IGNORED

Nesther 6: Skydiving Straight into the Wedding Square

nelliebelle1197

22 hours ago, Keys said:

A weird thing that happened to me after giving birth is I can’t tolerate watching anything on TV anymore that involves murder or people getting hurt

I can't do this or nature shows with animals dying either.  Also, despite never having a problem with snakes I developed a fear of them during pregnancy that hasn't gone away.  So weird.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

48 minutes ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

I can't do this or nature shows with animals dying either.  Also, despite never having a problem with snakes I developed a fear of them during pregnancy that hasn't gone away.  So weird.

I can watch adult murder shows all day long but if an animal dies, I’m done for. Full on bawling. And I say adult murder shows because if it’s about children being killed, I have to turn it. I can’t handle that anymore. I used to. But now I have kids and it just freaks me out. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

God, I couldn’t even watch that made up alien animal nature show without getting anxious and crying when they died. No murder mystery/suspense/crime shows for me either, it’s just too much anxiety. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

The only time a TV show was made me cry was when I watched the first episode of The Dog House. There's a little dog who is surrendered and doesn't know what's happening or why her family left, and as soon as she started whining for them at the windows I was full-on sobbing.

(Spoiler alert- she got adopted by the end and is very happy in her new home.)

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...

You could literally not pay me to take a 15 day old baby on a 10 hour road trip to visit my 150 inlaws. Kenna was in TN getting baby photos with Lydia. 

• Upvote 8

50 minutes ago, gobucks said:

You could literally not pay me to take a 15 day old baby on a 10 hour road trip to visit my 150 inlaws. Kenna was in TN getting baby photos with Lydia. 

Lord have mercy… baby aside, I was in no emotional state to be doing that kind of road trip at 15 days postpartum either. Also babies often cluster feed around that time. And shouldn’t be in the car seat for more than 2 hours at a time. And often want to have contact of some form. 10 hours in a car sounds awful

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Keys said:

Lord have mercy… baby aside, I was in no emotional state to be doing that kind of road trip at 15 days postpartum either. Also babies often cluster feed around that time. And shouldn’t be in the car seat for more than 2 hours at a time. And often want to have contact of some form. 10 hours in a car sounds awful

Maybe they took the RV, and Esther was able to sit with her?

Just now, marmalade said:

Maybe they took the RV, and Esther was able to sit with her?

Ooh, I don’t follow them super closely and didn’t know they have an RV. That would definitely be more manageable!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JDuggs said:

There was video of them flying with Nathan as the pilot.

Oh, you're right. I saw that maybe 2 or 3 days ago. 

I was weird. I was in labor for 3 days.  Name it.  Nothing went right.  Finally had the baby.  I was ready to party.  Ready to get. I was out of the hospital after 6 hours.  My daughter slept through the night from the get go.  So I thought it was cute to get pregnant when she was 3 months.  Why not? Super mom! My son taught me a lesson.  I didn’t sleep for 3 years.  Vacations were a thing of the past.  Going out to eat was gone.  Showers only happened for 2 min.  Our water bill was so cheap lol.  Forget about eating.  Then teething.  My daughter was potty trained @ 14 months.  Easiest kid ever.  But that 2nd kid made me wanna chew my leg off.  That said, a baby can take over your life. It doesn’t care wtf you think.  It doesn’t care if you’re at the beach.  Some babies are hard lol. Never count on that cute sweet pie to flow with your lifestyle. 

• Upvote 12
  • Love 4

• 3 weeks later...

Esther is young and healthy. If she had an easy delivery and the baby is a quiet one, travel is not that difficult. That flight cannot be long.

We all make assumptions based on our experiences. As a new mom I was willing to travel to my hometown to show my baby. But I understand that other women have the opposite feeling. Birth can be very hard or very smooth, moms can get the baby blues or be extremely happy (or both!), some need their families while others need solitude. And of course, one must consider newborn well-being! 

• Upvote 7

Babies' immune system is not so great. I wouldn't travel with a tiny new baby. A friend of mine had a christening when their baby was 3 weeks. They let everyone hold and kiss the baby (pre-covid). Baby ended up in hospital with sepsis, nearly died. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 6
  • WTF 1

Esther's sister got married yesterday, so Nathan and Esther were there instead of at the Bates family Christmas. Her brother got married a few weeks ago, so in the last 2.5 months they have been to 3 family weddings, none in the State they live in. I guess that is what happens when two people from huge families marry.

I was looking for wedding pics and there aren't any bridal party shots but from other pictures it looks like the women in the family are wearing two styles of dress, so I wonder if she styled her bridesmaids in two different dresses. One are black one-shouldered cocktail gowns, the other are green velvet gowns with flutter sleeves. I know which I would rather wear.

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Upvote 3

5 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

Esther's sister got married yesterday, so Nathan and Esther were there instead of at the Bates family Christmas. Her brother got married a few weeks ago, so in the last 2.5 months they have been to 3 family weddings, none in the State they live in. I guess that is what happens when two people from huge families marry.

I was looking for wedding pics and there aren't any bridal party shots but from other pictures it looks like the women in the family are wearing two styles of dress, so I wonder if she styled her bridesmaids in two different dresses. One are black one-shouldered cocktail gowns, the other are green velvet gowns with flutter sleeves. I know which I would rather wear.

Esther had one the one-shouldered dress. It looked nice. Nathan was very underdressed, even for just a regular guest. (Prime timer had a pic.)

• Upvote 3

Esther had a picture on IG. Nathan is always underdressed for occasions: every wedding he’s seen at and his grandmother’s funeral. But when he proposed to Esther, he was in that flashy plaid suit. He should have just bought a conservative suit that works for any occasion. But I think with Nathan, it’s more a choice that he doesn’t care to make an effort to look nice at occasions in which he’s not the main focus.

Edited to add that Nathan did wear a blue suit to Katie and Travis’s wedding last year. Maybe it doesn’t fit anymore.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.6d39e05edb6cad363d37eb9139a99e15.png

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.3e415e0bb25e0261608a07ef0994c7d1.png

Edited by JDuggs
Adding more
  • Upvote 6

I’m not a fan of the dark hair on Esther. It doesn’t look natural at all. I assume her natural hair color is medium brown. A warm medium brown would look better than the dark hair. She also looked good as a blonde. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 18

Ha!  Just goes to show everyone has different opinions because I had thought "wow, I think that dark hair is so much better than the blond" only to scroll down and see your comment.

9 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m not a fan of the dark hair on Esther. It doesn’t look natural at all. I assume her natural hair color is medium brown. A warm medium brown would look better than the dark hair. She also looked good as a blonde. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

10 hours ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

Ha!  Just goes to show everyone has different opinions because I had thought "wow, I think that dark hair is so much better than the blond" only to scroll down and see your comment.

I think darker hair can look good in her. Just not this very dark color. There are no highlights . It’s just all one very dark color. Which just seems fake to me. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 7

I like her new color. It looks good on her. I would love to dye my hair darker but when I think about all the maintenance with regular touch ups - not gonna happen 😌

• Upvote 1

On 12/11/2022 at 3:13 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think darker hair can look good in her. Just not this very dark color. There are no highlights . It’s just all one very dark color. Which just seems fake to me. 

That plain dark is what happens when the dying job is recent. In a few days, highlights will appear, because hair was previously very light coloured. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Esther and Nathan are at a cabin for a little getaway (break from the trailer I bet). Kenna is 2 months old. I really think they could be trying for Jed and Katey type of spacing. Watch this space in 3 or 4 months. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic