IGNORED

Lori Alexander 80: So Warm and Inviting

7 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

What if you were a woman working as a cook? Lori's mind might implode trying to figure that one out.

Nah.  You'd just be bad and wrong because you weren't doing it at home.  You know.  It's impossible for a woman to work and cook.  Work and 'raise' your own kids.  My pet peeve. I tell more internet strangers than I can count that I worked, my mom did and both my grandmas and we all raised our own kids.  

• Upvote 11

My mom worked for most of my childhood (at least part time). She worked full time during my teen years. She cooked 6-7 nights a week and is a good cook. My maternal grandmother was a farm wife. She didn’t work outside that, but farm wives are working women. No question about that. And she was an amazing cook. The one who couldn’t cook to save her own life was my paternal grandmother who was a lazy hypochondriac that never worked an hour for pay her entire life. She barely put food on the table and when she did it was barely edible and not enough (and money was not the issue for the latter—she just didn’t care). When her four kids were growing up, they cobbled together food or found ways to eat at friends and relatives homes. Grandpa often took them out, made what he knew how to cook (not much) and when the kids were gone, he lived on junk food snacks and ice cream from the drive in down the hill. 
As I’ve often said, I love to cook and do so 6 nights a week in spite of working. 

• Upvote 10

The best cook in my childhood neighborhood was a mom of two. She worked days in an office and attended college at night to get certified to teach art. Her first year teaching art, she was named our city’s Teacher of the Year. She was incredibly creative and even made her daughter’s wedding cake.

The late journalist Cokie Roberts, daughter of Lindy Hale Boggs (a congresswoman and later an ambassador), wrote about her mom making, among other things, custom draperies with painstakingly matched patterns. (I recall this from a collection of memoirs titled something like, “My Mother Worked and I Turned Out Fine.”)

Edited by Hane
  • Upvote 4
  • Love 8

For anyone who has the time to read this, I do believe this is a clearcut case of animal abuse because:

https://thetransformedwife.com/drinking-from-the-poisoned-puddle/

1.  She locked both cats in her garage all the time due to family allergies.  Cats need to interact not only with people but  should never be put in a dark place all day & night.

2.  She KNEW that the cat was drinking water that was poisoned and that he died from it.

3.  She never took that cat to the Vet.

In the blog she uses this cat for some kind of message about evil.  A cat?!!! Seriously???

She and Ken both bear responsibility for this evil act.  I did post that I would report her had I seen it as animal abuse, but of course, she will not post it.  Still Iwanted to say it.

LORI IS EVIL.

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 4
  • WTF 3
  • I Agree 6

8 hours ago, Liza said:

For anyone who has the time to read this, I do believe this is a clearcut case of animal abuse because:

https://thetransformedwife.com/drinking-from-the-poisoned-puddle/

1.  She locked both cats in her garage all the time due to family allergies.  Cats need to interact not only with people but  should never be put in a dark place all day & night.

2.  She KNEW that the cat was drinking water that was poisoned and that he died from it.

3.  She never took that cat to the Vet.

In the blog she uses this cat for some kind of message about evil.  A cat?!!! Seriously???

She and Ken both bear responsibility for this evil act.  I did post that I would report her had I seen it as animal abuse, but of course, she will not post it.  Still Iwanted to say it.

LORI IS EVIL.

I don't like Lori and I certainly thought when she kicked her cat (an earlier blog post) that was definitely abusive. 

However, in this case, what could she do? It's hard to control animals roaming around outdoors. Even if she cleaned up that one puddle, the cat would find another.

A fenced backyard wouldn't help. You can contain a dog that way, but cats easily scale fences (there's one in my neighborhood that is always climbing into our backyard).  As for the garage, it sounds like that was a brief period. If it went on for a long time, yes, that's definitely abuse.

Sounds like Rascal had food, clean water (rejected), access to the outdoors, human and feline companionship. There are animals in far worse situations that need help from the limited number of animal cruelty officials. "Hello, I want to report a cat that's being allowed to drink from a dirty puddle."

What solution would an official have had, anyway? Taking the cat away wouldn't have solved the problem. Not many people want to adopt an elderly cat. Rascal would have spent her life (and death) in a cage at a shelter. Hate to say it, but she'd be better off at Lori's than a fate like that.

We actually don't know if she took the cat to a vet. Even if she didn't, it's very hard  to convict someone for not taking an animal to the vet, even in the most liberal states. Perhaps California law is especially liberal in this regard and a case could be made, but I doubt it. A lot of impoverished people would be fined/arrested if this were the case. Far fewer people would adopt pets, too.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 2

@Jackie3  

Lori could have kept the cat in the main house instead of keeping both cats locked up in the garage all the time. If yu don't like cats/have allergeis to them/don't have them.  I do think they need to interact with family members and not be in the garage 24/7 .  I have had cats, and they are generally HOME animals, unlike dogs.

Finally, when the cat was dying she did not take it to the vet.  She has plenty of money so there is no excuse for the cat to have suffered and writhed in pain.   Lori has a long history of child abuse, attempted animal abuse/tried to kick her cat, and abuse of all sorts.  

Like dogs and small children, cats who are let outdoors without supervision are vulnerable to the dangers of cars, other animals, cruel people, and diseases. (In addition to a dramatically lowered life expectancy, there is an increased risk of disease.) ... Many people consider free-roaming cats to be pests.  

I have had cats & we interacted with them.  We did not lock them up in a separate part of the house all the time due to allergies.  What is the point of having cats if you lock them up in the garage all the time.  Yes she provided water, but she KNEW that the outside water was toxic and she said it was what lead to the cat's liver failure for which she got NO Vet.   Read the article.

Edited by Liza
add
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

2 hours ago, Liza said:

@Jackie3  

Lori could have kept the cat in the main house instead of keeping both cats locked up in the garage all the time. If yu don't like cats/have allergeis to them/don't have them.  I do think they need to interact with family members and not be in the garage 24/7 .  I have had cats, and they are generally HOME animals, unlike dogs.

I've had pets for 30 years. They all lived to very old ages. I don't need lectures about pet care.

Lori is a crappy writer. I took her to mean that she had indoor cats until one developed an allergy. Then she allowed them to be outdoor cats. Certainly, if she kept her cats locked up 24/7 in a garage, no one would say this was good care. You'd be preaching to the choir.

We soon decided that they needed freedom, so during the day, I opened the garage door just enough for them to scoot under it to get out. They would sit in front of our house and all of the neighbors fell in love with them. 

Doesn't sound too bad to me. Lori's done worse things. She didn't say one way or the other about the vet, so we don't know.  

• Downvote 1

So today Lori is going on about men singing.  OK, I tend to like "boy bands" myself.  What gave me a chuckle was in the comments she shared a group called Home Free singing "How Great Thou Art".  I totally agree it is beautiful (They've done "Amazing Grace" as well).  That said, I am a Home Free nut and follow them on every social media platform.  If you haven't heard of them, check them out. They are awesome. They won a show called "The Sing Off" years ago.  

Anyway, what gave me the chuckles was Lori doesn't know Tim is an agnostic and curses like a sailor. Austin and Chance live with their girlfriends, and they can get naughty in their concerts.  Check out the hilarious moment in the spoiler. Lori would die!

Seriously ya'll, search them on Youtube.  You'll be amazed. Especially by Adam's beatboxing.

Spoiler

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4
  • Thank You 2

I'm lucky in the cat department. My dynamic duo have no desire to be outside even when the doors are wide open. When the weather is nice, I leave my door open so Sadie can go in and out as she pleases, she likes to lay in the sun and bake herself. Luke is a bit braver, he might actually go up to the door. Leia, on the other hand, will hide in the bathroom or my bedroom when the door is open. Neither one would adapt successfully to outdoor living. They have enough trouble being indoor cats, they don't cat very well. I couldn't have an outdoor cat anyway, I'd be scared to death that it would get hurt or worse. Sadie has jumped the fence a time or two, I wish I could have a higher fence but there are those pesky HOA rules. Fortunately behind me is a green space and a trail. She runs around and gets the puppy energy out then hops back over the fence and climbs in her chair for a nap. She is chipped and has a tag on her collar so I don't worry quite as much about her. 

But, Lori is a goddamn child, husband and critter abuser. She didn't care that the poor cat was in pain because she is incapable of feeling any empathy for anything let alone an animal. I blew insane money at the vet's because Sadie cried after she had an upset tummy. Cost 600 bucks to discover that she needed to eat slower and less food more times a day. However, I was an utter mess until I got the all clear from the vet. I DO need to try to make Luke realize that just because the bowl is empty, it doesn't mean that he's going to starve to death. I mean, he's got enough extra to survive a few hours w/o food in his bowl. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

I once started going on about how much longer indoor cats live than outdoor cats do—and then got schooled by a friend who rehabilitates feral cats. She feeds them, traps them, takes them to the vet for spaying/neutering and other medical care, and adopts or finds homes for as many as she can.

She told me that some simply refuse to live indoors, so she keeps making sure they’re fed and looking out for them. Fun fact: One that had had a particularly large litter got named Duggar.

• Upvote 9

8 minutes ago, Hane said:

I once started going on about how much longer indoor cats live than outdoor cats do—and then got schooled by a friend who rehabilitates feral cats. She feeds them, traps them, takes them to the vet for spaying/neutering and other medical care, and adopts or finds homes for as many as she can.

She told me that some simply refuse to live indoors, so she keeps making sure they’re fed and looking out for them. Fun fact: One that had had a particularly large litter got named Duggar.

Yeah, both of my cats were cats that I adopted when they showed up at my house. The older, "sturdier" one is easy to keep inside as he's at least 14 years old and doesn't move so fast anymore. The little one (the one that I really don't want outside for several reasons) is impossible. Much like my neighbors dogs, she is an escape artist. And we have another backdoor visiter who is very much a feral/stray cat that I haven't been able to catch yet. He doesn't want to come inside. He doesn't want pets. He's perfectly happy to eat some food and curl up and watch people do indoor stuff through the window. Some of the neighbors and I have expressed regret we don't know anyone who needs a barn cat. 

• Upvote 6

Our cat (about 8 years old now) has recently decided that she's going to use the dog door, but only to leave the house. Once she's done with being in the yard, she yowls in the window until she's let back inside.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 15

On Jimmy Snow’s (aka Dear Mr. Atheist) YouTube channel, he dissected one her recent diatribes. Buried in it is a complimentary mention of Doug Wilson The Toxic Gasbag:

Also, how dare he depict Lori as Martha Corey of “The Crucible” fame? Martha was a real historical figure who died for her refusal to be complicit in the Salem witch-hunt, and I was lucky enough to portray her on stage (I had three whole lines!).

Edited by Hane
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

What?  You aren’t being financially supported by a loving husband so you can stay home full time after childbirth?  Sucks to be you, I guess. 

Christianity at its finest. 

AB52AC28-BFF0-449E-9B88-DD4203305984.png

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 6

JFC...Lori has no fucking clue who Jesus is, what the gospel is and can't even get Paul right. Bitch, take a hermeneutics class! Well, I've now figured out that my church isn't fundie. Not only do we not use the KJV or even the NKJV, the NIV is the preferred translation. My small group is currently studying Galatians. Now, beyond just reading the bible, we also have assignments to study the history of Galatia, what cultural issues were involved, what issues was Paul writing about and how does that apply to modern Christianity and more specifically, how does it apply to me where I am in my faith. 

She'd scream bloody fucking murder about that because she might have to do a little research, read a few other books and THINK! Ignorant bitch. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, kmachete14 said:

OMG Comments are back on the blog !!!! 

*runs and grabs popcorn*

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, kmachete14 said:

OMG Comments are back on the blog !!!! 

I don't think that means she'll approve a comment if she doesn't like it. I tried a few days ago. I didn't write anything mean, I just suggested she read a certain webpage and my comment wasn't posted.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

It used to be that Lori had been so so so so sick for 20 years.  Then she amended that to 25 years. But now, Now it can be told!! 30 years FJ-ers. 30 years she was so so so so sick and suffered (bolding mine).

I have loved being a wife, mother, and homemaker. It’s all I ever wanted in life. Was it easy? No! It’s been extremely difficult and trying for me, since I was terribly ill for 30 years. But it has been good, since it’s God’s perfect plan for me

Will she ever stop harping on the fact she wanted to be a wife and mother so every woman must want the same?  I've always wanted to learn to tap dance (and have) but it's not for everyone.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

On 11/5/2021 at 6:36 AM, Alisamer said:

There is something deeply wrong with Lori, and it's not the brain tumor, IMO.

I agree. She pisses me off even more than Gwen Shamblin does. And that's saying a lot!

Edited by ManyGoats
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

She may have "wanted" to be a wife and mother, but she didn't have the ability. 

(with thanks to Ron White)

Edited by feministxtian
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 12

5 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Will she ever stop harping on the fact she wanted to be a wife and mother so every woman must want the same?  I've always wanted to learn to tap dance (and have) but it's not for everyone.

Also, actively mothering someone is a time-limited activity. Once they hit 18, most kids don't need or want any  mothering. They are trying to grow up and be independent. So after 20 or so years of mothering, what else does she want to do? Her oldest is pushing 40, and the others aren't far behind. Lori no longer has much "mothering" to do.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

I always wanted to ride a two-wheel bicycle, but my balance sucks(spina bifida), and there was a point where I had to accept that it wasn’t going to happen.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 2

9 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

Lori no longer has much "mothering" to do.

Now she's satisfying that urge by bossing everyone else around. Whoops, sorry, just the young women.

• Upvote 9

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic