IGNORED

Nesther 6: Skydiving Straight into the Wedding Square

nelliebelle1197

On 11/14/2021 at 5:23 PM, 3splenty said:

My coworker commented on that, too!  

I explained the meaning of the wedding square and she's determined to work that into conversation before our shift is up.  

I don't understand the meaning of the "wedding square".  What does it mean?

5 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I don't understand the meaning of the "wedding square".  What does it mean?

@SorenaJ answered this on page 3:

On 11/4/2021 at 9:30 AM, SorenaJ said:

wedding square.jpg

• Haha 5
  • Thank You 1

I think I missed something he said.  There was a comment in another thread about his "casual racism".  Did he say something specific?  I have no doubt he may think it but I try not to pay attention to him so I wonder if I missed something. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JMO said:

I think I missed something he said.  There was a comment in another thread about his "casual racism".  Did he say something specific?  I have no doubt he may think it but I try not to pay attention to him so I wonder if I missed something. 

Carlin posted a story where one of the brothers (most likely Nathan) made a tasteless "joke" about George Floyd. It is not 💯 clear which brother it is, but it sounded like Nathan to me and he had a smug look on his face when the camera panned to him so I am willing to say it was him.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 3

5 hours ago, ToriAmos said:

But who calls it a wedding square? Is this a Gothard thing?

No, it is not Gothard. It was a poster in a Nester thread a while back, whose grandmother had referred to that body part as the ‘wedding square’. This was in response to a discussion after the pic where Nathan was hugging Esther from behind with his hands dangerously close to Esther’s, well, wedding square. I believe the pic was from before they were even engaged, and people thought it was a bit on the immodest/Nike side for a fundie. 

I will try to hunt down the original wedding square post. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 5

The fact that fundies make such a huge deal about not kissing before marriage along with a bunch of other rules bugs me to no end for multiple reasons. But one of the biggest is that anyone in the family who doesn’t is assumed to be “not as good.” If the gold standard in fundie land is waiting to have your first kiss at the wedding, then not waiting means you’re less than. When it comes to sex before marriage, most people won’t know either way because there are no witnesses to that. You can usually hide it (unless there’s a whoops pregnancy).  But there can be witnesses to kissing before marriage. People may know. Especially if you aren’t constantly talking about saving your first kiss. The ones that do wait, can’t stop talking about it! So everyone knows. Honestly I see kissing before marriage to be very healthy and waiting to be unhealthy. So it’s always crazy to me that they are bragging about something I think is a horrible choice. It’s like a 13 year old bragging that he tried smoking a cigarette. It’s nothing to brag about in my opinion.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 5

20 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

No, it is not Gothard. It was a poster in a Nester thread a while back, whose grandmother had referred to that body part as the ‘wedding square’. This was in response to a discussion after the pic where Nathan was hugging Esther from behind with his hands dangerously close to Esther’s, well, wedding square. I believe the pic was from before they were even engaged, and people thought it was a bit on the immodest/Nike side for a fundie. 

I will try to hunt down the original wedding square post. 

It was me, a few threads back. I was quoting a poster from Reddit who originally used the term.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 6

On 11/27/2021 at 6:44 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Honestly I see kissing before marriage to be very healthy and waiting to be unhealthy. So it’s always crazy to me that they are bragging about something I think is a horrible choice. It’s like a 13 year old bragging that he tried smoking a cigarette. It’s nothing to brag about in my opinion.

ITA.  I always thought this waiting until marriage for the first kiss was a very, very bad idea.   In addition to being unhealthy, it also makes a very big deal of that first kiss at the couple's wedding, something that no one thinks about at well, at a nonfundie wedding.   And everyone knows, there's sometimes hooting and hollering when it happens, it's just embarrassing IMHO.   For people who are so big on modesty, it comes off as pretty immodest.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 7

11 hours ago, nokidsmom said:

ITA.  I always thought this waiting until marriage for the first kiss was a very, very bad idea.   In addition to being unhealthy, it also makes a very big deal of that first kiss at the couple's wedding, something that no one thinks about at well, at a nonfundie wedding.   And everyone knows, there's sometimes hooting and hollering when it happens, it's just embarrassing IMHO.   For people who are so big on modesty, it comes off as pretty immodest.

Makes what should be a happy/private moment into a dreaded, negative memory (imo). 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

At this point, I'm not impressed by people waiting to do kiss, hug, or even have sex before they get married. I respect people making decisions that are right for them. I don't think people should be pressured to wait or not wait and they should make decisions that right for them.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

On 12/1/2021 at 10:32 PM, AussieKrissy said:

That’s why I always gave kudos for jessa and Ben taking it away to do privately. 

I have read that it was rumored they didn't kiss in front of anyone because they had already kissed prior to marriage and they wouldn't have been able to spout the 'and now you may have your first kiss' thing.

• Thank You 1

Sure, and it was also rumored they had sex during that interlude in the church. I don't care what they did before or since the wedding, but those rumors are always around.

• Upvote 5

15 hours ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

Sure, and it was also rumored they had sex during that interlude in the church. I don't care what they did before or since the wedding, but those rumors are always around.

I don't believe the sex bit but the kiss thing isn't unfathomable.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

On 12/3/2021 at 1:51 AM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

At this point, I'm not impressed by people waiting to do kiss, hug, or even have sex before they get married. I respect people making decisions that are right for them. I don't think people should be pressured to wait or not wait and they should make decisions that right for them.

Well said! I agree that what a couple decides to do or not do is up to them. As you said, they shouldn't feel pressure from others. 

What do you think Nesther's first RV road trip will be? Since Tiffany seems to have already picked out her wedding dress, maybe they will head to California for the LawTif nuptialspalooza.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, HereticHick said:

What do you think Nesther's first RV road trip will be? Since Tiffany seems to have already picked out her wedding dress, maybe they will head to California for the LawTif nuptialspalooza.

Didn't Esther just post that they're in Arkansas now? It was an insta story of Nathan driving the RV and captioned something about "driving home to Arkansas" so maybe that's "home" for the next few days/weeks/etc. I suspect in reality they'll end up spending most of their newlywed year parked in TN or PA, with various trips to AR/FL/TX/around the country

• Upvote 2

On 12/8/2021 at 5:32 PM, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

Didn't Esther just post that they're in Arkansas now? It was an insta story of Nathan driving the RV and captioned something about "driving home to Arkansas" so maybe that's "home" for the next few days/weeks/etc. I suspect in reality they'll end up spending most of their newlywed year parked in TN or PA, with various trips to AR/FL/TX/around the country

She tagged along to the Mediccorps rescue cosplay in Arkansas. And she's wearing leggings, I think:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CXb6BV_Pi28/

image.png.2ec29efdd139f9d1874474fd77566470.png

Edited by HereticHick
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

15 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

She tagged along to the Mediccorps rescue cosplay in Arkansas. And she's wearing leggings, I think:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CXb6BV_Pi28/

image.png.2ec29efdd139f9d1874474fd77566470.png

Esther has always worn pants. I think she probably wore more skirts around the Bates house and for filming. But there were plenty of Facebook pictures from before their relationship with Esther wearing shorts, pants, tank tops, etc.

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1

Do we think we will see Tiffany traipsing around with MedicCorps after she and Lawson get hitched? Or is she too much of a delicate flower for that?

• Upvote 4

39 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Do we think we will see Tiffany traipsing around with MedicCorps after she and Lawson get hitched? Or is she too much of a delicate flower for that?

She might go for the pictures. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 8

Tiff did accompany them on a recent disaster, Louisiana or Mississippi?

Their pictured crew has three women out of eight. Not exactly their macho brand. And where’s John David?

• Upvote 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic