IGNORED

Alec Baldwin Negligent Shooting on 'Rust' Movie Set

PoppyPeace

Alec Baldwin shooting: Timeline of fatal 'Rust' movie accident

Alec Baldwin shot and killed cinematographer Halyna Hutchins and wounded director Joel Souza on the set of their movie "Rust."

The 63-year-old was rehearsing a scene on the New Mexico set when he pulled the trigger hitting the two individuals. The Santa Fe County Sheriff's Department is currently investigating the incident.

Pretty new to posting here, so I am trying to figure out how to post a new thread. This is my first time. Apologies if this is not allowed. 

I have been following this for a couple weeks now and am so saddened by the entire story.  Just looking to discuss with others. I shared a timeline to best summarize. 

I will also go on the record and share I am not the biggest Alec Baldwin fan. From his history of reckless violence to his comments about #metoo, I have a hard time feeling badly for him in this situation. I also believe that if actors are going to use real firearms, they should absolutely be required to verify the weapon is clear of live rounds. I realize the assistant director and armorer both were part of the chain of custody of the firearm, but I am shocked that Baldwin pointed a gun at someone and pulled the trigger.  Now there is a child and husband without their mother/wife. I am also not a fan of his wife, who has lied about her nationality and faked a Spanish accent for years. 

• Upvote 2