IGNORED

Upcoming Babies 22: Every Sperm Is Scared

Bethella

9 hours ago, Sops2 said:

I wonder what Jonathan meant 8 weeks ago when he posted  "So excited to be uncle to another blessing" and the photo of  a  bee banner. I thought Michael and Elizabeth's baby had been born then.

Perhaps they didn't tell him they were having a baby till 8 weeks ago, and he had never noticed the baby bump!!!!

That was from the baby shower

• Thank You 1

It looks like Emily Reith is naming her upcoming baby Duke. Not a fan because it reminds me of David Duke, “The Duke” John Wayne (not a fan of his westerns), and the millions of dogs I have come across named Duke. It’s an association problem for me. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It looks like Emily Reith is naming her upcoming baby Duke. Not a fan because it reminds me of David Duke, “The Duke” John Wayne (not a fan of his westerns), and the millions of dogs I have come across named Duke. It’s an association problem for me. 

Bolding mine. 

Fun fact:

John Wayne got the nickname’Duke’ from his dog! 

“Because I had a dog, an airedale dog, when I was a little kid,” Wayne said. “I had an airedale dog called Duke and he’d follow me to school and stop at the fire station. The firemen knew the dog’s name so they’d call him ‘Big Duke’ and me ‘Little Duke.'”

https://outsider.com/entertainment/john-wayne-told-fan-the-duke-nickname-origination-story-1976-interview/amp/

1088E3E0-5CE0-4441-81C9-A0513F1679B6.jpeg.8789f993643351960dcef0b775b6761b.jpeg

Here is The Duke with Duke. 

https://nationalpurebreddogday.com/what-did-john-wayne-have-in-common-with-an-airedale/

• Upvote 9

Chris Pratt and his wife Katherine welcomed their second child together. It's another girl and this one is named Eloise Christina. Chris has a son from a previous marriage named Jack and they have a daughter named Lyla. When they announced this pregnancy they quoted Psalm 127, which is the inspiration for the quiverfull movement.

Both Lyla and Eloise are relatively popular names. In 2021 Lyla (with this spelling) was #110 and Eloise was #109.

• Upvote 6

8 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Chris Pratt and his wife Katherine welcomed their second child together. It's another girl and this one is named Eloise Christina. Chris has a son from a previous marriage named Jack and they have a daughter named Lyla. When they announced this pregnancy they quoted Psalm 127, which is the inspiration for the quiverfull movement.

Both Lyla and Eloise are relatively popular names. In 2021 Lyla (with this spelling) was #110 and Eloise was #109.

I've felt that he should be included in this thread too.  He's definitely gotten more Christian conservative/fundie lite, at least since his divorce. and who knows, maybe prior to that. 

• Upvote 10

Tabitha Gimenez had her fourth child and first boy on May 21st. Patriot Stearns. 8 pounds 12 ounces delivered at home. 

She has 4 4-and-under now. Liberty turned 4 in December, Freedom will be 3 in a couple weeks, and Victory just turned one in March. She's moving at a quick pace. Hopefully they get out of that camper and into a house sooner rather than later. 

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank You 2

14 minutes ago, AverageGiraffe said:

Tabitha Gimenez had her fourth child and first boy on May 21st. Patriot Stearns. 8 pounds 12 ounces delivered at home. 

She has 4 4-and-under now. Liberty turned 4 in December, Freedom will be 3 in a couple weeks, and Victory just turned one in March. She's moving at a quick pace. Hopefully they get out of that camper and into a house sooner rather than later. 

I have no idea who this person is but she wins the most ridiculous Fundy/nationalist names award!

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 13

33 minutes ago, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

I have no idea who this person is but she wins the most ridiculous Fundy/nationalist names award!

Same. 

Once again, if this was a TV show, I'd be cheering for them to have a zillion kids including sets of twins and such, just to see the ensuing insanity and crazy names.

But since it's real life, I feel for those kids.

• Upvote 11

Just now, Alisamer said:

Same. 

Once again, if this was a TV show, I'd be cheering for them to have a zillion kids including sets of twins and such, just to see the ensuing insanity and crazy names.

But since it's real life, I feel for those kids.

I was wondering where she can go from here. Constitution? Amendment? Right-to-Bear-Arms? Militia? Tea Party?

Also freedom and liberty are overlapping concepts and she's only 4 kids in!

• Upvote 9

12 minutes ago, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

I was wondering where she can go from here. Constitution? Amendment? Right-to-Bear-Arms? Militia? Tea Party?

I'm predicting "Independence" for an upcoming one. Probably "Justice" at some point.

I actually kind of love the name Liberty. BUt not combined with all the others. 

Edited by Alisamer
  • Upvote 10
  • Thank You 1

13 minutes ago, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

Maybe:

Justice 

Truth (“we hold these truths to be self-evident.” Somehow I doubt they’ll use “Equality”)

Soldier

Vigilance

Right

Remington or Colt (for the guns, also already used by some as a name)

July (for the 4th)

Independence (rounds out the redundant Liberty and Freedom pattern, and you could call them “Indy”)

Majesty (of the purple mountains variety)

Declaration

Revere

Manifest

Destiny

Eta: I see I was cross-posting with @Alisamer and we’re of a mind on this one. 

Edited by Dominionatrix
  • Upvote 11
  • Thank You 1

Actually, her naming pattern reminds me a lot of Bradrick!, back in the olden days. Didn't he have Triumph Perseverance and Geneva Constance? I'll have to look the names up, when I have a chance...

ETA: Found them!

Triumph Perseverance

Knox Defender

Loyal Cromwell

Geneva Constance

Michael Courage

Shepherd Thomas

Edited by Nothing if not critical
  • Upvote 6

19 minutes ago, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

Citizen? Republic?

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Citizen? Republic?

The way things seem to be headed now, it might be "Dictatorship" and "Theocracy".

• Upvote 10
  • Move Along 1
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 6

I will try to get a new thread up tonight or tomorrow. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

19 hours ago, Alisamer said:

The way things seem to be headed now, it might be "Dictatorship" and "Theocracy".

Theo could be a nickname for Theocracy… not sure about nicknames for Dictatorship though…

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, LaughingDonuts said:

Theo could be a nickname for Theocracy… not sure about nicknames for Dictatorship though…

Dick or Tate?

• Upvote 3

21 hours ago, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

Justice?

18 hours ago, Bethella said:

I will try to get a new thread up tonight or tomorrow. 

Proposed titles:

Competing for the busiest uterus

Outbreeding the heathens

Blanket training Freedom to better control America

Trying to out-Spurgeon Heistheway for best name 

• Upvote 4

22 hours ago, AverageGiraffe said:

One day these kids will be pretending they’re Patrick, Elizabeth, Victoria and Fiona and their parents liked classic names with nickname potential so Pat, Libby, Vicky & Fee.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

7 hours ago, Smee said:

Proposed titles:

Competing for the busiest uterus

Outbreeding the heathens

Blanket training Freedom to better control America

Trying to out-Spurgeon Heistheway for best name 

I like 'Competing for the busiest uterus.'

• Upvote 1

May Anna Duggar never show up in these threads again.

• Upvote 10
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Rufus Bless 10
  • I Agree 14

2 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

May Anna Duggar never show up in these threads again.

May Josh Duggar never show up in these threads again. 

I don't know if I care if Anna remarries and has a few more kids. I hope Josh doesn't find a new bride once he's out.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3

10 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

May Josh Duggar never show up in these threads again. 

I hope Josh doesn't find a new bride once he's out.

TIHI. That would both be horrible and yet unsurprising. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

• Coconut Flan locked and unpinned this topic