's not even remotely how you spell Bobby/Bobbie. If Bobeye wants people to pronounce her name like Bobby, she is free to change her name. She is an adult. Until then, I will pronounce it Bob-eye. 

Don't name your kids stupid shit. 

• Upvote 13
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 29
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

Bobye’s maidens name is Barenberg, so her family could be Dutch. In Dutch girls often [still) are named a short mans name with -je, meaning little x (Josje, Guusje, Dirkje). Her name could have been a variation of Bobje. Pronounciation would indeed be a bit like Kanye…

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 22

6 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

It's got to be Bob-eye, like Popeye. 

That's not even remotely how you spell Bobby/Bobbie. If Bobeye wants people to pronounce her name like Bobby, she is free to change her name. She is an adult. Until then, I will pronounce it Bob-eye. 

Don't name your kids stupid shit. 

I had a student who was listed on my roster as Desire, so I pronounced it —Desire. She huffily informed me that her name was obviously Desiree. 

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 6
  • Love 1

16 hours ago, 3KidsAndStopped said:

Madyson means "strength in battle".

No, it doesn’t. It means “Son of Matthew.” One source I encountered said it meant “Son of Maud.”

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2

I keep seeing Bob ye. Like Kanye. 

I told my daughter the quick version of Josh’s scandals and then the Madyson punchline and she said well that’s the cherry on the crazy sundae. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 4

I hear “Bob Eye” in Moira Rose’s voice…in Schitt’s Creek. 

ETA: My daughter and I often refer to my grandson as “The buh BAY” in honor of Moira. 

Edited by usmcmom
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 13
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic