IGNORED

Nesther 6: Skydiving Straight into the Wedding Square

nelliebelle1197

Nathan married Esther Keyes.  Esther sister screwed up on Reddit. Everyone underdressed except Esther who was Extra Esther.

Edited by nelliebelle1197
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 12
  • Thank You 2

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Nathan and Esther 6: Skydiving Straight into the Wedding Square

I really don’t understand how they justify this kind of thing for a wedding. They’re the type of people who remind us that weddings are sacred and to honor god but it’s just fine and dandy to make a spectacle and turning the wedding into a show.

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 10
  • Love 1

23 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

I really don’t understand how they justify this kind of thing for a wedding. They’re the type of people who remind us that weddings are sacred and to honor god but it’s just fine and dandy to make a spectacle and turning the wedding into a show.

I agree. They act like gay weddings are a farce. Sorry but weddings with drones delivering a wedding ring (Maxwell Bontrager) or grooms skydiving in are much more of a farce than two people of the same gender getting married. 

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 9
  • Thank You 1

40 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

I mean these people think their whole lives are a show and spectacle to honor god.  

God I can't even type that with a straight face lol

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 8

If it was all focused on the wedding being big and then they evened out for normal life after, it would be one thing, but the Bateses just hop from one elaborate spectacle to the next. It's courtposals and couples photo shoots and destination proposals and engagement parties before the wedding. Then it's multiple times a year professional photos, baby announcement events, sex reveal parties, elaborate baby showers, and on and on and on.

It's easy to get swept up in wedding extravagance, even if you're not a low list reality tv personality. But the Bates perform for attention 24/7.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

• nelliebelle1197 changed the title to Nesther 6: Skydiving Straight into the Wedding Square
4 hours ago, Smash! said:

Love the new thread title!

@nelliebelle1197 You linked the wrong thread at the end of the old one. 

I had too many tabs open!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Adrienne83 said:

In the last post someone mentioned Erin falling out with her sisters? What did I miss!?

People think Erin has had a falling out with her sisters bc she's backed out of the boutique and doesn't interact with them on social media. I feel like she probably just got overwhelmed by the boutique, and I do think her little children's bible cards are more small-scale and up her alley. 

Now, I do believe that there's drama between Esther and her sisters, haha. Leah definitely didn't go, and the only social media pic they have together recently is the "girls' trip" beach pics, which was *all* the younger Keyes' gals and the two +1s, so it's not like good-little-Christian-girls could exclude someone haha. Jen was the sister I think was supposed to be a bridesmaid, and she and her bf were def at the wedding - one of the Bates shared a full family picture with both Bates and Keyes sides. But I feel like pre-Nathan Esther was probably closest to her 3 younger sisters, and now only the youngest was a bridesmaid and her MOH was her sister that's older by probably 5 years. 

• Upvote 7

In the video of N&E walking down the aisle together, Nathan seems seriously out of breath even before they started walking. I'm assuming her had just kissed the bride, but other than that, I don't see why he would be out of breath?

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

People think Erin has had a falling out with her sisters bc she's backed out of the boutique and doesn't interact with them on social media.

Wait… Erin’s no longer involved with the boutique? Like she no longer has anything to do with it? 

10 minutes ago, Wolf in Sheeples’ Clothing said:

Wait… Erin’s no longer involved with the boutique? Like she no longer has anything to do with it? 

I am not sure that has been confirmed.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Adrienne83 said:

In the last post someone mentioned Erin falling out with her sisters? What did I miss!?

UPtv did a promo of the new season talking about the boutique and just cited Whitney and Carlin as owners. When Carlin was deciding who to call first to reveal her pregnancy news on her youtube video she said she would call Whitney first since she is her work partner. This, and the fact Erin has just started a new bussiness, and has not promoted the boutique in ages makes people think she no longer works there. 

About Erin and Carlin, it is pretty noticeable that they avoid commenting or liking each other instagram pictures. But the Same can be said for Whitney. It is more noticeable with Carlin because she is social media addicted and usually is the first to comment in any family member posts.

• Upvote 3

If I had 18 brothers and sisters, I can guarantee there would be at least one sibling I didn’t much like or get along with. Actually I bet there would be more than one.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 12

8 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

If I had 18 brothers and sisters, I can guarantee there would be at least one sibling I didn’t much like or get along with. Actually I bet there would be more than one.

True, there is sisters that are just not compatible personality wise and have never been close. For example Josie and Carlin, they always are cordial with each other but i wouldnt say they are friends. Now Erin and Carlin used to be super close until very recently. Erin even called her her best friend:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bx8oYi4H6XG/

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, llucie said:

True, there is sisters that are just not compatible personality wise and have never been close. For example Josie and Carlin, they always are cordial with each other but i wouldnt say they are friends. Now Erin and Carlin used to be super close until very recently. Erin even called her her best friend:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bx8oYi4H6XG/

Erin also called Carson her best friend. And her mom her best friend. She throws that phrase around a lot. 

• Upvote 16
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

35 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Exactly!  I have three brothers. B1 is a narcissistic a**hole who I cut out of our lives several years ago.  B2 has lots of issues and doesn’t see anyone in the family except for his youngest daughter (I’m close to his ex wife though).  B3 is a regular nice guy who gets on with everyone.  
The dynamics of so many adult siblings would be very complicated. So many different personalities!

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

I am wondering if Carlin’s lack of modesty these days might be the issue. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

I am wondering if Carlin’s lack of modesty these days might be the issue. 

Oh yes, those scandalous skinny jeans have got her a ticket straight to The Bad Place.

When I read your comment I had to think about what Carlin wears - no specific item sticks out as no more or less immodest than the rest of the IG loving-married girls? Is there something I am missing?

• I Agree 4

1 minute ago, MaryOrMartha said:

Oh yes, those scandalous skinny jeans have got her a ticket straight to The Bad Place.

When I read your comment I had to think about what Carlin wears - no specific item sticks out as no more or less immodest than the rest of the IG loving-married girls? Is there something I am missing?

Erin, Michael and Tori are still very much in the Kelly modesty box. But it is beyond clothes. Erin is reserved and seems to want to project herself as this perfect Jesus housewife; Carlin is all over the map trying to be hipster Christian influencer with her performative acts all over Target (can’t fundies stick to Walmart??) etc. I could see straight-laced Erin finding her behavior immodest more than her clothing. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4

Erin has also claimed Michaella as her BFF in the past.  She definitely throws around the word loosely, especially since your Dear Husband is ALWAYS your BFF that you get to be married to 4-EVA.  

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic