IGNORED

Nesther 6: Skydiving Straight into the Wedding Square

nelliebelle1197

I loved camping and when I was a girl scout in both Germany and Italy, we slept in special tents where a fire could be lit inside. I loved the adventure, mastered the art of improvisation and never felt uncomfortable in a sleeping bag or on the hard ground. Then I had two children and a huge bladder problem (had to have a hysterectomy at 33 years old…) I can’t sleep anywhere without a bathroom nearby although I still love the outdoors with all my heart so I took my son camping this summer and tried portable, foldable toilets….those are not easily handled in the dark at night….. I have to accept the fact that my tent days are over 😪 Maybe we could rent an RV, camper or cabin next time.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 4

She is not wearing wholesomewear under this little swim coverup.  It might even be a 2-piece. And my sympathy for the workers at honeymoon resorts who are constantly tasked with taking photos of young horndogs like these.

image.png.103651b8d81253730a140e1d7fb5511f.png

• Upvote 21

50 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

She is not wearing wholesomewear under this little swim coverup.  It might even be a 2-piece. And my sympathy for the workers at honeymoon resorts who are constantly tasked with taking photos of young horndogs like these.

image.png.103651b8d81253730a140e1d7fb5511f.png

One of my coworkers saw this pic (we're on break) and she said, "That isn't how you do CPR, dude."

• Haha 24
  • Thank You 1

Where do we think they are going to live? Next to the Bates borg I imagined has Nathan brought a house recently? The Bates doesn't seem to have starters home ready for the newlywed like the Duggars right? It has been so long since a Bates boy wedding...I don't think I was even on Fj at the time, or at least I wasn't following the Bates that I found around Michael's wedding 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, 3splenty said:

One of my coworkers saw this pic (we're on break) and she said, "That isn't how you do CPR, dude."

He is working on the chest compressions, though.

• Haha 26
  • Love 1

24 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

He is working on the chest compressions, though.

My coworker commented on that, too!  

I explained the meaning of the wedding square and she's determined to work that into conversation before our shift is up.  

• Haha 20

Just musing…I wonder about the rate/incidence of honeymoon cystitis among these folks. Hope they are receiving good health care information prior to marriage (and after as well). I have had seasons where I have suffered from cystitis and it’s so painful. 

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 8

Also doesn’t it feel like they’ve been on honeymoon for 2 months? Like seriously though it’s been at least two weeks. I need UP to make a show out of my life. It would be called “Boring Empty Nesters” and they can record us… what the hell DO we do?  🧐 Watch British baking show, eat take out for the 50th night in a row cause why not, sit in a house that actually stays clean now, and freak the fuck out with excitement when the kids call and come home to visit. Ratings gold, I tell ya. 

• Upvote 14
  • Haha 6
  • Love 14

6 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

I need UP to make a show out of my life. It would be called “Boring Empty Nesters” and they can record us… what the hell DO we do?  🧐 Watch British baking show, eat take out for the 50th night in a row cause why not, sit in a house that actually stays clean now, and freak the fuck out with excitement when the kids call and come home to visit. Ratings gold, I tell ya. 

If it’s any consolation: I’m still in the season of life with two teenagers at home and lots of angst and drama going on, and right now, what you’re describing sounds like absolute heaven to me 😂.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 6
  • Love 2

Camping: It depends. I‘ve slept for one night on a mountain watching a meteor shower and loved it. Without a tent tough. Went camping for several days on tropical islands with tents, hated it. Night one I got soaking wet in the tent because of massive rain and the stream that formed went through right under my tent. 2nd night wasn‘t better and there was sand everywhere you wouldn‘t expect it 🥴

• Upvote 5

7 hours ago, Nothing if not critical said:

If it’s any consolation: I’m still in the season of life with two teenagers at home and lots of angst and drama going on, and right now, what you’re describing sounds like absolute heaven to me 😂.

Ten years ago we were completely in the throes of it. We were so busy, house was a hot mess all the time, there were bad boyfriends, sneaking around… but also sports, concerts, laughter, proms, and all the stuff that comes with teens. This is fine, but I miss them all being here so much. ❤️

• Love 14

8 hours ago, Nothing if not critical said:

I’m 13 years removed from the drama and angst, and fully convinced that you need to go through that time to allow them to leave/launch. It’s like a rite of passage, one I’m glad I won’t have to live again. Good luck, this too shall pass.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

I am definitely not a camper. But glamping is really really different. You get a real bed, often carpets, some sort of wardrobe and sometimes even a en suite bath (though that’s seriously on the glam factor side 💰💰💰)

Edited by just_ordinary
  • Upvote 5

Being a tropical creature, I need constant AC tho. Glamping usually offers a ceiling fan and for me personally a fan won't cut it. Just got back from our Bali honeymoon and my husband said whenever I stepped into the sun, I immediately wilted. Even had our AC on in relatively colder (for the region) Ubud.

Kinda envy the westerners who seems to enjoy the heat while simultaneously concerned about their visible sunburns (skin cancer!) and lack of mask wearing attitude. All the domestic travelers and locals kept theirs on and I saw a lot of foreigners brazenly forgo their masks. I bet Nesther didn't even wear theirs at the resort.

• Upvote 4

I'm an electricity and running water person when it comes to travel, however I glamped in a POD this year and honestly it was a pretty good experience! Booked it on a whim the day before as it wasn't too far and was pretty cheap thinking if I hated it, it was one night and then never again. 

It had a super comfortable double mattress inside, solar powered lights and charging ports, I left the side up through the night (I like to be cold/have air to sleep) and there was a beautiful, brand new shower hut with heated towel rail, power shower and toilet. Thankfully nobody else was staying on site when I visited so we had the place to ourselves and enjoyed cooking on the fire pit and exploring the surrounding farm. 

Polish_20211120_180859536.thumb.jpg.05b7edef32e8f0437e3679d2961a06dc.jpg

I've camped in tents as a child/teen (little ones on the ground and the semi-permanent ones with concrete bases and beds) and never enjoyed the experience. I don't need to try it again to be sure, but I would go back to the pod again! 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

23 hours ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

I don't need to try it again to be sure, but I would go back to the pod again! 

Would you say that you're a "pod person" now?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 9

So they are living in an RV, after all the extra unnecessary things they did in the wedding I didn't see this being the house of the princess. 

Spoiler

21476909_Screenshot2021-11-24at10_15_31pm.thumb.png.387e4fd784ece6b24c386021693b1332.png582079823_Screenshot2021-11-24at10_15_51pm.thumb.png.d85a28aa19f0e8d03f4eaa047b5ab43d.png1403608810_Screenshot2021-11-24at10_16_00pm.thumb.png.e959782e82f962883233c150fe3f99be.png2111456556_Screenshot2021-11-24at10_16_08pm.thumb.png.23530dfba420c90b4532e6f88206cd38.png

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 14

Yet another young fundie couple living in an RV after marriage. It’s cool now to live in an RV and travel around taking pics for Instagram. That’s the only reason Princess Esther is allowing it. I’m sure she will make sure they have an actual apartment or house after a baby arrives. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Yet another young fundie couple living in an RV after marriage. It’s cool now to live in an RV and travel around taking pics for Instagram. That’s the only reason Princess Esther is allowing it. I’m sure she will make sure they have an actual apartment or house after a baby arrives. 

Yup. And it seems to be parked just inches away from a yellow house--the Bates? How you enjoy having your MIL and a billion in-laws constantly in your business, Princess Esther. 

Oh, and I found a throw pillow to match your beige abode:

image.png.530a173b0f9591c8dbad1f91f34efcfb.png

• Upvote 17
  • WTF 1

3 hours ago, Dbm said:

So they are living in an RV, after all the extra unnecessary things they did in the wedding I didn't see this being the house of the princess. 

Hide contents

21476909_Screenshot2021-11-24at10_15_31pm.thumb.png.387e4fd784ece6b24c386021693b1332.png582079823_Screenshot2021-11-24at10_15_51pm.thumb.png.d85a28aa19f0e8d03f4eaa047b5ab43d.png1403608810_Screenshot2021-11-24at10_16_00pm.thumb.png.e959782e82f962883233c150fe3f99be.png2111456556_Screenshot2021-11-24at10_16_08pm.thumb.png.23530dfba420c90b4532e6f88206cd38.png

I mean that RV is nicer (and probably bigger) than my husband and I's first apartment.

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Upvote 14

It is a nice for a RV and makes sense since aparently they have not decided yet where they will live. She said they will stay in the RV for just 1 year so just time enough for when baby one arrives.

• Upvote 10

12 hours ago, Dbm said:

You should watch My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding! They have super over the top weddings with princess dresses, then immediately move into a "caravan" once the wedding is over.

Perhaps Nathan and Esther are taking pointers from it...

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, indianabones said:

You should watch My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding! They have super over the top weddings with princess dresses, then immediately move into a "caravan" once the wedding is over.

Perhaps Nathan and Esther are taking pointers from it...

OMG 😅, I just want to say I don't have problem with people living in the places they can afford at the moment, my thing is, if you have money and you are going to spend it anyways its better to invest in a house/apartment instead of showing of at a party. it is harder to start saving after starting a family,( in their case they won't wait as we all know), and i truly feel bad for the kids that have to share small rooms for years like jessa's and erin's kids, just because the parents did not plan properly.        

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

18 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

I mean that RV is nicer (and probably bigger) than my husband and I's first apartment.

Same here.  At the very least if they are parked near the bazillion in-laws and that gets too annoying, at least they can pull up stakes immediately.   That's one advantage. 

Better keep that RV engine in running order, Nathan.  Just a thought.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic