IGNORED

Lori Alexander 80: So Warm and Inviting

On 11/26/2021 at 7:48 PM, feministxtian said:

Lori has serious mental health issues. Thing is, Ken has enabled her through their entire marriage. If I was going to marry someone who would say they really didn't "love" me but I checked off their boxes, I'd be calling that wedding off in a heartbeat. 

I know Ken isn't a prize by a long shot, but still I am surprised that he hasn't divorced her after her admissions about not really loving him, sabotaging her birth control and other crap she has written.  If I wrote that stuff about Mr. No, he would be visiting a divorce attorney pronto.  

I have said it before and say it again, there is something very, very wrong with this woman.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 7

4 minutes ago, nokidsmom said:

I know Ken isn't a prize by a long shot, but still I am surprised that he hasn't divorced her after her admissions about not really loving him, sabotaging her birth control and other crap she has written.  If I wrote that stuff about Mr. No, he would be visiting a divorce attorney pronto.  

I have said it before and say it again, there is something very, very wrong with this woman.

He's just as sick as she is. He claims he "loves" her but how the hell can you love someone who doesn't reciprocate the emotion? I'd like to know what he gets for staying with her (besides California being a community property state).

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

On 11/25/2021 at 11:59 AM, louisa05 said:

Today, Lori and all of her followers are singing the praises of Anna Duggar, defender of biblical gender roles, champion of submission, slayer of feminism.  Because she’s godly enough to stay—along with seven young children—with a known pedophile. 
I feel like these people may be a bit surprised if god’s judgment works like they think it does. 

I wonder if she has followed any of the trial updates thus far? particularly the testimony at the pre-trial hearing of Bobye Holt -- who by all accounts if the real deal....more of a Godly woman that Lori and her ilk combined.  Pretty damning testimony that Josh IS NOT a good man, and Anna is a fool. Godly women -- no matter how brain washed they are, protect their children. Not make sorry excuses.  This reminds of the "advice" Michael Pearl gave to a woman whose husband was in jail for molestation.  He advised that the mother should take her children to jail to visit their father. WTF

Edited by SongRed7
  • Upvote 9

On 11/27/2021 at 8:42 PM, OldFadedStar said:

Lori seems to regularly post that mothers should nap when her children nap. If they dont, then they are letting their children run the house. 

I guess not letting my toddler be unattended so I can do dishes when she is awake instead of when she is napping, or folding laundry, is letting her run the house. Obviously Lori doesn't have any special needs children. 

I think you’re supposed to hire someone to do the chores. That’s how Lori did it. 

Today, Dr Lori has all the natural cures for everything.  Because she doesn’t believe in going to the doctor. Except when she goes to the doctor. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 14

On 11/29/2021 at 3:24 PM, feministxtian said:

He's just as sick as she is. He claims he "loves" her but how the hell can you love someone who doesn't reciprocate the emotion? I'd like to know what he gets for staying with her (besides California being a community property state).

I think it's a combo of community property and Lori managing to convince him divorce will send him to hell. If the Bible had a verse anywhere in it that said "Thou shalt not remain in wedlock with people incapable of love, but divorce them forthwith!" He'd have been gone a zillion years ago.

I think he stayed for the kids, threatened divorce, Lori freaked and decided to be "submissive" and convinced him to give her another chance, and then managed to convince him divorce is ungodly. And weighing the risk of hell against the risk of having to pay alimony to lazy Lori for the rest of her life after she takes half his property, he figured he might as well just hang around with her.

Hell here on earth with Lori must sound better than eternal hell. He probably figures Heaven will either change Lori for the better or he'll be able to lose her in the crowd, there.

• Upvote 8

I think Anna Duggar is hardly the picture of a godly woman. She’s a fool. I work with adults and children whose parent, unfortunately often the mother, chose to stay with the abuser, molester, etc over and over again. I know the difficulties surrounding leaving but I’m talking the mothers who actively pursue romantic relationships with terrible people over their own children.  And it hurts the kids every single time. I don’t know one person I’ve talked to who benefited from their mom (or dad) staying with an asshat. I wouldn’t be surprised if those children eventually move away and never come back because what their dad is known for and their mother’s choice will stick with them for a long time. 

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 1
  • Disgust 1
  • Sad 2

10 hours ago, Alisamer said:

Hell here on earth with Lori must sound better than eternal hell. He probably figures Heaven will either change Lori for the better or he'll be able to lose her in the crowd, there.

LazyLori and CreepyKen in heaven? You’re so funny!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 9

16 hours ago, HoneyBunny said:

Her purgatory will be to sit and listen to women preachers for a thousand years.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 10

17 hours ago, HoneyBunny said:

Well that's where they THINK they're going, LOL!

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, ManyGoats said:

Her purgatory will be to sit and listen to women preachers for a thousand years.

While being served fast food and non-slimy salad. 

• Haha 7

On 12/1/2021 at 8:02 AM, SongRed7 said:

Bobye Holt -- who by all accounts if the real deal....more of a Godly woman that Lori and her ilk combined.

My female dog is a better Christian than Lori. I mean, she protects my house, she picks up on my moods. My female cat is too. She spends her days sleeping in the cat tree, rarely complains and snuggles with me at night. Now if only they could cook, clean and do laundry, I'd be thrilled!

• Upvote 4

Who is this new nut job fanboy leghumper David Backus on Lori's FB? He can just take all the seats, STFU and GTFO ........ all the way out and never come back.

A sample of his insanity from today (bolding mine):

I wish we would obey Torah,and even the Christians don't want to fully do that We DO need to all sit down and have a healthy conversation about the way forward because the church has failed...and our society is failing. Wives don't want to take care of their husbands. Churches don't want to bolster and support families.Families don't even take care of each other. Polygamy is frowned on, and a lot of people aren't even suited for marriage for a lot of reasons. There is much I would preach on if I were ever a pastor. Unfortunately, it's quite unpopular and I would probably be ousted from the church. Yes. I believe that we should run society completely by the Torah law (or old Testament as the Christians call it.) But the church today can't stomach that. The Bible...ALL of the Bible is correct. But well, we decided to do our own thing... "All we like sheep have gone astray..."

Oh ......... and he thinks brothels are A-OK if you're single. A-OK for men that is. But sex workers are bad bad bad.

• Upvote 6
  • WTF 3
  • I Agree 1

9 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Who is this new nut job fanboy leghumper David Backus on Lori's FB? He can just take all the seats, STFU and GTFO ........ all the way out and never come back.

A sample of his insanity from today (bolding mine):

Oh ......... and he thinks brothels are A-OK if you're single. A-OK for men that is. But sex workers are bad bad bad.

Adding David to the list of men I wouldn’t touch with a hundred foot pole. Lol I guarantee this guy doesn’t actually want what he thinks he wants because I have a feeling he’d hate it if society was run exactly like the Torah. I mean he’d probably hate the Year of Jubilee. 

• Upvote 11

14 hours ago, feministxtian said:

My female dog is a better Christian than Lori. I mean, she protects my house, she picks up on my moods. My female cat is too. She spends her days sleeping in the cat tree, rarely complains and snuggles with me at night. Now if only they could cook, clean and do laundry, I'd be thrilled!

Hell, I’d be happy if Shadow would clean her own litterbox. 😁

• Haha 6

3 hours ago, smittykins said:

Hell, I’d be happy if Shadow would clean her own litterbox. 😁

I blew big bucks on a self-cleaning litter box and my female cat refused to use it. 

• Haha 5

On 12/1/2021 at 3:07 PM, Sarah92 said:

I think Anna Duggar is hardly the picture of a godly woman. She’s a fool. I work with adults and children whose parent, unfortunately often the mother, chose to stay with the abuser, molester, etc over and over again. I know the difficulties surrounding leaving but I’m talking the mothers who actively pursue romantic relationships with terrible people over their own children.  And it hurts the kids every single time. I don’t know one person I’ve talked to who benefited from their mom (or dad) staying with an asshat. I wouldn’t be surprised if those children eventually move away and never come back because what their dad is known for and their mother’s choice will stick with them for a long time. 

I’ve been told in no uncertain terms today  in regard to Josh’s trial , that parents have a biological instinct to protect children that non-parents can never have. The person was forced to admit that perhaps Josh missed this. Then forced to admit that adoptive parents have it (even though it’s biological) but no non-parent can ever have any instinct to protect children nor be completely appalled at the abuse of children and all parents experience both of these things. Except possibly Josh. 
Your post seems to contradict this. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

I blew big bucks on a self-cleaning litter box and my female cat refused to use it. 

Yeah, cost is a big reason why I won’t buy one(the other being that many experts, including Jackson Galaxy, don’t recommend them—they can malfunction, which can lead to avoidance, and you’re unable to check for possible health issues because the “evidence” is neatly swept away).

On 12/2/2021 at 3:44 PM, ManyGoats said:

wearing thongs and leggings

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 9

On 11/25/2021 at 9:59 AM, louisa05 said:

Today, Lori and all of her followers are singing the praises of Anna Duggar, defender of biblical gender roles, champion of submission, slayer of feminism.  Because she’s godly enough to stay—along with seven young children—with a known pedophile. 
I feel like these people may be a bit surprised if god’s judgment works like they think it does. 

I'm not surprised Lori is praising Anna. I followed Josh trial this week and then took a peak at what Lori was up to. I'll never forget Ken's bullshit defense of Josh years ago.

• Upvote 5

13 hours ago, lilwriter85 said:

I'm not surprised Lori is praising Anna. I followed Josh trial this week and then took a peak at what Lori was up to. I'll never forget Ken's bullshit defense of Josh years ago.

What was his defense? (I don't need a lot of detail, just the gist of it)

3 hours ago, ManyGoats said:

What was his defense? (I don't need a lot of detail, just the gist of it)

Edited to add-let me try to find the posts from way back then. I want to make sure I didn't mix up Ken with another Josh defender

I think Ken and Lori were the few in the fundie/fundie lite, Evangelical crowd to continue support of the Duggars after the 2015 scandal. I might be remembering it wrong, but I think Lori stayed quiet on the Toby Willis scandal. 

Edited by lilwriter85
Trying to find old blog posts
  • Thank You 1

Any FJers able to remember more on what Ken and Lori said back in 2015 on Josh? I'm racking my brain trying to remember what they said because I sort of recall another there were a few others whowere defending Josh and/or the Duggars back then? 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, lilwriter85 said:

Again, I'm trying to recall if it was some weird excuse given by Ken or another fundie guy. 

• Upvote 1

I thought Ken said that it was normal and typical for children to engage in the kind of 'exploration' Josh was involved in with his sisters.  I thought he also said that incest was a common thing in many families.  (That might be a little extreme, but I remember whatever he said about relationships between siblings was very, very strange and not at all normal.) 

I just googled it and FJ was discussing Ken's opinions about molestation and sex between siblings as normal and common back in May, 2016.  

• Upvote 2
  • Disgust 4
  • I Agree 2

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic