IGNORED

Lawsy & Tiffy 6: Shallow Pools, Reflecting Each Other

nelliebelle1197

11 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

That’s definitely a possibility. I could see them having two ceremonies and receptions. 

they just borrow a kitchen at the venue or a house, Tiffany's or her parents or brothers. Maybe they just did the cake appointment because aunt Kay had time and they were in tennesee and about to leave for Cali. But if there going to have it in California, there might be a capacity issue there planning on having 200 to 300 guests and they might be forced to wear masks.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

That’s definitely a possibility. I could see them having two ceremonies and receptions. 

I think so too. It's super extra and very Lawson. 

• Upvote 2

I don’t think we actually know the cake is done by his aunt. Someone guessed it (and very clearly wrote “guess”) but they might be going with a professional in California. I can see Tiffany wanting exactly what she wants and being happy to pay for it (absolutely fine) and Lawson is probably fine to get the exact IG look as long as he is not opening is own purse.

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

I don’t think we actually know the cake is done by his aunt. Someone guessed it (and very clearly wrote “guess”) but they might be going with a professional in California. I can see Tiffany wanting exactly what she wants and being happy to pay for it (absolutely fine) and Lawson is probably fine to get the exact IG look as long as he is not opening is own purse.

The story about the cake meeting said "So thankful for Aunt Kay's help" so either she's baking the cake, or they took her along to their appointment with another baker for guidance, which I guess is possible, but seems less likely. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 3

On 12/21/2021 at 3:38 AM, formergothardite said:

Gil and Kelly’s priorities were weird even for IBLP fundies. At the same time they were pretty clearly in poverty with Lawson working to buy groceries, Gil and Kelly spent their meager resources getting a horse for him to use as a prop for the cowboy movies he made. They also took him on a trip across the country to meet with a Christian movie producer. They made horrible financial decisions that didn’t make a ton of sense. 

Well it ultimately got them a tv show and fame, so I am sure they think it was a good choice. 

CA is nearing a lockdown again. I doubt they will be able to film a big extravagant wedding here. I agree that two ceremonies seems like a smart bet. Something small in CA and over the top in Tennessee. 

• Upvote 6

There's a short clip on Tiff's instagram stories (screenshot from there) with them "checking out wedding locations". They are somewhere on a cliff near the ocean, so definitely not in Tennessee. 

44C33940-2191-4FCB-93B8-E542A6EEF683_1_201_a.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

It's not like upTV won't foot the bill for plane tickets or "How funny will it be to see these southern people in Hollywood lolololol"

• Upvote 4

Its gonna be a bitch to transport Lawson's horse to California for the ceremony.

Is Tiffany at Sunset Cliffs, or Point Loma?

Anyway, I guess I am wrong about a possible New Year's wedding. But I still think its happening in the next 10 weeks.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 24

31 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Its gonna be a bitch to transport Lawson's horse to California for the ceremony.

You win the internet today 🤣.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

“We’re trying to find the perfectly over the top, obscenely expensive location for our wedding. Please pray for us!” 🙄

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 24

On 12/23/2021 at 8:14 AM, HereticHick said:

Is Tiffany at Sunset Cliffs, or Point Loma?

Anyway, I guess I am wrong about a possible New Year's wedding. But I still think its happening in the next 10 weeks.

I’m pretty sure that’s Point Loma. I went to school at PLNU briefly and that looks like the beach that the university is on. 

• Upvote 3

If Tiffany still owns a property in California I can see Lawson living here for a while- he fancies himself as showbiz. There are logistical issues of transporting the horse and whether the local police  would let him cosplay, but I think he’d stick it for a year or two.

Edited by Idlewild
  • Haha 6

Tiffany posted a retrospective of her “last year as an Espensen” and it’s almost all pictures of her and Lawson and other Bates. I get that she is in love or thinks she is, but it is sad to see her entire year revolving around this man. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 9
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

On 12/30/2021 at 12:43 PM, artdecades said:

Tiffany posted a retrospective of her “last year as an Espensen” and it’s almost all pictures of her and Lawson and other Bates. I get that she is in love or thinks she is, but it is sad to see her entire year revolving around this man. 

I also wonder if, unconsciously, Tiffany is more ''in love'' with the idea of becoming a Bates than becoming Mrs. Lawson Bates.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

8 minutes ago, Vivi_music said:

I also wonder if, unconsciously, Tiffany is more ''in love'' with the idea of becoming a Bates than becoming Mrs. Lawson Bates.

When I was her age, friends were getting engaged and thinking of marriage. It can be contagious. She might be in love with the idea of having a big wedding and joining a big family. But a wedding is just one day. And his family can’t make up for the fact that he’s a vain attention whore.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

I honestly don't get why everyone thinks Lawson and Tiff will be the first sure Bates divorce. They are both vain, attention-seeking "Christians" who want that influencer lifestyle. They could both be considered attractive, and probably put a premium on themselves and each other for fitness, fashion etc. If they like California and jet-setting and being in "godly, Christian" movies or music videos then...they could have a happy life together. Obviously kids could challenge this lifestyle but if they manage to stay on the same page about family size and responsibilities it could work out. It may not be a lifestyle I would want, but I can see them being happy together all the same.

• Upvote 11
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, neurogirl said:

I honestly don't get why everyone thinks Lawson and Tiff will be the first sure Bates divorce. They are both vain, attention-seeking "Christians" who want that influencer lifestyle. They could both be considered attractive, and probably put a premium on themselves and each other for fitness, fashion etc. If they like California and jet-setting and being in "godly, Christian" movies or music videos then...they could have a happy life together. Obviously kids could challenge this lifestyle but if they manage to stay on the same page about family size and responsibilities it could work out. It may not be a lifestyle I would want, but I can see them being happy together all the same.

I guess I’m looking at their marriage through a more financial perspective. Tiff comes from money. If she wants out, money won’t be an issue for her. I think her family would always want what is best for her personally, and if Tiff wants a divorce, they would be supportive. I also think they will he happy for awhile, but marriage can be a long slog and the happiness might not last forever. I don’t see any of the Bates daughters or Whitney wanting a divorce ever. Maybe Esther will get sick of Nathan, but she’d definitely have a more difficult lifestyle than Tiffany after a divorce. Of course I’m not considering any of the unmarried Bates kids or the current husbands’ potential views on divorce!

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

@neurogirl the more I see of them together  I agree with you. They are vain and shallow and suit each other perfectly. They did an Instagram story telling people to sign up for you.gov polls because you get gift cards - and they love gift cards. Of course they do. 
They will look to monetise everything- wedding, honeymoon, babies, home decor and this will fund their lifestyle while Lawson plays at the occasional gig that’s mad enough to book him and pretends he’s a successful singer. 

• I Agree 1

I feel like they might get divided because she is still in her early 20’s and there is a chance she will grow out of her current behavior. Especially if she has a child to care for. Lawson likes using babies as photo props, but no way he will do the hard work of caring for a child. I suspect the reality of being married to Lawson is not going to be sunshine and roses. He is 30 years old and still acts exactly like he did when he was in his early 20s. He even poses in the exact same ridiculous ways. There has been no signs that he has matured as a person.

So in a couple of years I think she might outgrow him. And with her background I don’t think she will stay in a miserable marriage. I have a cousin whose first marriage reminds me of Lawson and Tiffany, so that is probably coloring my view. In her 20s she married a guy in his 30s who was really immature but at the time she thought he was fun and cool. By 27 she had matured enough to realize what sort of person he was.

• Upvote 21
  • Love 1

On 12/22/2021 at 10:28 PM, xenobia said:

There's a short clip on Tiff's instagram stories (screenshot from there) with them "checking out wedding locations". They are somewhere on a cliff near the ocean, so definitely not in Tennessee. 

44C33940-2191-4FCB-93B8-E542A6EEF683_1_201_a.jpeg

I wonder how often it happens that fundie couples, once they spend more time together during their wedding preparations, realize they are not a good match.

Not saying this is true for Lawson and Tiffany, but this instagram story just made me imagine that situation… being on a kind of “road trip” together, spending all day together (and possibly getting to know the other person’s annoying habits for the first time), having to make decisions together, both big and small… on a trip like that, they would not only have to agree on the wedding location, but so many other smaller things, too - where to eat lunch/dinner, how much to spend on food and hotels, how to organize the day… none of these things are particularly big deals, but they likely will mean they get to know each other on a different level.

And sometimes it’s the small things that bug you - for example, one will want to organize the day in detail (“Breakfast at 8, leave at 8.45, arrive at the first location at 9.30, drive on to the second location by 10.30 at the latest in order to get to restaurant xyz in time for lunch, they have good reviews and a cheap buffet lunch” etc…), while the other might just want to go for a more easygoing approach (“We’ll leave tomorrow morning once we’re ready after breakfast and see how we like the first location. Then we’ll take it from there and just have lunch somewhere on the way if we see a nice little cafe.”).

I wonder how many of them get a sinking feeling during those times when they realize their fiancé/fiancée is good looking, parent-approved and “loves the lord with all his/her heart”, but at the same time just plain BORING or ANNOYING. Do they ever think “oh man, what have I got myself into”?

• Upvote 10

55 minutes ago, GreenBeans said:

I wonder how often it happens that fundie couples, once they spend more time together during their wedding preparations, realize they are not a good match.

Not saying this is true for Lawson and Tiffany, but this instagram story just made me imagine that situation… being on a kind of “road trip” together, spending all day together (and possibly getting to know the other person’s annoying habits for the first time), having to make decisions together, both big and small… on a trip like that, they would not only have to agree on the wedding location, but so many other smaller things, too - where to eat lunch/dinner, how much to spend on food and hotels, how to organize the day… none of these things are particularly big deals, but they likely will mean they get to know each other on a different level.

And sometimes it’s the small things that bug you - for example, one will want to organize the day in detail (“Breakfast at 8, leave at 8.45, arrive at the first location at 9.30, drive on to the second location by 10.30 at the latest in order to get to restaurant xyz in time for lunch, they have good reviews and a cheap buffet lunch” etc…), while the other might just want to go for a more easygoing approach (“We’ll leave tomorrow morning once we’re ready after breakfast and see how we like the first location. Then we’ll take it from there and just have lunch somewhere on the way if we see a nice little cafe.”).

I wonder how many of them get a sinking feeling during those times when they realize their fiancé/fiancée is good looking, parent-approved and “loves the lord with all his/her heart”, but at the same time just plain BORING or ANNOYING. Do they ever think “oh man, what have I got myself into”?

I wondered that about Lauren Caldwell and Titus hall. They got engaged and not long after it seemed to be called off. 

• Upvote 8

4 hours ago, GreenBeans said:

I think because the man is the headship, it is less of an issue for a lot of fundie couples. The husband has the final word, and the wife is expected to obey. So it's probably drilled into all from the beginning that they have certain 'roles'. 

18 hours ago, neurogirl said:

I feel the same when people claim that about JinJer for similar reasons. Jeremy is way too invested in the perfect Christian influencer image and Jinger gets to live in a big city and go to fancy parties. It’s perfect for both of them. 

At least with Tiff she has precedent with her father being divorced and remarried. But we don’t know the nature of the divorce or how it is justified to them. Fundie mental gymnastics are an amazing thing. I can totally see Tiffany justifying her dads divorce while not considering it for herself ever. 

19 minutes ago, artdecades said:

At least with Tiff she has precedent with her father being divorced and remarried. But we don’t know the nature of the divorce or how it is justified to them. Fundie mental gymnastics are an amazing thing. I can totally see Tiffany justifying her dads divorce while not considering it for herself ever. 

I didn’t know that Tiffany’s dad had been divorced. Where did you see this?

3 hours ago, JDuggs said:

I didn’t know that Tiffany’s dad had been divorced. Where did you see this?

Her older brother, Eric, has a different mother than Tiffany (her IG is public and you can easily find it through his IG but she isn’t a famous person or a fundie so I feel weird posting it) with the same last name if Espensen. So I don’t know for certain but it seems to be the case. 

• Upvote 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic