IGNORED

Nesther 6: Skydiving Straight into the Wedding Square

nelliebelle1197

On 10/25/2021 at 9:33 PM, Wolf in Sheeples’ Clothing said:

Wait… Erin’s no longer involved with the boutique? Like she no longer has anything to do with it? 

It's kind of a guess with evidence. She hasn't posed for pics in a while and Whitney/Carlin/the other girl who works there have posted behind the scenes video at the boutique. Erin isn't seen. UP's synopsis for the new season says that Whitney and Carlin are working to take the boutique in a new direction. When Carlin was naming people to call about announcing her pregnancy, she didn't mention Erin (or some other siblings) then said she had to call Whitney because Whitney is her business partner. 

So who knows what the story is on Erin and the boutique. She is still mentioned on the meet the sisters page of the website. However, that hasn't been updated in a minute. It doesn't mention Whitney and Zach's latest baby, nor does it mention Carlin and Erin's pregnancies. So maybe she is on a break because of her pregnancy and other health issues. Maybe she quit. Maybe she's a silent partner. Maybe she objects to selling jewelry or something else. Personally I think that there might have been some disagreements as to the business. Erin has always said she wanted it to be more ministry focused and Carlin/Whitney want to sell dresses. Erin's plans for partnering with a women's ministry group or something didn't come through. So I could see her not wanting to put her name with the business if it isn't what she thinks it should be overall. Speculation has run amok on this. I doubt the show will ever shed full light on it. The family's brand is their friendship and togetherness.   

On 10/25/2021 at 3:47 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I agree. They act like gay weddings are a farce. Sorry but weddings with drones delivering a wedding ring (Maxwell Bontrager) or grooms skydiving in are much more of a farce than two people of the same gender getting married. 

They had way too much going on with that wedding. It was like a toddler who gets to play dress up in mom's closet. Three dresses, every necklace, all the make up, two different shoes, hats, etc. 

• Upvote 17

Fundy weddings seem to be tacky in general. This wedding just decided to go all out on tacky. I am sure they thought it was classy as a society wedding in Connecticut. These people only have two  ways to shine, their wedding and by the number of kids produce.  The funny thing is that this ridiculous wedding will now be the wedding all the other fundies aim to top. 

• Upvote 14

12 minutes ago, socalrules said:

Fundy weddings seem to be tacky in general. This wedding just decided to go all out on tacky. I am sure they thought it was classy as a society wedding in Connecticut. These people only have two  ways to shine, their wedding and by the number of kids produce.  The funny thing is that this ridiculous wedding will now be the wedding all the other fundies aim to top. 

My big fat fundie wedding is the new my big fat gypsy wedding. Or they could have a gypsy vs fundie ep. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 13

did anyone ever notice that when Erin modeled for the boutique, her instagram caption was always a bible verse/ religious saying? While Carlin's was like "Friday's are for shopping!" So it was never a surprise to me that Erin didn't share Carlin's vision. 

edit: Friday's spelled wrong purposely bc the Bates love mixing plurals and possessives! 

Edited by kmachete14
  • Upvote 8
  • Haha 6

12 hours ago, kmachete14 said:

did anyone ever notice that when Erin modeled for the boutique, her instagram caption was always a bible verse/ religious saying? While Carlin's was like "Friday's are for shopping!" So it was never a surprise to me that Erin didn't share Carlin's vision. 

edit: Friday's spelled wrong purposely bc the Bates love mixing plurals and possessives! 

It seems like the boutique started off as 'clothes, with a purpose' aka a way to provide modest fashion as a ministry. Carlin seems like she signed up because she loves cute clothes and thought it would be fun. Very different types of people. I don't really follow Whitney too much so can't be sure where she falls in this spectrum, down the middle I would suppose?

• Upvote 11

Even though Carlin is annoying as hell, Erin and her over the top Jesus-y BS would drive me just as nuts. The only Bates adult sister I could stand is probably Tori. She isn’t an attention whore and she isn’t always going on and on about God’s miracle in her uterus. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Even though Carlin is annoying as hell, Erin and her over the top Jesus-y BS would drive me just as nuts. The only Bates adult sister I could stand is probably Tori. She isn’t an attention whore and she isn’t always going on and on about God’s miracle in her uterus. 

But Tori was beyond annoying going on and on about getting a ring from Bobby. If he’d throttled her I think I could have argued that it was justifiable (joking). All the older Bates daughters seem to be annoying in one way or another. I think Josie may be the least annoying. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

47 minutes ago, Angelface said:

But Tori was beyond annoying going on and on about getting a ring from Bobby. If he’d throttled her I think I could have argued that it was justifiable (joking). All the older Bates daughters seem to be annoying in one way or another. I think Josie may be the least annoying. 

I bet she’s calmed down in the last 4 years. These girls are primed for marriage. It’s all they think about. It’s their only goal in life. I blame her parents for focusing so much on it that she was obsessed and annoying about it. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

11 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

There’s been quite a few talking heads on how godly tori is, and how she helps bring people back to the right path, so I’m not sure she’s bertter than Erin in that regard. We just don’t know, because she’s not on socials as much. 

However, the one time in recent memory she was on socials, she shared her testimony and challenged all her siblings to do the same.

• Upvote 14

14 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Whenever we hear from Tori it is to announce a pregnancy or baby and her announcements are filled with more than usual God stuff. I'd say if she's close to Erin and Michael it's probably a good indication of the type of person Tori is.

• Upvote 16

How...modest. Peekabo?

Must be tiresome for Nathan to keep his eyes downcast the intire time. So much NIKE at these resorts. 

Screenshot_20211030-135436_Instagram.jpg

Edited by Thorns
  • Upvote 10

How weird. For a dip kiss she's on a very odd position and it looks like he's about to drop her? 

• Upvote 7
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 22
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Thorns said:

How...modest. Peekabo?

Must be tiresome for Nathan to keep his eyes downcast the intire time. So much NIKE at these resorts. 

Can you imagine asking some poor resort workers to take this cringe mess?

I think with Tori I got the impression that even though she’s religious, she may not constantly talk about it. I could be wrong. Erin just seems to go on and on. I know Priscilla Waller is very religious but I feel like I could talk to her on other topics besides religion. Like kids and pregnancy. Her husband is another story though. All he talks about is god then Jesus then god then Jesus. If Tori is like that, then I wouldn’t want to go near her. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

Yeah, the leg position of this in a shorter dress is "less than modest". Even us "sluttish heathens" know that. 

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

Call me crazy, but, I have a funny feeling she's not wearing modest wear at the pool and that's quite the view if you were standing to the side.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

9 hours ago, Thorns said:

How...modest. Peekabo?

Ah now half the resort gets to see her wedding square… 

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 28
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, sleepygirl1 said:

Don’t fundies believe though that as soon as you get married your modesty values can go a little out the window?

And when they are pregnant the clothing gets purposely less modest, as if to say scream, “ look what we did.”

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

Her leg placement reminds me of the fancy balancing act I had to do when putting a box of booze in my trunk today. I had pants on and was upright, but otherwise remarkably similar.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 8
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

Her leg placement reminds me of the fancy balancing act I had to do when putting a box of booze in my trunk today. I had pants on and was upright, but otherwise remarkably similar.

I know which of those two balancing acts I would rather be doing…

• Haha 5
  • I Agree 4

I remember taking wedding pictures just my husband and me. I would never let him dip me and he knows it. I am very tall and large so literally no one has tried to pick me up since I was like 8 or 9. And I even hate being dipped because I have to partially be held by someone. Nope. Not happening.

• Upvote 3

This may be my favourite fundie wedding photo/couple of all time:

Screenshot_20211103_174509.thumb.jpg.8a69ed253d3200494c4e2807b04ba2d9.jpg

The Tiffany-Lawson nuptials are gonna be great, but honestly I am so, so excited to see the tacky and tasteless future announcements and decor from Nester. 

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 20
  • I Agree 1

That picture is hilarious. I love how completely over the top this couple and wedding were. It’s ridiculous but oh so funny. 

• Upvote 17
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 4

26 minutes ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

This may be my favourite fundie wedding photo/couple of all time:

Screenshot_20211103_174509.thumb.jpg.8a69ed253d3200494c4e2807b04ba2d9.jpg

The Tiffany-Lawson nuptials are gonna be great, but honestly I am so, so excited to see the tacky and tasteless future announcements and decor from Nester. 

Nathan’s view when they got to their hotel room. She looks like she’s about to be deflowered. 

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 4
  • I Agree 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic