IGNORED

Trace Bates 2: Dating A Poor Persecuted Refugee with A Purpose?

nelliebelle1197

I think a fruit cake could be festive and tasty. Let’s just hope a person allows themselves to have any type of cake and it has nothing to do with any sort of disordered eating. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

Disagree. It is 100% a cake and a beautiful one at that. My mom used to make stuff like this for class parties in elementary school and they were always a hit.

Now with the price of fruit? That's easily a $50 cake with no labor cost included.

That is probably 2 watermelons, two pounds of grapes, one or two mangoes, a couple kiwis, a handful of blueberries, and a pound of strawberries. At the most. The fruit is very thinly sliced. 

but also, it’s a fruit salad. It’s not a cake. 

• Upvote 10

It' s not a cake. It has the shape of a cake. This said, it's a very good idea. Healthy, tasty and cute. Choosing that does not mean having an eating disorder. We are always critizising fundies for their bad diets... and now that they are eating a lot of fresh food, it's still no good?

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2

32 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

It' s not a cake. It has the shape of a cake. This said, it's a very good idea. Healthy, tasty and cute. Choosing that does not mean having an eating disorder. We are always critizising fundies for their bad diets... and now that they are eating a lot of fresh food, it's still no good?

It's a "fruitcake" that I would actually enjoy eating!!!😋😂

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, Smoochie said:

My uncle hates cake, his 'cake' is a pan of rice crispy treats with a candle!

I love rice crispy treats. I can eat a huge amount of them but not much actual cake in one sitting. It’s probably all the sugar in the icing that makes me only able to have a small piece. 

• Upvote 7

Listen. If you don’t like cake that is a okay with me. More cake for the rest of us. But that is not cake. Don’t call it cake. Cake is taken. And it’s delicious. 

• Upvote 7
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 2

1 minute ago, artdecades said:

Listen. If you don’t like cake that is a okay with me. More cake for the rest of us. But that is not cake. Don’t call it cake. Cake is taken. And it’s delicious. 

True. When I was a decorator, we had display cakes that weren’t actually cakes. They were pieces of styrofoam decorated to look like wedding cakes. People would always come in and say, “that looks delicious!” Then I would watch their disappointment when I revealed it wasn’t real cake. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

So Lydia is doing her registry today with Josi q..wedding soon? I feel like they will have a shorter engagement than Katie or Lawson. Summer wedding is my guess and Josie as a bridesmaid (or even MoH)

• Upvote 5

16 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

So Lydia is doing her registry today with Josi q..wedding soon? I feel like they will have a shorter engagement than Katie or Lawson. Summer wedding is my guess and Josie as a bridesmaid (or even MoH)

So going for the standard 3 month fundy courtship?

19 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

So going for the standard 3 month fundy courtship?

They might be on a shorter schedule since neither are still in school, they both live in the same state so moving won’t be a huge ordeal, and they aren’t immature teens with parents who think they might need a longer engagement. But I imagine they might have more paperwork since she’s from Germany. 

• Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They might be on a shorter schedule since neither are still in school, they both live in the same state so moving won’t be a huge ordeal, and they aren’t immature teens with parents who think they might need a longer engagement. But I imagine they might have more paperwork since she’s from Germany. 

And she already has her own place, so that isn't an issue. I am guessing a June/July wedding. Defintirly before the fall, meaning K&G will have married 4 children off in less than 12 months. 

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Upvote 4

52 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

And she already has her own place, so that isn't an issue.

Really? Like she lives on her own away from her parents? I must have missed that, I don't follow her very closely. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

6 minutes ago, lumpentheologie said:

Really? Like she lives on her own away from her parents? I must have missed that, I don't follow her very closely. 

Yep. She has her own apartment. And a cat. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 5

Hhm, another fundie maiden betrothed to a Bates boy who has a place of her own?  Interesting. Did Abby have a place of her own before marrying JD? 

• Upvote 2

Does Trace have a steady source of income? Or is he going to pull a Lawson and live off of Lydia. Some headships  KJ and G produce. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

12 hours ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

Hhm, another fundie maiden betrothed to a Bates boy who has a place of her own?  Interesting. Did Abby have a place of her own before marrying JD? 

No, I think she lived with her parents. She had been working as a nurse for like 6 months. I had always thought she had been a nurse for longer since she was a bit older.

• Upvote 7

24 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

No, I think she lived with her parents. She had been working as a nurse for like 6 months. I had always thought she had been a nurse for longer since she was a bit older.

Although I do think her two brothers got a place together before they got married to their current wives. I hate how some fundie parents will allow the boys to move out before marriage but not the girls. 

• Upvote 6

16 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

Yep. She has her own apartment. And a cat. 

I'm impressed. So she makes enough income from modeling and photography to pay rent? Or does she have another job I don't know about.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

I'm impressed. So she makes enough income from modeling and photography to pay rent? Or does she have another job I don't know about.

I think her photography does pretty well. She was recommended to Josie to become the Effortless Beauty photographer a year ago and that suggests she had an established business and reputation. 

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Upvote 5

On 4/12/2022 at 2:08 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think a fruit cake could be festive and tasty. Let’s just hope a person allows themselves to have any type of cake and it has nothing to do with any sort of disordered eating. 

As an old mom of five struggling to recover or not let anorexia control my life your post is spot on. I have worked on healing for 30 years. My Facebook will never lead anyone to question my relationship with food. I am very good at hiding my desire to starve myself.   I was taught at 10 that nothing tastes as good as skinny feels and I struggle. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 24

Trace and Lydia have a YT channel now too. They did a video on how they met:

She first meet Josie, she was her photographer for about a year and she sugested she wanted to set her up with one of her brothers. Trace was at work and Josie texted him that she had the perfect girl for him.

She and her family are not citizens. He admires how she trusts God in this situation. He says it is too long of a story and may go into details in another video. Because of this situation she couldnt get a car license and had to walk to work for a long time.

Their first actual date alone they went horseback riding, and then he taught her how to drive a manual car. He says they have a lot of things in comon: faith, family, active stuff, sports, adventurous stuff.

She works in a church nursery and also is a photographer. He does full time construction.

They plan to do a Q&A video soon and give wedding details.

All in all the video was not too bad, good image quality and didnt have annoying music like Alyssa and John videos. She seems nice but super quiet, i could barely hear what she said sometimes. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 6

I think if I wasn’t allowed to get my license, I would invest in a really nice bike to get to work. But that’s just me. 

• Upvote 2

Are church nurseries open during the week? If not that is not sufficient to pay her rent and expenses. Also, how does Lydia get to her photography jobs, and transports all her equipment? 

• Upvote 2

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic